SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Post Lottery Mock Draft 2022

Post Lottery Mock Draft 2022

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Sacha_Baysal_
Published: May 16, 2022 at 1:57 p.m.
Description
1st Mock Draft after the lottery. I may or may not make another one. Let me know what you would do.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I am even between Cooley and Wright. But I think Montreal will take the Canadien Kid 1st Overall at their home draft. Wright has a lot of potential but I think he will either be really good or really bad. Montreal is gonna take that chance with him.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey already has many great forwards so here they can get a #1 D-Man. Nemec is the best D-Man in this draft in my opinion. Nemec can just take the puck from you and then make a great pass to starte rush.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Cooley may turn out to be the best player from this draft. I'm really torn on him vs Wright. If he develops 1 year at Uni of Minnesota and come in next year he can be amazing. He has a great 2-Way game and can still drive the O-Zone play by making a great pass or shot.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I think seattle will go for a D-Man here because they got their 1C last year. Jiricek is a great 2-way D-Man with great skating.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly can get a future Center after Giroux left. Savoie has great skating and creativity in the O-Zone, who has great shooting and passing.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksI feel like this isn't the jacket;s ideal pick. But if Slafkovksy drops to 6, then you can't pass on him. He has a huge physical frame with an electric shot. He won Olympic MVP at 17 years old.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Nazar has been rising up the Draft Stock very quickly and rightfully so. He has such a shifty, creative offensive game. He played amazing at the U18 Championship. Great player for Ottawa's future Top 6.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Another surprisingly high European pick for Yzerman. Great offensive winger with a great shot. Played amazing at the U18 Championship. His stock has been rising so much over these past few months.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-McGroarty has been rising his stock a lot recently, especially at the U18 Championship. He has great physicallity, leadership, and scoring. Could be a great Top 6 forward for Buffalo in a couple years.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Great winger who never takes a shift off and is always buzzing around trying to retrive the puck. Once he gets that puck he can score or make a good pass.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Although Lambert hasn't had a very good season. But he is still such an amazing player with amazing skating and stickhandling.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-After taking a forward with their 1st pick, they can take a D-Man with this pick. Casey does need to work on his defensive play. But his rush, breaking out, and offensive ability is amazing. He can be a great future PP quaterback.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Islanders get a solid forward prospects who can play winger or center. Great 2-Way and Special Teams play by Gauthier. And is a great skater.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I feel like Winnipeg wants a D-Man here and the next best option is Luneau. Great offensive and defensive player. Taking a couple years in the Q to develop his game he can become one of the most all around solid D-Men in the NHL.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver has many great forwards so they can go for a D-Man here. Mateychuk already has great offensive vision and creativity. Once he works out some of his defensive decisions and consistency he can become a really good 2-Way D-Man for the Canucks.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsAfter taking a forward earlier, they should take a D-Man here. Chesley is pretty active in his own zone and has great stick, physical play. He can breakout and play the transition very well. Taking a couple years to develop in college will help him and in a few years he can be very solid for Buffalo.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-I hate to be putting Yurov this low, but this is just where I see him being taken. Great speed and hockey IQ winger. Let him stay in Russia for a couple years and he could become a good Middle 6 winger.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-I see Geekie as either being really good or a bust. It will take a few years for him to reach the NHL. His skating needs work, but has a huge size and great offensive ability.
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA has so many great forward and D prospects so they can kinda take anyone. But I see them going with a D-Man here. Mintyukov has great transitional game and offensive ability. Decent defense. So he can be a solid Top 6-Way D-Man in a few years for LA
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-Great offensive center for Washington. He has great hockey IQ and playmaking. Played very well at the U18 Championship.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Strong Winger with great puck skills and a great shot.
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Oilers need D-Man more than forwards so they probably want a D-Man here. The next best option is Salomonson. Great fundamental player with good passing, shooting, and playmaking. He needs to work out his defensive decision making and some plays in the D-Zone. If he works those out he can become a very good D-Man.
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsDucks drafted a forward earlier so they should take a forward here. Nelson is a very good offensive D-Man with very good PP skills. He does lack some size but he is still very good. If he works on his defense than he can become a very efficent Top 4 D-Man for the Ducks.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Winger with great skating and goal scoring ability. Could be very efficent in Minnesota's future Top 6.
25Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Bichsel is a huge 6'5 D-Man who is efficient at being a 2-Way D-Man and he excels in the D-Zone. He can take you into the corner with his huge frame and you won't escape. Someone you defintley don't want to go agisnt.
26Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Winger with great size and defensive play. with that he still is very good in the O-Zone and has an amazing shot.
27Logo of the New York Rangers-Great defensive center who is still very productive in the O-Zone. Balanced between passing and shooting. Seems like he never takes a shift off and is always buzzing around.
28Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesMontreal took a forward 1st overall so they should go for a D-Man here. Hutson is one of, if not the most, skilled defenseman in the draft. He just lacks size, but Montreal proved with Caufield that you can still be good without size. Great at puck moving, shooting, and playmaking. he excells as a 2-Way D-Man.
29Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Feel like Toronto will go for a D-Man here. Odelius is a solid 2-Way D-Man with great skills. Needs to work on his strength, but in a few years he could become a very good Top 6 D-Man.
30Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesI feel like Arizona will go for a D-Man here and the next best option is Pickering. Great skating and skills guy, but needs to work on his decision making and consitency . Could become a very good Top 4 D-Man if given some time.
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheMesar is a great offensive talent for the Yotes. He has great skills and can just control the puck for so long in the O-Zone. He can play any forward position.
32Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersI feel bad for putting Kasper this low, but this is just where I have him. Great 2-Way Center who is amazing at making plays in the O-Zone. Great work ethic.
May 16, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Wright is heads and tails far better than Cooley - take a look at their head to head in the 2021 IIHF U18 tournament - Cooley didn't even score and was outpointed by Isaac Howard. Wright led the cdn team to the gold medal over Russia with 9 goals 5 assists. Cooley and his team didn't even make it to the bronze medal game. In 2022 Cooley faced inferior competition at the U18 with a depleted Cdn U18 team (all their top U18's were with their clubs in playoffs), and the Russians weren't even there. Cooley's team gagged and won the silver medal. Cooley has played grandstanding exhibition games where points and standings don't matter against just powerhouse USHL teams (drip sarcasm) and mostly below average NCAA teams - look at their schedule. Cooley's game is elevated by a lot of good players.
Habs are loaded in their prospect pool at LHD, they don't need a small Lane Hutson. Since they also have pick #33 they can gamble on trikozov or pick a scorer like Jiri Kulich who was awesome at the U18's

Great commentaries and work, but I think you miss the mark on a few
May 16, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
Evans truther
Lane f**king Hutson over Marco Kasper and he's going to Montreal who may have the deepest LD pool in all the league.
May 17, 2022 at 10:21 a.m.
Kasper too low...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll