SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

people disrespect geno malkin

May 25, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
I saw a lot of people saying that 3x7.5 is too much for geno.... are you high????? he is one of the best centers in the league still producing at a point per game rate even tho he was coming off knee surgery and playing most of the season with Heinen and erod..... he is an unreal player, leader and a 3x Stanley cup champion.

at the same age a guy like ovi got 9.5 and backstrome will earn 9.2 for the next three years same as geno. geno taking only 7.5 would be a great deal for the pens. considering also we would spare 2mil in cap hit. AND HIS PLAY ON THE ICE IS WORTH WAY MORE THEN 7.5 if we consider fair those wsh contracts.

he would earn LESS then guys like: Darnell nurse, Blake wheeler, J Benn, Seugin, duchene, backstrome, Seth jones, couture, Johansen, voraceck, skinner, Tavares, Kane, ovi, and many others....

like this guys are not in the same category as malkin and some of them will make much more money. (the last three can be put in same category but I'm still taking geno for next season)

he might not be the second best player in the league after Crosby anymore...they are obviously getting older... but he is still one of the elite performer at the nhl level.
vmark liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 1:48 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
problem is that he gets injured so often. if he put up PPG for a full 82 games i personally would have no problem giving him 7.5x3. however if he plays like 60 games then 7.5x3 is a stretch. i'd only go ~5.75x3 if he doesn't play full seasons, which usually he doesnt.
same goes for letang
dtd_tank liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: Zuki9797
problem is that he gets injured so often. if he put up PPG for a full 82 games i personally would have no problem giving him 7.5x3. however if he plays like 60 games then 7.5x3 is a stretch. i'd only go ~5.75x3 if he doesn't play full seasons, which usually he doesnt.
same goes for letang

look at backstrome too 9.2 and also gets injured.

and imo if geno doesn't get injured he is worth more then 9 cuz he is just an unreal player... with no injuries he is still top 8 centers in the league easily
May 25, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: fil97
look at backstrome too 9.2 and also gets injured.

and imo if geno doesn't get injured he is worth more then 9 cuz he is just an unreal player... with no injuries he is still top 8 centers in the league easily

even at the time of signing of backstrom's contract i believed it was an overpay. and too long. which i still believe. he was probably worth ~7.5x3 at the contract time.
but like im saying geno keeps getting injured. we can't say if he could be a top 8 center or whatever because we havent seen him play a full season in forever
May 26, 2022 at 8:43 a.m.
Quoting: Zuki9797
even at the time of signing of backstrom's contract i believed it was an overpay. and too long. which i still believe. he was probably worth ~7.5x3 at the contract time.
but like im saying geno keeps getting injured. we can't say if he could be a top 8 center or whatever because we havent seen him play a full season in forever

I get your point.

but if you say backstrom is worth 3x7.5 malkin should get paid more cuz he is much much better.
May 26, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
I get your point.

but if you say backstrom is worth 3x7.5 malkin should get paid more cuz he is much much better.

He was worth 3x7.5 at the time of the signing. Not remotely close anymore
May 28, 2022 at 8:31 a.m.
Win a series will ya
Geno is a point per game guy only because of the Power Play - 41GP, 20 points on the Power play and 22 even strength with a -10. And prior to him coming back, ERod was a point per game guy - 15G, 15A in 34 games before Geno came back - with 6 power play goals & 1 power play assist (23 even strength points in 34 games) with a +9. ERod had 4 times more hits than Geno, 33% less turnovers on the season in double the games played and ERod drew more penalties. So essentially, Geno barely replaced the production of ERod. He was once a great player, but he is slower and going to his line continues to be a death sentence for production. He killed Perron years ago, Kapanen, Zucker and even Rust went into a massive slump at his side this year. He is a decent 3rd line winger at this point in time and that is not disrespectful, that's analysis.
May 29, 2022 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: PensFan67
Geno is a point per game guy only because of the Power Play - 41GP, 20 points on the Power play and 22 even strength with a -10. And prior to him coming back, ERod was a point per game guy - 15G, 15A in 34 games before Geno came back - with 6 power play goals & 1 power play assist (23 even strength points in 34 games) with a +9. ERod had 4 times more hits than Geno, 33% less turnovers on the season in double the games played and ERod drew more penalties. So essentially, Geno barely replaced the production of ERod. He was once a great player, but he is slower and going to his line continues to be a death sentence for production. He killed Perron years ago, Kapanen, Zucker and even Rust went into a massive slump at his side this year. He is a decent 3rd line winger at this point in time and that is not disrespectful, that's analysis.

third line winger... just laughable
May 31, 2022 at 8:04 p.m.
Win a series will ya
third line winger... just laughable

Not nearly as laughable as one of the best centers in the game. He hasn't been that for years. Maybe one of the 50 best active centers in the league, but show a little bit of objectivity. A center involves his teammates and doesn't consistently make passes to them that handcuff them or put them in position to receive the pass under high pressure.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 5:22 a.m.
Quoting: PensFan67
Not nearly as laughable as one of the best centers in the game. He hasn't been that for years. Maybe one of the 50 best active centers in the league, but show a little bit of objectivity. A center involves his teammates and doesn't consistently make passes to them that handcuff them or put them in position to receive the pass under high pressure.

is there a way to save this comments? I want to save them so that I can show them to you at the end of next season looking at malkin advanced stats...

and people saying that they would sign trocheck over malkin... did you see how average he was against nyr? just based on points geno 6 in 7 and trocheck 2 in 7 plus he didn't play particularly well defence either.

plus I think many people don't realise if de smith doesn't get hurt (not even mentioning Jarry) we are playing Tampa now... and people are giving malkin and letang 8+ mil contracts
Jul. 16, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
IG vincemark78
is there a way to save this comments? I want to save them so that I can show them to you at the end of next season looking at malkin advanced stats...

and people saying that they would sign trocheck over malkin... did you see how average he was against nyr? just based on points geno 6 in 7 and trocheck 2 in 7 plus he didn't play particularly well defence either.

plus I think many people don't realise if de smith doesn't get hurt (not even mentioning Jarry) we are playing Tampa now... and people are giving malkin and letang 8+ mil contracts

Yoo you're totally right man. Malkin is an all time great. You could argue he's better than Ovechkin all things considered. He deserves all the money. People just don't understand hockey or giving players what they deserve. He does need to stay healthy. But anyone who watched him score that back hand from the hash marks in Game 4 against NYR knows this dude still got it.
fil97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll