SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Playoff Series Predictions

Apr. 30, 2022 at 10:58 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Let's post our 1st round predictions, and our whole playoff predictions.
Whoever chooses the most teams with 1st round series wins, gets to choose profile pictures for people that failed 1st round predictions. If there's a tie, the amount of games predictions wins. Let's say me and John get 5 playoff series wins correct, the most. I predicted 2 of those series with the correct amount of games were in those series. John picked 1. Therefore I win, and John is safe. Anyone who chooses under 4 series correct, the winner gets to choose that person's pfp until the conclusion of the 2nd round.
Who's in?
Saskleaf, Nix and palhal liked this.
May 1, 2022 at 12:25 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Whoever chooses the most teams with 1st round series wins, gets to choose profile pictures for people that failed 1st round predictions. If there's a tie, the amount of games predictions wins. Let's say me and John get 5 playoff series wins correct, the most. I predicted 2 of those series with the correct amount of games were in those series. John picked 1. Therefore I win, and John is safe. Anyone who chooses under 4 series correct, the winner gets to choose that person's pfp until the conclusion of the 2nd round.
Who's in?

I might do it.
May 1, 2022 at 12:28 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Saskleaf
I might do it.

Deadline for 1st round predictions is Monday.
Ypu could still participate in round 2 if you miss it.
Predictions the whole playoffs is optional, but it might come with affects
Saskleaf and capsfan2121 liked this.
May 1, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
Go leafs go
Edited May 1, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
Deadline for 1st round predictions is Monday.
Ypu could still participate in round 2 if you miss it.
Predictions the whole playoffs is optional, but it might come with affects

I have 2 different brackets. One is one with my family and one is on the capfriendly league on bracket challenge. I'll do my picks from on there:

Avs in 5
Wild in 7
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6
Caps in 7
Lightning in 7
Bruins in 6
Rangers in 5
May 1, 2022 at 7:20 a.m.
More Finns More Wins
From most confident to least confident

Avalanche over Predators in 4 games. Juuse Saros is out, and the Avs will have no trouble scoring against Connor Ingram/David Rittich
Flames over Stars in 5 games. Markstrom is much better than Oettinger, and the Flames' skaters (Lindholm, Backlund, et al) will be able to shut down Dallas' only reliable offence (Pavelski-Hintz-Robertson)
Panthers over Capitals in 5 games. The Caps' 6 defenders will not be able to hold the Panthers insane top 9. I wouldn't be stunned if goaltending flips this, weither through Bobrovsky faltering or one of the Caps' guys stealing it.

Oilers over Kings in 6 games. Assuming Mike Smith doesn't fall apart like last playoffs, the Oilers actually have enough scoring depth to make a run. That's a big assumption though
Lightning over Leafs in 7 games. Andrei Vasilevskiy >>> Jack Campbell, and that's going to be the difference in a close series.
Carolina over Boston in 6 games. The Hurricanes had one of the best PKs of all time, and they're going to need it very frequently in a series against Boston. Goaltending is also a question for the Hurricanes, as Frederik Andersen will not be able to start Game 1. I think that Raanta is quite underrated, so the Canes will be fine (copium)

Blues over Wild in 7 games. The Blues have superior depth, and Ryan O'Reilly's checking line should be able to slow down Kaprizov enough for the Blues to prevail. Fleury is the X-factor though, who could steal the series easily.
Rangers over Penguins in 6 games. The Rangers do have the better team on paper, but something tells me it's all going to crash down spectacularly.... I'm really not confident in this one
May 1, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
Who's in?

I’m in.

Avs in 4

Wild in 7

Flames in 6

Oilers in 6

Cats in 5

Lightning in 6

Bruins in 6

Rags in 7
May 1, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
I have 2 different brackets. One is one with my family and one is on the capfriendly league on bracket challenge. I'll do my picks from on there:

Avs
Wild
Flames
Oilers
Caps
Lightning
Bruins
Rangers

I need games in case of tiebreaker needed
Saskleaf liked this.
May 1, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Avs in 4
Blues in 7
Flames in 6
Oilers in 6
Panthers in 4
Lightning in 7
Hurricanes in 7
Rangers in 6
May 1, 2022 at 5:07 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Also, if you'd like to place in your whole playoffs bracket, please do it before Mondays games, after that you can't participate in the entire playoff bracket.
Im warning you though, its a big risk / but also a hugh reward!
@Saskleaf
@Hurricanes_WPG
@TuckerPoolman
May 1, 2022 at 5:07 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Devil
Avs in 4
Blues in 7
Flames in 6
Oilers in 6
Panthers in 4
Lightning in 7
Hurricanes in 7
Rangers in 6

Also, if you'd like to place in your whole playoffs bracket, please do it before Mondays games, after that you can't participate in the entire playoff bracket.
Im warning you though, its a big risk / but also a hugh reward!
Saskleaf
Hurricanes_WPG
TuckerPoolman
May 1, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Is 4 too much of a leaway?
Should we do anyone under 6 correct get the so called "punishment" and anyone with 7 or up get go decide the so called punishment?
@Saskleaf
@Hurricanes_WPG
@TuckerPoolman

Let me know what you think!
(If I get no answers we'll do it the way I've just proposed
May 1, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Is 4 too much of a leaway?
Should we do anyone under 6 correct get the so called "punishment" and anyone with 7 or up get go decide the so called punishment?
Saskleaf
Hurricanes_WPG
TuckerPoolman

Let me know what you think!
(If I get no answers we'll do it the way I've just proposed

@Devil
May 1, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
I still have to calculate my predictions....
I hope I don't miss it!
May 1, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Florida
Tampa
Canes
Rangers
Avs
Calgary
Kings
Blues
May 1, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
Go leafs go

Avs in 5
Wild in 7
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6
Caps in 7
Lightning in 7
Bruins in 6
Rangers in 5

Avs
Flames
Lightning
Bruins

Avs
Lightning

Avs.
May 1, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Avs
Flames
Lightning
Bruins

Avs
Lightning

Avs.

You confirm it, because it is a very big "punishment " if you don't fulfill the criteria.
May 1, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: palhal
Florida
Tampa
Canes
Rangers
Avs
Calgary
Kings
Blues

I need games in case of tiebreakers
May 1, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
Go leafs go
You confirm it, because it is a very big "punishment " if you don't fulfill the criteria.

Haven’t I filled all the criteria now?
May 1, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
[quote=palhal;3187660 Florida. 5
Tampa. 6
Canes. 6
Rangers. 5
Avs 5
Calgary. 5
Kings. 6
Blues. 6
May 1, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Haven’t I filled all the criteria now?

You have. But if ypu DONT get the amount of playoff series correct or whatever I decide, then, then, you might get "punished".
I'm telling you, it's a big risk, but do as ypu wish
Saskleaf liked this.
May 1, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
Go leafs go
You have. But if ypu DONT get the amount of playoff series correct or whatever I decide, then, then, you might get "punished".
I'm telling you, it's a big risk, but do as ypu wish

I’m in.

Not confident I will win or anything but I’ll be fine.
May 2, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
My 1st round predictions:

Florida in 4 vs Washington

Tampa in 7 vs Toronto

Boston in 6 vs Carolina

Pittsburgh in 7 vs New York

Colorado in 4 vs Nashville

Minnesota in 7 vs St. Louis

Calgary in 6 vs Dallas

Edmonton in 5 vs Los Angeles

Full playoff predictions for me coming tomorrow if I have time.

.Remember. Monday At 7pm EST is the deadline to put in your 1st round series predictions. If you don't do it, you may still participate for the 2nd round predictions.
Monday at 7pm EST is the deadline to put in your full playoff predictions. After then, you may not participate in that.
Rules: Anyone who gets under 6 series correct, gets "punished" by the people who got 7 or over series correct. People who got 6 won't punish nor receive a punishment. The punishment for the 1st round is, the people that win get to choose the profile picture of every person that failed until the conclusionof the 2nd round. Remember, getting 7 or over playoff series correct, will help you in round 2, and potentially beyond.
Good luck!
May 2, 2022 at 12:06 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: palhal
[quote=palhal;3187660 Florida. 5
Tampa. 6
Canes. 6
Rangers. 5
Avs 5
Calgary. 5
Kings. 6
Blues. 6

Ypu forgot the panthers-capitals series
May 2, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
My 1st round predictions:

ules: Anyone who gets under 6 series correct, gets "punished" by the people who got 7 or over series correct. People who got 6 won't punish nor receive a punishment. The punishment for the 1st round is, the people that win get to choose the profile picture of every person that failed until the conclusionof the 2nd round. Remember, getting 7 or over playoff series correct, will help you in round 2, and potentially beyond.
Good luck!

Gee,I don't know how to change my profile picture, so I might get a new look for a month,.

My Florida prediction........Panthers in 5
May 2, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
More Finns More Wins
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
From most confident to least confident

Avalanche over Predators in 4 games. Juuse Saros is out, and the Avs will have no trouble scoring against Connor Ingram/David Rittich
Flames over Stars in 5 games. Markstrom is much better than Oettinger, and the Flames' skaters (Lindholm, Backlund, et al) will be able to shut down Dallas' only reliable offence (Pavelski-Hintz-Robertson)
Panthers over Capitals in 5 games. The Caps' 6 defenders will not be able to hold the Panthers insane top 9. I wouldn't be stunned if goaltending flips this, weither through Bobrovsky faltering or one of the Caps' guys stealing it.

Oilers over Kings in 6 games. Assuming Mike Smith doesn't fall apart like last playoffs, the Oilers actually have enough scoring depth to make a run. That's a big assumption though
Lightning over Leafs in 7 games. Andrei Vasilevskiy >>> Jack Campbell, and that's going to be the difference in a close series.
Carolina over Boston in 6 games. The Hurricanes had one of the best PKs of all time, and they're going to need it very frequently in a series against Boston. Goaltending is also a question for the Hurricanes, as Frederik Andersen will not be able to start Game 1. I think that Raanta is quite underrated, so the Canes will be fine (copium)

Blues over Wild in 7 games. The Blues have superior depth, and Ryan O'Reilly's checking line should be able to slow down Kaprizov enough for the Blues to prevail. Fleury is the X-factor though, who could steal the series easily.
Rangers over Penguins in 6 games. The Rangers do have the better team on paper, but something tells me it's all going to crash down spectacularly.... I'm really not confident in this one

Second Round Predictions:

Hurricanes over Rangers in 5 games. Here's where the Rangers come crashing down. In addition, the only time the Canes played against Shesterkin they scored 4, so he's not going to get in their head
Panthers over Lightning in 6 games. This is going to be the most entertaining series of the entire playoffs bar none. Unlike last year, Florida now has a decisive edge on the third and fourth lines and that's going to be the difference.

Flames over Oilers in 6 games. Jacob Markstrom >>> Mike Smith and that's my entire reasoning
Blues over Avalanche in 7 games. The Blues, after a hard-fought series against Minnesota, come out of the gate with a higher intensity than the Avalanche who just cakewalked through the first round. This rattles the Avs and the Blues win the series.

Conference Finals:
Hurricanes over Panthers in 6 games. The Panthers have much better skaters and a far better powerplay, the Hurricanes have better goaltending and penalty kill. Playoffs tend to favour the more defensive, grinding, wear-them-down style of the Hurricanes rather than the wealth of elite skill in Florida

Flames over Blues in 6 games. I like the Flames' high-end skill over the Blues', and more importantly, I like the Flames' goaltending over the Blues'

Stanley Cup Finals: Flames defeat Hurricanes in 7 games. Two of the best defensive teams in the league, with goaltenders that should both finish top 5 if not top 3 in Vezina voting. The difference is in star power. Gaudreau, Lindholm(!) and Tkachuk have been much better than Svechnikov, Aho, and Teravainen, and I see no reason that should stop.
DucharmetheDOMinator and jr400 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll