2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
2$3,750,000
2$1,250,000
1$750,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Quick, Jonathan ($1,800,000 retained)
LAK
  1. Mrázek, Petr
  2. 2023 4th round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Kane, Patrick ($5,250,000 retained)
CHI
  1. Knies, Matthew [Reserve List]
  2. Sandin, Rasmus [RFA Rights]
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (WPG)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2022 4th round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$70,484,560$212,500$850,000$11,015,440
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
-$2,625,000-$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$834,167$834,167
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
G
RFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 18, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
Every team says no so fast that it becomes not fun.
May 18, 2022 at 1:26 p.m.
El_Dub
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Every team says no so fast that it becomes not fun.

What do you think Toronto needs to add to each trade then to make them more realistic?
May 18, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
The Kings are not giving away their future Hall of Fame goaltender.
May 18, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
El_Dub
Quoting: tkecanuck341
The Kings are not giving away their future Hall of Fame goaltender.

I figured with one year left and Cal Peterson being the goalie for the near future, Mrazek could split the load with him for 2 years. Last year notwithstanding, Mrazek has shown previously to be a decent goalie when platooned as a 1a/1b

I mean Toronto could add a prospect or another pick but i didn't think they needed to overpay for JQ at the twilight of his career.

I would imagine the Kings would talk to JQ before any trade happens and see if he is interested in trying to chase a cup, but this is just hypothetical
May 18, 2022 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: El_Dub
What do you think Toronto needs to add to each trade then to make them more realistic?

I'll give you credit for adding in your top prospects (Robertson and Knies) to the deals instead of lesser guys. But let's go through each one:

Nashville -- After all the swaps, you're asking the Predators to take on $6.67 mil in cap hit (total) and taking away their two best prospects/young players in Jeannot and Askarov. Nylander is a good player, but Nashville still has to try to navigate signing Forsberg in addition to figuring out the path that the organization wants to take. This just isn't something that the Preds could do at all, regardless of what you added. At a certain point, Toronto runs out of assets.

LA -- Mrazek is a cap dump, plain and simple. You're asking the Kings to send you one of their franchise icons who just played an incredible season the year before he likely retires. And you're asking LA to retain on that trade AND add a pick to it. For starters, you've got the pick going the wrong direction. Next, it would have to be significantly better than a 4th rounder. And lastly, it just won't happen. LA isn't trading Quick.

Kane -- You're asking a team to retain nearly 6mil on a star player. For illustration purposes, it took a 1st rounder for Toronto to dump 6mil of Marleau's contract. Kane the player is worth the prospects and picks you have. Kane's retention is worth at least another 1st.

At least, that's how I view the trades.
SociallyHawkward liked this.
May 18, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
Banned
I'll give you credit for adding in your top prospects (Robertson and Knies) to the deals instead of lesser guys. But let's go through each one:

Nashville -- After all the swaps, you're asking the Predators to take on $6.67 mil in cap hit (total) and taking away their two best prospects/young players in Jeannot and Askarov. Nylander is a good player, but Nashville still has to try to navigate signing Forsberg in addition to figuring out the path that the organization wants to take. This just isn't something that the Preds could do at all, regardless of what you added. At a certain point, Toronto runs out of assets.

LA -- Mrazek is a cap dump, plain and simple. You're asking the Kings to send you one of their franchise icons who just played an incredible season the year before he likely retires. And you're asking LA to retain on that trade AND add a pick to it. For starters, you've got the pick going the wrong direction. Next, it would have to be significantly better than a 4th rounder. And lastly, it just won't happen. LA isn't trading Quick.

Kane -- You're asking a team to retain nearly 6mil on a star player. For illustration purposes, it took a 1st rounder for Toronto to dump 6mil of Marleau's contract. Kane the player is worth the prospects and picks you have. Kane's retention is worth at least another 1st.

i dont think chi gets more than that
May 18, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
I figured with one year left and Cal Peterson being the goalie for the near future, Mrazek could split the load with him for 2 years. Last year notwithstanding, Mrazek has shown previously to be a decent goalie when platooned as a 1a/1b

I mean Toronto could add a prospect or another pick but i didn't think they needed to overpay for JQ at the twilight of his career.

I would imagine the Kings would talk to JQ before any trade happens and see if he is interested in trying to chase a cup, but this is just hypothetical

I think LA might be just as close to chasing a Cup as Toronto.
May 18, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
El_Dub

Just to clarify, I have the pick going to LA as part of the Mrazek deal... But if quick is a no go, I'm sure they could find another comparable goalie for short term
PuckLuck_77 liked this.
May 18, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: vr1995
i dont think chi gets more than that

The dude just put up 92 points in 78 games on an absolutely HORRENDOUS team. He's older sure, but since he dictates where he goes with his NMC, you can be sure he'll go to a place he's likely to re-sign for much cheaper in an "end-of-career" type contract.

I dislike Kane and I dislike the Hawks, but the entire organization should fold if they only get 2 prospects and a couple third round picks for Kane.
May 18, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
Just to clarify, I have the pick going to LA as part of the Mrazek deal... But if quick is a no go, I'm sure they could find another comparable goalie for short term

Ah. Not sure why I misread that pick part. My apologies.

Regardless, speaking purely value, the pick isn't good enough to entice LA into being a spot for the Mrazek dump and retaining on their franchise goaltender.
May 18, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.
El_Dub
Quoting: tkecanuck341
I think LA might be just as close to chasing a Cup as Toronto.

I mean they finished with 16 less points than Toronto and are still building for the future. Toronto is already in their "cup window" and it is closing.

So unless they think they are legitimate cup contenders next year, I dont know why they wouldn't at least consider the idea of moving JQ for assets if he is willing to go.

But, I get you LA funs love JQ so nevermind haha
May 18, 2022 at 1:56 p.m.
El_Dub
The dude just put up 92 points in 78 games on an absolutely HORRENDOUS team. He's older sure, but since he dictates where he goes with his NMC, you can be sure he'll go to a place he's likely to re-sign for much cheaper in an "end-of-career" type contract.

I dislike Kane and I dislike the Hawks, but the entire organization should fold if they only get 2 prospects and a couple third round picks for Kane.

2 of the leafs top prospects. I could switch out the 2 3rds for 1st. I thought that was a bit much for a rental, regardless of how good he is.
May 18, 2022 at 1:57 p.m.
El_Dub
I am actually surprised that out of all of this, the thing I am getting torched on is the Jonathon Quick deal... hahah
May 18, 2022 at 2:07 p.m.
2 of the leafs top prospects. I could switch out the 2 3rds for 1st. I thought that was a bit much for a rental, regardless of how good he is.

Like I said, because he can dictate where he lands I think there's a high chance of re-signing him for much cheaper than his current contract. I doubt it would be just a single year of Kane. He's not going to want to move constantly in the twilight of his career.

I am actually surprised that out of all of this, the thing I am getting torched on is the Jonathon Quick deal... hahah

It's an indication of three things: 1) How good Quick was this year. 2) How other teams realize that a movement of Mrazek is just Toronto realizing the mistake they made with his contract and backpedaling. He was NOT good this year, to put it mildly, and to top it off he is oft-injured. Not the traits someone wants in a goaltender they are trading for.

And 3) Granted, tkecanuck and I are both Kings fans, so it makes sense that one is the one we can talk to the most.
May 18, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
Banned

his 10.5 is crazy, and he may be one of if not the worst defensive forwards in hockey, and like someone said 2 very good prospects, one of which the hawks already tried to acquire
May 18, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
That is horrid for LA. One year of Quick (and you want retention also) is supremely better than two years of Mrzarek.
Nashville keeps their three cheap young NHLers.....instead of 10.5m of a combined Nylander and Kerfoot...who are under control for just three years combined and Robertson.
May 18, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.
Nah.
CBJ could use Holl's size on the right side.

I'd counter with Emil Bemstrom instead of the 4th. Young, some scoring touch, has run out of spots with CBJ.
May 18, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.
El_Dub
Quoting: palhal
That is horrid for LA. One year of Quick (and you want retention also) is supremely better than two years of Mrzarek.
Nashville keeps their three cheap young NHLers.....instead of 10.5m of a combined Nylander and Kerfoot...who are under control for just three years combined and Robertson.

Askarov is currently behind Saros (there 27 year old starter whos signed for another 3 years) and possibly Ingram on the depth chart. He is a high draft pick with potential, but not a guarantee.

Jeannot had a good year, but realistically is an undrafted player that had one good year (shooting at just over19%). Scissions is a depth piece who is a legitimate 3rd liner.

Nylander would be to fill the void left by Forsberg if they are unable to resign him. They would also have cap room to extend Kerfoot for a similar price point which is not a bad option for a versatile forward that can play anywhere in their lineup. Robertson is a high draft pick with potential who hasn't had a real shot in the leafs lineup so far. I think there is value there and a potential trade could be made for a prospect goalie, an undrafted forward with one year NHL experience and a 3rd line winger.

This deal would obviously change if they re-sign Forsberg
May 18, 2022 at 4:37 p.m.
El_Dub
Quoting: dopplsan
CBJ could use Holl's size on the right side.

I'd counter with Emil Bemstrom instead of the 4th. Young, some scoring touch, has run out of spots with CBJ.

Deal
May 18, 2022 at 4:43 p.m.
El_Dub
Like I said, because he can dictate where he lands I think there's a high chance of re-signing him for much cheaper than his current contract. I doubt it would be just a single year of Kane. He's not going to want to move constantly in the twilight of his career.

It's an indication of three things: 1) How good Quick was this year. 2) How other teams realize that a movement of Mrazek is just Toronto realizing the mistake they made with his contract and backpedaling. He was NOT good this year, to put it mildly, and to top it off he is oft-injured. Not the traits someone wants in a goaltender they are trading for.

And 3) Granted, tkecanuck and I are both Kings fans, so it makes sense that one is the one we can talk to the most.

Ok, forget Quick. Leafs send Mrazek to Arizona or anywhere else who will take him (with a pick or prospect obviously) and just re-sign Campbell or get a UFA goalie (Fleury, Holtby, Husso, etc)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll