Forums/Armchair-GM

We are in the Off Season Now

Created by: iAce
Team: 2021-22 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: May 24, 2022
Published: May 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Hoping people's comments are constructive. NJD trade is just too complicated. It will take Holtz or getting this years 1st for Fiala. Wild may have to add but that is the return I think BG wants. NJD do not want to give either up so I think it's best to look at other options. Turcotte fits the window if he can become healthy, he could be a big asset for this team. He also deserves a chance to play at his drafted position. LA is just stacked up the middle. I added Faber for Kulikov to add value to the trade as Turcotte has had 2 concussions this year and I'm a bit worried he will have more. Regardless of trades, I hope he gets fully healthy.
The Toronto trade will also generate heat. I think Greenway to Toronto helps them solve a few issues on the team and we need a spot for Hartman if we make that Fiala trade. The return would be futures or a player we love. With the cap issues, I think we struggle to take back a ton of salary.
Talbot gets a fresh start as MAF re-signs and assumes the number 1 role and bridge to Wallstedt.

I do think there are a few players that could be moved as well if the price is right. These guys I would bet money would still be here next season but if a team called us they are probably on the table. Hartman is probably the one that would take a huge over payment to get.

Calen Addison is first up. This kid was brought in with the Zucker trade. Lots of speculation on whats going on here. He's a BG guy, he drafted him, seen him develop and was the main piece in the Zucker deal. Why isn't he playing? One idea is his development hasn't gone well. He's played pretty well when called up and when he played in the playoffs. Next would be Dumba is here and they are basically the same player on the ice. Dumba has more physicality but offense is similar. So it would take a Dumba move to free him up on the NHL squad. If Dumba isn't traded, which BG has basically said, then why keep Addison in the minors as a highly rated prospect. Trade him and get value for him instead of wasting him away in the minors.

Next would be Hartman. A few podcasts explored trading him but with being in cap hell for 3 years, we can't afford to trade him if we want to be competitive. Not sure what teams would be willing to pay to obtain him but he did sign a team friendly deal to stay here and he just had a career year. It would be a bit heartless to trade someone that has shown he wants to stay here and win.

Jost would be the last person on the list. We got him at the trade deadline and he's been very good for us. His play on the 4th was phenomenal down the stretch and playoffs. He was very solid. He has shown he has upside to his game, not sure how much but he was the 10th overall pick and never really got a shot in the NHL to showcase his game. Even here in Minnesota. I think he could slot in on the Boldy line and see how much upside he has to his game.
Trades
MIN
  1. Faber, Brock [Reserve List]
  2. Turcotte, Alex
  3. 2022 1st round pick (LAK)
LAK
  1. Fiala, Kevin
  2. Kulikov, Dmitry
Additional Details:
A more complex trade than I've seen previously. I've seen Fiala for Turcotte and a 1st. I think with Turcotte's concussions there's a bit of a risk here. Looking at your defensive construction. I think you could replace and upgrade Maatta with Kulikov and save money for Kempe's extension.
MIN
  1. Knies, Matthew [Reserve List]
TOR
  1. Greenway, Jordan
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
This trade happens after the Fiala trade. Rossi/Turcotte would most likely push Hartman back to his natural position as a winger. Hartman was amazing last season but shouldn't be expected to be a 1c which he has never been. Greenway doesn't have the leadership Foligno has so he is moved for future assets. Greenway and a pick to Toronto for Knies. Toronto is bigger and more puck control for playoffs next season and beyond.
MIN
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Talbot, Cam
Additional Details:
Wild re-sign MAF, a lot of drama with MAF starting in the playoffs. I think it was best to start MAF as he has rings and goaltending didn't stop us from beating the Blues. Giving Talbot a shot at going to a team that can accomplish great things as well.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,333,588$0$2,365,000$9,166,412

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167
C
RFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
UFA - 8
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,550,000$2M)
C
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$825,833$825,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 25, 2022 at 12:12 a.m.
KFTW
LA and Toronto decline imo
May 25, 2022 at 12:14 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Leaf are pretty good at LW, and really can't afford Greenway. Now Talbot to the Leafs could be a possibility if Campbell isn't resigned. Even MA Fleury to the Leafs is a possibility too.
May 25, 2022 at 12:14 a.m.
I don’t think LA or Toronto do those

LA is dependent on a Fiala bidding war though, but it raising the price that high doesn’t seem likely
iAce liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 12:29 a.m.
Constructive question...with 9+ in cap space, why wouldn't you try for a guy like Trochek? Going 2 and 3 or 4 at C with totally unproven kids who have a total of 10 NHL games between them is pretty risky. What if neither is ready next season?
iAce liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 12:29 a.m.
The Kings will not trade Brock Faber.
iAce liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: tkecanuck341

That’s exactly what Penguins fans said about Calen Addison…
iAce liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 7:07 p.m.
Quoting: Pags71
Constructive question...with 9+ in cap space, why wouldn't you try for a guy like Trochek? Going 2 and 3 or 4 at C with totally unproven kids who have a total of 10 NHL games between them is pretty risky. What if neither is ready next season?

That is a very good point. I'm not against Trocheck. I think it depends on where he is looking to sign and how much he will want. Rossi is going to need a top 9 spot next year. He is going to move Hartman or Gaudreau out of their spot in this line up. Most likely Hartman but it's too early to tell. Wild still need a 1c and honestly we can't expect Rossi to be that next year. I'd love to see him put up like 50 points and play well as a 2c before taking on the pressure of being a 1c. I like Turcotte's game and I think the way he plays he could fit here. His concussions are a concern. Everyone heals differently so I wouldn't want to rush him. Maybe a Trocheck 1c until he gets knocked out of that spot would be the best path. Good thought and it could work depending on the years and dollar amount.
Pags71 liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 7:11 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341

I won't argue that a Brock Faber trade will happen. But every player has a price tag. Thats why we see over payments but this is an Armchair GM fantasy. LA has a ton of talent. Honestly a Turcotte and this years first is an acceptable trade. I would be hard pressed to find a better deal in all honesty. The Wild have a few choices to make and I wanted to move assets around to free up wiggle room on the roster. If we keep Addison, a few D in front of him gotta go. Or we trade Addison and move on. He's played well in the limited time hes gotten so it doesn't make much sense to be honest.
May 25, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
Quoting: Tbrew
I don’t think LA or Toronto do those

LA is dependent on a Fiala bidding war though, but it raising the price that high doesn’t seem likely

The Toronto trade is just me really thinking thats a good fit for both teams. There's been no chatter of that happening it's me just imagining it happening. Greenway would help you against Tampa for sure without a doubt and at 3 mill that isn't bad for what he brings. A problem the Wild will have is putting Rossi in this lineup. He will kick Hartman or Gaudreau out of their center spot. It would be easy to move Hartman and plug him in where Greenway would be. That means Greenway could be moved for future assets. Toronto to me makes sense. I like them, great fan base for the most part and I'd like to see them win with that talent. Honestly, who knows how good Knies will be. Taking a prospect back doesn't mean anything until like 4 year later when that prospect actually gets a season or two in the NHL. Knies could be a bust, or average or a star. Dobber prospects has him as a 2nd line potential. Thats what Greenway is now and could help you guys now. That's kinda why I like the trade because it makes sense in my head.
On the Fiala trade, I can't make sense of what he is worth. I know the Wild are going to get a good return. BG will not get fleeced no matter how much dead space we have and will get a fair market value for him. Ideally I would like Holtz from NJD for him. Either side might have to add a bit but that would be the ground work of the trade. NJD fans insist Holtz is not available and offer us some assets that really don't make sense for the Wild when we look at the roster. This Turcotte plus first makes sense. Turcotte is a bit scary with his concussions he's had this year but I think he would fit here well with Rossi and Jeek. I know Ottawa and NJD could come up with great offers and I'm not looking at fleecing either franchise. I think the NJD could offer us the most pieces that makes sense for our team. Whether that's their first, or Holtz or another prospect. LA and Turcotte is very inticing. And Ottawa could find something that works too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll