LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$856,667$856,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
Even with the 1sts, a large stack of nothing valuable is still nothing valuable. You have no chance at Dubois even if he does get traded.
BatVader liked this.
May 2, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
MTL don't do this Jets trade lol. Horrible for us
Priyce liked this.
May 2, 2022 at 2:04 p.m.
Lambchopz17
Quoting: Windjammer
Even with the 1sts, a large stack of nothing valuable is still nothing valuable. You have no chance at Dubois even if he does get traded.

Included in there is a guaranteed top 3 pick. I’m not a Habs fan and I don’t think they should make this trade but there definitely is value
May 2, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: Lambchopz
Included in there is a guaranteed top 3 pick. I’m not a Habs fan and I don’t think they should make this trade but there definitely is value

Yes, one valuable piece. There just isn't enough value.
May 2, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
Mark
I have no horse in this race, but that is a lot for Dubois. To me, he seems like he is itching to get to unrestricted status and hit his pay-day, regardless of the team. Again, I don't care about either team, but I know that I wouldn't want my team trading for him.
May 2, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.
Yes, one valuable piece. There just isn't enough value.

lol a top 3 pick is kinda close as value. Now add CGY 1st Mallouix and all the rest and is a overpay by a lot
May 2, 2022 at 3:09 p.m.
Quoting: mastersp4
lol a top 3 pick is kinda close as value. Now add CGY 1st Mallouix and all the rest and is a overpay by a lot

Armia and Byron are cap dumps, so the Calgary first and Norlinder is compensation for taking them.

Mailloux has severe character issues and is worthless. Montreal made a mistake taking him, the Jets aren't obligated to fix it for Montreal. Poehling has little to no value. Every team has AHL /NHL tweakers.

There just nothing tempting for Winnipeg at all.
May 2, 2022 at 3:21 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
That's a pretty tempting offer, sub Dvorak for Armia and I'd have to consider that if I was Chevy.
May 2, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
That's a pretty tempting offer, sub Dvorak for Armia and I'd have to consider that if I was Chevy.

Nice. Messing with then like that. smile
May 2, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.
Jets Decline
None of those players are worth anything to WPG
Just a crap quantity offer

Start with Barron + Caulfield + ‘23 1st
Then wrap your head around the fact Dubois isn’t available
Windjammer liked this.
May 2, 2022 at 3:32 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Nice. Messing with then like that. smile

Sorry, what? Was then supposed to be them?

Seriously I'd give this a lot of consideration if it was Dvorak instead of Armia, if there's any doubt of if Dubois will sign long term and this was offered I'd have to consider it, that's a solid offer and personally I think Mailloux deserves a second chance even if the self righteous virtue signaling media wants to persecute the kid, a 6'3 200 lbs RHD is probably worth giving a second chance to.
May 2, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Sorry, what? Was then supposed to be them?

Seriously I'd give this a lot of consideration if it was Dvorak instead of Armia, if there's any doubt of if Dubois will sign long term and this was offered I'd have to consider it, that's a solid offer and personally I think Mailloux deserves a second chance even if the self righteous virtue signaling media wants to persecute the kid, a 6'3 200 lbs RHD is probably worth giving a second chance to.

Yeah, them. Stupid autocorrect.

Okay, you're saying if Dubois wasn't signing. Even then with Poehling and Norlinder it's pretty meh for me. Just nothing useful IMO.
May 2, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Yeah, them. Stupid autocorrect.

Okay, you're saying if Dubois wasn't signing. Even then with Poehling and Norlinder it's pretty meh for me. Just nothing useful IMO.

Yeah if it was both those 1sts, Dvorak and Mailloux I'd do it, now in reality does Montreal make that offer? Probably not but maybe, they do love their French players.. lol
May 2, 2022 at 4:18 p.m.
Yeah if it was both those 1sts, Dvorak and Mailloux I'd do it, now in reality does Montreal make that offer? Probably not but maybe, they do love their French players.. lol

It would also depend on if the Jets want futures or players. I just can't see them going the futures route.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 2, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I'll say it again. No point acquiring a top 2C until we see what we get from the next 2 drafts.
Ditto for wingers, unless we are moving vets and replacing them with younger, less term, cheaper, stop gaps while prospects develop.
Double ditto for LHD.

We only need:
1. A RHD vet capable of supporting the development of a young partner IF Petry leaves.
2. A starting or tandem goaltender IF Price is unable to play.

All we should be doing, is unloading players who will not be a factor in 3 years or who are replaceable from within.
Hoffman and Drouin should be gone.
Armia and Byron are on the fence because they don't take prime ice time, but their cap could be an obstacle.
Gallagher and Anderson will be anchors for the development of our youth and contributing veterans down the road.
Dvorak is needed to lessen the pressure on younger centers at least for a little while.
Savard can be replaced once we have someone ready to do so.

UFAs and big ticket trades might speed up the process, but it shouldn't be our goal. The objective is to build, build, build, then compete for a decade. Not build and bubble for several more years.
May 2, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
It would also depend on if the Jets want futures or players. I just can't see them going the futures route.

Well I get that but if you get multiple offers and the futures one is way better which one do you take? A team based in Winnipeg is pretty much always going to have a longer term plan in mind and to me something involving a Dvorak type coming back allows them to still be competitive and get some futures pieces, again that is if Montreal would give that much for Dubois.

Like Jets fans saying it starts with Caufield or Suzuki are being unrealistic and really do we need another small winger like Caufield, no doubt they need goals but Idk, he's similar to what the Jets already have.

Hate to say it but I think the Jets might be closer to a rebuild than they are to a solid offseason retool back into contention next season, they could probably turn it around I just don't have faith in management or ownership anymore, have doubts that they even see what needs fixing on or off the ice.
May 2, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
Well I get that but if you get multiple offers and the futures one is way better which one do you take? A team based in Winnipeg is pretty much always going to have a longer term plan in mind and to me something involving a Dvorak type coming back allows them to still be competitive and get some futures pieces, again that is if Montreal would give that much for Dubois.

Like Jets fans saying it starts with Caufield or Suzuki are being unrealistic and really do we need another small winger like Caufield, no doubt they need goals but Idk, he's similar to what the Jets already have.

Hate to say it but I think the Jets might be closer to a rebuild than they are to a solid offseason retool back into contention next season, they could probably turn it around I just don't have faith in management or ownership anymore, have doubts that they even see what needs fixing on or off the ice.

I agree kind of on the futures deal thing. It would really come down to a case by case basis of the offers. There would be so many variables, depending on the players/picks involved it would be really hard to give a definitive answer on which way it goes.

I also agree on Caufield. I personally would have very little interest in the Jets asking for him. I think most Jets fans refer to Suzuki when talking with Montreal homers. Basically saying, which is a valid point, that whatever Montreal fans would expect for Suzuki, Jets fans would expect for Dubois.

Right now, with the information we have, Dubois would be untouchable and certainly no deal for him would be considered before Scheifele's situation is sorted.

I'm interested to see how the Jets go with coaching and I can see the frustration with management, especially after Chipman's comments. I know he's not going to tip his hand in an interview, so we'll see if his actions actually spell change.
May 2, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I agree kind of on the futures deal thing. It would really come down to a case by case basis of the offers. There would be so many variables, depending on the players/picks involved it would be really hard to give a definitive answer on which way it goes.

I also agree on Caufield. I personally would have very little interest in the Jets asking for him. I think most Jets fans refer to Suzuki when talking with Montreal homers. Basically saying, which is a valid point, that whatever Montreal fans would expect for Suzuki, Jets fans would expect for Dubois.

Right now, with the information we have, Dubois would be untouchable and certainly no deal for him would be considered before Scheifele's situation is sorted.

I'm interested to see how the Jets go with coaching and I can see the frustration with management, especially after Chipman's comments. I know he's not going to tip his hand in an interview, so we'll see if his actions actually spell change.

That's why I usually try to make my comments to whatever variable could happen like "if the Jets go this route that trade might work" or "if they want a straight up hockey trade that's the kind of player they'd probably want", I just don't see the point in being absolute when I have no inside knowledge of what management is really thinking. Like a lot of the comments and debates about Chiarot on here leading up to the TDL were ridiculous.

I try to avoid those kinds of discussions especially with certain fanbases.. lol

Yeah I assume Dubois is pretty much an untouchable for the Jets right now and the Scheifele conundrum adds to Dubois' untouchable status, gotta say Dubois was solid this season but has gotten a bit overrated by Jets fans from what I can see.

What were Chipmans comments? Sorry I don't quite get what you mean.
May 2, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
That's why I usually try to make my comments to whatever variable could happen like "if the Jets go this route that trade might work" or "if they want a straight up hockey trade that's the kind of player they'd probably want", I just don't see the point in being absolute when I have no inside knowledge of what management is really thinking. Like a lot of the comments and debates about Chiarot on here leading up to the TDL were ridiculous.

I try to avoid those kinds of discussions especially with certain fanbases.. lol

Yeah I assume Dubois is pretty much an untouchable for the Jets right now and the Scheifele conundrum adds to Dubois' untouchable status, gotta say Dubois was solid this season but has gotten a bit overrated by Jets fans from what I can see.

What were Chipmans comments? Sorry I don't quite get what you mean.

Not much really. Just kind of what you would expect him to say on an interview. "They aren't reactionary. They're patient and will look at their options" kind of stuff. I'm paraphrasing obviously, but he didn't give off too much of a concerned vibe. So apparently that frustrated some fans that he wasn't hopping mad.

I can understand the frustration, but at the same time what is he going to say?

I'll have to try the not speaking in absolutes thing.Winking with Tongue Out
May 2, 2022 at 8:38 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Not much really. Just kind of what you would expect him to say on an interview. "They aren't reactionary. They're patient and will look at their options" kind of stuff. I'm paraphrasing obviously, but he didn't give off too much of a concerned vibe. So apparently that frustrated some fans that he wasn't hopping mad.

I can understand the frustration, but at the same time what is he going to say?

I'll have to try the not speaking in absolutes thing.Winking with Tongue Out

Yeah they talk in politically correct/politician speak where they say nice things with positive spin and talk a lot yet say nothing, do fans really think they're gonna say something like: "Oh yeah heads are gonna roll in this organization", "We're gonna see if we can trade for X player" or "X player has made a trade request but don't worry we'll get a haul for him if we do trade him".... ?.. lol 🤣

Seriously though Chipman probably should be more concerned, he's losing a lot of support in the fanbase and not one sellout this season can't all be attributed to the virus.
Winnipeg isn't a big city, there's only so much money to go around.
May 2, 2022 at 8:54 p.m.
Yeah they talk in politically correct/politician speak where they say nice things with positive spin and talk a lot yet say nothing, do fans really think they're gonna say something like: "Oh yeah heads are gonna roll in this organization", "We're gonna see if we can trade for X player" or "X player has made a trade request but don't worry we'll get a haul for him if we do trade him".... ?.. lol 🤣

Seriously though Chipman probably should be more concerned, he's losing a lot of support in the fanbase and not one sellout this season can't all be attributed to the virus.
Winnipeg isn't a big city, there's only so much money to go around.

That was really the only thing that kind of got me slightly concerned. It was like he was doubling down on the "nothing to see here, move along" thing. Almost making me think that he believes a few small tweaks will do the trick.

But then again, I have to remind myself that he isn't going to rip everyone in an interview. As we've discussed before, he's a smart businessman, surely he can tell that his business isn't healthy right now and knows he has to address that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll