SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

80% personal rankings 20% team needs

80% personal rankings 20% team needs

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Preston_Mattesich
Published: May 24, 2022 at 9:33 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Disappointing year production wise but still clearly thebest option available.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Bust potential is there, but with the way hes playing right now he is the clear #2. Big, heavy shooting winger that can be an evander kane type power forward if he reaches his upside.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Best defenceman in the draft due to impressive skils in the defensive zone while maintaining a high offensive upside that Nemec does not have.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Play driving forward with skills comparable to guys like Kane and Gaudreau.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Possibly the quickest player in the draft, the Flyers get their center of the future in what could be the steal of the draft. Personally one of my favorite players in this class, this guy is a thrill to watch. I haven't seen any other player in this class completely dismantle strong, competetive defencemen with their speed the way Savoie has.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksHaven't looked into him as much as a few other guys on this list but 23 points in games in Liiga as an 18 year old is impressive. To my understanding, an impressive, NHL ready shot gives him top 6 upside. Likely that Kemell goes higher than this, but because my knowledge of him is limited, I have him at 6.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Raw talented speed in transition and a quick shot make Nazar a top forward in this draft that may take a little bit longer to develop into an NHL player, but if he can clean up some turnover issues and be a little bit smarter when stickhandling and deking, he will be a great playmaking forward. A year at UMich may also help speed up his development.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Although I don't think the offensive upside is there, Nemec has an elite intelligence in playing defense in the transition and shutting down scoring chances. Who knows, maybe increased opportunity and development on the powerplay at the top of the umbrella could shape Nemec into an effective two-way threat. However, because I don't see that upside there right now, Nemec slides in this mock.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
13Logo of the New York Islanders-
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
24Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
25Logo of the New York Rangers-
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
27Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
30Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
May 24, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.
Can't see Cooley falling past AZ
May 24, 2022 at 10:09 a.m.
If Nemec is still there at 6 or 7, man Verbeek better move on up for him
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
I can't see Savoie being a center at the next level. Not strong down the middle & will really struggle with the bigger NHL players. I think he projects more as a speedy skilled winger.
May 24, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
nemec's offensive production in the slovak league is unbelievable. i don't see how you could look at that production and not see offensive upside. is it a matter of translatable skill?
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
sensonfire
Ottawa is not passing on Nemec if he's available at 7.
May 24, 2022 at 12:14 p.m.
i think you mixed up nemec and jiricek, nemec is the offensively minded one.
A_Habs_fan and NHLfan10506 liked this.
May 24, 2022 at 8:09 p.m.
Nemec’s offensive potential is ginormous. Jiricek’s is limited by his skating.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll