C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C, LW
UFA
$803,333$803,333
RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 16, 2022 at 4:51 p.m.
Banned
Please explain to me how that makes even remote sense for Boston?

I wouldn't do that trade with Minnesota, heard that Fiala is a locker room cancer

I don't think the Canucks view Poolman as a negative asset, they aren't going to pay to dump him. The higher pick would have to be coming back
May 16, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
VAN
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Please explain to me how that makes even remote sense for Boston?

I wouldn't do that trade with Minnesota, heard that Fiala is a locker room cancer

I don't think the Canucks view Poolman as a negative asset, they aren't going to pay to dump him. The higher pick would have to be coming back

Boston has the greatest defense ever. Honestly it probably doesn't but maybe a big time goal scorer like a Pasta would be incredibly fun with Petey.

Re: Fiala... So was JT Miller once

Poolman for the cap space in this team. Doesn't matter if the Canucks don't view him as a negative asset because everyone else does.
May 16, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
yotes own canada
the bruins already have mcavoy and lindholm locked up that trade doesnt make sense for them
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Prime_Jimbo
Boston has the greatest defense ever. Honestly it probably doesn't but maybe a big time goal scorer like a Pasta would be incredibly fun with Petey.

Re: Fiala... So was JT Miller once

Poolman for the cap space in this team. Doesn't matter if the Canucks don't view him as a negative asset because everyone else does.

We don't know that every other team views Poolman as a negative asset. Other fanbases sure seem to, but that doesn't mean other front offices share that same sentiment

Boston doesn't have the greatest defense ever. If they did, they would have beaten Carolina, but they didn't. If anything, Carolina is the team that has the strongest defense in the league right now, they can literally carry a goaltender. Can't say that about most other teams
May 16, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Do it now!
Marino, Pettersson, 1st for Miller, Myers

Pens counters: (Marino, 3rd = Miller)
Marino, Pettersson, 2nd for Miller, Myers (-$3M)
Marino, Pettersson, 3rd, 4th for Miller, Myers (-$2M)
May 16, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
VAN
We don't know that every other team views Poolman as a negative asset. Other fanbases sure seem to, but that doesn't mean other front offices share that same sentiment

Boston doesn't have the greatest defense ever. If they did, they would have beaten Carolina, but they didn't. If anything, Carolina is the team that has the strongest defense in the league right now, they can literally carry a goaltender. Can't say that about most other teams

If Boston added Hughes.....

I think because Poolman is a big RHD he'll get looks but he was overpaid the moment Jimbo picked up the phone to call his agent. He was never a consistent starter, provides zero offense, and has injury concerns. And now he is overpaid. Maybe a team takes a flyer on him and maybe it's a neutral transaction but I doubt he fetches a fourth. He'd probably get a 6th/7th at best.
May 16, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.

Bull****, and just when did you hear that and from who that Fiala is a cancer? Because it's definitely not true.

Fiala is not, nor has he ever been, one. He's certainly cocky, but that's it. It's been said that it can rub some people the wrong way. Doesn't mean he's a lockerroom cancer. Furthermore, that cockyness was reported when he was younger and first coming into the league. He's matured a lot since then and over the last couple of years. He's still a team first guy. He's close with them and gets along with them just fine. He's had some tension with the front office last off-season over not getting a long-term contract when everyone else has and did. But that's since quieted down.

Any and all possible issues with him are management based not lockerroom based.
Prime_Jimbo and DollaBillaz liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Banned
If Boston added Hughes.....

I think because Poolman is a big RHD he'll get looks but he was overpaid the moment Jimbo picked up the phone to call his agent. He was never a consistent starter, provides zero offense, and has injury concerns. And now he is overpaid. Maybe a team takes a flyer on him and maybe it's a neutral transaction but I doubt he fetches a fourth. He'd probably get a 6th/7th at best.

Nope, adding Hughes isn't going to move the needle defensively that much. Poolman should realistically fetch a 6th/7th cause he was decent when he was healthy and in the nucks lineup
May 16, 2022 at 5:10 p.m.
VAN
Quoting: WhyWait

I don't agree at all. Anyone can break these pieces down black/white but hockey isn't like that. There's more to it than sectioning a trade like you did.

Pitt can afford this. Retaining isn't the issue. It's whether they see JT being a piece that they need. Pettersson is overpaid in their bottom pair. Myers can easily be a 2nd pair Marino's spot. Miller >>>>> Pettersson value.
May 16, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: RazWild
Bull****, and just when did you hear that and from who that Fiala is a cancer? Because it's definitely not true.

Fiala is not, nor has he ever been, one. He's certainly cocky, but that's it. It's been said that it can rub some people the wrong way. Doesn't mean he's a lockerroom cancer. Furthermore, that cockyness was reported when he was younger and first coming into the league. He's matured a lot since then and over the last couple of years. He's still a team first guy. He's close with them and gets along with them just fine. He's had some tension with the front office last off-season over not getting a long-term contract when everyone else has and did. But that's since quieted down.

Any and all possible issues with him are management based not lockerroom based.

You're the first Wild fan who has come out and denied it, I'll wait for some more to follow suit. That said, I still hope you're right

Not saying he doesn't still have good value, but where the heck was he during the playoffs?
DollaBillaz liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
VAN
Nope, adding Hughes isn't going to move the needle defensively that much. Poolman should realistically fetch a 6th/7th cause he was decent when he was healthy and in the nucks lineup

What? You should read what you wrote again. Hughes defensive game improved substantially. Maybe you meant he wasn't a lock down Dman.... Either way, it moves the needle quite a bit
May 16, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Banned
What? You should read what you wrote again. Hughes defensive game improved substantially. Maybe you meant he wasn't a lock down Dman.... Either way, it moves the needle quite a bit

His defensive game did improve a lot, I'm not trying to deny that, but that doesn't mean a primarily offensive defenseman is going to move the needle to a teams defensive ability a significant amount by themselves
May 16, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
You're the first Wild fan who has come out and denied it, I'll wait for some more to follow suit. That said, I still hope you're right

Not saying he doesn't still have good value, but where the heck was he during the playoffs?

I mean, it's not the first time I've done it and certainly won't be the last. But I have had to reply to these off-base rumors to other fanbases at least 5 times over the last month alone.

Whenever I do, they tend to get heavily liked by my fellow Wild fans here. That isn't to be taken as a statement of fact. Just as an acknowledgement that I certainly am not alone in my opinion or thought process on this one. Take that for what you will.

And you still haven't said where you heard it/read it, because until you do, I'll continue to remain skeptical about it.

As for the playoffs. 99% of the roster didn't show up for the playoffs, that isn't worth singling out Fiala for that. He was our most noticeable forward for the last two years in the playoffs, before this one. Against the Canucks in the 2020 play-in round and against Vegas last year. He's not always producing but he's noticeable.

He was our only real threat against Vancouver. Was our best forward on the ice against Vegas, but wasn't rewarded for his efforts. As Kaprizov was triple teamed throughout the series with Vegas.

This year, he looked like a guy who was trying to do to much, and had gone cold at the same time. It didn't help that Boldy struggled given it was his first taste of playoff hockey, which kinda meant that Fiala was alone for the most part on that line again. Then again he still managed 3 points in 6 games, all assists, two of which in spectacular fashion as they were primary assists on Kaprizov's PP goals in game 3.

Does Fiala deserve some criticism for not stepping up in this years playoffs? Absolutely. But let's not pretend there aren't some mitigating factors at play here too.
Prime_Jimbo liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: RazWild
I mean, it's not the first time I've done it and certainly won't be the last. But I have had to reply to these off-base rumors to other fanbases at least 5 times over the last month alone.

Whenever I do, they tend to get heavily liked by my fellow Wild fans here. That isn't to be taken as a statement of fact. Just as an acknowledgement that I certainly am not alone in my opinion or thought process on this one. Take that for what you will.

And you still haven't said where you heard it/read it, because until you do, I'll continue to remain skeptical about it.

As for the playoffs. 99% of the roster didn't show up for the playoffs, that isn't worth singling out Fiala for that. He was our most noticeable forward for the last two years in the playoffs, before this one. Against the Canucks in the 2020 play-in round and against Vegas last year. He's not always producing but he's noticeable.

He was our only real threat against Vancouver. Was our best forward on the ice against Vegas, but wasn't rewarded for his efforts. As Kaprizov was triple teamed throughout the series with Vegas.

This year, he looked like a guy who was trying to do to much, and had gone cold at the same time. It didn't help that Boldy struggled given it was his first taste of playoff hockey, which kinda meant that Fiala was alone for the most part on that line again. Then again he still managed 3 points in 6 games, all assists, two of which in spectacular fashion as they were primary assists on Kaprizov's PP goals in game 3.

Does Fiala deserve some criticism for not stepping up in this years playoffs? Absolutely. But let's not pretend there aren't some mitigating factors at play here too.

Fiala was alone on his line because of Boldy's struggles? I thought Fiala was capable of driving his own line, sounds there like you're suggesting somewhat the contrary

I never said I definitively buy into the Fiala toxicity rumors, but I admit I'm surprised how frequently they've come up, but that's not going to stop me from taking it with a grain of salt. It's good to hear that other Wild fans are on the same page as you though
May 16, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.

Marino and a 3rd doesn’t = Miller. Myers with retention >> Pettersson as well
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 5:50 p.m.
Banned
I’m torn. I do want the bruins to trade pastrnak, but i just really don’t want Quinn hughes.
Prime_Jimbo liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Fiala was alone on his line because of Boldy's struggles? I thought Fiala was capable of driving his own line, sounds there like you're suggesting somewhat the contrary

I never said I definitively buy into the Fiala toxicity rumors, but I admit I'm surprised how frequently they've come up, but that's not going to stop me from taking it with a grain of salt. It's good to hear that other Wild fans are on the same page as you though

I mean the guy has been on a 70 point pace on his own for the last 3 years, without help from his linemates. That's a player that's fully capable of driving a line, especially when said player has been in the top 5 for possession stats during that same timespan.

Like I said, it felt more like a player who had gone cold and was trying to do too much because of it. Doesn't mean he's not capable or rather I should say incapable of it as your trying to imply.

I merely stated that Boldy struggling in his first playoffs meant that Fiala had no one to fall back on when he himself had gone cold. Which, in turn, more than likely made Fiala feel like he had to do it all himself. So he pressed, and again, meant he tried to do too much.

The two things are contributing factors as to why, but are not mutually exclusive with one another. They're still separate factors. And one does not mean the other is incapable.
Prime_Jimbo liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 6:02 p.m.
VAN
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I’m torn. I do want the bruins to trade pastrnak, but i just really don’t want Quinn hughes.

It's not the best fit. I toyed with Grzelcyk moving but can't see him ever leaving Boston.
May 16, 2022 at 6:03 p.m.
Banned
It's not the best fit. I toyed with Grzelcyk moving but can't see him ever leaving Boston.

Really? I can. I think its 50:50 whether he plays another game as a bruin.
May 16, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.
Do it now!
I don't agree at all. Anyone can break these pieces down black/white but hockey isn't like that. There's more to it than sectioning a trade like you did.

Pitt can afford this. Retaining isn't the issue. It's whether they see JT being a piece that they need. Pettersson is overpaid in their bottom pair. Myers can easily be a 2nd pair Marino's spot. Miller >>>>> Pettersson value.

Pettersson has nothing to do with Miller in this trade. Marino is the offset piece for Miller. How much more valuable Miller is than Pettersson is 100% irrelevant.

Petterson cap hit-vs-ice value is much better than Myers', so retaining is an issue. The only reason the Pens would be trading Pettersson is for cap room, so bringing someone that ia barely comparable on the ice yet has a $2M more cap hit would be silly.

And yes, breaking pieces down in this deal is black and white like that.

Marino, 3rd = Miller
Pettersson, 4th = Myers (-$2M) Without retention it is Vancouver adding a 3rd, if not a 2nd.

If you don't like Pettersson, 4th = Myers (-$2M), then keep Myers, the Pens don't play a style that he would help with anyway.
If you don't like Marino, 3rd = Miller, then stop your fanbase from trying to continually trade Miller for Marino in nearly every other Vancouver AGM.
May 16, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
Banned
Minnesota declines this deal easily. Dumba isn't a cap dump. Minnesota isn't taking on Jason Dickinson and aren't going to trade a cheap 2c like freddy
May 16, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
VAN
Really? I can. I think its 50:50 whether he plays another game as a bruin.

More-so whether he would want to but not necessarily the organization. He's living it up in his hometown.
May 16, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
Banned
More-so whether he would want to but not necessarily the organization. He's living it up in his hometown.

How does that matter?
May 16, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
VAN
Pettersson has nothing to do with Miller in this trade. Marino is the offset piece for Miller. How much more valuable Miller is than Pettersson is 100% irrelevant.

Petterson cap hit-vs-ice value is much better than Myers', so retaining is an issue. The only reason the Pens would be trading Pettersson is for cap room, so bringing someone that ia barely comparable on the ice yet has a $2M more cap hit would be silly.

And yes, breaking pieces down in this deal is black and white like that.

Marino, 3rd = Miller
Pettersson, 4th = Myers (-$2M) Without retention it is Vancouver adding a 3rd, if not a 2nd.

If you don't like Pettersson, 4th = Myers (-$2M), then keep Myers, the Pens don't play a style that he would help with anyway.
If you don't like Marino, 3rd = Miller, then stop your fanbase from trying to continually trade Miller for Marino in nearly every other Vancouver AGM.

Pettersson's minutes are pretty low per game and the cap hit makes it worse. There's a gap if Marino is moved that Myers fills. Again, the bigger move is whether Pitt would want JT and if they believe he can push the team ahead. Myers can fill the Marino loss. So it's not as simple as the breakdown you gave. Saying Myers is barely comparable is ridiculous.

There's no way that Pettersson and a 4th is equivalent to Myers and 2nd/3rd as you suggested. Myers has more value than Pettersson alone.
May 16, 2022 at 6:14 p.m.
VAN
How does that matter?

I'm just suggesting he'd probably not want to leave Boston. The org wouldn't care if they were making changes.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll