NTC
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    LW, RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, C, LW
    UFA - 4
    $2,125,000$2,125,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $1,237,500$1,237,500
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,550,000$4,550,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,125,000$3,125,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,550,000$1,550,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $912,500$912,500
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $6,375,000$6,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $825,000$825,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $875,000$875,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 30, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.
    Sabres are not trading Peterka for an RFA
    homiedaclown and Boos liked this.
    May 30, 2022 at 6:10 p.m.
    Funksoljah
    Sabres pass. They aren't giving up Peterka , the teams far too high on him and he had great chemistry with Quinn.
    May 30, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
    I love Mangiapane, but you will have to pry Peterka from my cold dead hands
    May 30, 2022 at 6:15 p.m.
    🤣🤣🤣 No
    Boos and wojme liked this.
    May 30, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
    Sabres fan
    I could see the Sabres being willing to part with both Vegas and Florida’s draft picks to get him potentially, but you’re never getting prospects as good as Peterka.
    Boos, homiedaclown and wojme liked this.
    May 30, 2022 at 6:44 p.m.
    Yeah!

What every Sabres fan above said.
    homiedaclown and wojme liked this.
    May 30, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
    Quoting: Tjm220
    I could see the Sabres being willing to part with both Vegas and Florida’s draft picks to get him potentially, but you’re never getting prospects as good as Peterka.

Maybe not the VGK pick
    May 30, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
    CGY
    I actually wouldn't be shocked if the Flames move Mangiapane.

I'm a huge fan of his, but if it's gonna cost 6, then I could see the Flames moving on.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    May 30, 2022 at 8:32 p.m.
    I agree with most saying that Peterka won't get moved, but some of you Sabres fans are out to lunch. Mangiapane is an elite first line forward and the only reason the points didn't match up with his insanely good on ice impact is because Calgary had the luxury of two other elite first line wingers.

If he played Tkachuck's minutes with Gaudreau and Lindholm he could've pushed 45 goals. And how is nobody thinking of all the sopranos memes involving him and don granato. You guys disappoint me. I'd give up 16 and 28 easy. Those picks combined have like a 30% chance of turning into a player half as good as Mangiapane. And cause of his 2nd line mins, the Sabres could sign him for like 6 mil, an absolute steal considering his possession metrics.
    May 30, 2022 at 10:42 p.m.
    Quoting: Stadel
    I agree with most saying that Peterka won't get moved, but some of you Sabres fans are out to lunch. Mangiapane is an elite first line forward and the only reason the points didn't match up with his insanely good on ice impact is because Calgary had the luxury of two other elite first line wingers.

If he played Tkachuck's minutes with Gaudreau and Lindholm he could've pushed 45 goals. And how is nobody thinking of all the sopranos memes involving him and don granato. You guys disappoint me. I'd give up 16 and 28 easy. Those picks combined have like a 30% chance of turning into a player half as good as Mangiapane. And cause of his 2nd line mins, the Sabres could sign him for like 6 mil, an absolute steal considering his possession metrics.

Bold is gold.

I think Sabreland is in agreement that JJ Peterka isn't going anywhere. Nothing against Mangiapane, whom nearly every Sabres fan regards as a damn good player, but two firsts for him is too steep while JJ and a first, regardless of draft position is way too steep.

Nuthin personal.
    May 30, 2022 at 11:05 p.m.
    Quoting: Boos
    Bold is gold.

I think Sabreland is in agreement that JJ Peterka isn't going anywhere. Nothing against Mangiapane, whom nearly every Sabres fan regards as a damn good player, but two firsts for him is too steep while JJ and a first, regardless of draft position is way too steep.

Nuthin personal.

Two late firsts is hardly steep. If you have to involve 9th overall, it gets dicey. But most picks 16 and 28 barely scratch the surface of being a fringe top 6 forward. Mangiapane would be a huge add, and has plenty of years left in him. Fans are way too attached to first rounders. Like top 10 picks i get. But 16 and 28? Statistically speaking its more likely those guys are included in a deal 2 years later for a player far worse than mangiapane.

Edit: This is like someone telling you 16th and 28th overall would be too much for Alex Tuch. Kind of ridiculous, no?
    May 31, 2022 at 9:46 a.m.
    To be honest the value is there. Magiapane would be a really good add for the Sabres but I don't see them moving Peterka. He is THE guy of Kevyn Adams who jumped in the draft to get him. Buffalo would probably counter with a first round pick or Isak Rosen but if I'm Calgary I don't do it. At the end of the day I just think that the trade falls short as it's very legetimate for Clagary to ask for the prospect they want and it's also understandable for the Sabres to not trade Peterka.
    May 31, 2022 at 1:31 p.m.
    Quoting: Greysuits
    Sabres are not trading Peterka for an RFA
    Quoting: Funksoljah
    Sabres pass. They aren't giving up Peterka , the teams far too high on him and he had great chemistry with Quinn.
    ...but you’re never getting prospects as good as Peterka.
    ...What every Sabres fan above said.
    Quoting: ItWasIn
    I actually wouldn't be shocked if the Flames move Mangiapane...
    Two late firsts is hardly steep...
    Quoting: Bond007
    To be honest the value is there...
    I would hate to trade a player who performed so well in the AHL playoffs.
    Peterka is a great prospect, I nearly jumped so high my head hit the ceiling when I saw what Jeramiah Crowe did with the second round of 2020.
    The key adjective is of course "prospect".
    Last season Peterka had 28 goals in 70 AHL games, Mangiapane had 35 goals (only Thompson had more for the Sabres) in 82 NHL games.
    But to get a 26 yo player as good as Mangiapane for a good prospect (Peterka could be Buffalo's fourth forward prospect behind Krebs, Quinn and Kisakov/Rosen/Poltapov) and nearly a second round pick, one would need to question our love of our prospects.
    Skinner and Olofsson are the only reasons I do not make this trade.
    IMO both of them will be near Mangiapane's 35 goals next season.
    Plus, the Sabres already traveled down this rabbit hole of chasing established players for picks and prospects.
    As much as I trust Jeramiah Crowes ability to judge talent, I doubt he will get a player as good as Mangiapane with the ninth over all.
    I agree with @Stadel "but some of you Sabres fans are out to lunch" only 24 NHL forwards had more than 35 goals last year, that is a very elite company.
    So there I go again swimming against the tide.
    Stadel and GMTD liked this.
    May 31, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.
    Funksoljah
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts
    Peterka is a great prospect, I nearly jumped so high my head hit the ceiling when I saw what Jeramiah Crowe did with the second round of 2020.
    Last season Peterka had 28 goals in 70 AHL games, Mangiapane had 35 goals (only Thompson had more for the Sabres) in 82 NHL games.
    But to get a 26 yo player as good as Mangiapane for a good prospect (Peterka could be Buffalo's fourth forward prospect behind Krebs, Quinn and Kisakov/Rosen/Poltapov) and nearly a second round pick, one would need to question our love of our prospects.
    Plus, the Sabres already traveled down this rabbit hole of chasing established players for picks and prospects.
    As much as I trust Jeramiah Crowes ability to judge talent, I doubt he will get a player as good as Mangiapane with the ninth over all.
    I agree with Stadel "but some of you Sabres fans are out to lunch" only 24 NHL forwards had more than 35 goals last year, that is a very elite company.

The issue here is contract status for me. He had a career year in a contract year which also happens to be his final year before he hits UFA. We also don't know what his contract demands are. What if he's set on becoming a UFA and will only sign a 1 year deal? Or what if he's looking for 7+ per season, does his past track record justify that type of commitment and risk? The Sabres have taken those types of risks in the past and they have usually blown up in their faces (Moulson, Leino, Skinner, Hodgson). This is why I'm glad Thompson still has 2 years left on his deal, so we have time to be sure that his breakout is sustainable. Yes you run some risk in doing that as he may drive his price up, but you also reduce the risk of buyers remorse. If Mangiapane falls back to being a 20-25 goal scorer and you signed him for a massive deal you are left with egg on your face, and right now this is a team that shouldn't be taking those risks. Develop the prospects, don't try to speed it up. A ton of these young guys are bonding and helping change the culture in the locker room, let that continue until you see what you have.
    May 31, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
    cc
    May 31, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
    I agree with Stadel "but some of you Sabres fans are out to lunch" only 24 NHL forwards had more than 35 goals last year, that is a very elite company.

I would definatly do the trade if I was Buffalo's GM, all I'm saying is that I doubt Kevyn Adams would. He has a plan and doesn't seems to want to change it and I think Peterka is a big piece for him in his vision of the team. Peterka and a second is definatly a good deal for a 35 goal scorer but Adams had made it very clear that he won't change his plan and stick with the process.
    May 31, 2022 at 6:59 p.m.
    Sabres fan

In addition to his potential contract demands consider that Mangiapane produced this career year in a contract year, and did it with some incredibly talented linemates. As much as I like players like Krebs and Cozens they don’t yet compare with Elias Lindholm or Matt Tkachuk for example. I wonder if he could repeat the kind of numbers he put up last year with new teammates. I really like Mangiapane a lot, and I would trade for him as long as Calgary is fine receiving draft picks in return, I would give as much as the 16 and 27, provided Mangiapane will sign a new contract when the trade is done. If Calgary demands a prospect like Quinn, Peterka, or Samuelsson I hang up. The Sabres have plenty of options and don’t have to part with a top prospect to make this team better.
    May 31, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.
    Two late firsts is hardly steep. If you have to involve 9th overall, it gets dicey. But most picks 16 and 28 barely scratch the surface of being a fringe top 6 forward. Mangiapane would be a huge add, and has plenty of years left in him. Fans are way too attached to first rounders. Like top 10 picks i get. But 16 and 28? Statistically speaking its more likely those guys are included in a deal 2 years later for a player far worse than mangiapane.

Edit: This is like someone telling you 16th and 28th overall would be too much for Alex Tuch. Kind of ridiculous, no?

Why do you want to trade him?
    May 31, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.
    Quoting: Funksoljah
    The issue here is contract status for me...
    ..did it with some incredibly talented linemates...
    Did you both miss: " I do not make this trade...the Sabres already traveled down this rabbit hole of chasing established players for picks and prospects."
    His primary line mates were:
    27.1% MIKAEL BACKLUND - BLAKE COLEMAN - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    13.2% MIKAEL BACKLUND - TYLER TOFFOLI - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    6.1% MILAN LUCIC - MIKAEL BACKLUND - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    4.9% BRETT RITCHIE - DILLON DUBE - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    4.3% MILAN LUCIC - DILLON DUBE - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    3.5% DILLON DUBE - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    3.4% BLAKE COLEMAN - SEAN MONAHAN - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    2.5% CALLE JARNKROK - BLAKE COLEMAN - ANDREW MANGIAPANE
    65% of his ice time was with Backlund, Coleman, Toffoli, Lucic, Ritchie, Dube, Coleman, Monahan, Jarnkrok.
    i see no reason why he could not get 35 goals with Cozens and Quinn.

Regardless, I do not advocate this trade as Buffalo does not need another LW, but he would be a great addition to the line up!
    GMTD liked this.
    May 31, 2022 at 9:03 p.m.
    Sabres fan

Regardless, I do not advocate this trade as Buffalo does not need another LW, but he would be a great addition to the line up!

I may have gotten his linemates wrong, but I’m sure he played power-play with those guys. Monahan had a terrible year, but he at least used to be a high level playmaker. Backlund is a solid two-way center who can pass, Dube has good speed too. I find Toffoli to be a similar kind of player to Mangiapane. Otherwise he has played with guys who create room for him on the ice: Lucic, Coleman, Richie. But I guess my point is there’s a reason those combinations work. While Krebs and Cozens can pass, neither of them really has the size to open up space for Mangiapane to finish off scoring chances. I would trade a couple draft picks to get him if that were the asking price, because a guy like Olofsson can play either wing. Of course pulling the trigger on a trade like this says that this team is accelerating the rebuild, and I’m not sure that that’s what they’re planning on.
    May 31, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
    I may have gotten his linemates wrong, but I’m sure he played power-play with those guys. Monahan had a terrible year, but he at least used to be a high level playmaker. Backlund is a solid two-way center who can pass, Dube has good speed too. I find Toffoli to be a similar kind of player to Mangiapane. Otherwise he has played with guys who create room for him on the ice: Lucic, Coleman, Richie. But I guess my point is there’s a reason those combinations work. While Krebs and Cozens can pass, neither of them really has the size to open up space for Mangiapane to finish off scoring chances. I would trade a couple draft picks to get him if that were the asking price, because a guy like Olofsson can play either wing. Of course pulling the trigger on a trade like this says that this team is accelerating the rebuild, and I’m not sure that that’s what they’re planning on.
    I am not going to waste any more of my time checking with who played on the the PP, the web site with that information is below you can check it out.
    Look for your self here are all of his line combinations https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php?select=F&forward=CGY%3A4286%3AANDREW%3AMANGIAPANE&games=2021-2022%3AR%3A99&period=ALL&situation=ALL
    If you do not want to calculate the individual line combination ice time this site will condense it all for you:
    https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/calgary-flames/line-combinations/

The fact is Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Monahan and Toffoli all had more PP TOI than he.
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Forwards&team=CGY&mingp=5&rookie=All&period=2021-2022%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Ice+Time&reportdata_length=30

Only 8 of his 35 goals were PP and he was third behind Tkachuk, 12 and Lindholm 10 last year.

I do not understand why you are continuing this thread!
    The only part of my quote you cited was
    "Regardless, I do not advocate this trade as Buffalo does not need another LW, but he would be a great addition to the line up!"

What part of that is unclear?
    What part of that do you disagree?
    Why are you still carrying on this discussion when it appears that we both would not do the trade?
    Do you know how to just stop?
    Do you just want to disagree with me?
    Do you want me to disagree with the facts and say, yes he played with Lindholm and Tkachuk when he did not?

I completely understand what you are saying and while you seem to over look my comments, I agree with you, I WOULD NOT MAKE THE TRADE!
    I do not know what else you want from me!
    GMTD liked this.
    May 31, 2022 at 11:49 p.m.
    Why do you want to trade him?

i assume you mean trade for him?
    Jun. 1, 2022 at 1:19 a.m.
    Sabres fan
    You sound upset. I’m not really sure I understand why. I’m just further elaborating a point that we seem to agree on. Or to at least expand the conversation beyond the surface level, explaining how I see the line combinations working for him. I neither have the time nor the inclination to bury myself in the calculations of who played with who in what situations.

But to save you a potential aneurysm I’ll gladly end the conversation here by saying we agree he is a fantastic hockey player. He’s always had a solid scoring touch, and he seems to have a knack for scoring timely goals and not just a quantity of them. He would be a solid addition to the team if they decided to make that move, but it would be a costly trade depending on what pieces are required to make it happen. I believe most people have agreed the timing would not be quite right, but we are not professional scouts. Admittedly I would be pretty damn excited if Kevyn Adams could pull the trigger on a trade like that using only draft picks to make it happen. One thing we do know is they have to spend a crap load of money filling out the roster this year, and there’s at least 1000 different ways they can do that.
    Jun. 1, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
    i assume you mean trade for him?

No. I stated it correctly.

You have a stud LW that was picked in the 6th round. He had a breakout season and has all the makings of a top-six/probable top-line winger who plays in all situations. By the looks of it one of Tkachuk or Gaudreau will be leaving and you have a highly regarded replacement ready to step in, yet you proposed a trade for a highly regarded prospect and a lower first-rounder. When that fell through you called "two late firsts, hardly steep" yet in the same forum, "top 10 picks i get. But 16 and 28? Statistically speaking its more likely those guys are included in a deal 2 years later for a player far worse than mangiapane.

So, why are you trading Mangiapane for the 16th and 28th pick that are "more than likely included in a deal 2 years later for a player far worse than Mangiapane." If that's the case, why are you trading him for a measly return?
    Jun. 1, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
    No. I stated it correctly.

You have a stud LW that was picked in the 6th round. He had a breakout season and has all the makings of a top-six/probable top-line winger who plays in all situations. By the looks of it one of Tkachuk or Gaudreau will be leaving and you have a highly regarded replacement ready to step in, yet you proposed a trade for a highly regarded prospect and a lower first-rounder. When that fell through you called "two late firsts, hardly steep" yet in the same forum, "top 10 picks i get. But 16 and 28? Statistically speaking its more likely those guys are included in a deal 2 years later for a player far worse than mangiapane.

So, why are you trading Mangiapane for the 16th and 28th pick that are "more than likely included in a deal 2 years later for a player far worse than Mangiapane." If that's the case, why are you trading him for a measly return?

I’m…not? I don’t understand what you’re getting at lol. If you’re asking why he might be available, the cap might make it happen.

Edit: I think they’ll bring back both tkachuk and gaudreau

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll