2. 2022 1st round pick (LAK)
LAK
  1. Fiala, Kevin
MIN
    Future considerations
    NJD
    1. Fiala, Kevin
    Additional Details:
    We have zero leverage in a Fiala trade but only in the case that he’s being traded to NJ so it makes the most sense to give him to them for free
    MIN
    1. Wahlstrom, Oliver
    2. 2022 1st round pick (NYI)
    NYI
    1. Fiala, Kevin
    MIN
    1. Järventie, Roby
    2. 2022 1st round pick (OTT)
    OTT
    1. Fiala, Kevin
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the LAK
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$82,500,000$84,371,922$0$1,302,500-$1,871,922
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 4
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    C
    UFA - 7
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $3,100,000$3,100,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Fiala, Kevin
    $7,750,000$7,750,000
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $894,167$894,167
    LW
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $7,575,000$7,575,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $3,666,667$3,666,667
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $847,500$847,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RD
    RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:18 a.m.
    Quoting: Devil
    And why are you targetting that at me? I've only made one Fiala trade which included a 2023 first.
    And I could say the same about you. One of your trades was Gritsyuk and the 5th pick for Fiala which Devils would be terrible for the Devils. You're being hypocritical and salty.

Because you’re one of the the “10” NJ fans on here that agree with everything the other “9” says, including that Fiala is worth Boqvist and a 2nd round pick. Meanwhile the rest of society says that the conversation starts with a 1st and a good prospect/young player. I mean seriously, we have beat writers of other teams saying that 7th overall and a good prospect or 13th overall and Aatu Räty is fair value for Fiala but you’re over here saying “no, we think that a 4th line winger and a decent 2nd round pick should get it done and that Guerin would be lucky to get that as a return” what about that doesn’t scream delusional?

If you think I’m salty about this you’d be wrong lol, every time I see one of your guys opinions it is pure entertainment.
    IcemanJoe liked this.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:19 a.m.
    Everyone accepts except Carolina
    chaserice liked this.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:20 a.m.
    Quoting: SimonSelaars3
    Because you’re one of the the “10” NJ fans on here that agree with everything the other “9” says, including that Fiala is worth Boqvist and a 2nd round pick. Meanwhile the rest of society says that the conversation starts with a 1st and a good prospect/young player. I mean seriously, we have beat writers of other teams saying that 7th overall and a good prospect or 13th overall and Aatu Räty is fair value for Fiala but you’re over here saying “no, we think that a 4th line winger and a decent 2nd round pick should get it done and that Guerin would be lucky to get that as a return” what about that doesn’t scream delusional?

If you think I’m salty about this you’d be wrong lol, every time I see one of your guys opinions it is pure entertainment.

If I’m the islanders I’m not moving Raty I’d move Wahlstrom, Beauviller and Bellows way before him
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:20 a.m.
    Speak of the Devil

When have I said Fiala for Boqvist + 2nd was fair?
    You making stuff up now? Embarrassing
    HeadHighSauce liked this.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:21 a.m.
    Quoting: Hockeypal
    If I’m the islanders I’m not moving Raty I’d move Wahlstrom, Beauviller and Bellows way before him

So would I but Kevin Kurz who I’m almost certain is the Isles beat writer wrote in his athletic article the other day that 13th overall and Räty is fair value.
    IcemanJoe liked this.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
    So would I but Kevin Kurz who I’m almost certain is the Isles beat writer wrote in his athletic article the other day that 13th overall and Räty is fair value.

I’m not the biggest Kurz fan myself but if I’m the islanders I don’t do it Ratys potential is looking incredible after last season would definitely depart from Wahlstrom or even Beauviller or maybe Bellows + a 2nd or even Holmstrom and a 3rd
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:27 a.m.
    When have I said Fiala for Boqvist + 2nd was fair?
    You making stuff up now? Embarrassing

Literally every single one of “Tbrews”, “Headhughsauce”, “Tintin”, and “NhlFan37729292297” proposals for Fiala. I’d be very surprised if you haven’t agreed with them on their delusional opinions on Fiala’s value.

Btw, I’m not asking or saying that I want the 2nd overall pick or anything like that.

But if someone like Holtz, Sharangovich, or Mercer isn’t the centerpiece of the trade then it’s just not realistic at all.

Holtz + 37oa is fair

Sharan + 37oa is fair

You guys are treating Fiala as if he’s some afterthought that would be playing on your 3rd line doing little to nothing
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:34 a.m.
    Speak of the Devil
    Literally every single one of “Tbrews”, “Headhughsauce”, “Tintin”, and “NhlFan37729292297” proposals for Fiala. I’d be very surprised if you haven’t agreed with them on their delusional opinions on Fiala’s value.

Btw, I’m not asking or saying that I want the 2nd overall pick or anything like that.

But if someone like Holtz, Sharangovich, or Mercer isn’t the centerpiece of the trade then it’s just not realistic at all.

Holtz + 37oa is fair

Sharan + 37oa is fair

You guys are treating Fiala as if he’s some afterthought that would be playing on your 3rd line doing little to nothing

So you’re assuming that since I’m a Devils fan, I automatically agree with their comment. That’s literally what you are saying
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:37 a.m.
    So you’re assuming that since I’m a Devils fan, I automatically agree with their comment. That’s literally what you are saying

No I just see you grouped up with all those guys agreeing with a lot of their proposals and liking their comments.

If you didn’t agree with them we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:44 a.m.
    That seems more like the fans problem than Necas’ problem. This was the same way it went with Fiala when we acquired him from Nash. A young 22/23 year old player with tons of potential who hasn’t even scraped their ceiling yet and then they get a new chance with a new team and take off.

If Necas were to end up in the doghouse and become the whipping boy for fans I think that says more about our coaching staff and our fans than it does about Necas.

CAR showed he's not a 2-way player (a must for MN's coach). He's natural center, but without the 2-way play he's won't be at center for long. He wants to play center (a take from his exit interview). So that leaves him bouncing around the lineup for MN just like he did in CAR this year. He's also a pass 1st player and MN needs a shooter not another passer.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:51 a.m.
    Quoting: wabit
    CAR showed he's not a 2-way player (a must for MN's coach). He's natural center, but without the 2-way play he's won't be at center for long. He wants to play center (a take from his exit interview). So that leaves him bouncing around the lineup for MN just like he did in CAR this year. He's also a pass 1st player and MN needs a shooter not another passer.

Half of our forwards aren’t good two way players (Hartman, Kaprizov, Boldy, Fiala, everyone on the 4th line)

Fiala and Kaprizov both stepped up their defensive games but I still wouldn’t consider them good 2 way players. Boldy was a rookie so you can’t judge him too harshly and most of the 4th line players are good defensively but do little to nothing on offense. Necas would hardly be the 1st player on the team that isn’t a stud 2 way player.

As for having shooters, yes we will be losing Fiala but Kaprizov could have 10 shots a game if he felt like it, Boldy looks to be a shooter, Gaudreau is a sneaky shooter, Hartman is a shooter, the Greef line doesn’t take a lot of great shots but that’s because the get 95% of the dirty goals. and then I think Dewar can be a shooter if he wants to. Having shooters isn’t the problem, the problem is actually getting guys to shoot the puck. Most the guys on the team have great shots they just don’t shoot enough, which in my opinion was Necas problem last year.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 1:21 a.m.
    Half of our forwards aren’t good two way players (Hartman, Kaprizov, Boldy, Fiala, everyone on the 4th line)

Fiala and Kaprizov both stepped up their defensive games but I still wouldn’t consider them good 2 way players. Boldy was a rookie so you can’t judge him too harshly and most of the 4th line players are good defensively but do little to nothing on offense. Necas would hardly be the 1st player on the team that isn’t a stud 2 way player.

As for having shooters, yes we will be losing Fiala but Kaprizov could have 10 shots a game if he felt like it, Boldy looks to be a shooter, Gaudreau is a sneaky shooter, Hartman is a shooter, the Greef line doesn’t take a lot of great shots but that’s because the get 95% of the dirty goals. and then I think Dewar can be a shooter if he wants to. Having shooters isn’t the problem, the problem is actually getting guys to shoot the puck. Most the guys on the team have great shots they just don’t shoot enough, which in my opinion was Necas problem last year.

The entire FWD group except Zucc (and Jost) were either d-zone or 2-way players last year.

Freddy G doesn't have a good shot and is lost more often than not in the o-zone. Boldy is more of a passer, but isn't afraid to shoot (NHL, AHL, and College). Dewar is just another fringe 4th liner so he doesn't count any more than any of the other fringe 4th liners on the team.

The lack of shooters was very apparent on the PP last year. Even the Suter limp wrister would have been a welcome sight compared to the junk we saw all season. Give the puck to Kap and hope for the best and telegraph a pass to Fiala for a shot was it.

Necas would be in one of 3 spots 1C (with Kap/Zucc), but that is a top line 2-way center spot; or 3rd line with Boldy as either wing or center (probably wing due to the center's d-zone responsibilities).

It would be great if Necas came in and ran away with the 1C spot, but MN would to find the cap for him somewhere. He wouldn't be super expensive, but he's not a league min player either.

It's so annoying to see that GMBG was given a team on a silver platter and watch him just it pee it away.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 2:33 a.m.
    The entire FWD group except Zucc (and Jost) were either d-zone or 2-way players last year.

Freddy G doesn't have a good shot and is lost more often than not in the o-zone. Boldy is more of a passer, but isn't afraid to shoot (NHL, AHL, and College). Dewar is just another fringe 4th liner so he doesn't count any more than any of the other fringe 4th liners on the team.

The lack of shooters was very apparent on the PP last year. Even the Suter limp wrister would have been a welcome sight compared to the junk we saw all season. Give the puck to Kap and hope for the best and telegraph a pass to Fiala for a shot was it.

Necas would be in one of 3 spots 1C (with Kap/Zucc), but that is a top line 2-way center spot; or 3rd line with Boldy as either wing or center (probably wing due to the center's d-zone responsibilities).

It would be great if Necas came in and ran away with the 1C spot, but MN would to find the cap for him somewhere. He wouldn't be super expensive, but he's not a league min player either.

It's so annoying to see that GMBG was given a team on a silver platter and watch him just it pee it away.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree
    IcemanJoe liked this.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 7:45 a.m.
    IDK about that Devils trade. Guerin might have to add some picks. Remember, the Wild have no leverage.
    SimonSelaars3 liked this.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 7:58 a.m.
    I think Necas is a bad idea for MN. He'll just end up in the doghouse and be the whipping boy for the fans.

I mean, can't you apply that argument to any young player we get in a Fiala trade? We all know we are probably losing any Fiala trade that gets made. Wahlstrom, for example, would be even worse IMO because he's not a great skater and he can definitely disappear for games. Just look at how Trotz handled him.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 8:08 a.m.
    The one where you and your 4 other NJ ACGM colleagues think that a 2nd round pick and a 4th line player is fair value for a 1st line winger.

Let me put it this way, it’s you and your 4 other buddies that think that’s fair value. Everyone else on this site thinks the conversation starts with a 1st and a good young player/prospect, and if you don’t trust the consensus opinions on this site then you can literally go read any other article on the internet, specifically some written by beat writers of NHL teams that all suggest that fair value for Fiala is a mid 1st round pick and a good prospect/young player.

The fact that you and 4 other people think your proposal is fair value compared to literally the rest of hockey society’s opinion on fair value is in my opinion, delusional.

If you can’t understand that then the fact that you think you think you’re right tells me everything I need to know about you.

That’s a lot of words to avoid any point made to you about why his value is so low, and just continue complaining 😂
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 8:15 a.m.

Holtz + 37oa is fair

Sharan + 37oa is fair

Well my last Fiala trade included HoLtZ, ant the one before that the second overall pick lol

Bill Guerin however is treating Fiala like an afterthought, and there’s no reason not to do the same when making offerings for him.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 8:56 a.m.
    Dougie HIMilton

My last offer was Gritsyuk and a 23 playoff protected first and I acknowledge all the time that a bidding war would price the devils out. Strawman gonna strawman
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
    Dougie HIMilton
    Babe wake up new beat writer suggestion just dropped for the Kings:

Faber straight up.
    Jun. 6, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.
    I agree with you, only reason I think the 2023 1st could be in play along with Necas is because teams that are right on the cusp of being able to win a cup are usually more willing to send away valuable futures. Carolina is basically set for the next decade and the chances of a late 1st becoming a franchise player on a team that already has several is slim to none, especially for Carolina.

I don't think Carolina is a team to throw away valuable futures. They reportedly told teams they weren't giving up a first for a rental. I know this isn't a rental but the principle still stands

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll