SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: GDubb2Shiesty
Published: May 16, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-No brainer for MTL. I know Cooley's name has been mentioned but I think MTL takes Wright in hopes he can play similar to how Danault did in last years playoffs.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Having Hughes and Hischier makes me think NJ takes a winger at this pick and the best available would be Slafkovsky. I could also see them taking Jiricek or Nemec or maybe even trading out of the pick.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-With the 3rd pick ARZ gets their future number 1 center. 2nd best player in the draft IMO and ARZ can afford to let him develop a year or two in college
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-After picking Beniers 2nd overall last year, I think it’s a no brainer for Seattle to go with a defenseman here. I think Jiricek and Nemec are 1A and 1B, so either one could be taken at this pick, but I like Nemec just a little better.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Although he’s a bit undersized, I feel like teams have learned from players like Caufield and DeBrincat, and Philly picksup a very talented center. With the loss of Giroux and contracts of Ellis and Ristolainen, I find it hard to think Philly picks up another D-man.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksWith the Russia/Ukraine altercation going on overseas, It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Russian players fell in the draft. Yurov is very talented and the pick just seems right to me. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Jiricek is picked here.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa is in desperate need of a top 6 forward and trading this pick to get one is in the air. I think they go in a different direction and picks a RHD. I think the Brannstrom experiment is over and Ottawa needs to move on. Jiricek has good size (pause) and I think could play very well with Sanderson for years to come.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Brad Lambert was once projected top 3, and I think he is very boom or bust. I think Detroit is in the position to take a chance on a guy like Lambert considering I feel their depth at C is quite thin. I could also see DET picking Kemell here to add some scoring but I think they go for a center of a winger.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Kemell falls to 9 and BUF jumps at the opportunity to add him to their roster. Kemell has a lot of upside, and BUF wouldn’t mind adding another goal scorer.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Nazar is one of my favorite players in the draft this year and I think would fit well with the Ducks. I could see them choosing Geekie due to his big frame and their loss of Getzlaf this year, but I think they go BPA and to me at 10 that’s Nazar.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose is in for a tough time with loads of terrible contracts for aging players that aren’t performing like they should. Lekkerimaki gives sharks fan a bit of hope as he is one of the most talented players in the draft, and having played with Eklund before this pick just feels right.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-CBJ have 2 picks in the top 15 thanks to Chicago’s disappointing season and although one of the picks may get traded, I think they pick with both and grabs a center. McGroarty’s draft stock has been very high lately and I think CBJ pick him at 12.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Gauthier is another player whose draft stock has skyrocketed lately but I think he falls to 13. He has 34 goals in 54 games, and I think the Islanders could use another goal scorer.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-WPG could use a big center like Geekie. I see a lot of hate about Geekie, but IMO its hard to ignore a 6’3 center putting up 70 points in 63 games. I think he is a very boom or bust player, but I think if he falls to 14, the Jets take a chance on him and Geekie gets to stay home in WPG.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Although undersized, Nelson is very talented offensively. I think him and Hughes could work well on the power play together and Vancouver could use another RHD in their prospect pool.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsHoward’s value has also gone up, and I think the Sabres jump on the opportunity to select another talented goal scorer in Isaac Howard. I could also see them selecting a RHD but I think the temptastion of adding another goal scorer is too much for them to resist.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville has a very underrated prospect pool IMO and adding a playmaker like Ostlund makes it that much better.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas has one of the best prospect pools in the league, but I find they could use more defense. Although they have more depth at LHD than RHD, I think they select Bichsel. I think he’s very good defensively and at 6’5 I think the Stars take a shot with him. I could also see them taking Mateychuk.
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Losing Brown this year will be hard for Kings fans and he has big shoes to fill. I think they go for the best winger available and to me that’s Snuggerud. After going over a point per game in the USNDP, I think LA picks him up.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-I have the Capitals taking Mateychuk in the draft this year. He absolutely could go higher so I think Washington picks him up if he falls to them. After getting eliminated in the first round this year, and the aging of core players like Ovi, Backstrom, Carlson and Oshie, I think its time to rebuild and Mateychuk is a great player to build around.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-With a similar situation like Washington, I think the Pittsburgh front office opt to start a rebuild. Pittsburgh’s prospect pool isn’t the greatest IMO and adding a good RHD never hurt anyone.
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Edmonton should go with a defenseman with this pick IMO and Salomonsson checks off what I think Edmonton shoul be looking for in a d-man.
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsI think Anaheim could use another LHD in their prospect pool, and at this point in the draft I think Pickering is the best LHD available. He put up decent numbers this year and I think Anaheim would be very happy to pick him with their pick from Boston.
24Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I think Blues fans should be very happy with the state their team is in. Adding another Center to their prospect pool will only make their team better and IMO a 6’4 PPG center like Bystedt fits what STL should be looking to add this draft.
25Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-The back to back Stanley Cup champs go with a D-man here for me. They traded away their FRP for next 2 years, and need to make this one count as their prospect pool is quite disappointing. I think Chesley fits in Tampa. I could see them go with Del Bel Belluz if they opt for a forward.
26Logo of the New York Rangers-I think Kasper to the Rangers makes sense. I could see them also taking a D-man here but I think they go Center. I’ve seen Kasper high up on some boards but I’m not entirely sold on him yet to have him in the top 20.
27Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Every draft has players that fall later than expected and players that fans consider reaches. I think Del Bel Belluz falls to Minnesota. I think he fits what they are building, and with the talented roster and prospect pool they have, there is no rush for him to join the Wild and he will have time to go back another year to develop further in the OHL.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-After another first round exit for Toronto, I see them selecting a defenseman at their pick. Luneau is very good offensively and I think the Leafs take advantage of the fact he is still there at their pick.
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesGrowing up in Montreal, its quite obvious they love their Quebecois players. They have a lot of Defensemen in their system so I think they opt for another forward. Gaucher is big and put up decent numbers this year. I could also see them taking Jack Hughes as his dad is the GM but it seems unlikely.
30Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesOhgren put up great numbers this year, and I think ARZ is in a positon where they just select the BPA
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheKorchinski put up great numbers this year going almost PPG as a D-man. IMO he is the next best D-man at this pick and ARZ will gladly select him. I could also see them taking a risk on Miroshnichenko due to their large draft capital, but to me seems more like a second round pick.
32Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersBuffalo end the draft picking Mintyukov with their 3rd pick of the night. He put up great numbers and another D-man thast scoring almost a PPG never hurt anyone. I could see them opt for a RHD instead but I think MIntyukov is too good to pass up here.
May 16, 2022 at 6:38 p.m.
Banned
good job here ,i also only see that huges kid getting dafted before the 3rd rd is by his dad
GDubb2Shiesty liked this.
May 16, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
I'd be happy if this was Buffalo's night
May 17, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
too high for yurov and cant see cbj taking him before Jiricek
May 17, 2022 at 10:45 a.m.
Quoting: Konkarsson
too high for yurov and cant see cbj taking him before Jiricek

I think they do go Jiricek also, but i also didn't wanna have a copy paste of other people's drafts so decided to throw in a curve ball. I do still think Yurov does fit with CBJ tho

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll