SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Joonas Korpisalo (1 Year / $1,300,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 21, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
thought he would go elsewhere for a change of scenery. I still think he has some upside, but Elvis is going to get the bulk of the starts, so its not ideal for Korps. Losing Kivlenkis and Seth Jones didnt make it any easier for Columbus goalies, but I expect both of them to rebound next year.
May 21, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
I

'Um our backup is making 750k rn lul

So no we dont wish we could have our name on a contract like that as we got a cheaper one'

so then youre counting Mrazek as your starter? even in the minors his caphit doesnt completely disappear.
May 22, 2022 at 12:12 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: aadoyle
Um our backup is making 750k rn lul

So no we dont wish we could have our name on a contract like that as we got a cheaper one

I guess you are talking about Toronto... Mrazek is the backup at 3.8M, which is awfull.
May 22, 2022 at 1:28 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 22, 2022 at 1:37 a.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
I guess you are talking about Toronto... Mrazek is the backup at 3.8M, which is awfull.

Mrazek isn't a backup he's a tandem goalie or a 1b as some refer to it at this point in his career. But if needed he can be a starter. Now Kallgren by definition is a backup

Would suggest checking next time

Only reason he played the same amount of games as a backup is 3 groin injuries. If the original plan was fulfilled he and Campbell would have played 41 games each and that's more than what a backup does.

Besides Mrazek is due for a bounce back. We all saw how good he was against Florida and NJ before his groin gave out killing the comeback. Guaranted if he didn't get hurt he would have challenged for the starting job game 1
May 22, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: aadoyle
Mrazek isn't a backup he's a tandem goalie or a 1b as some refer to it at this point in his career. But if needed he can be a starter. Now Kallgren by definition is a backup

Would suggest checking next time

Only reason he played the same amount of games as a backup is 3 groin injuries. If the original plan was fulfilled he and Campbell would have played 41 games each and that's more than what a backup does.

Besides Mrazek is due for a bounce back. We all saw how good he was against Florida and NJ before his groin gave out killing the comeback. Guaranted if he didn't get hurt he would have challenged for the starting job game 1

I'm sorry buddy but all this is fairyland.

Toronto will try to resign Campbell or another UFA because Mrazek isn't a No1, injured or not, since his old days with Detroit.
May 23, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
WildRock
To be honest I thought Korpisalo would leave columbus.
Nov. 21, 2022 at 2:51 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: Bobcat205
I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY.

Why? Tarasov is RIGHT THERE. He can back up Elvis, and do it better.

I think it's safe to say that this take has aged like milk. Somehow, someway, Korpi has been the best goalie for us so far.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit