SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Playoff Predictions

May 2, 2022 at 11:09 a.m.
Avs vs Preds: Preds have lost in the first round three years in a row, and Colorado has the talent for the playoffs to at least make it past here. If Juuse Saros comes back at any point, the Preds may win a game but if he’s out the whole time, they are toast and I have the Avs sweeping them.

Wild vs Blues: This will be a hard fought series and is so hard for me to predict. I will go with the Wild due to the fact they have Fleury in net who has more playoff experience then Binnington who has won a cup but wasn’t good this year, and also Ville Husso. Let’s just hope for Fleury he does not make the same mistake again.

Flames vs Stars: As a stars fan, they have not played well for most of the year and only made it in because they’re in the western conference. Calgary is a much better team and I have them winning in six since I think Dallas has enough playoff experience to win a couple games. If the stars play like they have during the regular season they don’t stand a chance.

Oilers vs Kings: This will be a hot take for most, but I have the Kings winning this series in five even with Doughty out. The oilers have completely sucked in the playoffs the last couple years, and I don’t think they did enough to fix that. Let’s not forget the Kings have Jonathan Quick who has been one of the best playoff goalies throughout his career.

Panthers vs Capitals: Florida has not won a playoff series in such a long time, but I do believe in them and I think this will be the year they finally win a round. I have them winning in five since the Caps are an easy opponent who just don’t have the goaltending whatsoever.

Leafs vs Bolts: Sorry Leafs fans but there is no way they are beating the two time defending Stanley cup champion who has the best goalie in the league. Leafs have a lot of scoring and good defense, but horrible goaltending, and I’ll give them seven games just to be funny.

Canes vs Bruins: it really hurts me to say this, it HURTS me, but I don’t see this being the canes’ year. This is due to their goaltending and the fact the Bruins are too good of a playoff team. Canes are excellent in the playoffs too which is why I’ll give them six games, but it’ll be 2019 and 2020 all over again. I HOPE I am wrong about this one.

Rangers vs Pens: This is another series that’ll be hard to predict, but Jarry is injured and the Pens just don’t have good playoff goaltending, while the Rangers have Shesterkin who will likely be a vezina candidate. I have the Rangers winning, but they haven’t had much playoff experience so I’ll give it six games.

I won’t write explanations for the other round since we don’t know what the matchups will be, but I have the Calgary Flames winning the Stanley Cup. They have Darryl Sutter as their coach who has won multiple cups in the past, and they are just such a well built team with probably the best first line in the league, and very solid defense and goaltending. It’ll be interesting to look back and see what I got right and wrong, the playoffs are extremely unpredictable.
May 2, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
TBH I haven't followed the NHL as closely this year as previous years, but I'll try (mostly random guesses lol):

Washington over Florida in 6
Tampa Bay over Toronto in 6
Carolina over Boston in 6
NY Rangers over Pittsburgh in 6
Colorado over Nashville in 5
St. Louis over Minnesota in 7
Dallas over Calgary in 6
Los Angeles over Edmonton in 6

Tampa Bay over Washington in 7
NY Rangers over Carolina in 7
Colorado over St. Louis in 5
Dallas over Los Angeles in 5

NY Rangers over Tampa Bay in 7
Dallas over Colorado in 7

Dallas over NY Rangers in 7
May 2, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
TBH I haven't followed the NHL as closely this year as previous years, but I'll try (mostly random guesses lol):

Dallas over Calgary in 6

Heh.
May 2, 2022 at 3:08 p.m.

Dallas over Calgary in 6

Dallas??? I can tell these are some random guesses, Dallas and Nashville are arguably the 2 worst playoff teams
May 2, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.

Dallas over Calgary in 6

It would be a miracle if this Dallas Stars hockey team won the stanley cup!
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 2, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: nintendofan721
It would be a miracle if this Dallas Stars hockey team won the stanley cup!

Nah, that would get in the way of making the early bird at Sizzler.
May 2, 2022 at 4:15 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Dallas??? I can tell these are some random guesses, Dallas and Nashville are arguably the 2 worst playoff teams

the worst Playoff team is LA they would have been overtaken by Vegas if they didn't have such a easy last ten games
May 3, 2022 at 5:15 a.m.
retired
florida, tampa, boston, pens, colorado, st. louis, calgary, edmonton
florida, pens, avs, calgary,
florida, avs
avs.
May 21, 2022 at 4:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Dallas over Calgary in 6