Forums/Armchair-GM

Seattle Through the Years 2021-22

Created by: JustanIdea
Team: 2021-22 Seattle Kraken
Initial Creation Date: May 19, 2022
Published: May 19, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I will be making a Seattle team as if I was there GM and how it would go.
Everything has basically been done for this season so I will do the draft

Draft Day Trades: At the start of Day two Ottawa and Seattle make a deal:

To OTT:
Vincent Dunn

To SEA:
Roby Jarventie
Matt Murray
Colin White
Nikita Zaitsev
Phillipe Daoust
Lassi Thomson
OTT 2022 2nd Round pick

Seattle also makes a deal on Day 2.

To STL
2022 2nd round pick FLA

To SEA
Leo Loof
2022 3rd round pick STL

To PHI
Joonas Donskoi

To Sea
Emil Andrae
James Van Riemsdyk
2022 3rd round pick

With that in mind here is the draft:

2022 Draft Seattle
4 OA David Jirichek (They get there potential franchise defenseman that to me at least looks a lot like Viktor Hedman and is capable of being a decent two way threat while prioritizing D.)

Day 2
36 OA (Jiri Kulich) (He falls a little bit and Seattle picks up the offensive winger who could pair well with a good playmaker and could add to a powerplay)
39 OA Elias Salomonsson (Seattle goes with a future partner of Jirichek and a player that could potenially stabilize any pairing)
49 OA Lane Huston ( Seattle with their bulk of picks goes out and gets a potential star candidate that probably will have fallen due to his size. He could be a future powerplay quaterback.)
47 OA Julien Lutz (They go out and get a big bodied forward that can create space and score while creating space for the more skilled forwards to go out and do their stuff)
69 OA Calle Odelius (Ends up falling right into Seattles hands and they get another future potential partner for Jirichek)
70 OA Tomas Hamara (Another defenseman that is steady and solid and can contribute to the blueline from the Left side I believe)
90 OA Topi Ronni (Seattle gets a solid player that probably ends up being a third line NHL forward but does have room to grow)
102 OA (Vinzenz Rohrer (They get a solid two way forward that has the potential to be a decent middle six forward that can contribute in all situations)
117 OA Lucas Edmonds ( He gets a Shane Wright effect but could be a huge steal in the 5th round. Also has pretty good size and has a good scoring touch.)
127 OA Ben King (They go with an overage center that can score and see where he ends up but he could be a decent pick if his scoring translates to the NHL and profesional level.)
134 OA Brady Stonehouse ( A Tkachuk like player they get an aggitator that could be a very good bottom six complementary scoring option)
170 OA Brett Brochu (They get themselves a potential goalie of the future that has already seen some time at the World Junior championships.)
206 OA Hugo Havelid ( A potential Juuse Saros type goalie he goes in the seventh round a Seattle watches his development viewing him as the goalie of the future.
Trades
SEA
  1. Daoust, Philippe [RFA Rights]
  2. Järventie, Roby
  3. Murray, Matt
  4. Thomson, Lassi
  5. White, Colin
  6. Zaitsev, Nikita
  7. 2022 2nd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
This is basically two trades in one as Ottawa gets a bona fida top four defensemen in Dunn and gets out of the contracts of Murray, Zaitsev, and White. So I'll kinda explain it in two seperate trades with the first one being the Dunn trade and the second one being the Murray-Zaitsev trade.

1. This trade is primairily Jarventie and Thomson for Dunn and I get that those are two pretty good prospects for Ottawa but Ottawa does need a top four defensemen and Dunn is pretty good all over the ice and is a physical defenseman that can score and that plays pretty well into DJ Smith's system. Jarventie and Thomson are also blocked on the way to the NHL level as there is more depth there. I also think that the Sens will keep and prioritize JBD cause other than Zub they don't have a defensemen with the same profile.

2. The trade is pretty much White, Murray, Zaitsev, and Daoust for nothing as that's 15 million in cap dumps and that allows the Sens to pay Stutzle, Sanderson, Pinto, and Norris in the coming years and that cap space does allow them to add on more freely in the coming years. Plus it allows Seattle to get to the Cap floor and Daoust is pretty much in the same boat as Jarventie and Thomson in that he doesn't really have a path to the NHL. Plus he is a way's away but does have good scoring talent.
OTT
  1. Dunn, Vince
Additional Details:
Ottawa gets a cost controlled young top four defensemen that is an RFA at the end of his contract that can contribute at all ends of the ice and would probably fit well in DJ Smith's system and would give them a more balanced defense core as he is kinda a very similar but less talented Chabot.
SEA
  1. Lööf, Leo [Reserve List]
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
This is a pretty simple trade where STL sees a player that they can't believe is still on the board and desperately want so they go out of there way to get him and trade Loof who looks like a physical third pairing defenseman and a third to draft up a round cause Seattle has an abundance of picks.
STL
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
This is assuming that Florida makes it to atleast the third round.
SEA
  1. Andrae, Emil [Reserve List]
  2. van Riemsdyk, James
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Philly gets out from JVR contracts and gets a potential 20 goal scorer that can complement the top players quite well and provide important depth scoring. They also loss a third and a decent defensive prospect but that is much less valuable than getting ride of JVR contract and getting a potential 20 goal and important depth piece for half of the price.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,779,166$0$82,500$5,720,834

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$5,900,000$5,900,000
G
NTC
UFA - 6
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 19, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
Banned
Somehow Vince Dunn doesn't return 7 pieces. Not even Jack Eichel got that kind of return.
May 19, 2022 at 6:54 p.m.
Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
Somehow Vince Dunn doesn't return 7 pieces. Not even Jack Eichel got that kind of return.

not sure if its a joke comment. half of these pieces are cap dump seattle does not want.
JustanIdea liked this.
May 19, 2022 at 6:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: drambui
not sure if its a joke comment. half of these pieces are cap dump seattle does not want.

It's not a joke comment, And i agree neither team does it. Dunn probably returns 2 2nd rounders and a bunch of scrap does Seattle no good.
May 19, 2022 at 7:07 p.m.
Xercuses
I like loof so id rather just add another pick instead or a diffrent prospect
May 19, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
Serf
SEA
Daoust, Philippe [RFA Rights]
Järventie, Roby
Zaitsev, Nikita
White, Colin
Murray, Matt
Thomson, Lassi
2022 2nd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
This is basically two trades in one as Ottawa gets a bona fida top four defensemen in Dunn and gets out of the contracts of Murray, Zaitsev, and White. So I'll kinda explain it in two seperate trades with the first one being the Dunn trade and the second one being the Murray-Zaitsev trade.

1. This trade is primairily Jarventie and Thomson for Dunn and I get that those are two pretty good prospects for Ottawa but Ottawa does need a top four defensemen and Dunn is pretty good all over the ice and is a physical defenseman that can score and that plays pretty well into DJ Smith's system. Jarventie and Thomson are also blocked on the way to the NHL level as there is more depth there. I also think that the Sens will keep and prioritize JBD cause other than Zub they don't have a defensemen with the same profile.

2. The trade is pretty much White, Murray, Zaitsev, and Daoust for nothing as that's 15 million in cap dumps and that allows the Sens to pay Stutzle, Sanderson, Pinto, and Norris in the coming years and that cap space does allow them to add on more freely in the coming years. Plus it allows Seattle to get to the Cap floor and Daoust is pretty much in the same boat as Jarventie and Thomson in that he doesn't really have a path to the NHL. Plus he is a way's away but does have good scoring talent.
OTT
Dunn, Vince
Additional Details:
Ottawa gets a cost controlled young top four defensemen that is an RFA at the end of his contract that can contribute at all ends of the ice and would probably fit well in DJ Smith's system and would give them a more balanced defense core as he is kinda a very similar but less talented Chabot.

Ottawa says no
May 19, 2022 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy
Ottawa says no

As much as I appreciate thinking outside the box, it's difficult to imagine Ottawa would part with so much to acquire Dunn when the hole in the top 4 would be on the right beside Chabot and Sanderson and Dunn shoots left.
sensibleguy liked this.
May 19, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
As much as I appreciate thinking outside the box, it's difficult to imagine Ottawa would part with so much to acquire Dunn when the hole in the top 4 would be on the right beside Chabot and Sanderson and Dunn shoots left.

Agreed, that was the first reason on my list of about half a dozen, lol

I don’t think people appreciate some Ottawa players after so much negativity tweeted about them. I enjoy pointing out the facts to that negativity, lol
TheBoyDuddus liked this.
May 19, 2022 at 8:43 p.m.
I don't think stl makes that trade. They don't trade up that often and usually it's with draft picks and not prospects they have already picked
May 19, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: Tennisman142
I don't think stl makes that trade. They don't trade up that often and usually it's with draft picks and not prospects they have already picked

Probably, I just really like they way that Loof plays and wanted to go out and get him.
May 19, 2022 at 10:31 p.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy
Agreed, that was the first reason on my list of about half a dozen, lol

I don’t think people appreciate some Ottawa players after so much negativity tweeted about them. I enjoy pointing out the facts to that negativity, lol

I'm actually an Ottawa fan and I wanted to conceptualize what a Dunn trade would look like and I though of this, where Ottawa gets ride of all their cap dumps and gives Seattle two pieces that will be important in Thomson and Jarventie that Ottawa probably doesn't need.

I also think that if Dunn is available for not all that much then Ottawa should run to get him cause he is a top four defenseman capable of playing both sides and he would make a pretty darn good partner for Sanderson considering that they play very similarly. I also wanted Jarventie cause if you paired him with Bedard then that could become the Mikko Rantanen Nathan McKinnon pairing. And I viewed Thomson as an important complementary piece of the 2nRD behind Jirichek.

This really is more of a pipe dream but these are the types of players that I would want if I was Seattle. I would also tank for Bedard cause then you'd have a semi-local superstar that would sell huge amounts of tickets.
May 19, 2022 at 10:34 p.m.
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus

Yeah, but at least he plays both sides and is cost controlled and for at least 3+ years. He is also quite young. If there was a defenseman like that on the RD I really think Ottawa should be asking.

Actually if the Penguins are serious about trading Marino which I doubt they are then I could see Ottawa dealing futures to go and get him. Again this is more of a pipe dream and I'm just having fun thinking about what Seattle could do in the coming years.

Have a good day smile
May 19, 2022 at 11:42 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: JustanIdea
I'm actually an Ottawa fan and I wanted to conceptualize what a Dunn trade would look like and I though of this, where Ottawa gets ride of all their cap dumps and gives Seattle two pieces that will be important in Thomson and Jarventie that Ottawa probably doesn't need.

I also think that if Dunn is available for not all that much then Ottawa should run to get him cause he is a top four defenseman capable of playing both sides and he would make a pretty darn good partner for Sanderson considering that they play very similarly. I also wanted Jarventie cause if you paired him with Bedard then that could become the Mikko Rantanen Nathan McKinnon pairing. And I viewed Thomson as an important complementary piece of the 2nRD behind Jirichek.

This really is more of a pipe dream but these are the types of players that I would want if I was Seattle. I would also tank for Bedard cause then you'd have a semi-local superstar that would sell huge amounts of tickets.

Rethink the Dunn trade where these three players;

Zaitsev, Nikita
White, Colin
Murray, Matt

Aren't cap dumps

Does Zaitsev make more than he should? Probably, but not so much more that he needs to be dumped. Dumping a players salary means his cap hit far exceeds his worth, AND, the team needs cap space now. I've proven Zaitsev's worth.

White might make more than he seems to be worth, but looking at his advanced stats, his PDO, his age and ability to take another step up, and his contract isn't as bad as some would have people believe, but regardless, the chatter is about buying him out at 1/3 cost (a bad idea), not spending assets to dump him, that's just ridiculous.

Murray is suffering from concussion symptoms. He's either healthy and playing well, which isn't a cap dump, or he goes back into concussion protocol and LTIR where his contract doesn't affect the cap. Definitely not a cap dump.

Sure 25 year old Dunn can play the right side, but so can 21 year old, natural right shot, Lassi Thomson. There's no rush to promote Thomson or JBD with Zaitsev, Hamonic, and Zub on the team, not to mention Brannstrom. No assets needed to be used to acquire them.

Getting Dunn isn't really needed anymore, maybe 1-2 seasons ago, but not anymore. Sanderson has arrived, and Brannstrom is still available.

This is just a lot of giving for something that isn't needed
May 20, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
It's not a joke comment, And i agree neither team does it. Dunn probably returns 2 2nd rounders and a bunch of scrap does Seattle no good.

i get that, but you also said eichel doesnt get that return and its a way worse return!
May 20, 2022 at 10:42 a.m.
the Sens trade is wild but I kinda like it lmao. As you say, it's essentially Thomson and Jarventie for Dunn, and Daoust and a 2nd to shed Murray and Zaitsev. White isn't really important for the Sens to get rid of, so he's just kinda there. I think it's probably overpaying a bit for Dunn, but it would probably cost the Sens more than a 2nd and Daoust to get rid of both Murray and Zaitsev in separate deals. The whole thing is probably a bit too rich and Seattle does make out like bandits frankly, stocking the cupboards a lot. It's a very fun, out-of-the-box idea though, and I like the idea of the Sens targetting Dunn.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll