SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Final Rankings

May 5, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
Quoting: crankshaft
Don't see SJ passing on Lekkerimaki.

I could see SJ going for Lekkerimaki, but this wasn't intended to be a mock draft, rather my Top 100 Ranking. I plan on doing a mock draft sometime next week.
May 5, 2022 at 12:53 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
Beauty! Love these!

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if Jiricek falls to 10 OA so the Ducks can snag him. It's pretty much a dream scenario. That being said, it would blow my mind if he made it past the Jackets or Sabres.

Firm believer in taking the best available player over team needs in the first round, especially given that most of these guys are 1-2-3 years away from hitting the lineup and so much can change, but he's pretty much a perfect fit for both of those two clubs if they miss out on Nemec. Fingers crossed that the Ducks win a lotto spot and move wayyyy up (Quite unlikely). I'm pretty much settled on the fact that Lekkerimaki is likely the guy that goes at 10 OA.

I'm not 100% sure why, but I feel like McGroarty and Howard are guys that fall below 15 OA.

Something tells me that you're spot on in that Miroshnichenko falls to around 40-50 OA, but I'd be willing to bet that when he shows up in the NHL at 22 or 23 years old, he's the next big Russian beauty. I think Gaucher will be a steal as well. He's played a bit of a different role this year with Bolduc and Rochette putting up a lot of the offence, but to me, he looks like he could be a very responsible 3C with the potential to be a 2C if he can improve his foot speed (Dylan Strome-type upside?)

Casey/Korchinsky could both be steals as well. I haven't really settled on where I'd put Sam Rinzel, but he's got great size, and could be an impact player in 4 or 5 years (long time to wait for a 2nd rounder, I know!).

Wild to see Cruz Lucius keep dropping on everyone's board. He looked like a potential late 1st rounder last year, and just disappeared. Not a bad showing with the USNTDP over 10 games, but he really seemed to turn into a wildcard.

I have a feeling that once we hit pick #13 or so, this draft is going to go nuts. Pretty similar impact/ceiling guys from 15-50ish OA. Should be some major falls/jumps, which will keep this draft exciting.
Hot take: The American team coming out of this draft could be the deepest team at the WJC when these guys are in their age 19 seasons.

Yeah a lot of teams need defenders this year. Nemec and Jiricek both have a shot at being top 5 picks. I dunno about outside top 15 with McGroarty and Howard. Maybe one but I doubt both. Then again, it is a very good draft both at the top of the class and depth-wise, so it could happen.

The problem with Miroshnichenko is his lack of effort away from when he has the puck and overall consistency. These are major red flags for me when evaluating prospects. Then again, I had the same red flags with Kaliyev on the Kings, and he's worked out well. His skill is top round worthy, but he should fall (like Kaliyev) due to those issues. A team will bet on themselves and try to break those bad habits. If it works out, Miro should be a star at the NHL level.

Gaucher's size makes me think that he'll be taken quite high, but the fact that he's barely improved in the last 2 years makes me question his upside. His size alone should allow him to dominate in the QMJHL, but he hasn't. Makes me wonder... High floor, but maybe low ceiling? And in this good of a draft class, I'd rather take other options, especially in the first round.

I like a lot of those second-round type of defensemen (Casey, Korchinski, Rinzel, Kyrou, etc.) as potential steals. It appears to be such a deep class, steals could be common in rounds 2-4.

Team USA has at least 1 WJC gold medal in their near future.
Lenny7, drambui and A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 5, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Pretty good rankings, of course, I won't agree on everything but apart from Dumais being a bit high and Korchinski, Casey, Mesar, Lindgren being a bit low, not really any complaints

Dumais definitely won't go as high as I have him (neither will Robertson) but his end of season (last 10-12 games or so) was more dominant than ANY other player in the class. He made great plays look easy, even at his size, and made them consistently. I look forward to seeing him at the NHL level.
May 5, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
I know this is a rankings but the way it played out, it’s my ideal 1st round for Anaheim! Jiricek at 10 and Trikozov at 23 would be huge!

As always, fantastic job yet again my man!

My Bruins wouldn't do too bad either lol. Rinzel and McConnell-Barker
May 5, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Nice job dude! Your rankings are somewhat similar to mine. I think we are on the same page with Howard, Nazar, Dumais, and McGroarty. I have all of them at a similar spot on my rankings.

Though the one bold move is that I have Korchinski in my top 20. Will you be posting a mock draft as well?

I just posted my draft rankings with no explanations, will be creating a post with explanations soon. https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/213885

I'll probably try to post a mock draft with explanations next week (looking to do 2 or 3 rounds, haven't decided yet.
GeneralLandro liked this.
May 5, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
John Leonard Viewer
I'll just put my disagreements, because there's obviously a large majority of stuff we agree on:

Mesar is reallllly low

Kemell and Lekkerimaki ***** me

I still think Lambert is top 5, god JYP and Pelicans suck

That's pretty high for Dumais

I'm a lot higher than you on EU dmen: Salomonsson Havelid and Grudinin
May 6, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Not a big fan of korchinski are we
May 6, 2022 at 11:26 a.m.
Very nice!

Interesting choices with Dumais and Robertson. There are always surprises and it's fun to see differing mocks/opinions.

If Jiricek falls to 10, I will be very surprised. Love the Mateychuk appreciation as well!
May 7, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.
power forward
One thing I forgot to ask in my last comment, you have Ostlund lower than most people on this site. Why is that?
May 9, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Nice job dude! Your rankings are somewhat similar to mine. I think we are on the same page with Howard, Nazar, Dumais, and McGroarty. I have all of them at a similar spot on my rankings.

Though the one bold move is that I have Korchinski in my top 20. Will you be posting a mock draft as well?

I just posted my draft rankings with no explanations, will be creating a post with explanations soon. https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/213885

I know this is a rankings but the way it played out, it’s my ideal 1st round for Anaheim! Jiricek at 10 and Trikozov at 23 would be huge!

Just posted my actual mock if you're interested
May 9, 2022 at 1:31 p.m.
One thing I forgot to ask in my last comment, you have Ostlund lower than most people on this site. Why is that?

Nothing in particular. I have nothing really against Ostlund, he's a good prospect. I just like the guys I have ahead of him better for various reasons.
May 11, 2022 at 4:21 a.m.
deto
Good job. I think Kulich and Mesar are still pretty low. They both deserve the end of the first round. I agree with the top 10, although I would probably exchange Slafkovsky and Nemec and Savoie will probably go lower.

Will you do the ranking then also for 2023?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll