Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 31, 2022 at 6:21 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
So you get duclaire at a discount because Florida is in cap trouble but everyone else takes the leafs cap dumps at market value?
Islanders6187, dannibalcorpse, Knuckl3s and 1 other person liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
NickLeddyStan2
Do you not know what the word fair means?

Everyone says no to Toronto smile
May 31, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
NickLeddyStan2
Quoting: The_Rocket
So you get duclaire at a discount because Florida is in cap trouble but everyone else takes the leafs cap dumps at market value?

What if we offered you Jake Muzzin for Anthony Duclair— Every Toronto Fan Ever
vols94 liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
Canucks Fan... Help
I think Florida would love to trade Duclair, but they'll get a bit more than this and sign Marchment.

I doubt anyone is giving picks for Holl.

It'll cost more than a 2nd to dump Mrazek.

Kerfoot's value is actually fair, but the Canucks do not want another middle 6 winger. No idea why everyone is intent on trading him to Van and only Van, trade him elsewhere.
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
Zach
Quoting: YesThisIsFlo
I think Florida would love to trade Duclair, but they'll get a bit more than this and sign Marchment.

I doubt anyone is giving picks for Holl.

It'll cost more than a 2nd to dump Mrazek.

Kerfoot's value is actually fair, but the Canucks do not want another middle 6 winger. No idea why everyone is intent on trading him to Van and only Van, trade him elsewhere.

I feel he can help Vancouver, You can use him as centre or winger and he can kill penalites.
Arizona is only looking for picks, before this season there is a high sample size of him being successful and Arizona needs to hit the floor
Holl can still play a bottom 4 role and is good on the PK, Toronto just has younger options to replace him
I agree Florida will ask for more, but one can dream
May 31, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Quoting: ZachArmel
I feel he can help Vancouver, You can use him as centre or winger and he can kill penalites.
Arizona is only looking for picks, before this season there is a high sample size of him being successful and Arizona needs to hit the floor
Holl can still play a bottom 4 role and is good on the PK, Toronto just has younger options to replace him

Luke schenn at 850k is more valuable than Kerfoot at 3.5 million
PeterForsberg21 and Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
VAN decline, they would much rather keep Schenn and the cap space.
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:42 p.m.
Zach
Quoting: PeterForsberg21
VAN decline, they would much rather keep Schenn and the cap space.

Luke schenn at 850k is more valuable than Kerfoot at 3.5 million

If vancouver wants to win they won't be keeping the cap space. Kerfoot scored 51 points, making under market value for a penalty killer who can also get points. He has a good value contract and will be way more impactful than Schenn
May 31, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
Canucks Fan... Help

If he was even a good C, Van needs a right handed C, and are cap strapped so why would they spend over 3 mil on a player that isn't needed. It's absolutely not a fit. Van's PK also wasn't a problem once Boudreau was hired.

No team has ever had a problem hitting the salary cap floor, ever, it's not a real thing.
For a better reference point, NYI dumped Ladd's 2x$5.5 cap w/ $5 mil real money for two 2nds and a 3rd.
Mrazek's 2x$3.8 mil w/ $8.6 mil real money probably costs around that, because they're not exactly flowing with cash.

Holl is more of a bottom 2 dman, and no one trades picks for those cause there's a ton of em, especially one that is 2 mil.
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
If vancouver wants to win they won't be keeping the cap space. Kerfoot scored 51 points, making under market value for a penalty killer who can also get points. He has a good value contract and will be way more impactful than Schenn

First of all VAN is trying to shed salary. Schenn is also a stable defense partner for Hughes. Schenn means more to the Canucks on and off the ice, the organization values him highly. They don't need Kerfoot, they need a right shot center.
The_Rocket and Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:50 p.m.
Zach
If he was even a good C, Van needs a right handed C, and are cap strapped so why would they spend over 3 mil on a player that isn't needed. It's absolutely not a fit. Van's PK also wasn't a problem once Boudreau was hired.

No team has ever had a problem hitting the salary cap floor, ever, it's not a real thing.
For a better reference point, NYI dumped Ladd's 2x$5.5 cap w/ $5 mil real money for two 2nds and a 3rd.
Mrazek's 2x$3.8 mil w/ $8.6 mil real money probably costs around that, because they're not exactly flowing with cash.

Holl is more of a bottom 2 dman, and no one trades picks for those cause there's a ton of em, especially one that is 2 mil.

Travis Dermott netted Toronto a 3rd round pick, Kurtis MacDermid traded for a 4th, Butcher for a 5th, Hagg for a 6th, Hamonic for a 3rd. Just saying

Nick Ritchie making 2.5 for two years was traded with a conditional pick for Lybushkin
May 31, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff

Kerfoot had 13 goals and ran at an 11.23% on ice shooting percentage 5v5 this year. He’s a 30 point 3rd line centre that doesn’t drive play and got some fortunate assists riding shotgun with Tavares and nylander this year.

On the other hand, luke schenn and Quinn Hughes played over 600 mins 5v5 last year and were Vancouvers best pair at preventing scoring chances and xGA 5v5. 2.37 xGA/60 as a pair which is better than any leafs pair who played more than 400 minutes together (Muzzin and Holl were 2.47 xGA/60 which is the leafs best).

So, Luke schenn at 850k he showed this year he can be a reliable stop gap partner for Quinn Hughes is much more valuable to Vancouver than a 30 point centre who rode percentages to a career year and will cost more than he’s worth
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Travis Dermott netted Toronto a 3rd round pick, Kurtis MacDermid traded for a 4th, Butcher for a 5th, Hagg for a 6th, Hamonic for a 3rd. Just saying

All of these players are either better than Holl or have a much smaller cap hit than Holl or both
Nick Ritchie making 2.5 for two years was traded with a conditional pick for Lybushkin
May 31, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
Zach
Kerfoot had 13 goals and ran at an 11.23% on ice shooting percentage 5v5 this year. He’s a 30 point 3rd line centre that doesn’t drive play and got some fortunate assist riding shotgun with Tavares and nylander this year.

On the other hand, like schenn and Quinn Hughes played over 600 mins 5v5 last year and were Vancouvers best pair at preventing scoring chances and xGA 5v5. 2.37 xGA/60 as a pair which is better than any leafs pair who played more than 400 minutes together (Muzzin and Holl were 2.47 xGA/60 which is the leafs best).

So, Luke schenn at 850k he showed this year he can be a reliable stop gap partner for Quinn Hughes is much more valuable to Vancouver than a 30 point centre who rode percentages to a career year and will cost more than he’s worth

Kerfoot's career shooting percentage is 11%, this year was actually lower than last year and his second lowest in his career. His points/60 at 5v5 were a career high for him, he's had 40+ points in 3 of his seasons, he played over 140 minutes on the pk and is a threat to score on the pk, he is fast and can play with elite players...
May 31, 2022 at 7:02 p.m.
we miss leo k
-Anthony Duclair just came off a 31-goal season and is signed for 2 more years at a $3M cap hit. Not only are there probably a half-dozen guys Florida moves before they get to him, but they sure as hell aren't gonna take a pile of beans in a B-tier prospect, a complete non-prospect, and next year's 3rd for him.

-Kerfoot for a 3rd works for Vancouver (or wherever) but getting a reliable veteran RD3 at only $850K means Toronto needs to add. I can't see Vancouver being super excited to move him at that cap hit since they have some cap issues of their own.

-Holl gets a 4th or a 5th but not both, if I'm gonna nitpick.

-Mrazek doesn't make as much sense for Arizona if only because he's the opposite of their normal cap dumps. Check out who they traded for last summer - every single one of those guys they acquired, minus Anton Stralman, had a lower salary paid out than their cap hit. Stralman, FWIW, had a salary that matched his cap hit. Mrazek has a salary that actually exceeds his cap hit - Arizona would spend $8.6M in real money over the next 2 seasons for $7.6M in cap hit. I just think it's unlikely they buck their trend to get a 2nd rounder three drafts from now.

-I think you'd need a little more to get Stolarz but not much - either upgrade the prospect to someone like Abruzzese (or whoever Anaheim might be into) or upgrade the pick to a 3rd. Stolarz has developed into a solid backup on a very cheap salary so I can't see them rushing out the door to move him for scraps.
Knuckl3s and YesThisIsFlo liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.
Zach
Kerfoot's career shooting percentage is 11%, this year was actually lower than last year and his second lowest in his career. His points/60 at 5v5 were a career high for him, he's had 40+ points in 3 of his seasons, he played over 140 minutes on the pk and is a threat to score on the pk, he is fast and can play with elite players...

His xgf was at 52% and at even strength he started in the defensive zone over 50% of the time
May 31, 2022 at 7:06 p.m.
Zach
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
-Anthony Duclair just came off a 31-goal season and is signed for 2 more years at a $3M cap hit. Not only are there probably a half-dozen guys Florida moves before they get to him, but they sure as hell aren't gonna take a pile of beans in a B-tier prospect, a complete non-prospect, and next year's 3rd for him.

-Kerfoot for a 3rd works for Vancouver (or wherever) but getting a reliable veteran RD3 at only $850K means Toronto needs to add. I can't see Vancouver being super excited to move him at that cap hit since they have some cap issues of their own.

-Holl gets a 4th or a 5th but not both, if I'm gonna nitpick.

-Mrazek doesn't make as much sense for Arizona if only because he's the opposite of their normal cap dumps. Check out who they traded for last summer - every single one of those guys they acquired, minus Anton Stralman, had a lower salary paid out than their cap hit. Stralman, FWIW, had a salary that matched his cap hit. Mrazek has a salary that actually exceeds his cap hit - Arizona would spend $8.6M in real money over the next 2 seasons for $7.6M in cap hit. I just think it's unlikely they buck their trend to get a 2nd rounder three drafts from now.

-I think you'd need a little more to get Stolarz but not much - either upgrade the prospect to someone like Abruzzese (or whoever Anaheim might be into) or upgrade the pick to a 3rd. Stolarz has developed into a solid backup on a very cheap salary so I can't see them rushing out the door to move him for scraps.

They did take Nick Ritchie who's 3.3 mill base salary next year is almost a mill higher than his cap. I could see him getting to Arizona, might need to add a player or something but I think Toronto explores any way to get him off the books without giving a 1st or top prospect or having to buy him out. Don't underestimate Dubas
May 31, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
Canucks Fan... Help

Sorry, I meant they're not traded in the offseason when they can just sign others for nothing. You're right that he might get something during the season, but I highly doubt anyone trades assets for him during the offseason when they can sign other options for no assets and less cap.

Also, I don't think Arizona viewed Ritchie as a cap dump. I think they thought they were upgrading their roster and getting a pick.
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff

Individual shooting percentage and on ice shooting percentage are not the same thing. On-ice shooting percentage is how often the team scores when a player is on the ice and can help contextualize assist numbers. Individual shooting percentage only contexualizes goal numbers (which aren’t very good anyways).

Kerfoots career on ice shooting percentage average prior to this season is 8.48. If we assume perfect distribution between team goals scored while Kerfoot is in the ice and team goals that Kerfoot got a point on, he would have only got 37.54 points this year (we will round up to 38) based on 8.48 oniSh%. His most common linemate this year was John Tavares. 2nd most was Nylander.

While he did have a 51.9% xGF% this season 5v5, the leafs as a team had 55.19 xGF% 5v5. This means the team actually controlled play worse when he was on the ice compared to when he was on the bench.

If we look at his isolated impact from Evolving hockey, his xGF+/-/60 impact is -.091/60, meaning he actively hurt the leafs by 0.091 expected goals per 60 minutes. This is a tiny amount, so really we can only say with confidence based on this stat that Kerfoot doesn’t drive play.

TLDR, an NHL team interested in aquiring Kerfoot would be getting him as a complimentary player who, if he plays in the top 6, will probably get between 30-40 points assuming a normal shooting season and can pk pretty good.

Simply not at all what Vancouver needs
Knuckl3s liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 9:08 p.m.

Sorry Toronto fans. Mrazek's backloaded contract will get you a big no from AZ. they dont want to spend more cash and there are plenty of get to the floor candidate out there who make less than their cap hit

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll