$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
G
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 4, 2022 at 11:41 a.m.
I mean I see what your doing there, but that Scheifle line would really be your first line.

Also what are the real chances that Scheifele is moved, they said on TSN he hasn't asked to be moved, and he has 10 team no-trade list, so would be curious to see who would be on that list.
Dekes liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 11:42 a.m.
Go Jets Go
There just really isn't anything there that I can see being of interest for WPG. Value-wise, I don't think it's close.
Windjammer liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 11:42 a.m.
Nah.
CBJ need RD help, not LD.
May 4, 2022 at 11:45 a.m.
PegJets
The Jets aren’t gonna trade him for the sake of trading him. They gonna trade him to fill needs that the team has. They need a defencemen or a centre to replace him. None of those assets are needed except a debris I would be a nice sweetener to a main piece in the deal.
May 4, 2022 at 11:46 a.m.
original jets fan
I think from Boston the main piece HAS to be Carlo for it to be attractive for the Jets.
May 4, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
DobsonIsUntouchable
Slow your roll buster, it’s Reilly for a 3rd. Non-negotiable
Dekes and dannibalcorpse liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.
cbj pass
May 4, 2022 at 12:32 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Come on, the Jets aren't waiting till 2024 for a 1st round pick in a Scheifele trade.
Rooney liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jets1pt0
I think from Boston the main piece HAS to be Carlo for it to be attractive for the Jets.

This isn’t a fit here, but the carlo take is delusional. Theres no top four D coming. It just doesn’t make any sense.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
Awful for Winnipeg. There isn't any realistic scenario where Winnipeg gives away Scheifele and doesn't get one piece of significant value or that fills a need.
Rooney liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
Go Jets Go
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
This isn’t a fit here, but the carlo take is delusional. Theres no top four D coming. It just doesn’t make any sense.

I agree 100% that there is not a fit between BOS/WPG in a Scheifele trade but saying that a trade involving Carlo & Scheifele is delusional is a bit much. Scheifele is a #1 PPG centre signed at an insanely good cap hit for 2 more years. I'll never understand why people think WPG will sell him for pennies on the dollar? A Carlo/Scheifele trade is most definitely not delusional, value-wise it's not bad but in absolutely NO way am I saying the Bruins would do it. They value Carlo very highly (as they should). But on the flip side, WPG won't be giving away Scheifele for a package like the one proposed here.
Windjammer liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: Rooney
I agree 100% that there is not a fit between BOS/WPG in a Scheifele trade but saying that a trade involving Carlo & Scheifele is delusional is a bit much. Scheifele is a #1 PPG centre signed at an insanely good cap hit for 2 more years. I'll never understand why people think WPG will sell him for pennies on the dollar? A Carlo/Scheifele trade is most definitely not delusional, value-wise it's not bad but in absolutely NO way am I saying the Bruins would do it. They value Carlo very highly (as they should). But on the flip side, WPG won't be giving away Scheifele for a package like the one proposed here.

There seem to be quite a few Bruins fans that refuse to be realistic with their offers.
Rooney liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
Quoting: YourWinnipegJets
The Jets aren’t gonna trade him for the sake of trading him. They gonna trade him to fill needs that the team has. They need a defencemen or a centre to replace him. None of those assets are needed except a debris I would be a nice sweetener to a main piece in the deal.

That is why Scheifele will probably not be moved. When your trade targets are that specific, you can't really do much. Also Scheifele is going to be moved to a contender and a contender isn't going to give you your 2C and RHD. Scheifele can rather be traded for picks and prospects only. Unfortunately. I was thinking about something like Necas and Bear but CAR isn't moving Necas I'm almost certain
May 4, 2022 at 2:44 p.m.
Banned

And that’s why its delusional. Its not a value thing - its a fit thing.

What teams are looking into trading for Scheifele? Contenders.
Any contenders willing to give up a top four d? Nope.

Hockey trades aren’t really a thing anymore. Its futures for players near the end of their contract. Its extremely predictable. Contending teams don’t fill a hole by creating another. They fill a hole by mortgaging the future. Thinking Scheifele will be the guy to buck that trend is crazy talk.

Two things you can pretty much bank on: there aren’t going to be any young top of the lineup players moved for Scheifele (especially ones with term), and a team will not trade their first combined with their top prospect. Those are two things that just don’t really happen.
Dekes and Rooney liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:46 p.m.
Go Jets Go

Hockey trades aren’t really a thing anymore. Its futures for players near the end of their contract. Its extremely predictable. Contending teams don’t fill a hole by creating another. They fill a hole by mortgaging the future. Thinking Scheifele will be the guy to buck that trend is crazy talk.

Two things you can pretty much bank on: there aren’t going to be any young top of the lineup players moved for Scheifele (especially ones with term), and a team will not trade their first combined with their top prospect. Those are two things that just don’t really happen.

Honestly I completely agree with you, it is 100% a fit thing. That's why I think that at least for this year Scheifele stays put because I don't think Winnipeg will find what they're looking for in the trade market.
CMcAvoy73 liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
Banned
Honestly I completely agree with you, it is 100% a fit thing. That's why I think that at least for this year Scheifele stays put because I don't think Winnipeg will find what they're looking for in the trade market.

They’re not going to find it ever unless what they’re looking for is futures. Teams looking to add a 29 year old aren’t looking to subtract from their roster in a major way. Their might be the 2nd year player that hasn’t fully come into his own yet. There will be firsts. There will be prospects. There’s never going to be a top four D.
May 7, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
original jets fan

Look at the Eichel trade.

Tuch (25 year old guy - 20 goal scorer) + Krebs ( a top Vegas prospect), a 1st and a 2nd.

Scheifele is a lot better offensively than Eichel and signed to a bargain contract. Something along those lines is not an unrealistic ask/expectation in a trade.

I agree Boston is not a great fit. They are not really in a position to trade any top prospects with a below average prospect pool and an aging roster. The only really interesting piece (IMO) in a Scheifele trade is Carlos. If Boston can't give him up then I dont see there being much to discuss.
May 7, 2022 at 12:27 p.m.
Banned

Tuch (25 year old guy - 20 goal scorer) + Krebs ( a top Vegas prospect), a 1st and a 2nd.

Scheifele is a lot better offensively than Eichel and signed to a bargain contract. Something along those lines is not an unrealistic ask/expectation in a trade.

I agree Boston is not a great fit. They are not really in a position to trade any top prospects with a below average prospect pool and an aging roster. The only really interesting piece (IMO) in a Scheifele trade is Carlos. If Boston can't give him up then I dont see there being much to discuss.

Oh yes, please, lets look at the eichel trade, and while we’re at it, lets look at Eichel compared to Scheifele, and why its ludicrous to even bring up that trade.
Eichel: 25, 5 years of term, WAY better than Scheifele. Still for sure in his prime for a long time.
Scheifele: 29, 2 years of term, not nearly as good as eichel. Likely either a year or two in his prime years left, or they’re already over.

The point…as it has been all along, is that the market for Scheifele is exclusively with teams that consider themselves contenders. That was not true of eichel. Contenders don’t move out top four guys. The jets will never get an established top four d man for Scheifele. It won’t even be discussed.
May 7, 2022 at 12:46 p.m.
original jets fan
Oh yes, please, lets look at the eichel trade, and while we’re at it, lets look at Eichel compared to Scheifele, and why its ludicrous to even bring up that trade.
Eichel: 25, 5 years of term, WAY better than Scheifele. Still for sure in his prime for a long time.
Scheifele: 29, 2 years of term, not nearly as good as eichel. Likely either a year or two in his prime years left, or they’re already over.

The point…as it has been all along, is that the market for Scheifele is exclusively with teams that consider themselves contenders. That was not true of eichel. Contenders don’t move out top four guys. The jets will never get an established top four d man for Scheifele. It won’t even be discussed.

Disagree that Eichel is way better. Salary also has to be considered. As it is in EVERY trade now. Part of the attraction for trading for Scheifele is getting a top line player ( 6 consecutive PPG #1 C) at a bargain contract that almost any team can fit on their CAP.

Sayin they wont even get a top 4 D is silly.

And I disagree that only contenders will be interested. I think some good, young teams with strong prospect pools (think LA, Anaheim) will consider adding a PPG player to their top 6 to push them forward. And teams looking to change things up (think Islanders, Philadelphia) will enquire as well.

NHL pundits have already speculated that there will be tons of interest and the return will be high. So again, not even a 2nd pairing D offer is silly.
May 7, 2022 at 1:31 p.m.
Banned
Disagree that Eichel is way better. Salary also has to be considered. As it is in EVERY trade now. Part of the attraction for trading for Scheifele is getting a top line player ( 6 consecutive PPG #1 C) at a bargain contract that almost any team can fit on their CAP.

Sayin they wont even get a top 4 D is silly.

And I disagree that only contenders will be interested. I think some good, young teams with strong prospect pools (think LA, Anaheim) will consider adding a PPG player to their top 6 to push them forward. And teams looking to change things up (think Islanders, Philadelphia) will enquire as well.

NHL pundits have already speculated that there will be tons of interest and the return will be high. So again, not even a 2nd pairing D offer is silly.

Find one instance of a similar guy Getting a top four.
May 7, 2022 at 2:04 p.m.
Dekesaladekes

scheifele i think is marginally better if that even eichel put up similiar numbers in buffalo with olofsson and reinahrt as his wingers scheifele has had either connor/ehlers or wheeler way different quality of teammates. another thing is eichel is 5 years younger and another thing is eichel is way way way better defensively

scheifele anayltics
EV offence: 94% PP:81% PK: NA Finishing: 91% G/p60: 67% A1/p60: 95%
EV defence: 2% QOC: 99% QOT: 94%

eicehl analytics(post vegas trade)
EV offence: 88% PP: 94% PK: NA Finishing: 88% G/p60:39% A1/p60: 81%
EV defence: 94% QOC: 59% QOT: 86%

in reality looking at those numbers though scheifele leads offensively by a very small margin eichel dominates the defensive side
eichel has way better 2 way stats while again only being 24 and yet he still didn't even get a top 4 dman so why do you think scheifele will? no one is gonna ruin the integrity of their defence by moving a defensive dman for one of the worst defensive forwards. maybe the barkov/bergy built types can but that is because they can be relied on to help fill that whole
May 7, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.
original jets fan
Find one instance of a similar guy Getting a top four.

How many PPG #1 C's have even been traded in the last decade or so?
May 7, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
Dekesaladekes

offence isn't everything i think you don't understand that. scheifele still can't play defence how many teams have won their cup were their best center wasn't good defensively

it is more like how many 1C's have been traded in the last decade and well here you go
-Jack Eichel
-Ryan O'Reilly
-Claude Giroux
-Ryan Johansen (was 1C like back in columbus/ early nashville career)
-tyler seguin
-jeff carter( when traded to LA)
could be a few more but those were the ones that came from the top of my head

only eichel and johansen got a haul that you say scheifele is worth but unfortunately for you both of them were 23-24 when they got those big hauls, scheifele is turning 30 their is a biggest difference there. 2 of those guys had a future not a soon to be past
May 7, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
Dekesaladekes

here's a little side note for you
off the last 11 teams to win the cup
there is a total of 7 selke winners that played 1C or was a very strong 2C

Boston (bergeron)
Kings (Kopitar)
Chicago (Toews)
Detroit( Datsyuk and Zetterberg)
Carolina (Rod Brind'Amour)
St Louis (Ryan O'Reilly)

of the other 4 teams their top C's were
Tampa (Point) could arguably compete for a selke one day is very strong defensively probably top 30 in the league but they have Cirelli who literally is a top 7 defensive forward in the league
Anaheim( Getzlaf) not selke level but still strong defensively/ also had 3 teammates who were received selke votes 2 of them being in the top 15
Pitsburgh(crosby) Crosby would have a selke trophy if it wasn't for playing in the same era as kopi, toews, bergy. Crosby is arguably the best 2 way player of all time
Capitals (Backstrom) again another very strong defensive forward who has received selke votes

i could go back further and look if you want but i think i have proven that stanley cup Leading Centers know how to play defence and that is one thing scheifele has no skill in he has finished in the bottom 10 worst defensive forwards for 4 consecutive seasons along with 2 of his teammates Kyle connor and blake wheeler
May 7, 2022 at 8:18 p.m.
original jets fan
Are you suggesting Scheifele is NOT a top line centre? 31 teams have a better C than Scheifele?

Besides, I did say top OFFENSIVE C. Not making any pretenses that he is a Selke threat or the #1 C on a legit contender. He was much better just a few seasons ago. Lots of rumour and innuendo what happened. Regardless, I maintain he is a bonafide top line player, PPG guy for 6 straight seasons. I do believe a change of scenery is needed and he will bounce back (somewhat). And I maintain several teams will be anxious to see if they can add them to their team.

I can admit my ask is bigger than what he will likely return. Can you admit he is worth more than a #4 D?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll