5$4,500,000
5$7,500,000
1$1,500,000
3$2,000,000
6$5,000,000
3$5,750,000
2$1,750,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Roslovic, Jack$4,200,000
2023 2nd round pick
Trades
PIT
  1. 2022 7th round pick (SEA)
PIT
  1. 2022 5th round pick (CBJ)
PIT
  1. Milano, Sonny [RFA Rights]
PIT
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (DET)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the DET
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$80,291,667$0$0$2,208,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$4,200,000$4,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 25, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
Hard pass on helping rid you of the Zucker contract.
May 25, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
EuroTrash Hockey Vet
holy overpay on roslovic
May 25, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
Quoting: YoungPattyKane
holy overpay on roslovic

I mean we kind of have to overpay him so they don't match the offer. I'd take Roslovic at 4.2 mil over Carter at 3 mil.
May 25, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
Banned
Detroit accepts, Player useful we will even toss in one of Grewe or Smith to the deal.
Billy12Bob liked this.
May 25, 2022 at 7:23 p.m.
EuroTrash Hockey Vet
Quoting: pensfan21
I mean we kind of have to overpay him so they don't match the offer. I'd take Roslovic at 4.2 mil over Carter at 3 mil.

I'm pretty sure CBJ has expressed willingness to move him, why not acquire his rights for a fourth rounder and get him on a cheaper contract
May 25, 2022 at 7:36 p.m.
Quoting: YoungPattyKane
I'm pretty sure CBJ has expressed willingness to move him, why not acquire his rights for a fourth rounder and get him on a cheaper contract

You think a fourth would get us his rights?
May 25, 2022 at 7:39 p.m.
EuroTrash Hockey Vet
Quoting: pensfan21
You think a fourth would get us his rights?

I'm not Jarmo's burner but I think it is possible
May 25, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
I am confused. Why dump a lot of these players? Yeah, changes are necessary, but this is a pretty high amount of overturn.
I agree with YoungPattyKane, if you can get Roslovic's rights for cheap and sign him for less than 4.2, do it. I think we'd be outbid on Nichushin, and maybe the same on Athanasiou.
Rust being on the third line makes no sense to me considering he could have probably gotten at least $6 mil/year on the open market and is better than Athanasiou and Anderson.
McGinn is a solid player being traded away for literally nothing. We might need the cap space but we can get something in return for him, and he's been a good bottom six player for us. It's even more strange to me if we're signing Marchment to a larger contract and then playing him on the 4th line.
I would seriously consider resigning Danton Heinen instead of Athanasiou and Milano. I loved the deal when it was made and he has surpassed my expectations for him.
You essentially cap dump Kapanen's RFA rights for a player bouyed by having chemistry with Zegras when he has value either here or elsewhere as a cheap gamble. That deal is a player you have on the 4th line for an ok prospect and a guy who can bounce back to ~60 point form, which sounds very good for Anaheim.
Speaking of trades that are better for the other team, Josh Anderson. Anderson is a few year older on a long term deal with a higher cap hit than Marino. He was on pace for around 22 goals and 38 points over a full 82 games this year. That's good, but if we're complaining about Zucker for that cap hit, no one in Pittsburgh is going to like Anderson. Pittsburgh also has little depth at RD, Ian Cole isn't a top 4 dman, and Marino is more valuable to the Pens than this. That move makes no sense for us.
I don't think the McGinn, Marino, or Kapanen trades make the Penguins better. I don't think the Athanasiou or Cole signings make the Penguins better. If we have to dump Zucker and Carter to get better, then oh well. There are some good ideas. The Pettersson deal has become standard. I like Roslovic and Nichushkin if we can land them. I wouldn't mind Marchment if he's on the 3rd line. But I don't think this team, especially with these lines, is getting past the first round.
May 25, 2022 at 9:06 p.m.
Quoting: Haymaker26
I am confused. Why dump a lot of these players? Yeah, changes are necessary, but this is a pretty high amount of overturn.
I agree with YoungPattyKane, if you can get Roslovic's rights for cheap and sign him for less than 4.2, do it. I think we'd be outbid on Nichushin, and maybe the same on Athanasiou.
Rust being on the third line makes no sense to me considering he could have probably gotten at least $6 mil/year on the open market and is better than Athanasiou and Anderson.
McGinn is a solid player being traded away for literally nothing. We might need the cap space but we can get something in return for him, and he's been a good bottom six player for us. It's even more strange to me if we're signing Marchment to a larger contract and then playing him on the 4th line.
I would seriously consider resigning Danton Heinen instead of Athanasiou and Milano. I loved the deal when it was made and he has surpassed my expectations for him.
You essentially cap dump Kapanen's RFA rights for a player bouyed by having chemistry with Zegras when he has value either here or elsewhere as a cheap gamble. That deal is a player you have on the 4th line for an ok prospect and a guy who can bounce back to ~60 point form, which sounds very good for Anaheim.
Speaking of trades that are better for the other team, Josh Anderson. Anderson is a few year older on a long term deal with a higher cap hit than Marino. He was on pace for around 22 goals and 38 points over a full 82 games this year. That's good, but if we're complaining about Zucker for that cap hit, no one in Pittsburgh is going to like Anderson. Pittsburgh also has little depth at RD, Ian Cole isn't a top 4 dman, and Marino is more valuable to the Pens than this. That move makes no sense for us.
I don't think the McGinn, Marino, or Kapanen trades make the Penguins better. I don't think the Athanasiou or Cole signings make the Penguins better. If we have to dump Zucker and Carter to get better, then oh well. There are some good ideas. The Pettersson deal has become standard. I like Roslovic and Nichushkin if we can land them. I wouldn't mind Marchment if he's on the 3rd line. But I don't think this team, especially with these lines, is getting past the first round.

I see what your saying, but I'm a believer that it's good to spread the depth out sometimes, not always have the best players on the 1st lines. Anthanasiou being on the second line is not because he is the best player, he is just so fast I think it would compliment Malkin well. Rust and Rakell being on the third line and Marchment on the 4th would give us an extremely deep bottom 6, and they can be shuffled around all season until combinations are found that work. Rust can play on any line, which is a testament to how good of a player he is. I don't mind getting rid of Heinen, McGinn, Kapanen, or any of the bottom 6 from last year besides Bluger. Needs an overhaul imo. Heinen is fine a little hot and cold, McGinn was okay first part of season but not good second half, and Kapanen was just awful all season. They are all similar players too, we need more diversity, some speed, youth, skill, physicality. I think it would benefit us to get more of an edge on this team.
May 25, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Nathan Legare has 16 points in 57 games at the AHL level. Jacob Perreault has 37 points in 55 games with San Diego and Lucas Elvenes has 43 points in 63 games in the AHL, so Legare would be third on the depth chart at RW and thus isn't exactly at the top of our wish list. Milano has shown that he fits well in Anaheim and recorded half a point a game in 66 contests, while Kapanen had 32 points in 79 games and is more expensive. What is there in this offer that would interest the Ducks?
May 26, 2022 at 2:09 a.m.
Detroit accepts, and if you add Nylander we'll give Grewe too.
May 26, 2022 at 11:19 a.m.
This forward group would be insane. Not sure how many of those trades would be accepted though - and there are definitely underpayments on Malkin, Athanasiou and Marchment. Probably Cole too
May 26, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.

McGinn was about the furthest thing from a solid player or a good bottom six forward last year. He was literally the worst person to touch the ice for the Pens. I would trade him for a washing machine
May 26, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
Quoting: JSEB93
McGinn was about the furthest thing from a solid player or a good bottom six forward last year. He was literally the worst person to touch the ice for the Pens. I would trade him for a washing machine

I would rather have Brendan Lemieux than McGinn, he'd give us more of an edge

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll