SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

Rangers Healthy Lineup On Defence

Apr. 30, 2017 at 11:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
If Injuries didn't exist, who would you play in most games on defence for the Rangers? For me:

McDonagh-Girardi
Holden-Klein
Staal-Skjei

What about you guys?
May 4, 2017 at 11:40 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Regarding Girardi, he plays so much because he is seen as a "warrior" around the league. Someone who used to be able big minutes against top guys. He can't do that anymore. He may give up his body and block shots but that isn't the best way of defending anymore. You have to be able to make good passes, controlled zone exits, and skate the puck. Girardi can not do any of these things.
May 4, 2017 at 11:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: JT_Miller
Regarding Girardi, he plays so much because he is seen as a "warrior" around the league. Someone who used to be able big minutes against top guys. He can't do that anymore. He may give up his body and block shots but that isn't the best way of defending anymore. You have to be able to make good passes, controlled zone exits, and skate the puck. Girardi can not do any of these things.

He can make good passes.
Anyway, what would your lineup on D be then?
May 4, 2017 at 11:46 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
McDonagh - Clendening
Skeji - Smith
Staal- Holden

Also, watch Girardi try to make a breakout pass next game against Ottawa. I'd bet 75% of the time he either misses or just dumps it off the boards or down the ice.
May 4, 2017 at 11:47 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
In the offseason my dream "relastic" pairings would be
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skeji - Smith
Holden - Clendening
May 4, 2017 at 11:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
McDonagh - Clendening
Skeji - Smith
Staal- Holden

Also, watch Girardi try to make a breakout pass next game against Ottawa. I'd bet 75% of the time he either misses or just dumps it off the boards or down the ice.

No Klein or Girardi? And you put in Smith? Really, i only saw the 3rd period of today's game, but in the 3rd period, at least twice, Smith just skated out of the defensive zone and dropped the puck off for a Senator.
May 4, 2017 at 11:49 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
In the offseason my dream "relastic" pairings would be
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skeji - Smith
Holden - Clendening

For me:

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Girardi
Staal-Holden
May 5, 2017 at 10:18 p.m.
May contain nuts
I don't know what you've been watching, but Skjei-Smith has been an excellent pairing and would be perfect as the Rangers' middle pairing next year. Girardi and Klein are beyond washed up and Staal is a #6 at best. Staal and Holden also lost the good chemistry they had in the middle of the regular season.

If I was Sather, I would buy out Girardi, get Vatanen instead of Shatty due to his awful playoff performance, and go from there. Maybe sell high on Holden and find Staal a new partner, but it'd still be reasonable to keep him and cross our fingers that Staalden gets its chemistry back.

McDonagh-Vatanen
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Holden/some guy
May 5, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Snobalt
I don't know what you've been watching, but Skjei-Smith has been an excellent pairing and would be perfect as the Rangers' middle pairing next year. Girardi and Klein are beyond washed up and Staal is a #6 at best. Staal and Holden also lost the good chemistry they had in the middle of the regular season.

If I was Sather, I would buy out Girardi, get Vatanen instead of Shatty due to his awful playoff performance, and go from there. Maybe sell high on Holden and find Staal a new partner, but it'd still be reasonable to keep him and cross our fingers that Staalden gets its chemistry back.

McDonagh-Vatanen
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Holden/some guy

Smith is a UFA just so you know.

And as you can see my lineup on defence next season, i would sign Shattenkirk, lose Smith as a UFA, and trade Klein.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll