SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Fleury haters where you at?

Apr. 28, 2017 at 6:54 p.m.
Is fleury an elite goaltender? Absolutely not. But to call him an "overpaid backup" is just nonsense. Fleury is a good starting goalie and a team like vegas or Calgary would snatch him in a second.
Apr. 28, 2017 at 7:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm not a Fleury-Hater. I think he's a good goalie. I think if they trade him it takes more than a 4th rounder to get him.
Apr. 28, 2017 at 7:31 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm not a Fleury-Hater. I think he's a good goalie. I think if they trade him it takes more than a 4th rounder to get him.

I agree. But a lot of people on this site used to bash him. I see they're very quite now
Apr. 28, 2017 at 7:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mhockey91
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I agree. But a lot of people on this site used to bash him. I see they're very quite now

ok
Apr. 28, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.
You're basing this off of 6 playoff games? This is the exact issue with Fleury lovers they get all heated when he plays in short spurts. Fleury is mediocre at best but he can go into stretches where he's great. Right now he's in one of those stretches. But if you ever want to be reminded of his mediocrity, just look at his career stats.

In the last 9 years (as far back as I can check) among starting goaltenders (at least 100 game played) he is 25th in sv%!!! And he's 29th in sv% when it comes to 5v5. So yes, he's basically a backup.

Even with his great stretch his playoff sv% is .908
Apr. 28, 2017 at 10:08 p.m.
Adomaitis
Quoting: ClockReads2113
You're basing this off of 6 playoff games? This is the exact issue with Fleury lovers they get all heated when he plays in short spurts. Fleury is mediocre at best but he can go into stretches where he's great. Right now he's in one of those stretches. But if you ever want to be reminded of his mediocrity, just look at his career stats.

In the last 9 years (as far back as I can check) among starting goaltenders (at least 100 game played) he is 25th in sv%!!! And he's 29th in sv% when it comes to 5v5. So yes, he's basically a backup.

Even with his great stretch his playoff sv% is .908

Ya Fleury is an average goalie hot at the right time. Vegas would rather take a shot at Grubauer or someone like that

Carolina likely thought the same....there goes another trade option

Buyout may still be coming

I don't think he's a "backup" considering you are rating him with goalies who arnt even players anymore but he is basically the definition of average
Apr. 28, 2017 at 10:58 p.m.
I'm here. I just have a life.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll