Forums/Armchair-GM

Likely outcome

Created by: MTLaveragefan
Team: 2022-23 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: May 18, 2022
Published: May 18, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I don't expect Kent Hughes to do big changes this offseason a part from the obvious - shedding cap and bottom 6 luxury players and trading Petry.

I don't expect big signings, nor do I expect any players wanting to sign in MTL.

BUT, I don't expect the habs to be competing for last place next season. I expect a bounce back from Gally, Drouin (last contract year) and Dvorak.

I want to bring back Tatar to kickstart Gally - he need his old linemate.

THE LINES:

Drouin, Jonathan - Suzuki, Nick - Caufield, Cole

I am expecting a big season from Drouin in his last contract year... all player play better then. He will be put on Suzuki's line to feed Caufield the puck.

It will be the best linemates he ever got while playing in MTL. He never played with better players.

That line will be terrible defensivly but will be spectacular. If we are going to lose, we are gonna have a show on the ice.

CC revenge tour had already begun... he 100% getting 30 this year.

Tatar, Tomas - Wright, Shane - Gallagher, Brendan

I want to bring back Tatar to kickstart Gally - he need his old linemate.

I want to recreate one of the best 5v5 line in the last few year... but with Shane Wright instead of Danault.

The two veterans can show him how its done. It a good position for SW to learn.

Team will take a lot of defensive mission, but will ended up often in the O-zone.

Ylönen, Jesse - Dvorak, Christian - Anderson, Josh

I want Ylonen in the line-up this year. He's got great potential and deserves a shot.

This is Anderson default line as he is too inconsistent. Will move up and down the line-up with Drouin.

Harvey-Pinard, Rafaël - Evans, Jake - Byron, Paul

Same for RHP.
This line will be a good forcheck line with a lot of defensive responsibility

THE D CORE:

This D core will be a most violent one. They won't be good. but they will block shot and chose violence every night.

Teams will hate to play against the habs (the will win... but will be bruised like hell)

Edmundson, Joel - Savard, David

Most mobile Duo in the league ahahah.
The corner and net front will be a hostile place.
I expect a bounce back from Savard in term of speed... expecting him to shed 15lbs this offseason.

Romanov, Alexander - Subban, P.K.

I know PK is probably not coming back to MTL... but lets be honest that it would be unbelievably cute to have Romy be mentored by PK... like Markov did for the latter. Come on.... you can't write it better than
that.

This reminds me of Emelin and Subban, very mobile and A LOT of TUNDEROUS hits... (and a few slewfoots)

Guhle, Kaiden - Xhekaj, Arber

Guhle and Xhekaj are known to be pretty violent and physical. They will get an opportunity to crush some ribs on a daily.
They will somehow become the best MTL pair by the end of the season, but will get exposed at the start of the season.

Therefore, i expect a rotation with Harris and Schunerman

I also expect them to be split up with Savard and Eddy.

Harris, Jordan
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
4$3,800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3$925,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Nyquist, Gustav
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (CBJ)
MTL
    ANY TEAM -
    ARI
    1. Armia, Joel
    2. Hoffman, Mike
    3. 2022 3rd round pick (MTL)
    MTL
    1. 2023 3rd round pick (WSH)
    Additional Details:
    7.8M in cap for 1.3M of salary - golden for ARI
    NJD
    1. Nyquist, Gustav ($1,000,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    same cap
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$74,536,665$1,132,500$1,777,500$7,963,335
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Wright, Shane
    $925,000$925,000
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    $880,833$880,833
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $825,000$825,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    UFA
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 3
    $828,333$828,333
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 18, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Any team probably don't nothing to with Hoffman or Armia $$$$ or term, especially if they can't send cap back to the Habs
    May 18, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
    I post sometimes
    Quoting: palhal
    Any team probably don't nothing to with Hoffman or Armia $$$$ or term, especially if they can't send cap back to the Habs

Hoffman at 4M for 2 years is moveable... Armia might be harder. But we can keep one of them in that case.

Would switch some contracts for sure.
    May 18, 2022 at 10:56 a.m.
    Jacket decline. I wouldn’t trade a 2nd for Petry, so I definitely wouldn’t add a player. Maybe if it was Petry and a 2nd for Nyquist, but I still would probably pass, as I don’t think Petry is a good fit for the Jackets with his age and that contract.
    Ajp_18 and AndrewPawlack liked this.
    May 18, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
    Tony Ferguson Fan
    Dont sign PK and dont even try to compare him to Markov please. Play Romy with Savard, they were good together last year. Play Edmunson with Barron or Harris. Evaluate Guhle and Xhekaj at the training camp. Play one of them in Laval and the other with Shueneman/Wideman/Harris/Barron.
    May 18, 2022 at 11:07 a.m.
    Tony Ferguson Fan
    Quoting: BoomerTheHero
    Jacket decline. I wouldn’t trade a 2nd for Petry, so I definitely wouldn’t add a player. Maybe if it was Petry and a 2nd for Nyquist, but I still would probably pass, as I don’t think Petry is a good fit for the Jackets with his age and that contract.

Petry is worth more than a 2nd imo. He was on a 34 point pace if it wasnt for missed games. He had something like 8 points in 40 games under Ducharme, but when he came back under St-Louis he started playing like he did the previous years. Everyone on the habs was awfull under Ducharme.

This is a guy who was in conversation for the Norris last year at one point, and he has 4 season in a row with at least 40 points (before this season).

RHD are very valuable these days and team are willing to pay a premium for them, like we saw with the Ristolainen and Seth Jones trades.

For a team like Pittsburg, to replace Letang or Dallas to replace Klingberg, he could be a good fit.
    May 18, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
    Quoting: Otterisgoat
    Petry is worth more than a 2nd imo. He was on a 34 point pace if it wasnt for missed games. He had something like 8 points in 40 games under Ducharme, but when he came back under St-Louis he started playing like he did the previous years. Everyone on the habs was awfull under Ducharme.

This is a guy who was in conversation for the Norris last year at one point, and he has 4 season in a row with at least 40 points (before this season).

RHD are very valuable these days and team are willing to pay a premium for them, like we saw with the Ristolainen and Seth Jones trades.

For a team like Pittsburg, to replace Letang or Dallas to replace Klingberg, he could be a good fit.

You could be right, we’ll see what he gets. He isn’t worth that to the Jackets is my main point. And to the Risto and Jones comparisons, he is 7 years older then they are. I think if a team was willing to give a 2nd for him, we would have seen him moved to a contender at the TDL. But again you could be right, and he might get a 2nd+ return in the offseason, I just really hope it’s not us that does that.
    Ajp_18 and AndrewPawlack liked this.
    May 18, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.
    18 lotteries, 0 wins
    Quoting: Otterisgoat

Yeah he was worth that 2 years ago, not anymore. Making 6.25 till he's 37 that is extremely risky deal to take on and lowers his value. If he picks it up again though as other MTL guys did after the coaching change, maybe part with that 2nd and a mid prospect, not nyquist. But I would want his contract retained, which for that many years left doesn't make sense for MTL to do either. You may just be stuck with him unless you contract dump him to a rebuilder, not a team trying to step up to a wild card spot.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll