$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 8
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 4, 2022 at 7:20 a.m.
Think it be somewhere else, unless Buffalo is getting rid of Girgensons or Hino I can't see them doing this.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:06 a.m.
Feel like you're pretty short on the change for DeAngelo
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:11 a.m.
Forsberg is a pipe dream for us. On top of us not doing big UFA signings, it is risky due to his career year.

Martinook isnt going anywhere. RBA directly called DW to keep him on the team.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:32 a.m.
Quoting: RoyalBlueSabres
Feel like you're pretty short on the change for DeAngelo

Where is he going to get more? He's already burned bridges with Arizona, New York, and Tampa Bay... he's not exactly in a position to negotiate. Plus, he did admit in his exit interview he'd be taking a discount to stay as a thank you for the organization giving him a chance.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 8:33 a.m.
Quoting: ecupirate07
Forsberg is a pipe dream for us. On top of us not doing big UFA signings, it is risky due to his career year.

Martinook isnt going anywhere. RBA directly called DW to keep him on the team.

That's why I only did 2 years. That combined with his injury history make it a risk, but he's always been a capable scorer.

That's exactly why he needs to go. Marty is a good player, but Rod uses him in ways that he just shouldn't be used. It's damaging the team when you put Jordan Martinook on the top line but had Martin Necas and Max Domi on the 4th line.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Can't believe a 28 year old is going to sign just a two year contract.
Sure Forsberg is a good player but geez he's been a bare 65 points a year player throughout his career....his only very good season has been in 21/22.
I suppose some team is going to overpay him for a seven year contract, just wouldn't want it to be my team.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Can't believe a 28 year old is going to sign just a two year contract.
Sure Forsberg is a good player but geez he's been a bare 65 points a year player throughout his career....his only very good season has been in 21/22.
I suppose some team is going to overpay him for a seven year contract, just wouldn't want it to be my team.

He's always been a very good player, and the reason it's a 2 year contract is for that very reason. That combined with his injury history. He's going to want a shot at the cup, so why not get paid and take a shorter deal to play with a contender?
Jun. 4, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
feels like deja vu. with his injury history and his career season, he will want to cash in. there is other good team qho will be willing to pay him aswell. but like once again, why not just give him the extra years if you have the cap space. everyone here knows he wont aign for 2 years. also im suprised no one talked about that necas contract. also a pipe dream.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
Quoting: drambui
feels like deja vu. with his injury history and his career season, he will want to cash in. there is other good team qho will be willing to pay him aswell. but like once again, why not just give him the extra years if you have the cap space. everyone here knows he wont aign for 2 years. also im suprised no one talked about that necas contract. also a pipe dream.

Have you seen how bad Necas was this year? Buddy, he was GARBAGE outside of the first month.

As for the Forsberg contract, where is he going to get this much on a long-term deal? He's not even the premium UFA of this class (Gaudreau). He's going to be the fallback option and with guys like Kane, Senko, Schiefele, Fiala being on the trade market, he's not going to be a high-ranking option for a lot of teams. We know it's a career year, we know he's got an injury history. If he took a deal like this, he'd be able to cash int wice, and get a legitimate shot as a cup because ny team that will pay him what he wants is not going to be contending next year.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 10:47 a.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
Have you seen how bad Necas was this year? Buddy, he was GARBAGE outside of the first month.

As for the Forsberg contract, where is he going to get this much on a long-term deal? He's not even the premium UFA of this class (Gaudreau). He's going to be the fallback option and with guys like Kane, Senko, Schiefele, Fiala being on the trade market, he's not going to be a high-ranking option for a lot of teams. We know it's a career year, we know he's got an injury history. If he took a deal like this, he'd be able to cash int wice, and get a legitimate shot as a cup because ny team that will pay him what he wants is not going to be contending next year.

for necas, you might have not liked his play recently, but you will have to look at his career for a contract. there is no way he'll sign 2x 1 mill. try to find someone with his stats that signed a contract like that (good luck).

and if you are looking at a 1 year discount deal, i would go to colorado over carolina. and forsberg will pe preferes over players like fiala, senko and kane cause the team getting him wont have to pay asset for him. and lets be real, with the argument you listed ( career year, injury history) he will want to cash in a not take a 2 year deals. he might not go to a contender but he will go somwhere else. once again, i dont own the absolute truth, im just looking at the past to predict the future and i cant remember someone taking a 2 year deal to contend in the last 15 years while a UFA.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 11:08 a.m.
Quoting: drambui
for necas, you might have not liked his play recently, but you will have to look at his career for a contract. there is no way he'll sign 2x 1 mill. try to find someone with his stats that signed a contract like that (good luck).

and if you are looking at a 1 year discount deal, i would go to colorado over carolina. and forsberg will pe preferes over players like fiala, senko and kane cause the team getting him wont have to pay asset for him. and lets be real, with the argument you listed ( career year, injury history) he will want to cash in a not take a 2 year deals. he might not go to a contender but he will go somwhere else. once again, i dont own the absolute truth, im just looking at the past to predict the future and i cant remember someone taking a 2 year deal to contend in the last 15 years while a UFA.

You want me to find players that scored 15 points in the last 8 months of the year and will make a million? That's not hard. He's not been good, has shown massive regression and he's going to have to take a deal like this. He's not arbitration eligible, anyone that will offer him what he wants wont be contending for the cup like Carolina, and he's still controlled by the Canes.

Sure, but Colorado has this guy to extend coming up called Nathan MacKinnon. If you want to act like this is a 1 year contract, Burakovsky is up, they need to find a goaltender because Kuemper is up, Kadri, Nishuskin is up... There's no cap there. But this isn't a 1-year discount deal, look at the contract again. It's 2. The fact you think he'll prioritize term over cash is fine, but it's not known. You could knock two or three million off of that contract if he's getting max term. He knows he could cash in twice, and if he's serious about winning the cup, his best chance is to do it as a useful top six contributor.

If you want an example of a guy doing this to find a home on a contender, Taylor Hall. That was slightly different because he signed with Buffalo and there was an understanding that he would be moved at the deadline to a cup contender and that was a 1-year deal, but again... Hall's injury history is very comparable to that of Forsberg's. When Hall is healthy, he's fantastic. Forsberg is the same. That's why I structured it this way. Obviously, it could be a one year deal, but this is his best bet.
Jun. 4, 2022 at 11:39 a.m.
You want me to find players that scored 15 points in the last 8 months of the year and will make a million? That's not hard. He's not been good, has shown massive regression and he's going to have to take a deal like this. He's not arbitration eligible, anyone that will offer him what he wants wont be contending for the cup like Carolina, and he's still controlled by the Canes.

Sure, but Colorado has this guy to extend coming up called Nathan MacKinnon. If you want to act like this is a 1 year contract, Burakovsky is up, they need to find a goaltender because Kuemper is up, Kadri, Nishuskin is up... There's no cap there. But this isn't a 1-year discount deal, look at the contract again. It's 2. The fact you think he'll prioritize term over cash is fine, but it's not known. You could knock two or three million off of that contract if he's getting max term. He knows he could cash in twice, and if he's serious about winning the cup, his best chance is to do it as a useful top six contributor.

If you want an example of a guy doing this to find a home on a contender, Taylor Hall. That was slightly different because he signed with Buffalo and there was an understanding that he would be moved at the deadline to a cup contender and that was a 1-year deal, but again... Hall's injury history is very comparable to that of Forsberg's. When Hall is healthy, he's fantastic. Forsberg is the same. That's why I structured it this way. Obviously, it could be a one year deal, but this is his best bet.

come on man, you know they will look at more than just this year. look at the contract kk signed, necas will have some leverage for the last 3 years of his. i would put 1000$ that he would not signed 2x 1mil even if i would just win 10$. i dont think you can find a single player that young who signed a contract like that with his stat.

and like you said, the hall situation was different, it was not a contender, was 1 year and was as flat cap happened, so everybody was surpised and didnt plan their cap accordingly. now we dont know for sure what will happen, cause anything can happen really, i might eat my words up. but i can tell you thiugh even if it might happen, its not really realistic, based on precedent. and i love the canes, they are my 3rd favorite team, so i cheer for something like that to happen, but i dont expect it to happen.
Jun. 5, 2022 at 8:48 a.m.
Where is he going to get more? He's already burned bridges with Arizona, New York, and Tampa Bay... he's not exactly in a position to negotiate. Plus, he did admit in his exit interview he'd be taking a discount to stay as a thank you for the organization giving him a chance.

Maybe then. Just seems short for a top pairing pp1guy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll