Forums/Armchair-GM

Rumor Roster

Created by: NJDevils1995
Team: 2022-23 New Jersey Devils
Initial Creation Date: May 8, 2022
Published: May 8, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Devils trade for Fiala. They move on from Zacha and Johnsson. They pick up Husso via FA. Feel free to comment. All of these are from rumor mill. Not sure on Fialas contract amount. Bernier I think retires after his hip surgery. Blackwood is 50/50 to be on the opening night roster.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$7,250,000
2$1,000,000
2$3,000,000
1$2,250,000
1$915,000
2$1,000,000
7$7,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,000,000
Trades
NJD
  1. Fiala, Kevin [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Rumor mill has NJ trading for Fiala…It’ll be a sign and trade to NJ
MIN
  1. 2022 1st round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
NJD
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (PHI)
ARI
  1. Johnsson, Andreas
  2. 2022 4th round pick (NJD)
Buyouts
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,460,000$0$1,650,000$5,040,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
UFA - 8
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,166,667$3,166,667
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,825,000$1,825,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
G
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 8, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
IMO that's a fair trade for Fiala. That's a lot for the really unproven Husso.
TanSor and NJDevils1995 liked this.
May 8, 2022 at 10:54 a.m.
My money is on NJ or Ottawa acquiring him, if he's moved (which I think is a major mistake). I'd like to see a good-not-great prospect attached with a first for him (like Gritsyuk or something), but that pick is definitely a good piece. As for contract, I imagine it'll be in the $7.5-8M AAV range so I think you have him signed to a touch low here.
NJDevils1995 liked this.
May 8, 2022 at 11:32 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
If the Devils are really wanting to contend, I don’t really see Husso as the answer. Might as well go big and see if you can land Kuemper for the money you are paying Husso plus some more to entice him out of Colorado.
May 8, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
Quoting: TanSor
My money is on NJ or Ottawa acquiring him, if he's moved (which I think is a major mistake). I'd like to see a good-not-great prospect attached with a first for him (like Gritsyuk or something), but that pick is definitely a good piece. As for contract, I imagine it'll be in the $7.5-8M AAV range so I think you have him signed to a touch low here.

It would be pretty bad asset management for the Devils to do this if the pick is top 5. The last top 5 pick was traded for a player 20 years ago...

I think Fiala is likely /worth/ top 5 in a vacuum. I don't see how it's worth it to the Devils though even before adding other stuff on top.
May 8, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Quoting: HeadHighSauce
It would be pretty bad asset management for the Devils to do this if the pick is top 5. The last top 5 pick was traded for a player 20 years ago...

I think Fiala is likely /worth/ top 5 in a vacuum. I don't see how it's worth it to the Devils though even before adding other stuff on top.

It would be pretty bad management even if it's pick 6. Devils give up a young really good prospect like Jiricek or Savoie with a cheap contract for a guy they gotta sign for 7.5M+. You should only give up top 10 picks for gamebreaking players. Not complimentary pieces. The trade would age terribly for the Devils.
May 8, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.
Dougie HIMilton
Quoting: DongLord23
It would be pretty bad management even if it's pick 6. Devils give up a young really good prospect like Jiricek or Savoie with a cheap contract for a guy they gotta sign for 7.5M+. You should only give up top 10 picks for gamebreaking players. Not complimentary pieces. The trade would age terribly for the Devils.

Idk about "terribly" - Fiala is legitimately fantastic and not at all "complimentary". But I do see the downside.
NJDevils1995 liked this.
May 8, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: HeadHighSauce
Idk about "terribly" - Fiala is legitimately fantastic and not at all "complimentary". But I do see the downside.

He isn't good defensively and never plays at the top of a lineup. That's complimentary. Guy doesn't show up in the playoffs either.

I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for Nylander.
May 8, 2022 at 12:58 p.m.
Edited May 8, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
He isn't good defensively and never plays at the top of a lineup. That's complimentary. Guy doesn't show up in the playoffs either.

I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for Nylander.

Annnnnd, wrong again.

Why would he play on the top line in Minnesota? We have Kaprizov already who has great chemistry with Zuccarello and we aren't splitting up that pairing and we're also not putting the two best players on the team on the same line. You're asking to get shut down if you do. Fiala plays lower in the lineup to spread out scoring, genius.

That doesn't mean he's not a top-line caliber gamebreaking talent. Because he absolutely is. And furthermore, the guy has turned into a solid two-way player over the last two years. He has spent that time growing his defensive game to the point he's now routinely utilized on the PK.

Does he still cough up the puck on occasion or make a idiotic decision which he gets burned on. Of course, because he's human. Even the best players make boneheaded plays or decisions at times too.

As for the playoffs, he was the only one who showed up in 2020. He was arguably our best player in 2021, and St. Louis is expending more effort on shutting him down then Kaprizov so far in the current series. Which should tell you something.

But do go on, continue to tell us you don't watch Fiala without telling us you don't watch Fiala.
May 8, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild
Annnnnd, wrong again.

Why would he play on the top line in Minnesota? We have Kaprizov already who has great chemistry with Zuccarello and we aren't splitting up that pairing and we're also not putting the two best players on the team on the same line. You're asking to get shut down if you do. Fiala plays lower in the lineup to spread out scoring, genius.

That doesn't mean he's not a top-line caliber gamebreaking talent. Because he absolutely is. And furthermore, the guy has turned into a solid two-way player over the last two years. He has spent that time growing his defensive game to the point he's now routinely utilized on the PK.

Does he still cough up the puck on occasion or make a idiotic decision which he gets burned on. Of course, because he's human. Even the best players make boneheaded plays or decisions at times too.

As for the playoffs, he was the only one who showed up in 2020. He was arguably our best player in 2021, and St.Louis is expending more effort on shutting him down then Kaprizov so far in the current series. Which should tell you something.

But do go on, continue to tell us you don't watch Fiala without telling us you don't watch Fiala.

Annnnnd, wrong again.

As for the playoffs, he was the only one who showed up in 2020. He was arguably our best player in 2021, and St.Louis is expending more effort on shutting him down then Kaprizov so far in the current series. Which should tell you something.

He's never played top line anywhere. He's a complimentary player. Guy doesn't play against tough lines.

He's not a gamebreaking talent. He's not even a top 20 winger lmao. He's a good winger who you'd put on your 2nd line with glaring holes in his game. That's not worth a top 5 pick. Kaprizov is a gamebreaking talent not him. Fiala is like Nylander, but you're acting like he's Kaprizov.

Defensive game has nothing do with the PK. Shows how much you know about hockey. Kyle Connor plays on the PK too and he's one of the worst defensive guys in the league. Just stop.

He doesn't show up for the playoffs. Regular season Fiala & playoffs Fiala are two totally different players. The guy is a ghost against tough hockey. He's always been like this.

But do go on, tell me you're a homer who wildly overrates his players.
May 8, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
He's never played top line anywhere. He's a complimentary player. Guy doesn't play against tough lines.

He's not a gamebreaking talent. He's not even a top 20 winger lmao. He's a good winger who you'd put on your 2nd line with glaring holes in his game. That's not worth a top 5 pick. Kaprizov is a gamebreaking talent not him. Fiala is like Nylander, but you're acting like he's Kaprizov.

Defensive game has nothing do with the PK. Shows how much you know about hockey. Kyle Connor plays on the PK too and he's one of the worst defensive guys in the league. Just stop.

He doesn't show up for the playoffs. Regular season Fiala & playoffs Fiala are two totally different players. The guy is a ghost against tough hockey. He's always been like this.

But do go on, tell me you're a homer who wildly overrates his players.

There's obviously no point in arguing with someone this clueless. But here you go, best wingers by points this season. He ranked #11 in the league for points.

1) Johnny Gaudreau
2) Jonathan Huberdeau
3) Kirill Kaprizov
4) Matthew Tkachuk
5) Mitch Marner
6) Artemi Panarin
7) Kyle Connor
8) Patrick Kane
9) Mikko Rantanen
10) Alex Ovechkin
11) Kevin Fiala
12) Filip Forsberg
13) Jake Guentzel
14) Vladimir Tarasenko
15) Brad Marchand
16) William Nylander
17) Mats Zuccarello
18) Jason Robertson
19) Alex Debrincat
20) Chris Kreider

If you want to include centers and make the list for all forwards. Fiala still ranks #20 by total points on the year. Say what you want about him, but 1.04 PPG and 85 points on the year is top-line production. End of discussion.
May 8, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
There's obviously no point in arguing with someone this clueless. But here you go, best wingers by points this season. He ranked #11 in the league for points.

1) Johnny Gaudreau
2) Jonathan Huberdeau
3) Kirill Kaprizov
4) Matthew Tkachuk
5) Mitch Marner
6) Artemi Panarin
7) Kyle Connor
8) Patrick Kane
9) Mikko Rantanen
10) Alex Ovechkin
11) Kevin Fiala
12) Filip Forsberg
13) Jake Guentzel
14) Vladimir Tarasenko
15) Brad Marchand
16) William Nylander
17) Mats Zuccarello
18) Jason Robertson
19) Alex Debrincat
20) Chris Kreider

If you want to include centers and make the list for all forwards. Fiala still ranks #20 by total points on the year. Say what you want about him, but 1.04 PPG and 85 points on the year is top-line production. End of discussion.

Amazing. You can't even make a list right. Don't even have Pastrnak on there lmao. Jesus. He's not top 20. All these guys are ahead of him

Huberdeau, Rantanen, Marner, Kucherov, Kaprizov, Ovehckin, Gaudreau, Panarin, Tkahuk, Kane, Connor, Marchand, Stone, Guentzel, DeBrincat, Robertson, Tarasenko, Forsberg, Svechnikov, Reinhart, Kreider,

That's 21 easy

Points ≠ Impact on a team. Nylander has got more points than guys like Stone, but he's not better than him. I'd take Stone over Nylander in a heartbeat. I'd take all 21 of these guys over Fiala in a heartbeat too.

Keep drinking that homer kool aid.
May 8, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
Edited May 8, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
Amazing. You can't even make a list right. Don't even have Pastrnak on there lmao. Jesus. He's not top 20. All these guys are ahead of him

Huberdeau, Rantanen, Marner, Kucherov, Kaprizov, Ovehckin, Gaudreau, Panarin, Tkahuk, Kane, Connor, Marchand, Stone, Guentzel, DeBrincat, Robertson, Tarasenko, Forsberg, Svechnikov, Reinhart, Kreider,

That's 21 easy

Points ≠ Impact on a team. Nylander has got more points than guys like Stone, but he's not better than him.

Keep drinking that homer kool aid.

Those were all wingers by points totals THIS YEAR. I made that list direct from the NHL site. Stats are stats, he had more points than Pasta. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Pasta would of been 21st on that list... lol.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20212022&seasonTo=20212022&gameType=2&position=F&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points&page=0&pageSize=50

Look for yourself, genius. It's organized by All Forward Positions. BY POINT TOTALS.
May 8, 2022 at 8:30 p.m.
Those were all wingers by points totals THIS YEAR. I made that list direct from the NHL site. Stats are stats, he had more points than Pasta. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Pasta would of been 21st on that list... lol.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20212022&seasonTo=20212022&gameType=2&position=F&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points&page=0&pageSize=50

Look for yourself, genius. It's organized by All Forward Positions. BY POINT TOTALS.

Stats are stats and you clearly don't know how to use them. Pasta had 77 points. Same as Kreider. Pasta had 9 less games so he's ahead of him. Use your brain man.

Another goose egg for the game breaking forward too LMAO. Guy that doesn't show up in the playoffs worth a top 5 pick. Hilarious. Maybe we can trade Bunting for 1st overall HAHA
May 8, 2022 at 9:09 p.m.
Stats are stats and you clearly don't know how to use them. Pasta had 77 points. Same as Kreider. Pasta had 9 less games so he's ahead of him. Use your brain man.

Another goose egg for the game breaking forward too LMAO. Guy that doesn't show up in the playoffs worth a top 5 pick. Hilarious. Maybe we can trade Bunting for 1st overall HAHA

Then blame the NHL for ranking them that way, not me. 🤷‍♂️

I go down the list, I copy the list, and write the names out here as posted by the NHL. From their own site. I know, it's such a novel concept. Who would of thunk it.

Ottawa's and New Jerseys GM are both on the record saying they're open to moving those top ten picks. Ottawa, specifically, is well known to want Fiala badly. And has been in contact with Guerin since early March. New Jersey was rumored to have wanted him earlier this year, and are once again rumored to be targeting him this off-season as well. More teams will undoubtedly want to acquire a young 25 year old 1.04 PPG 80+ point winger.

Demand alone and any potential bidding war increases Fiala's value, which puts Guerin in the driver seat as far as what it costs to acquire him. No matter of crying on your part will ever change that fact.

But I'm done talking to you one way or another. I've got no time for trolls.
May 9, 2022 at 8:52 a.m.
Evans truther
Plot twist, New Jersey will trade their first for Samsonov in some blockbuster deal.
May 11, 2022 at 12:43 a.m.
Then blame the NHL for ranking them that way, not me. 🤷‍♂️

I go down the list, I copy the list, and write the names out here as posted by the NHL. From their own site. I know, it's such a novel concept. Who would of thunk it.

Ottawa's and New Jerseys GM are both on the record saying they're open to moving those top ten picks. Ottawa, specifically, is well known to want Fiala badly. And has been in contact with Guerin since early March. New Jersey was rumored to have wanted him earlier this year, and are once again rumored to be targeting him this off-season as well. More teams will undoubtedly want to acquire a young 25 year old 1.04 PPG 80+ point winger.

Demand alone and any potential bidding war increases Fiala's value, which puts Guerin in the driver seat as far as what it costs to acquire him. No matter of crying on your part will ever change that fact.

But I'm done talking to you one way or another. I've got no time for trolls.

>Then blame the NHL for ranking them that way, not me. 🤷‍♂️

I know this sounds crazy, but maybe read what you post before you post it. It's not that hard.

>Ottawa's and New Jerseys GM are both on the record saying they're open to moving those top ten picks. Ottawa, specifically, is well known to want Fiala badly. And has been in contact with Guerin since early March. New Jersey was rumored to have wanted him earlier this year, and are once again rumored to be targeting him this off-season as well. More teams will undoubtedly want to acquire a young 25 year old 1.04 PPG 80+ point winger.

GMs always say that. Top 5 picks never get traded in the NHL. Teams can just offer sheet him for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd if they wanted to. What demand? A guy that disappears in the playoffs, wants a huge contract, and acts like a baby. Guerin is up against the wall. Wild won't keep him and teams know that. Not many teams will be in contention for him. Not many teams have the room to take on a 8M+ winger without sending cap back. GMs are also watching this series thinking twice about Fiala. Expect Reinhart return. Late 1st + ok prospect.

You got no time but write long paragraphs. Hilarious. Anyone that proves you wrong is a troll. How cute.

Keep dreaming

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll