SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

I need to eat some crow

May 16, 2022 at 2:44 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: hanson493
i told you man. gut feeling with zero basis but im very happy the bruins got zboril locked up for 2 years. i can see the moves starting to line up. im a very big grz advocate hes analytics are typically very very good, but hes not a good partner for carlo. and he just seems to be exploited the most when hes with mcavoy. doesnt make him not useful. That season long injury either came back at the worst possible time and thats why he was a scratch... or he just isnt a fit with the team after getting lindholm.

as an aside i think pastrnak is fine, not bringing back bergy and then sending pasta out. he does disappear when the physicallity ramps up which is unfortunate. but hes still a pp weapon and i think as unfair as it is to debrusk, pastrnak was trying to carry line 2 and then was double shifting at times. issue again was the depth scoring. your top 3 goal scorers had 50% of the scoring production and 3 of the goals came on the pp. 7 games 20 goals 6 of those are pp goals. so they averaged 2 non pp goals a game. thats really not going to win you games in the playoffs.

to put it into perspective: team goals for all situations the bruins were tied 9th out of 16 with florida who played 1 less game you had 1 more than washington again in 1 less game so they probably pass you in a 7th game situation. youre in there with LA, minny, dallas, and calgary (shocking how low scoring that series was), and nashville. just not enough depth scoring again.

They tried to double shift pasta to see if he had a pulse. He didn’t. This is the last chance to move him before paying him top of the market. Probably 8x10. I’d rather move him if it can land a guy that could be the center of the future.
May 16, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
They tried to double shift pasta to see if he had a pulse. He didn’t. This is the last chance to move him before paying him top of the market. Probably 8x10. I’d rather move him if it can land a guy that could be the center of the future.

not saying they shouldnt. but if youre bringing bergeron back theres no chance hes like oh youre gunna make the team worse? yeah im all in! keeping most of the team together and adding to that for a run is more of what i think entices him back... however idk how the 35+ deals work but to keep salary lower for THIS YEAR could we make bergy alot of easily attainable bonuses that would spill into next years cap situation?
Chopper02 liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Really surprising to see Zboril staying in Boston, I liked him as a potential pickup for the Islanders.

If I'm Mike Reilly and Derek Forbort today, I am worriedly checking my lease and seeing what the penalty for ending it early is.

Eh most leases have a move out for work clause. Not that they need the extra cash
dannibalcorpse liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.
So if you scroll up a bit, my point was that i think pastrnak is a passenger at 5 on 5. I think they can move him, get a future (potentially one that can play immediately), and pick up someone in free agency that will replace 80% of what pastrnak brings in the postseason.

Can't find that part of thread. Regardless, I just don't know they do it, but agree it's the last chance they can do anything. Not a fan of this team, but what about Vancouver and Brock Boeser or JT Miller?
May 16, 2022 at 2:51 p.m.
Banned
not saying they shouldnt. but if youre bringing bergeron back theres no chance hes like oh youre gunna make the team worse? yeah im all in! keeping most of the team together and adding to that for a run is more of what i think entices him back... however idk how the 35+ deals work but to keep salary lower for THIS YEAR could we make bergy alot of easily attainable bonuses that would spill into next years cap situation?

Again, i think they can move pastrnak without making the team worse.
May 16, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Chopper02
Can't find that part of thread. Regardless, I just don't know they do it, but agree it's the last chance they can do anything. Not a fan of this team, but what about Vancouver and Brock Boeser or JT Miller?

I don’t see a fit with vancouver. Moving pastrnak for boeser is basically useless. Just downgrading. A miller for pastrnak swap would be really confusing for both sides.

Off the top of my head, and this is just an example of how you can move pastrnak and not get worse - trade pasta to jersey for 2OA. Sign trocheck for a similar number to what pasta was getting. I think they’re a better team short and long term right there.
May 16, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.
Again, i think they can move pastrnak without making the team worse.

short term idk how thats possible. who can they target thats going to replace 77 points and 40 goals. hes been at a 30+ goal pace for 6 years now. and did it in 5 of them. short year last year and he only had 20 in 48 which is 34 in an 82 game period... i know hes a pp machine but he is the PP. you would need to completely revamp the pp if you move him. just dont see how you move him and come out even or ahead short term. long term sure but we arent talking long term here if its hinging on bergy coming back.... if he doesnt come back though and we have a glaring 1c hole... im listening on pasta and also bringing in malkin at 1c.
May 16, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
Banned
short term idk how thats possible. who can they target thats going to replace 77 points and 40 goals. hes been at a 30+ goal pace for 6 years now. and did it in 5 of them. short year last year and he only had 20 in 48 which is 34 in an 82 game period... i know hes a pp machine but he is the PP. you would need to completely revamp the pp if you move him. just dont see how you move him and come out even or ahead short term. long term sure but we arent talking long term here if its hinging on bergy coming back.... if he doesnt come back though and we have a glaring 1c hole... im listening on pasta and also bringing in malkin at 1c.

Well i don’t really care about the regular season. I care about how brutal he’s been in the playoffs.

As for how they can do it, see the above post.
May 16, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
I don’t see a fit with vancouver. Moving pastrnak for boeser is basically useless. Just downgrading. A miller for pastrnak swap would be really confusing for both sides.

Off the top of my head, and this is just an example of how you can move pastrnak and not get worse - trade pasta to jersey for 2OA. Sign trocheck for a similar number to what pasta was getting. I think they’re a better team short and long term right there.

If Bergeron retires, that just makes them worse. Trocheck "replaces" Bergeron, but you're still missing that winger.
May 16, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Banned
If Bergeron retires, that just makes them worse. Trocheck "replaces" Bergeron, but you're still missing that winger.

I don’t think bergeron retires. Doesn’t matter either way. I think the bruins can get better by trading pasta. I also think if bergeron retires, theres no way to replacing him, and the bruins can get better long term by trading pasta.
May 16, 2022 at 3:44 p.m.
I don’t think bergeron retires. Doesn’t matter either way. I think the bruins can get better by trading pasta. I also think if bergeron retires, theres no way to replacing him, and the bruins can get better long term by trading pasta.

If Bergeron retires, Boston has to try a quick retool and I agree get better long term by trading Pasta and then trying to sign Trocheck to play center. If Bergeron comes back, I think it would be a hard sell to both Neely and owners to move Pasta.
Boston does need to desperately fill their pool with centers who can play in upcoming years.

Very curious, if they go the route of trading away Pasta for 2OA, is your pick Cooley, Kemell or Savoie?
May 16, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Well i don’t really care about the regular season. I care about how brutal he’s been in the playoffs.

As for how they can do it, see the above post.

you should care about the regular season because we lost this series solely on the home ice. this series could have been different if game 7 is at home vs in carolina. this is also why i wanted kessel at the TDL.
May 16, 2022 at 4:01 p.m.
Banned
If Bergeron retires, Boston has to try a quick retool and I agree get better long term by trading Pasta and then trying to sign Trocheck to play center. If Bergeron comes back, I think it would be a hard sell to both Neely and owners to move Pasta.
Boston does need to desperately fill their pool with centers who can play in upcoming years.

Very curious, if they go the route of trading away Pasta for 2OA, is your pick Cooley, Kemell or Savoie?

Mine would be Cooley. Also don’t think it would be overly crazy to trade pasta for 2OA, and then trade down and take Savoie
May 16, 2022 at 4:02 p.m.
Banned
you should care about the regular season because we lost this series solely on the home ice. this series could have been different if game 7 is at home vs in carolina. this is also why i wanted kessel at the TDL.

If a team can’t win a road game, they’re not winning the cup regardless. How about instead of freaking out about home ice, have a winger that can play in the playoffs?
May 16, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
Mine would be Cooley. Also don’t think it would be overly crazy to trade pasta for 2OA, and then trade down and take Savoie

Fair enough. I dont think Cooley has the defensive chops, but in a few years it may not matter much depending on the coach. Savoie is being undervalued compared to Kemell and Cooley.
May 16, 2022 at 4:42 p.m.
If a team can’t win a road game, they’re not winning the cup regardless. How about instead of freaking out about home ice, have a winger that can play in the playoffs?

i mean he had 6 points in 7 games... sure youde like him to have closer to say 8-10 but thats still not that terrible. the real issues were debrusk/hall/smith/frederic having a combined 4 goals and 8 points and only 5 at even strength. thats not gunna win us a series. the reason the canes beat us was because they had more depth scoring... if freddy/smith get 1 or 2 this series could have been completely different. if frederics post shot goes in instead of off the crossbar its a 2-2 game instead of 3-1.
May 16, 2022 at 4:43 p.m.
i mean he had 6 points in 7 games... sure youde like him to have closer to say 8-10 but thats still not that terrible. the real issues were debrusk/hall/smith/frederic having a combined 4 goals and 8 points and only 5 at even strength. thats not gunna win us a series. the reason the canes beat us was because they had more depth scoring... if freddy/smith get 1 or 2 this series could have been completely different. if frederics post shot goes in instead of off the crossbar its a 2-2 game instead of 3-1.

compare that to aho 5 in 7, svechnikov 4 in 7. pasta was outscoring them so idk i think he did okay. as a fanbase we just felt like he wasnt doing enough cuz of how much he was out there.
May 16, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
Banned
compare that to aho 5 in 7, svechnikov 4 in 7. pasta was outscoring them so idk i think he did okay. as a fanbase we just felt like he wasnt doing enough cuz of how much he was out there.

Get the outscoring thing out of your head. Its not what I’m talking about. Okay? I have the internet too. I can look at hockeydb, but I’ll say it one last time:
At FIVE ON FIVE, I thought David pastrnak was a passenger. He was really bad. Debrusk was light years better than him.

Its not always about points. Bergeron scored both bruins goals in game two, but it was the worst game of his NHL career. He was the bruins fourth best center that night.
May 16, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
Banned

Debrusk and Hall were both way better 5 on 5 than Pastrnak. I think Smith was really hurt. Frederic wasn’t good.
May 18, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
Go leafs go
Never thought Sweeney could get Zboril signed. That’s a nice piece of business he got done.

Now, any interesting offers out there for pastrnak or grzelcyk. I think both are ideally suited to shift the bruins a little bit younger, and re-tool on the fly. (Not necessarily jersey, all reasonable offers appreciated).

Nylander and a first round pick for Pasta? And your pick of... something as long as it's not huge.
May 18, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
Nylander and a first round pick for Pasta? And your pick of... something as long as it's not huge.

No.
1. No to any leafs proposal, or anything in division frankly.
2. No to any, “we’ll give you a lesser player at the same position and something else,” junk.

Futures. Good futures. Probably would have to be a good center prospect and pick, or a really good pick.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 18, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
Go leafs go
No.
1. No to any leafs proposal, or anything in division frankly.
2. No to any, “we’ll give you a lesser player at the same position and something else,” junk.

Futures. Good futures. Probably would have to be a good center prospect and pick, or a really good pick.

Ok, then I can't help you.
May 18, 2022 at 4:42 p.m.
Banned
Ok, then I can't help you.

Sure you could. Offer futures.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 18, 2022 at 4:45 p.m.
Go leafs go
Sure you could. Offer futures.

Ok, Robertson, Sandin and a 1st.
May 18, 2022 at 4:59 p.m.
Banned
Ok, Robertson, Sandin and a 1st.

Sandin isn’t really a future, and I’m not a fan of Robertson’s game.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll