SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

Best AHL Player?

Who is the best AHL player?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 30, 2017 at 9:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Who do you think the best AHL player is right now? I think it's Anton Lander.
May 1, 2017 at 11:19 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
In terms of P/GP, yeah, Lander was the best. He, Kenny Agostino, and Taylor Beck all led the league at various points as top dog in terms of scoring.

However, the AHL is (hypothetically) a developmental league, first and foremost, so I think it's worthwhile to consider the top 23-and-under players as well, as the top players in that category have a good shot at making it to the NHL. I think Travis Boyd has been the best in that regard. His past 2 seasons in the AHL:
- 21 G, 53 P in 76 GP
- 16 G, 63 P in 76 GP
(I should note that, while Jake Guentzel only spent a little under half a season in the AHL, he had 21 G and 42 P in 33 GP; his 1.27 P/GP leads AHL rookies that played at least that many games and is 3rd among AHL players that
played at least that many games, behind Lander and Agostino.)
Also of note: Danny O'Regan had the best rookie year among AHL skaters, with 23 G and 58 P in 63 GP.
May 2, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
In terms of P/GP, yeah, Lander was the best. He, Kenny Agostino, and Taylor Beck all led the league at various points as top dog in terms of scoring.

However, the AHL is (hypothetically) a developmental league, first and foremost, so I think it's worthwhile to consider the top 23-and-under players as well, as the top players in that category have a good shot at making it to the NHL. I think Travis Boyd has been the best in that regard. His past 2 seasons in the AHL:
- 21 G, 53 P in 76 GP
- 16 G, 63 P in 76 GP
(I should note that, while Jake Guentzel only spent a little under half a season in the AHL, he had 21 G and 42 P in 33 GP; his 1.27 P/GP leads AHL rookies that played at least that many games and is 3rd among AHL players that
played at least that many games, behind Lander and Agostino.)
Also of note: Danny O'Regan had the best rookie year among AHL skaters, with 23 G and 58 P in 63 GP.

ok thanks for voting!

Edit: I just remembered Anton Lander got called up, so he counts as an NHL player.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit