Published: May 23, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
ANA
  1. Niemelä, Topi
  2. Robertson, Nicholas
  3. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Why do you guys want Gibson. I don’t get it. 6.4 million for a goalie with very underwhelming numbers the past few years. He’s one of the more skilled goalies in the league and has the potential to be great, but his performance has been completely mid. He’s regarded as one of the top goalies in the league but he just hasn’t proven that the last couple years. People will say it’s the d core and what not; but if that’s true than how did Stolarz massively outplay him? And how come Gibson still ranks very poorly in stats that account for shot difficulty such as GSAX? Maybe it’s a morale thing, as he’s obviously super skilled, but whatever it is there just isn’t the justification to spend so much on a goalie when we could pay just as much in FA to get a better goalie Darcy Kuemper without moving assets. The ask for Gibson is gonna be something absolutely stupid, and we’ll be throwing away so much of our future for taking a gamble on a goalie who could maybe be a stud? It’s just not worth it whatsoever. The amount of people saying a return of two top prospects + more for Gibson “isn’t enough” is ridiculous. This guy just doesn’t deserve such a return. Take a look at Connor Hellebuyck. The guy plays behind an equally bad defence, if not worse, in Winnipeg the last couple years, and he still posts elite numbers.

Gibson is simply not worth it. If the asking price was a 1st + something smaller than hell yeah, but trading an Eichel level return if not higher would be completely idiotic for any team, especially the Leafs would are cap strapped as is and need the young upcoming pieces on ELCs
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
18$82,500,000$81,043,116$212,500$0$1,456,884
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 23, 2022 at 11:25 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Not worth nearly that much. If we want a goalie making 6.4, Jack should get that money
May 23, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.
Lambchopz17
Quoting: LeafsDude
Not worth nearly that much. If we want a goalie making 6.4, Jack should get that money

Kuemper would be my go to. Kuemper at 6.5x5 or so wouldn’t be bad at all. The guys a stud
May 23, 2022 at 11:32 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Lambchopz
Kuemper would be my go to. Kuemper at 6.5x5 or so wouldn’t be bad at all. The guys a stud

I find it hard to think he would leave COL. Hes one of my favourite goalies so I wouldnt be opposed, but 5 years for a 32 year old is kind of steep
Lambchopz liked this.
May 23, 2022 at 11:40 a.m.
Lenny7
As a Ducks fan, there are a number of factors that should be taken into account, but the main one that I'd point to when people say "But if the D-core/system is so bad, what about Stolie?", we shouldn't skip over the fact that 11 of Stolie's 12 wins came against non-playoff teams. It's such a small sample size that is being referenced as well...consider that Gibson played in almost as many games this year as Stolarz has his entire career (56 gp vs. 62 career).

I don't know...I certainly don't want to dump on Stolie because he's been a solid backup for us for the past couple of years, but I also wouldn't be buying on those kind of numbers having any more upside than they currently do.

With Gibby, trades that involve him never seem to take into account that there's really no reason for the Ducks to trade him unless there's an overpay. Moving a player to simply move him is typically an ill-fated way to run a hockey team. He's also got a 10 team NTC, which, if we've learned anything, typically cover Canadian teams.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 23, 2022 at 1:27 p.m.
Lambchopz17
Quoting: Lenny7
As a Ducks fan, there are a number of factors that should be taken into account, but the main one that I'd point to when people say "But if the D-core/system is so bad, what about Stolie?", we shouldn't skip over the fact that 11 of Stolie's 12 wins came against non-playoff teams. It's such a small sample size that is being referenced as well...consider that Gibson played in almost as many games this year as Stolarz has his entire career (56 gp vs. 62 career).

I don't know...I certainly don't want to dump on Stolie because he's been a solid backup for us for the past couple of years, but I also wouldn't be buying on those kind of numbers having any more upside than they currently do.

With Gibby, trades that involve him never seem to take into account that there's really no reason for the Ducks to trade him unless there's an overpay. Moving a player to simply move him is typically an ill-fated way to run a hockey team. He's also got a 10 team NTC, which, if we've learned anything, typically cover Canadian teams.

Oh I understand all that 100%. Ducks shouldn’t move Gibson for cheap, but I also don’t think the Leafs should spend a lucrative amount on him at all
Lenny7 liked this.
May 23, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Lambchopz
Oh I understand all that 100%. Ducks shouldn’t move Gibson for cheap, but I also don’t think the Leafs should spend a lucrative amount on him at all

Yeah, I don't disagree with that at all. I think it's the hilarious "Kawhi" talk that probably started this. IMO Gibson > Campbell with that D-core in front of him, but you can also *probably* get Campbell back cheaper by simply re-signing him, than trading for someone like Gibson.

Semi-off topic, but the whole "Kawhi" thing was just a terribly foolish thing for anyone to say, media or not, because that was the acquisition of a top 10 NBA player, which, if you compare it to hockey, is pretty much impossible. You (the Leafs) alread have 1 (Matthews), with another one very close (Marner), and when you think "top 10" or even "top 20", there's not really anyone like that that should be available. You guys were hilariously close to knocking off the back to back champs, and the only real difference was that Nick Paul snuck a couple through in game 7. It wasn't depth, it wasn't skill, it wasn't goaltending, it wasn't leadership, it was simply that Tampa scored more goals in game 7 than the Leafs. A couple of decent depth moves and the Leafs stay at the top of the Atlantic.
Lambchopz liked this.
May 23, 2022 at 5:45 p.m.
Lambchopz17
Quoting: Lenny7
Yeah, I don't disagree with that at all. I think it's the hilarious "Kawhi" talk that probably started this. IMO Gibson > Campbell with that D-core in front of him, but you can also *probably* get Campbell back cheaper by simply re-signing him, than trading for someone like Gibson.

Semi-off topic, but the whole "Kawhi" thing was just a terribly foolish thing for anyone to say, media or not, because that was the acquisition of a top 10 NBA player, which, if you compare it to hockey, is pretty much impossible. You (the Leafs) alread have 1 (Matthews), with another one very close (Marner), and when you think "top 10" or even "top 20", there's not really anyone like that that should be available. You guys were hilariously close to knocking off the back to back champs, and the only real difference was that Nick Paul snuck a couple through in game 7. It wasn't depth, it wasn't skill, it wasn't goaltending, it wasn't leadership, it was simply that Tampa scored more goals in game 7 than the Leafs. A couple of decent depth moves and the Leafs stay at the top of the Atlantic.

It’s just impossible for us to make a “Kawhi” Trade, unless all of the sudden someone like Mikko Rantanen or Charlie McAvoy is on the trading block lmao
Lenny7 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll