SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

What post of yours are you the most proud of?

May 20, 2022 at 11:51 a.m.
cautious optimism
Can be an ACGM, a mock-draft, a regular forum post, or a comment.

Personally, it's this ACGM from back in December, "Ideas for the trade deadline and next year that i came up with on the fly". Probably my best-recieved serious ACGM.

What's yours?
May 20, 2022 at 2:44 p.m.
My 2021 Draft Grades post. Put a lot of effort into it. I feel like it stands up to the test of time pretty well too. My Zellweger take and maybe my Lucius take are the only ones I’d revise.
May 20, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
me wan da poonani
Edited May 20, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/543824 (i'm too stupid to embed the link in text no bully pls)
I like this one cus I'd like to think it laid the groundwork for the "Fiala Wars" between Minny and Devils fans in AGM.
Yes, Littlefinger was my favorite GoT character, how could you tell?

Quoting: Alfie11
My 2021 Draft Grades post. Put a lot of effort into it. I feel like it stands up to the test of time pretty well too. My Zellweger take and maybe my Lucius take are the only ones I’d revise.

Only been a year so much can still change.
Think your take on NJD is still very much on point tho.

Quoting: Bobcat205
Can be an ACGM, a mock-draft, a regular forum post, or a comment.

Personally, it's this ACGM from back in December, "Ideas for the trade deadline and next year that i came up with on the fly". Probably my best-recieved serious ACGM.

What's yours?

After selling at 2023 TDL, that roster still looks surprisingly competitive, especially that forward group.
I'm very impressed with how quickly Kekkeläinen went from going all in just a few seasons ago to now having a ton of foundational pieces on which he can build a contender.
Feel like Columbus and New Jersey are gonna start pushing the Caps, Pens and Isles out from the WC spots sooner rather than later, as those Metro teams continue aging.
May 20, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
It’s my first time back on the website in a few weeks, and no better time for some CapFriendly nostalgia.

Some of my favourites are just my sh*tpost Armchair GMs that are just weird and wacky that I put together in 5 minutes. Here are a few examples:
Jack Quinn Hughes
Getting Older and Slower
Worst team in history to Cup champions
Cloning dark science secrets only the Sith knew

In terms of me not being a moron, I’m quite proud of some of the posts that I crafted talking about certain topics back when I was really into hockey. Writing hockey analysis has helped me practice my writing just as much as English class has. Although those posts aren’t very easy to find unless I know what I’m looking for which I don’t. Most of them will be on the various trade & signing threads.

There’s also a whole bunch of Armchair Teams where I spent so much time and effort going into every minutiae I could as a fan, like player numbers, specific performance bonuses, waivers eligibility, and all the other stuff projecting out so far in advance. Even if I am more jaded and would never put anywhere near that much effort into hockey again, I’m still proud of what I did and I’m happy for my past self that I was able to experience being completely engrossed in every possible facet of the habs that I could, and being as knowledgeable about them as any other fan.

Also I predicted that the habs would trade David Schlemko to Philadelphia for David Schlemko a few months before it happened, which is sort of fun.
May 20, 2022 at 4:02 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
All my posts of Lehkonen for 1st + 2nd
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:56 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
All my posts of Lehkonen for 1st + 2nd

nice one

but barron and 2nd doesnt rlly count as 1st and 2nd
Jan. 15, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: capsfan2121
nice one

but barron and 2nd doesnt rlly count as 1st and 2nd

Barron is a 1st, sorry.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 5:16 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Barron is a 1st, sorry.

does that mean Filip Johansson count as a first too or Nicolas Beaudin.
A_Habs_fan and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: capsfan2121
does that mean Filip Johansson count as a first too or Nicolas Beaudin.

You honestly can't tell the difference between Barron and those 2.
Also I'm not interested in talking with you.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll