Speak of the Devil
Quoting: DirtyDangle
nyr sweeping tampa would be TERRIBLE

yup
yikes liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 12:10 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Finally McDavid gets a good winger
A_Habs_fan, yikes and SevenLeg liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
Quoting: Devil

You’ve got to be kidding
yikes liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899
You’ve got to be kidding

Dave Tippett’s back as Oilers HC
yikes, Db1899 and zk97 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Db1899
You’ve got to be kidding

Well… the Oilers are unofficially eliminated

If Leons out… gg

Thank god Nurse may not play ig.
Db1899 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 12:50 p.m.
retired
maintenance day or are they confirmed out?
Jun. 4, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I can’t stand the rangers. They were gift wrapped Lafreniere, Kakko, Fox, Panarin and Gerard Gallant. Luckiest f*ckin team in the league. If they win this series or even the Stanley cup, they don’t deserve it

Cut the crap for f*ck's sake Andrew

We weren't the team that is or was almost TWENTY MILLION over the cap

And how did we get "gifted" with Gallant? Other teams could've hired him easily, it wasn't a gift at all, hell, he had been unemployed for well over a year when we hired him.

You're just a salty Isles fan, don't even try to deny it. And shut the f up about things you know nothing about
capsfan2121 and BigBallsBriere liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

And how did we get "gifted" with Gallant? Other teams could've hired him easily, it wasn't a gift at all, hell, he had been unemployed for well over a year when we hired him.

You're just a salty Isles fan, don't even try to deny it. And shut the f up about things you know nothing about

wow

Rangers-Islanders rivalry is still a thing
AndrewLadd, A_Habs_fan, Tintin and 4 others liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

in defnese of tampa, while being 20 million over the cap is bs, it's impressive how they built their team thorugh good drafting. Palat, Cirelli, Killorn and Point were all late round picks. They developed Vasy into a top 2 goalie in the game. The rangers, on the other hand were gifted two top 2 picks, while not being a bottom 5 team in the league either year, and actually making the playoffs one of those years. Adam Fox whined and cried his way onto the rangers. Playing in the NHL is a privelage, and he completely ignored the integrity of the game to play with his hometown team. Artemi Panarin only wanted to go to the rangers, and used other teams for money. Don't forget bob mckenzie tweeting it looks like panarin is going to the islanders, likely for panarin to leverage more money out of NYR. Gallant maybe wasn't "gifted," but he surely should have been hired long before he was. Sure maybe I am salty, who cares, but lets not act like ramgers fans werent salty when the islanders made the conference finals
Jun. 4, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: SevenLeg
wow

its funny to me that he doesnt even bring up panarin, fox, or the wingers on the bust line, because he knows the rangers lucked out in one way or another with all of them
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: AndrewLadd
in defnese of tampa, while being 20 million over the cap is bs, it's impressive how they built their team thorugh good drafting. Palat, Cirelli, Killorn and Point were all late round picks. They developed Vasy into a top 2 goalie in the game. The rangers, on the other hand were gifted two top 2 picks, while not being a bottom 5 team in the league either year, and actually making the playoffs one of those years. Adam Fox whined and cried his way onto the rangers. Playing in the NHL is a privelage, and he completely ignored the integrity of the game to play with his hometown team. Artemi Panarin only wanted to go to the rangers, and used other teams for money. Don't forget bob mckenzie tweeting it looks like panarin is going to the islanders, likely for panarin to leverage more money out of NYR. Gallant maybe wasn't "gifted," but he surely should have been hired long before he was. Sure maybe I am salty, who cares, but lets not act like ramgers fans werent salty when the islanders made the conference finals

First off, let's start with the end of your comment, saying that we Rags fans were salty when the Isles went on a run... I'm not a member of any NYR fan club or whatever. I,m barely a part of ONE FB group about the NYR, so I can't have the pulse of every single NYR fan under the sun. And frankly, I'm a pretty principled guy, I'm a NYR fan that defends Sidney Crosby when other NYR fans call him a baby, because he's not, he's an exceptional player and I'd be willing to do the same for NYR fans that might've been salty when your Isles went on a run. No issue(s) there. The Isles had a good team, a well coached one and they deserved every bit of their runs.

Second, on the part about Adam Fox... is there a law out there that prevents a player from doing that? And I remember when the deal with CAR was made, not a lot of people expected him to become such a great defender, we knew he was gonna be a good part of our top four moving forward, but it wasn't clear he would become a top 5 d-man in the league. He exploded when he arrived in Manhattan, even even then, his first season, the 19-20 one, wasn't "fantastic" by popular metrics. Everyone was talking about Makar and Hughes, not particularly Fox. Hell, Tony Freaking DeAngelo had a flashier 19-20 season than Fox... that should tell you everything. So again, wrong here, he wasn't thought as as a potential Norris trophy winner or a franchise d-man. A good one? Yes, certainly... a great one? Likely... but not a Norris level one.

About TB building through the draft... TB wasn't lucky with some of their picks?? Come on my guy, you're smarter than that. I'll just give one example since this comment shouldn't take ages to read.

TB got insanely lucky finding Point 79th overall in 2014. If he got drafted by CLB 2 picks earlier then TB wouldn't even have had the chance to develop him, which erases your whole point about development.

Who was the guy drafted 2 picks earlier? A certain Blake Siebenaler... you probably never heard of him, and I don't blame you, he never played a game in the show and likely never will.

Things like this happen ALL THE TIME... teams find hidden gems in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds, it happens... hell, Lundqvist was a 7th rounder, Rinne and Byfuglien were 8th rounders, and DET picked two guys, you might have heard of them, respectively in the 6th and 7 round, PAVEL DATSYUK AND HENRIK ZETTERBERG. Was DET just "lUcKy" to have won in 08? No they weren't, they were an insanely good team. Luck is party of the game, and it's silly for anyone to deny it.

And you think we didn't develop our players properly? Miller became a strong top 4 d-man while being developed under us, Lindgren became one of the best young shutdown defenders in the league and he was developed by us, Shesterkin has been working with one of, if not the best goalie coach in the league for a few years now, Zibanejad became a star while being developed in NY, Strome got his career underway in the Big Apple and is due for a big payday thx to his time in us

If you truly believe we don't deserve it IF (and it's still a big 'IF' at this point) we conquer Lord Stanley then you're as blind as blind gets.

A line composed of three players that, up until a few weeks ago, 75% of hockey fans thought of as "busts" is our most energetic line and every player on there has single-handedly been better than Kuch, Stammer and Cirelli since the beginning of this series

You don't know what you're talking about regarding the NYR so stop trying to appear more knowledgeable than what you really are.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 4:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Prediction for today:
COL 3-2 EDM
DirtyDangle liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:22 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Devil

1-0 Oilers
McDavid with the goal

The Zack Kassian effect
Sklikly liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: SevenLeg
wow

And then you have @rangersandislesfan
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:31 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Mike Smith Masterclass (for now)
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
I make typos
wow Mackinnon slew foots Drai and it isn't even a call
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:42 p.m.
I make typos
it is really nice when I get to watch some hockey in between these betting app ads
yikes and zk97 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:43 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Yeah I think MacDermid should be in game 4

As an enforcer might be needed now to keep things in line
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:46 p.m.
More Finns More Wins
Perfect deflection by Darnell Nurse ties the game!
aadoyle, yikes, Sklikly and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Perfect deflection by Darnell Nurse ties the game!

I guess you could say thats a Dang-It
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:50 p.m.
Nurse’s plan there was to prevent a cross-crease pass. I’d say mission accomplished tbh
yikes, Hurricanes_WPG and Devil liked this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Brad Malone > MacKinnon
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:53 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
MacKinnon really woke up and chose violence against Draisaitl
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Colorado watched how we PK'D in the playoffs as man were they getting aggressive SH and it makes sense to do so with the talent they have

Thats in general the perfect way to PK. Dont just be defensive get aggressive and try to create offense.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CoopsTroops
MacKinnon really woke up and chose violence against Draisaitl

I guess hes trying to even the 2c for 2c quota based on Kadri getting hurt on a Kane cross check

Not a great idea to do it as being thrown out would not be smart

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll