Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic off-season

Created by: march63y
Initial Creation Date: May 24, 2022
Published: May 24, 2022
Team: 2022-23 Boston Bruins
Team Explanation
If Bergeron stays Boston goes for the cup. That would mean we trade for a 2C and ad scoring depth. Would like som more toughness at the D but I think we are set for next season.

Free agents:
1. Simple trade. Ty Smith had a bad year and is a player I can see getting traded for a forward. Reilly replaces him and can take steps.

2. Colorado ads middle6 scoring for a Good price. Boston gets rid of cap, a prospect with a ”down” year and a pick.

3. Biggest trade. Before you go crazy hear me out. Miller signs longterm and becomes the new 1C. Vancouver could either keep him and let him go for free or trade him and get a Good return which I think they get here. They retain a little bit of salary too.

Free agents: Vatrano returns to win a cup as a homegrown guy and could take a top6 role.

Wildcard is Lysell gets a shot. If he has a Good pre-season he could be in the line up Starting the season as Boston need a cheap replacement for Smith.

Bruins fans What you think? Also wanna know What Canucks fans think if you say its a bad trade.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Ahcan, Jack2$850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Bergeron, Patrice1$4,000,000
Vatrano, Frank3$3,500,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Reilly, Mike
BOS
  1. Ranta, Sampo
  2. 2024 4th round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Smith, Craig
BOS
  1. Miller, J.T. ($1,250,000 retained)
  2. 2023 4th round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Comes with an extension
VAN
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Studnicka, Jack [RFA Rights]
  3. 2023 1st round pick (BOS)
Buried
  • Chris Wagner: $225,000 ($1,350,000)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the COL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,169,584$0$150,000$330,416
Left WingCenterRight Wing
Logo of the BOS
Marchand, Brad
$6,125,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the BOS
Bergeron, Patrice
$4,000,000
C
UFA
Vatrano, Frank
$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA
Logo of the BOS
Hall, Taylor
$6,000,000
LW
NMC NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the VAN
Miller, J.T.
$4,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Pastrnak, David
$6,666,667
RW
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Haula, Erik
$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Coyle, Charlie
$5,250,000
C, RW
NMC NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the BOS
Lysell, Fabian
$894,167
RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the BOS
Frederic, Trent
$1,050,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Nosek, Tomas
$1,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Foligno, Nick
$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the BOS
Grzelcyk, Matt
$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the BOS
McAvoy, Charlie
$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 8
Logo of the BOS
Ullmark, Linus
$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the BOS
Lindholm, Hampus
$6,500,000
LD
NMC NTC
UFA - 8
Logo of the BOS
Carlo, Brandon
$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
Logo of the BOS
Swayman, Jeremy
$925,000
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Forbort, Derek
$3,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the BOS
Clifton, Connor
$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the BOS
Zboril, Jakub
$1,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the BOS
McLaughlin, Marc
$883,750
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Steen, Oskar
$800,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
Taxi Squad
Logo of the BOS
Bussi, Brandon
$825,000 ($0)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the BOS
Ahcan, Jack
$850,000 ($0)
LD
RFA
Logo of the COL
Ranta, Sampo
$925,000 ($0)
LW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 24 at 5:57 p.m.
Banned
The bruins moved vatrano because they hate his game. His game hasn’t changed.
May 24 at 5:58 p.m.
Canucks decline. Any deal for Miller from Boston starts with either Lysell + a 1st or Carlo
PeterForsberg21 and Knuckl3s liked this.
May 24 at 6:03 p.m.
Quoting: mv21227
Canucks decline. Any deal for Miller from Boston starts with either Lysell + a 1st or Carlo

I understand why you think that but would they risk losing him for free? No team would give up that without knowing he resigns. If he has the chance to go to Boston and play between Marchand and pastrnak a year after playing under bergeron I think he would take it. Dont know What other team would offer him the same oppurtunity.
May 24 at 6:06 p.m.
Quoting: march63y
I understand why you think that but would they risk losing him for free? No team would give up that without knowing he resigns. If he has the chance to go to Boston and play between Marchand and pastrnak a year after playing under bergeron I think he would take it. Dont know What other team would offer him the same oppurtunity.

I would assume any team making a trade for Miller would be able to negotiate an extension as part of it. And even then I think they get a better offer than this without an extension. Debrusk isn’t a need, and Studnicka doesn’t really add much value imo
PeterForsberg21 and Knuckl3s liked this.
May 24 at 6:09 p.m.
Miller isn't happening unless Lysell is involved
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 24 at 6:17 p.m.
avs could use that money better in free agency. unless boston is retaining half it just doesn't make sense for the avs.
Xqb15a liked this.
May 24 at 6:29 p.m.
Quoting: TheAlien
Miller isn't happening unless Lysell is involved

Same here. No team would give up the value of 2 first for one year of Miller when they could get him for free next season. That would be very bad asset management. If Miller DECIDES to go for Boston ands says he wont sign longterm anywere else this would be the only offer. So If Miller wants to play between Marchand and pastrank for years which i think Everyone would want to, its either this or we take him for free next season.
May 24 at 6:34 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle
avs could use that money better in free agency. unless boston is retaining half it just doesn't make sense for the avs.

Have seen a couple Avs fans faking him for a third. There actually isnt too many right handed middle6 in free agents this season. I can only think of jarnkrok. For 3.1 mil its actually a Good price if they get rid of compher
May 24 at 6:38 p.m.
Have seen a couple Avs fans faking him for a third. There actually isnt too many right handed middle6 in free agents this season. I can only think of jarnkrok. For 3.1 mil its actually a Good price if they get rid of compher

they'd be better off just keeping compher
May 24 at 6:39 p.m.
Same here. No team would give up the value of 2 first for one year of Miller when they could get him for free next season. That would be very bad asset management. If Miller DECIDES to go for Boston ands says he wont sign longterm anywere else this would be the only offer. So If Miller wants to play between Marchand and pastrank for years which i think Everyone would want to, its either this or we take him for free next season.

Both Seravalli and Friedman have said that the Canucks are gonna be offered huge packages and that a ton of teams are gonna be in on him. You may think it's bad asset management but GMs don't seem to agree with you. He will be by far the best center available in the offseason and he's gonna cost a ton whether you like it or not.
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 24 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: TheAlien
Both Seravalli and Friedman have said that the Canucks are gonna be offered huge packages and that a ton of teams are gonna be in on him. You may think it's bad asset management but GMs don't seem to agree with you. He will be by far the best center available in the offseason and he's gonna cost a ton whether you like it or not.

Just Dont agree with you but we will see Hahah. He can kinda ”decide” where he goes if you understand how i mean it and I think for him as a player Boston would be a very Good fit. If he decides he is going to Boston as an UFA next season no team would offer that ”Huge package”
May 24 at 6:50 p.m.
they'd be better off just keeping compher

But you would rather have Smith. I Dont know what return you could get for compher doe
May 24 at 6:57 p.m.
But you would rather have Smith. I Dont know what return you could get for compher doe

i don't see why.
May 24 at 7:19 p.m.
i don't see why.

More experience, more points, cheaper and gives more cap space to work with next season
May 24 at 7:24 p.m.
More experience, more points, cheaper and gives more cap space to work with next season

older, same production, only $400k less cap hit but 800k more in salary, doesn't know the team/system. it's a lateral move at best.
May 24 at 7:26 p.m.
Ty Smith is a real question mark for NJD. Still has tons of potential and I imagine there is a difference of opinion between our GM (thinking long-term) and our Head Coach (think game to game) about his role. I think if Devils move Smith, he gets replaced by Okhotiuk, maybe Bahl. Both more physical and defensive options. But Reilly for 3rd seems like a fair swap if NJD went for a more like-for-like replacement.
march63y liked this.
May 24 at 7:30 p.m.
older, same production, only $400k less cap hit but 800k more in salary, doesn't know the team/system. it's a lateral move at best.

If you Dont mind you can look at the Avs ACGM team I Mad
de earlier. I screwed up the EJ retain but there you see how hard it is for Avs with the cap space. 400k I think they would take even If its a lateral move
May 24 at 8:59 p.m.

Compher had 18 goals and 33 pts Smith 16 goals 36 pts COL knows what they have in him and his versatility, why trade assets for a guy that may just assume his role? Pass.
May 25 at 5:08 a.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
Compher had 18 goals and 33 pts Smith 16 goals 36 pts COL knows what they have in him and his versatility, why trade assets for a guy that may just assume his role? Pass.

In literally every ACGM teams lade by Avs fan he gets traded. Some because of cap and some because they Dont like him. They also need that 3.5 mil for next season when mackinnon and byram gets new deals. Smith only has one years left and If they could trade compher for Smith they should. Same value
May 25 at 11:40 a.m.
In literally every ACGM teams lade by Avs fan he gets traded. Some because of cap and some because they Dont like him. They also need that 3.5 mil for next season when mackinnon and byram gets new deals. Smith only has one years left and If they could trade compher for Smith they should. Same value

You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Compher only has one year left, he’s younger a known commodity and Just because some ACGM trade doesn’t mean ****. Smith is not a real option you just don’t like being challenged.
May 25 at 4:32 p.m.
You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Compher only has one year left, he’s younger a known commodity and Just because some ACGM trade doesn’t mean ****. Smith is not a real option you just don’t like being challenged.

Hahaha your the one getting hurt. Avs would 100% take a straight swap between Smith and compher. Any team would take smith over compher. Getting rid of that 3.5 mil contract would be ideal If you want to sign byram longterm
May 25 at 7:40 p.m.
Hahaha your the one getting hurt. Avs would 100% take a straight swap between Smith and compher. Any team would take smith over compher. Getting rid of that 3.5 mil contract would be ideal If you want to sign byram longterm
you’re so clueless that you don’t even get that his contract expires the same as MacKinnon and Byram. His freaking contract has ZERO ZERO impact on those contracts. Seriously 🤦🏻‍♂️
May 29 at 7:22 a.m.
you’re so clueless that you don’t even get that his contract expires the same as MacKinnon and Byram. His freaking contract has ZERO ZERO impact on those contracts. Seriously 🤦🏻‍♂️

Haha just realised. I swear he had 2 years left last time I checked. Still Smith>compher
May 29 at 9:17 a.m.
Haha just realised. I swear he had 2 years left last time I checked. Still Smith>compher

Yeah and who had 2 goals in a series clinching win this week?
May 29 at 11:00 a.m.
Yeah and who had 2 goals in a series clinching win this week?

Smith > compher

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll