SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #5-The East and the West

Jun. 10, 2022 at 8:51 a.m.
What in tarnation
Trouba is probably the dirtiest player in the league and considering the guys there are around the league that's saying something.

The question though - is Trouba copying Rags fans with these headshots or the other way around
yikes, oilersguy and CoopsTroops liked this.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: justaBoss
Trouba is probably the dirtiest player in the league and considering the guys there are around the league that's saying something.

The question though - is Trouba copying Rags fans with these headshots or the other way around

Glad they caught him, dude deserves lifetime ban not just from MSG
yikes, NoVaSpartan, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others liked this.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 10:14 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Glad they caught him, dude deserves lifetime ban not just from MSG

Man needs some prison time, and pay compensation for the guy he knocked out
Jun. 10, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
retired
Edited Jun. 10, 2022 at 10:40 a.m.

2 counts on everything. did he sucker someone else?

edit:
Quote:
According to the NYPD, a Good Samaritan witnessed the incident and tried to stop the assailant, who then punched him in the face too.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I’d really love to see the interference in that Tampa clip, because there’s none, one of them shows Holl completely blocking Point from pursuing Tavares, the other shows a Tampa and NYR player try to avoid each other and barely collide[/quote]

I liked to believe I’m not looking at this through rose coloured Leaf glasses but how is it different? Paul saktes directly at him, even though there was tons of clear ice on either side, and impedes the Ranger player from being able to block the shot. If Paul doesn't get close to him then he's in the shooting lane to block that shot. That’s a pick/interference whatever you want to call it. Do the plays look the exact same, no, but if Holl was interfering with Cirelli then for me, Paul was too. That’s just how I see it.

But as @aadoyle no point in crying over something that can’t be changed.

sobbing-uncontrollable.gif

It’s just the lack of consistency that’s frustrating

Edit:
My bad f’d up the quote
@A _Habs_fan
Jun. 10, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: justaBoss

did he actually die
Jun. 10, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: capsfan2121
did he actually die

No, just knocked out cold.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
I’d really love to see the interference in that Tampa clip, because there’s none, one of them shows Holl completely blocking Point from pursuing Tavares, the other shows a Tampa and NYR player try to avoid each other and barely collide

I liked to believe I’m not looking at this through rose coloured Leaf glasses but how is it different? Paul saktes directly at him, even though there was tons of clear ice on either side, and impedes the Ranger player from being able to block the shot. If Paul doesn't get close to him then he's in the shooting lane to block that shot. That’s a pick/interference whatever you want to call it. Do the plays look the exact same, no, but if Holl was interfering with Cirelli then for me, Paul was too. That’s just how I see it.

But as aadoyle no point in crying over something that can’t be changed.

sobbing-uncontrollable.gif

It’s just the lack of consistency that’s frustrating

Edit:
My bad f’d up the quote
A _Habs_fan[/quote]

He didn’t actually hit him he just faked him out. And if there was contact it was after the ranger player already stopped after the fake out. Plus tbh Holl was just dumb. He activated and went directly to Cirelli at the side of the net from the blue line. They both stopped then Holl fell making it more obvious. There’s no reason for him to be down there at that moment other than to set a pick
Jun. 10, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
DucharmetheDOMinator, yikes, AndrewLadd and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 2:24 p.m.

Jun. 10, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
Farewell
A couple of post-Game 5-W thoughts:

-Trouba is worse than Tom Wilson. Dirty hit after dirty hit, elbow after elbow, post-whistle check after check. That was a CLEARLY intentional would-be-elbow-to-the-head of Palat had he not ducked (he's clearly seen enough tape of Trouba to know what was coming smile), and this is hardly the first time he's tried such a thing. The only thing worse than Trouba are Rangers fans. Which brings me to my next point.
-Rangers fans (on the whole) are HORRIBLE-they might even be worse than Leafs/Habs fans (again, on the whole, not saying every fan of those teams is a jerk). Just to point out one example-I have never, EVER heard a crowd at a Lightning game chanting "A--hole, A--hole" in unison if a player or ref does something they don't like. I was saying this after Game 1 already-and that was before some lowlife LITERALLY COLD-COCKED A LIGHTNING FAN IN THE HEAD and knocked him out cold (I see he was arrested and charged with multiple counts of assault, harassment and disorderly conduct-thank heaven for that).
-Now in regard to the actual game-I am absolutely thrilled (and somewhat shocked) at how well Palat is playing as of late. He's 2nd only to Kuch for the Conn Smythe right now in my mind. Picking the best time of year to sway JBB's mind on how much to offer. Hope he keeps it up (also, couldn't happen to a nicer player-the guy's a teddy bear, much like Jack Campbell).
-I love how different players are stepping up for the Lightning in every game. From Paul to Colton to Perry to Stammer to Kuch to...Sergachev?! Wow. Love it.

Here's to winning Game 6 back at Amalie, and moving on to face the Avs for the Cup.
yikes and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

-Trouba is worse than Tom Wilson. Dirty hit after dirty hit, elbow after elbow, post-whistle check after check. That was a CLEARLY intentional would-be-elbow-to-the-head of Palat had he not ducked (he's clearly seen enough tape of Trouba to know what was coming smile), and this is hardly the first time he's tried such a thing. The only thing worse than Trouba are Rangers fans. Which brings me to my next point.
-Rangers fans (on the whole) are HORRIBLE-they might even be worse than Leafs/Habs fans (again, on the whole, not saying every fan of those teams is a jerk). Just to point out one example-I have never, EVER heard a crowd at a Lightning game chanting "A--hole, A--hole" in unison if a player or ref does something they don't like. I was saying this after Game 1 already-and that was before some lowlife LITERALLY COLD-COCKED A LIGHTNING FAN IN THE HEAD and knocked him out cold (I see he was arrested and charged with multiple counts of assault, harassment and disorderly conduct-thank heaven for that).
-Now in regard to the actual game-I am absolutely thrilled (and somewhat shocked) at how well Palat is playing as of late. He's 2nd only to Kuch for the Conn Smythe right now in my mind. Picking the best time of year to sway JBB's mind on how much to offer. Hope he keeps it up (also, couldn't happen to a nicer player-the guy's a teddy bear, much like Jack Campbell).
-I love how different players are stepping up for the Lightning in every game. From Paul to Colton to Perry to Stammer to Kuch to...Sergachev?! Wow. Love it.

Here's to winning Game 6 back at Amalie, and moving on to face the Avs for the Cup.

After recent incidents I hope Tampa absolutely slaughters the New York W*nkers in Game 6. They deserve NOTHING except a major beating - in more ways than one.

Bogosian or Maroon should be nominated immediately for the HHOF for royally kicking Trouba's ass. He's been asking it for a while now.
yikes liked this.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

For me one of the more underrated players on this team, especially during this 3 year run TBL is on.

Most goals in the Conference Finals since 1990:
16 - Joe Sakic
15 - Ondrej Palat
13 - Jeff Carter, Claude Lemieux, Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Toews

Would love Palat on the Leafs 2nd line next year
SevenLeg and yikes liked this.
Jun. 10, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
For me one of the more underrated players on this team, especially during this 3 year run TBL is on.

Most goals in the Conference Finals since 1990:
16 - Joe Sakic
15 - Ondrej Palat
13 - Jeff Carter, Claude Lemieux, Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Toews

Would love Palat on the Leafs 2nd line next year

Palat is awesome - I wish SJS tried to acquire him a while back (obvi Tampa wasnt parting with him as we know)

Keeping Palat for next year would be huge for Tampa if possible.

I loved watching the "triplets" line grow throughout the years.

What a beast of a line they were as rookies and man have they shown Tampas development skills.
Johnson undrafted - actually had a solid career.
Palat is still going strong.
Kuch is a world class player.
MatthewsFan and justaBoss liked this.
Jun. 11, 2022 at 2:46 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: yikes
Palat is awesome - I wish SJS tried to acquire him a while back (obvi Tampa wasnt parting with him as we know)

Keeping Palat for next year would be huge for Tampa if possible.

I loved watching the "triplets" line grow throughout the years.

What a beast of a line they were as rookies and man have they shown Tampas development skills.
Johnson undrafted - actually had a solid career.
Palat is still going strong.
Kuch is a world class player.

Johnson in that regard reminds me a bit of Martin St. Louis. Undrafted guy, skilled as heck but discriminated due to his size. Getting into the team while MSL was still there no doubt boosted his career forward, and he had his best season just after he left. After that he regressed a bit, but was still a solid top-to-mid-6 guy and especially effective in the playoffs.
yikes liked this.
Jun. 11, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Prediction for today:
NYR 2-1 TBL
Jun. 11, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.
Bad move

KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jun. 11, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Db1899
Bad move