The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 28, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Colorado Avalanche
Edmonton Oilers
May 28, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm going with Colorado in 4 ... I think it'll be a fun series to watch with close games, though.
May 28, 2022 at 8:45 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Edmonton in 7. McDavid averages 3 points per game.
May 28, 2022 at 8:49 p.m.
I can’t see Edmonton beating the Avs, until they can prove that they have depth scoring and competent goaltending, they’ll get run over by the Avs
aadoyle and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 28, 2022 at 9:09 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I can’t see Edmonton beating the Avs, until they can prove that they have depth scoring and competent goaltending, they’ll get run over by the Avs

Pretty sure you said the same thing about the Flames vs Oilers.

If Edmonton's goaltending remains merely competent and McDavid and the one-legged Draisaitl continue to post numbers not seen since the 80s, Colorado is in deep trouble. There's magic surrounding the Oilers: I told you guys this as the season was coming to an end.

Oilers in 6, chaos ensues.
monops19, DucharmetheDOMinator, CoopsTroops and 1 other person liked this.
May 28, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

If Edmonton's goaltending remains merely competent and McDavid and the one-legged Draisaitl continue to post numbers not seen since the 80s, Colorado is in deep trouble. There's magic surrounding the Oilers: I told you guys this as the season was coming to an end.

Admittedly I did say the same things in Flames vs Oilers but with the Flames, some cracks were noticeable, I don’t see any in Colorado
May 28, 2022 at 9:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 28, 2022 at 11:17 p.m.
Colorado gonna open that dreaded clinic again

As now that their toughest opponent is gone

Those additions they got just seem to fit with the team and have made them much better than the team who buckled under Vegas. Kuemper is playing some great hockey. And MacKinnon is on a mission rn

There is a reason most call them the one team who could upset Tampa
May 28, 2022 at 11:12 p.m.

I agree. Oilers win. Darcy playing bad and the oilers depth looks really good.

Mackinnon is a beast but potentially a 7 game series.
May 28, 2022 at 11:31 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
There's magic surrounding the Oilers: I told you guys this as the season was coming to an end.

All of that to lose to Tampa in 4 awesome face
aadoyle and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 29, 2022 at 1:33 a.m.
McDavid!
May 29, 2022 at 8:08 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Lines I'd like to see the Oilers run in this series:

L1: Kane - McDavid - Puljujarvi
L2A: Hyman - RNH - Ryan
L2B: Holloway - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
L4: Foegele - McLeod - Kassian

I don't think there's ever been a night where that top line lost the shots battle. Our Large Finnish Son does wonderful on-ice things despite a lack of production and both Connor and Evander are having a postseason to remember. I'm expecting Kadri to get pushed through a mulcher against this line - the hockey world thinks he has 97's number based on one game in Toronto where Connor had to physically wear Naz as a sweater. The opposite is very much the case. The 2A line exists exclusively to shut MacKinnon down as the Hyman-RNH duo ran hot against Mack in the regular season (upwards of 80.00 CF% as per NST, I see >70% quoted on other blogs) while the 2B line is there to bully the third and fourth lines of Bednar's Avalanche, of which I can only see Burakovsky and Compher being an issue. Despite what's coming out of the organization, Holloway should absolutely debut in Denver. He's fresh and he's miles better than most of the names that come after his. Leave Archibald in a ditch outside of Spruce Grove please and thanks. I like the idea of an energy fourth line that can still play hockey. Take two mainstays of the third line and give them Crazy-Eyes-Kassian to round out the group and get the boys going. The Cogliano-Helm-O'Connor line pales in comparison to the younger and faster Oilers.

D1A: Nurse - Barrie
D1B: Kulak - Ceci
D1C: Keith - Bouchard

This thought experiment exists exclusively to reunite the Kulak-Ceci pairing as a means of shutting down (likely) the MacKinnon line but I'm not married to the idea. Kulak absolutely needs more minutes and Keith needs less. I don't care about the draft picks involved, I care that Keith is like a -30 CF% anchor on almost every defenceman Edmonton employs. His pairing may break even or win the shots battle but his WOWY numbers are grotesque. Barrie seems steadier over the past dozen games than he did to close out the season and I think that's worth some reward. Stick it to his former team, maybe rotate Bouchard in there for a shift or two. I think the Oilers need to do a better job of splitting the PP time between Evan and Tyson but given that both men are running with an xGF% above 75%, there isn't much room to complain. Maybe take Keith's minute and a half away from him per night?

G: Smith - Koskinen*

Koskinen is here to fill the role of benchwarmer and I don't think he starts a game in this series. I fully believe it's to save face and I think Skinner gets the call before Koskinen does. The Old Man continues to run hot with his sv% and our heart rates.

Edmonton in 6 baby. I can't see them losing at home.
oilersguy liked this.
May 29, 2022 at 8:39 p.m.

Admittedly I did say the same things in Flames vs Oilers but with the Flames, some cracks were noticeable, I don’t see any in Colorado

Colorado's goaltending has been much worse than EDM in the playoffs. Kuemper has been below average so far

As we saw last series, a strong forecheck and speed can rattle the Avs top D. Devon Toews and Cale Makar are known for their poise and elite two way play, but certain teams/lines can exploit them. Toews+Makar have not matched up well against Mcdavid or Draisaitl in their games during the season.
oilersguy liked this.
Jun. 7, 2022 at 1:01 a.m.
HonestHockeyNYI
Well, it's done. Is it bad that I actually expected Edmonton to do a lot more in this series?
Jun. 1, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm going with Colorado in 4 ... I think it'll be a fun series to watch with close games, though.

I was just looking at old posts and I found this awesome face
HockeyManiac95 liked this.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
and proud of it

Wow lol
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
Colorado gonna open that dreaded clinic again

As now that their toughest opponent is gone

Those additions they got just seem to fit with the team and have made them much better than the team who buckled under Vegas. Kuemper is playing some great hockey. And MacKinnon is on a mission rn

There is a reason most call them the one team who could upset Tampa

Same

And I got 2 right

They ran a clinic on EDM and upset Tampa from becoming a Dynasty

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit