$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
UFA - 8
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
Slafkovsky, Juraj
$950,000$950,000
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,166,667$3,166,667
LD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,125,000$4,125,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 13, 2022 at 8:35 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Canucks pass we need a RHD coming back the other way
audiodave liked this.
May 13, 2022 at 8:37 a.m.
Smith plays both
May 13, 2022 at 8:41 a.m.
Jackets pass. The last thing we need is a rental winger.
May 13, 2022 at 9:01 a.m.
Sens have ZERO need for Kuokkanen

They might have to buy out Colin White as there won't be a Center spot for him moving forward

It seemed they needed Center help last season just because Colin White, Shane Pinto and Josh Norris were all injured at the same time. They also didn't expect Tim Stutzle to be ready to transition to Center that young

Mark Kastelic was also still developing

The ONLY need the Sens have at forward is a clear TOP-6 Winger to play with Stutzle
May 13, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
In The Mix
Quoting: Xspyrit
Sens have ZERO need for Kuokkanen

They might have to buy out Colin White as there won't be a Center spot for him moving forward

It seemed they needed Center help last season just because Colin White, Shane Pinto and Josh Norris were all injured at the same time. They also didn't expect Tim Stutzle to be ready to transition to Center that young

Mark Kastelic was also still developing

The ONLY need the Sens have at forward is a clear TOP-6 Winger to play with Stutzle

Only is a strong word. Sens ranked 29 in GF and 21 in xGF. They may have a few more needs at forward than just a top 6 winger. Kuokannen can play wing if you're intent on not changing the center core.
May 13, 2022 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: Preston_Mattesich
Only is a strong word. Sens ranked 29 in GF and 21 in xGF. They may have a few more needs at forward than just a top 6 winger. Kuokannen can play wing if you're intent on not changing the center core.

Drake Batherson missed 36 games (he was THE offense catalyst before Stutzle started breaking out), Norris and Chabot missed a good chunk as well. Several other key injuries. Team was hit hard by covid when the NHL wasn't canceling games. Defense was pretty bad for a good chunk of the season which doesn't help offense (transition). Stutzle also took some time to get going, basically after November 24th when he moved to Center. Not to mention, all the important guys were 19 y/o to 23 y/o + the OLD Thomas Chabot who turned 25 y/o in january

Tkachuk - Norris - ???????
??????? - Stutzle - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Joseph - Kastelic - White
Crookshank - Kelly - Watson

Connor Brown paced for 50 pts (for the 3rd year in a row), 87% of his production in Ottawa came from ES+PK as he is mostly deployed defensively
Mathieu Joseph was buried in Tampa's depth, had 12 pts in 11 games with Ottawa, great instant chemistry with Tkachuk/Norris
Formenton scored 18 goals at ES/PK in his rookie season
Pinto is a blue chip prospect
White has paced between 0.38 and 0.58 in his 4 NHL seasons, strong possession player, good defensively
Kastelic is a prototypical 4th line center, strong defensively, strong physically, great on face-offs, can fight, can chip in offensively.

I have all these guys in the bottom-6. Even the 5th line is a NHL line.

There's also Ridly Greig who might be hard to keep off the lineup. And then Egor Sokolov, Viktor Lodin, Roby Jarventie, etc looking to make the roster but won't have any spot.

So where do Kuokannen play?
May 13, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
Canucks pass imo. That doesn’t make the Canucks better in any way. Canucks don’t need Smith, we already have Hughes and Rathbone who are the same type of players. Need someone to play with Hughes long term
May 16, 2022 at 10:03 a.m.
In The Mix
Drake Batherson missed 36 games (he was THE offense catalyst before Stutzle started breaking out), Norris and Chabot missed a good chunk as well. Several other key injuries. Team was hit hard by covid when the NHL wasn't canceling games. Defense was pretty bad for a good chunk of the season which doesn't help offense (transition). Stutzle also took some time to get going, basically after November 24th when he moved to Center. Not to mention, all the important guys were 19 y/o to 23 y/o + the OLD Thomas Chabot who turned 25 y/o in january

Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Joseph - Kastelic - White
Crookshank - Kelly - Watson

Connor Brown paced for 50 pts (for the 3rd year in a row), 87% of his production in Ottawa came from ES+PK as he is mostly deployed defensively
Mathieu Joseph was buried in Tampa's depth, had 12 pts in 11 games with Ottawa, great instant chemistry with Tkachuk/Norris
Formenton scored 18 goals at ES/PK in his rookie season
Pinto is a blue chip prospect
White has paced between 0.38 and 0.58 in his 4 NHL seasons, strong possession player, good defensively
Kastelic is a prototypical 4th line center, strong defensively, strong physically, great on face-offs, can fight, can chip in offensively.

I have all these guys in the bottom-6. Even the 5th line is a NHL line.

There's also Ridly Greig who might be hard to keep off the lineup. And then Egor Sokolov, Viktor Lodin, Roby Jarventie, etc looking to make the roster but won't have any spot.

So where do Kuokannen play?

odds are joseph's production is not sustainable. on top of that you're assuming the absolute best in terms of potential for every player down the lineup. odds are some guys don't live up to expectation. more depth can't hurt. kuok may not get a third by himself and i was never super invested into either side of this argument, but having ridiculous expectations for every player to meet their absolute best potential is a trait of a toxic fanbase that is setting up for disappointment.
May 17, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
odds are joseph's production is not sustainable.

Well, of course over Joseph's production is not sustainable, nobody is expecting him to be an over PPG forward. If you didn't notice, he was placed on the 4th line in my roster. Maybe let that sink in a little?

on top of that you're assuming the absolute best in terms of potential for every player down the lineup. odds are some guys don't live up to expectation. more depth can't hurt. kuok may not get a third by himself and i was never super invested into either side of this argument, but having ridiculous expectations for every player to meet their absolute best potential is a trait of a toxic fanbase that is setting up for disappointment.

Ok this part is kinda "perplexing" to put it lightly! I haven't made a SINGLE projection, so not sure what you're going on with here tears of joy

This is literally what they did this season :

- Brown paced for 50+ points the last 3 seasons in REALITY, he's on my 3rd line
- Formenton scored 18 goals for REAL and lol this is not his "absolute best potential"
- White has paced between 0.38 and 0.58 in his 4 NHL seasons, that's also something that ALREADY happened.
- Joseph DID have 12 pts in 11 games with Ottawa...

The only thing I have said to that effect might be :

"There's also Ridly Greig who might be hard to keep off the lineup"

Even then, I used the word "MIGHT"... lol

So was it just really poor reading comprehension? I can't see anything else frankly

... is a trait of a toxic fanbase that is setting up for disappointment.

lol I'll leave it at a simple "facepalm". The only thing toxic here is people not even capable of reading simple sentences
May 18, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
In The Mix
Well, of course over Joseph's production is not sustainable, nobody is expecting him to be an over PPG forward. If you didn't notice, he was placed on the 4th line in my roster. Maybe let that sink in a little?

Ok this part is kinda "perplexing" to put it lightly! I haven't made a SINGLE projection, so not sure what you're going on with here tears of joy

This is literally what they did this season :

- Brown paced for 50+ points the last 3 seasons in REALITY, he's on my 3rd line
- Formenton scored 18 goals for REAL and lol this is not his "absolute best potential"
- White has paced between 0.38 and 0.58 in his 4 NHL seasons, that's also something that ALREADY happened.
- Joseph DID have 12 pts in 11 games with Ottawa...

The only thing I have said to that effect might be :

"There's also Ridly Greig who might be hard to keep off the lineup"

Even then, I used the word "MIGHT"... lol

So was it just really poor reading comprehension? I can't see anything else frankly

lol I'll leave it at a simple "facepalm". The only thing toxic here is people not even capable of reading simple sentences

listen man, im a devils fan. we are both pretty poverty franchises as of late. ik the spot you're in rn but if you want to have an actual discussion regarding anything hockey related, its important to not let bias seep into reality. joseph, as you admitted, is not even close to a ppg player in 82 games. 18 goals for formenton isn't bad, but its not like its impressive for a bottom six player. same goes for white. brown's production is good for a bottom six player, but youre totally ignoring the two missing wing spots in the top 6. going back to what this is originally about, in this potential trade, it makes sense to move brown into the top 6 and put kuok in the bottom six.
May 18, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.
listen man, im a devils fan. we are both pretty poverty franchises as of late. ik the spot you're in rn but if you want to have an actual discussion regarding anything hockey related, its important to not let bias seep into reality. joseph, as you admitted, is not even close to a ppg player in 82 games. 18 goals for formenton isn't bad, but its not like its impressive for a bottom six player. same goes for white.

Listen "man", I am accomplished man, I have a wife, kids, had several houses, businesses, etc. I have been to many funerals including my own mother and my best friend, I don't give a CRAP about how my team is doing, it has absolutely no bearing on my rationality.

There was ABSOLUTELY no bias or anything lol. I have simply listed some facts from this past season. I have barely commented on it

It is not in my control if it just went way over your head. Look at the ridiculous things you said :

"assuming the absolute best in terms of potential for every player", "odds are some guys don't live up to expectation", "but having ridiculous expectations for every player to meet their absolute best potential is a trait of a toxic fanbase that is setting up for disappointment."

You should acknowledge that you were totally "off topic" instead of doubling down on this. Or just admit that you didn't read, I don't know.

brown's production is good for a bottom six player.

Well it's extremely good production for a bottom-6 player considering only 127 forwards in the whole league have paced for more than him (0.61 PPG) since 2019-20 (3 seasons). This is among guys who played at least 100 games. A total of 495 forwards have played at least 100 games. Does it sound like like bottom-6 numbers to you in a 32 teams league? (32 x 6 top-6 forwards = 192)

brown's production is good for a bottom six player, but youre totally ignoring the two missing wing spots in the top 6. going back to what this is originally about, in this potential trade, it makes sense to move brown into the top 6 and put kuok in the bottom six.

Where am I ignoring that lol? I am the ONE who put the question marks in the post #6

Formenton, Brown and/or Joseph and White could be all called to play Top-6 but I'm hoping they actually acquire players like Giroux and Fiala instead

So "going back to what this is originally about", Sens have ZERO NEED for Kuokkanen

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll