Lamoureux, Maveric
3$880,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2024 6th round pick (ANA)
MTL
  1. 2024 7th round pick (PHI)
WPG
  1. Gallagher, Brendan ($3,000,000 retained)
MTL
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (DET)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$61,319,166$1,132,500$850,000$21,180,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
Wright, Shane
$880,000$880,000
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$856,667$856,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$880,833$880,833
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LD
RFA - 3
Lamoureux, Maveric
$880,000$880,000
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 17, 2022 at 7:55 a.m.
Retaining $3million for 5 years? That's bold.
May 17, 2022 at 7:56 a.m.
Zero chance Petry waives to Seattle and the Kraken definitely shouldn't do that anyways
May 17, 2022 at 7:59 a.m.
Detroit will consider that offer. It depends on what happens in FA with Strome/Copp and Trocheck.
May 17, 2022 at 8:12 a.m.
Hide yo girl
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Zero chance Petry waives to Seattle and the Kraken definitely shouldn't do that anyways

Kraken accept that pretty easily. Habs definitely shouldn’t do that
May 17, 2022 at 8:12 a.m.
Hide yo girl
Seattle Winnipeg and Detroit trades are TERRIBLE for the Habs.
May 17, 2022 at 8:13 a.m.
I would take Gally at 3 mil retained.
May 17, 2022 at 8:14 a.m.
Quoting: JGDD11
Kraken accept that pretty easily. Habs definitely shouldn’t do that

Why would the Kraken accept? Barron is the only positive value there, whereas Gourde is easily worth him and probably more
May 17, 2022 at 8:16 a.m.
Hide yo girl
Why would the Kraken accept? Barron is the only positive value there, whereas Gourde is easily worth him and probably more

Petry had positive value and will fetch the Habs good return. Allen is an upgrade over Dreidger, Barron is a very good right D prospect. Maybe it’s just me but I’m not that high on Gourde. I think he’s a 3C on a contending team and that’s not Montreal. Doesn’t fit the Habs timeline.
Campabee liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 8:24 a.m.
Wings accept. I am assuming you can get a lot more in return though. Dvorak is still a solid 2/3 C.
Campabee liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 8:25 a.m.
Petry had positive value and will fetch the Habs good return. Allen is an upgrade over Dreidger, Barron is a very good right D prospect. Maybe it’s just me but I’m not that high on Gourde. I think he’s a 3C on a contending team and that’s not Montreal. Doesn’t fit the Habs timeline.

Petry has positive value? LMAO tears of joy The guy will be 35 next year and making over 6M for 3 more years, not to mention his clear decline this season. Gio was 35 when he won the Norris with 3 years left of term and I am quite confident nobody would have offered much at all for him then. Allen is an upgrade over Dreiger? Based on what? 1 season? Barron is a solid RD prospect, not amazing or anything but solid. Montreal went to the finals last year vs Tampa, how can you aren't high on Gourde? That's like saying you you don't think Danault is very good, whether he fits the Habs window or not does not take away from the player he is
May 17, 2022 at 8:40 a.m.
Pop Pop
Detroit gladly takes dvorak for a 3rd
May 17, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
Jets Accept… though we’d rather have Justin Barron… switch Gallagher with Barron… Seattle should still say yes and WPG will as well
Campabee liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
I would take Wright and Miroshnichenko in the first round and if your heart was set on Lamoreaux take him with the 33rd pick. Miro has health concerns but he is still a top 10 talent the same can't be said for Lamoureux.
MP55 liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 8:57 a.m.
Hide yo girl
Edited May 17, 2022 at 9:06 a.m.
Petry has positive value? LMAO tears of joy The guy will be 35 next year and making over 6M for 3 more years, not to mention his clear decline this season. Gio was 35 when he won the Norris with 3 years left of term and I am quite confident nobody would have offered much at all for him then. Allen is an upgrade over Dreiger? Based on what? 1 season? Barron is a solid RD prospect, not amazing or anything but solid. Montreal went to the finals last year vs Tampa, how can you aren't high on Gourde? That's like saying you you don't think Danault is very good, whether he fits the Habs window or not does not take away from the player he is

Just had to check what team you were a fan of and it doesn’t seem like there’s any reasoning with you. Petry returned to form under St. Louis and put up the same, if not better, numbers than he did last year when he garnered Norris votes, while playing on a way worse team who traded four good pieces away at the deadline. Considering the right D market lives and dies with Letang and Klingberg, some team will be left with a good top 4 d. Has Dallas ever shied away from a player because of his age? Does Philly even care about a player’s age as long as he can help them get better now? And I’m sure when Gio won the Norris the only thing you were thinking about was dumping the remainder of his contract because “oh my God he’s over 35!!!!!” Petry will return value, you’re just too set in your opinion and too stubborn to see that, and that’s okay, our arguments on this hockey site don’t affect anything in the nhl.

Allen has been a solid starter throughout his career. Dreidger was a backup for 35 games (35!!!!) on a very good Florida team and put up those numbers. How’d he do this year on the kraken? They were supposed to be solid defensively and still finished better in the standings than the Habs. Allen is 100% better and more proven than Dreidger.

Barron was the main piece in the Lehkonen trade, and Lehkonen was highly valued by the Canadiens and has been excellent for the avalanche. He’s a good d prospect who will stabilize the right side of the Canadiens top four for years to come.

Yes I saw how he performed on a stacked team in the Stanley cup final. He’s a nice player, but again, on a cup contending team he is a third line center. Montreal is anything but that. He’s making over $5 mil and is on the wrong side of 30. If Montreal wanted that they could’ve just paid Phil, who got a very similar contract. My argument here is that Montreal doesn’t make sense as a fit to trade for Gourde. Don’t get me wrong that he’s an excellent player on a contending team, but he’s not a top 6 center that I see people good trading prospects and picks to acquire.
pmorin21 liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 9:01 a.m.
Hide yo girl
Quoting: BatVader
Jets Accept… though we’d rather have Justin Barron… switch Gallagher with Barron… Seattle should still say yes and WPG will as well

Alright, though we’d rather have Cole Perfetti… switch Dillon with Perfetti… what’s that? Switching a veteran player that doesn’t fill the other team’s needs with a good prospect who will be a key part of your future doesn’t work for you?
pmorin21 liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 9:02 a.m.
Subbanator
Only two I would do are the Armia and Byron trades and their just to clear space. Byron you might have to send a pick with to get rid of though
pmorin21 liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
I love to make those kind of moves and to read you guys while I drink my coffee !!! Hahaah
MP55 liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
Just had to check what team you were a fan of and it doesn’t seem like there’s any reasoning with you. Petry returned to form under St. Louis and put up the same, if not better, numbers than he did last year when he garnered Norris votes, while playing on a way worse team who traded four good pieces away at the deadline. Considering the right D market lives and dies with Letang and Klingberg, some team will be left with a good top 4 d. Has Dallas ever shied away from a player because of his age? Does Philly even care about a player’s age as long as he can help them get better now? And I’m sure when Gio won the Norris the only thing you were thinking about was dumping the remainder of his contract because “oh my God he’s over 35!!!!!” Petry will return value, you’re just too set in your opinion and too stubborn to see that, and that’s okay, our arguments on this hockey site don’t affect anything in the nhl.

Allen has been a solid starter throughout his career. Dreidger was a backup for 35 games (35!!!!) on a very good Florida team and put up those numbers. How’d he do this year on the kraken? They were supposed to be solid defensively and still finished better in the standings than the Habs. Allen is 100% better and more proven than Dreidger.

Barron was the main piece in the Lehkonen trade, and Lehkonen was highly valued by the Canadiens and has been excellent for the avalanche. He’s a good d prospect who will stabilize the right side of the Canadiens top four for years to come.

Yes I saw how he performed on a stacked team in the Stanley cup final. He’s a nice player, but again, on a cup contending team he is a third line center. Montreal is anything but that. He’s making over $5 mil and is on the wrong side of 30. If Montreal wanted that they could’ve just paid Phil, who got a very similar contract. My argument here is that Montreal doesn’t make sense as a fit to trade for Gourde. Don’t get me wrong that he’s an excellent player on a contending team, but he’s not a top 6 center that I see people good trading prospects and picks to acquire.

How does me being a team of literally none of the teams involved in this have any relevance, if anything that should mean my views arent bias like yours probably are. Did he play better under St. Louis? Sure but thats a pretty small sample size and it didn't take long for that team to fall off it's coaching change hype and return to subpar. IF you think the RD market starts and ends with Letang and Klingberg you really dont know what you are talking about. You are also making assumptions on teams because they signed like 1 veteran to an expensive contract. This is not only about his age as we will probably see with Giroux this summer. It is about his age + cap hit + term + a clear struggle at points this season. Obviously I was never thinking about dumping Gio's contract, he was the team captain and was a vastly better player than Petry has or will ever be. I was giving an example and speaking hypothetically. But that's fine, you can keep living in a fantasy land where you think Petry will return good value but I'll be here when reality sets in.

Allen was a solid starter? Did you see him in St. Louis? The team was dead last in the league when he was their starter. They won the cup that year because Binnington took his job. He'sa decent backup but he simply cannot deal with the workload of being a starter. As for Dreidger, yes he was backup in Florida but their defense was not very good, they were like the Rangers this year where they just banked on their goalie to make the save and really didn't play much defense.

I'm aware who Barron is, he is a good prospect but probably peaks as a 2nd pair guy. He definitely isn't a lock to be a long term guy in the top 4 though.

I am not arguing Montreal's need or need-nots for Gourde. I agree they he doesn't make any sense to target, especially when they already have Dvorak (who is kinda a knock-off version of him). I was arguing about how you "werent high on Gourde" and used Danault as an example of an extremely similar player in both playstyle and caliber.
May 17, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
Cold spaghetti
That has to be one of the easiest trades Chevy would be offered lol
May 17, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Hide yo girl
How does me being a team of literally none of the teams involved in this have any relevance, if anything that should mean my views arent bias like yours probably are. Did he play better under St. Louis? Sure but thats a pretty small sample size and it didn't take long for that team to fall off it's coaching change hype and return to subpar. IF you think the RD market starts and ends with Letang and Klingberg you really dont know what you are talking about. You are also making assumptions on teams because they signed like 1 veteran to an expensive contract. This is not only about his age as we will probably see with Giroux this summer. It is about his age + cap hit + term + a clear struggle at points this season. Obviously I was never thinking about dumping Gio's contract, he was the team captain and was a vastly better player than Petry has or will ever be. I was giving an example and speaking hypothetically. But that's fine, you can keep living in a fantasy land where you think Petry will return good value but I'll be here when reality sets in.

Allen was a solid starter? Did you see him in St. Louis? The team was dead last in the league when he was their starter. They won the cup that year because Binnington took his job. He'sa decent backup but he simply cannot deal with the workload of being a starter. As for Dreidger, yes he was backup in Florida but their defense was not very good, they were like the Rangers this year where they just banked on their goalie to make the save and really didn't play much defense.

I'm aware who Barron is, he is a good prospect but probably peaks as a 2nd pair guy. He definitely isn't a lock to be a long term guy in the top 4 though.

I am not arguing Montreal's need or need-nots for Gourde. I agree they he doesn't make any sense to target, especially when they already have Dvorak (who is kinda a knock-off version of him). I was arguing about how you "werent high on Gourde" and used Danault as an example of an extremely similar player in both playstyle and caliber.

One of us will be right on Petry. I’m standing firm on my belief that he will return solid value in a trade, at least a second round pick. I will gladly eat my words and accept defeat if I am wrong, and hopefully you’ll do the same if you are wrong, but we’re not really going anywhere on this debate and neither is AGM as a whole. We’ll see what the return is.

Yeah Dreidger had a nice run with Florida, but he was bad this year with Seattle. I was debating Allen being better for Seattle as a backup where they could flip him at the deadline at 50% retained and get a pretty good return while getting rid of the Dreidger contract. Allen will never be a good starter, but a solid 30 game backup making 1.4 once retention is factored in is pretty enticing to some teams. Allen is just more valuable than Dreidger to that effect.

Looking back at my first argument, I realize I poorly articulated how I felt about gourde. I’ve seen at least a dozen Habs AGMs trading for gourde and playing him in the top 6. That’s not who he is, and the Habs will still be bad next year and gourde won’t change that, that’s also why I was sort of happy danault walked; the Habs would be stuck in a spot where they weren’t good enough to make the playoffs and weren’t bad enough to tank if he was still here, and I think gourde does the same thing, especially when factoring in you have to give up Barron and Petry to do that.
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
May 17, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
Banned
Detroit passes, No need for Dvorak.

Petry isn't waving to be 2,400 miles from his wife and kids. They've already said that he wants to be as close to home near Detroit as humanly possible. I still say Buffalo, Columbus or Pittsburgh make the most sense.

Kris Letang wants around $8,000,000 x 4 years he's not signing in Montreal for less after coming off a 68 point season.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll