Forums/Armchair-GM

Wild big trade

Created by: Scoobert
Team: 2022-23 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 9, 2022
Published: Jun. 9, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Devil's fans have no idea of the value of a top line winger thats's over a ppg and complain about any offer made of a prospect they like. Billy may swap straight up for a center but this could add key pieces to each team. This is a reasonable trade that make NJ a better team right away. D prospect can be swapped if there is an interest in Dman like O'Rourke that is more of a physical presence. MN has a plethora of high end D prospects with different attributes that could be moved to fit any team
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,500,000
1$1,500,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Foote, Nolan
  2. Mercer, Dawson
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Addison, Calen
  2. Fiala, Kevin [RFA Rights]
  3. 2022 5th round pick (MIN)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$80,811,921$0$1,850,000$1,688,079
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 3
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 9, 2022 at 2:40 a.m.
All I want to know is what 2nd tier prospect Guerin would rather have between guys like Foote, Thompson, or Zetterlund.

These are the questions I ask myself
Jun. 9, 2022 at 3:00 a.m.
Quoting: SimonSelaars3
All I want to know is what 2nd tier prospect Guerin would rather have between guys like Foote, Thompson, or Zetterlund.

These are the questions I ask myself

I like the idea of Foote as a big body with scoring potential. Lots of mocks look like he gets dumped off and physically he might be a future Foligno replacement He's easily my favorite 2nd tier prospect right now, but to be fair I don't know a ton about him. Also, I completely botched the Wild D in this mock lol. I forgot Middleton and the pairings
Jun. 9, 2022 at 3:07 a.m.
So basically it's Fiala/Mercer 1-for-1 and the rest is stuff for stuff?
Jun. 9, 2022 at 3:15 a.m.
Quoting: wabit
So basically it's Fiala/Mercer 1-for-1 and the rest is stuff for stuff?

Essentially, I guess. From what I heard Billy wants a high-end center and is willing to go 1-for-1 on that but i think adding a high potential D prospect back for another decent player has good value for each team. Foote is a good prospect for the post buy out Wild. The Wild D prospects are pretty much perfect for pairing with Hughes or Hamilton down the road.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 4:26 a.m.
Don’t expect much more than what buchnevich got dealt for last summer which was Sammy Blais and a 2nd. Also Minnesota needs to free up cap and everyone knows it so they won’t get top return for fiala id expect something like Nolan Foote and a 2nd maybe
Jun. 9, 2022 at 4:27 a.m.
Quoting: Scoobert
Essentially, I guess. From what I heard Billy wants a high-end center and is willing to go 1-for-1 on that but i think adding a high potential D prospect back for another decent player has good value for each team. Foote is a good prospect for the post buy out Wild. The Wild D prospects are pretty much perfect for pairing with Hughes or Hamilton down the road.

I would probably do this if it was Zetterlund instead of Foote, I honestly don’t know enough about Foote but I really like Zetterlund and I think he could bring more skill than Greenway. If you stuck him at right wing with Ek and Foligno that line would produce more offensively while maintaining the weight to play the big boy style of hockey. Zetterlund is 7 inches shorter than Greenway and is only 10 pounds lighter.

Obviously you’d have to figure out what to do with Greenway in that scenario and I guess you could stick him on the 4th line but I would probably trade him if this were to come to fruition.

Still not sure why Guerin extended him.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 4:28 a.m.
Quoting: Aasen6
Don’t expect much more than what buchnevich got dealt for last summer which was Sammy Blais and a 2nd. Also Minnesota needs to free up cap and everyone knows it so they won’t get top return for fiala id expect something like Nolan Foote and a 2nd maybe

😂😂
MNBassman and MNCountryClub liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 4:34 a.m.
😂😂

Buchnevich and fiala have almost identical production offensively the last 2 years and buchnevich is a better two way player why’s that so funny?
Jun. 9, 2022 at 4:45 a.m.
Buchnevich and fiala have almost identical production offensively the last 2 years and buchnevich is a better two way player why’s that so funny?

Nobody cares about 2 years of production, you’re only as valuable as your last season. Fiala just had 85 points in 82 games leading up to the off season he will be traded. Buchnevich had 46 points in 54 games the season leading up to him being traded. By no means is Buchnevich the better two way players either. Also, you can’t realistically tell me that NY didn’t get absolutely fleeced by the Blues.

If that’s what you think Fiala is worth, Boeser is worth a 5th round pick and a D-level prospect.

And don’t hit me with the “oh they have no leverage because they’re cap strapped” If Guerin wanted to keep Fiala he would find a way to keep Fiala. Nothing is impossible when working with money that can be moved in and out.

And if you truly believe that’s what Fiala’s worth I’ll send you off with a quote.

“Yesterday’s price is not today’s price”
Jun. 9, 2022 at 4:48 a.m.
Nobody cares about 2 years of production, you’re only as valuable as your last season. Fiala just had 85 points in 82 games leading up to the off season he will be traded. Buchnevich had 46 points in 54 games the season leading up to him being traded. By no means is Buchnevich the better two way players either. Also, you can’t realistically tell me that NY didn’t get absolutely fleeced by the Blues.

If that’s what you think Fiala is worth, Boeser is worth a 5th round pick and a D-level prospect.

And don’t hit me with the “oh they have no leverage because they’re cap strapped” If Guerin wanted to keep Fiala he would find a way to keep Fiala. Nothing is impossible when working with money that can be moved in and out.

And if you truly believe that’s what Fiala’s worth I’ll send you off with a quote.

“Yesterday’s price is not today’s price”

I agree the rangers could have got more for buchnevich but he’s every bit as good as fiala. All I’m saying is don’t be surprised when he returns half of what you seem to think he’s worth
Devsfan25 and Tintin liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 5:04 a.m.
I agree the rangers could have got more for buchnevich but he’s every bit as good as fiala. All I’m saying is don’t be surprised when he returns half of what you seem to think he’s worth

I’ll remember your comment when he’s traded for double what Buchnevich was. Bill Guerin is no dumba**
IcemanJoe liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 7:42 a.m.
do not Devil my ass
Teams don't trade top 2nd line centers for top 6 wingers, the former is a lot more valuable than the latter.
I can't see Devils considering this trade.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.

I would be shocked if Fiala is traded for this little. Billy G is a stubborn man. He’s held into Dumba for 2 years and hasn’t lowered his ask. If you want Fiala you’re gonna have to meet his demands. He doesn’t have to trade Fiala to create cap. He has other pieces he can “dump” without it blowing up in his face. It makes no sense dumping Fiala for a 2nd and a low prospect.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
Quoting: Tintin
Teams don't trade top 2nd line centers for top 6 wingers, the former is a lot more valuable than the latter.
I can't see Devils considering this trade.

Isn’t Mercer projected to play on the wing for NJ? I’ve seen a lot of GMs on here having him as a wing on line 2.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
Billy finally has ammo to get a top 6 C, I don’t see him squandering this chance. He tried to get a top 6 C (via R1 pick or prospect) for years with Dumba and couldn’t get anyone to bite. Feels like there will be a bidding war for Fiala and I’d assume the ask will be a way for Billy G to get a top 6 C.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:21 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
Quoting: IcemanJoe
I would be shocked if Fiala is traded for this little. Billy G is a stubborn man. He’s held into Dumba for 2 years and hasn’t lowered his ask. If you want Fiala you’re gonna have to meet his demands. He doesn’t have to trade Fiala to create cap. He has other pieces he can “dump” without it blowing up in his face. It makes no sense dumping Fiala for a 2nd and a low prospect.

as always I will remind everyone it makes no sense dumping Fiala at all. The fact that he's on the market should be a red flag about the return imo.

Just dump Dumba for nothing, take your lumps, and sign your 2nd best forward.
IcemanJoe and Tintin liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
Isn’t Mercer projected to play on the wing for NJ? I’ve seen a lot of GMs on here having him as a wing on line 2.

Either. I think the Devils view him as a center long term which is a mistake imo.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
Quoting: HeadHighSauce
as always I will remind everyone it makes no sense dumping Fiala at all. The fact that he's on the market should be a red flag about the return imo.

Just dump Dumba for nothing, take your lumps, and sign your 2nd best forward.

Agreed. I think BG has him on the market because he knows he can get a good return for him. I honestly think if people lowball him, he’ll keep Fiala for another year, and dump Dumba or someone else. Trading Fiala for garbage only has the potential to blow up in BGs face. BG has been trying for years to upgrade our C’s. We are so weak down the middle. If he could’ve gotten a C prospect for Dumba we might not be talking about Fiala being traded at all right now. BG probably would’ve signed Fiala for 6 mil over 5 years last offseason. But in order to get a top 6 C you have to have something of real value that people want. Fiala may be a wing but he’s a scoring wing with more potential. Lots of teams out there with C depth but lack scoring. I still see the Sens are the most likely destination. 7OA +.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
Either. I think the Devils view him as a center long term which is a mistake imo.

You don’t think Mercer is a legit C? I can’t say I’ve seen any NJD games besides when they play the wild. If he’s more of a wing, I’m not sure the Wild would be that interested. We really need to upgrade down the middle.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:37 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
Agreed. I think BG has him on the market because he knows he can get a good return for him. I honestly think if people lowball him, he’ll keep Fiala for another year, and dump Dumba or someone else. Trading Fiala for garbage only has the potential to blow up in BGs face. BG has been trying for years to upgrade our C’s. We are so weak down the middle. If he could’ve gotten a C prospect for Dumba we might not be talking about Fiala being traded at all right now. BG probably would’ve signed Fiala for 6 mil over 5 years last offseason. But in order to get a top 6 C you have to have something of real value that people want. Fiala may be a wing but he’s a scoring wing with more potential. Lots of teams out there with C depth but lack scoring. I still see the Sens are the most likely destination. 7OA +.

If he's willing to extend there longterm I agree. Sens seem most likely to move the big assets.
IcemanJoe liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
You don’t think Mercer is a legit C? I can’t say I’ve seen any NJD games besides when they play the wild. If he’s more of a wing, I’m not sure the Wild would be that interested. We really need to upgrade down the middle.

I do think he's a legit C. I think he's a top 6F first and foremost though so if the devils have someone worse than Mercer in the top 6 just because the org sees him in the middle, that's a waste in my eyes.
IcemanJoe liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
If he's willing to extend there longterm I agree. Sens seem most likely to move the big assets.

From what we’ve been told by the local media, Fiala’s big concerns are being love and getting paid. It was reported that He was going to take a hometown discount to stay in MN. If Dorian gives up a lot in assets for him and gives him the contract he wants, I can’t see why he wouldn’t sign long term there. If Fiala turns heel and demands only playing for one team, then yeah, the value will be reduced big time. I just don’t see that happening based on what we know about Fiala.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.
I do think he's a legit C. I think he's a top 6F first and foremost though so if the devils have someone worse than Mercer in the top 6 just because the org sees him in the middle, that's a waste in my eyes.

If you have 2 legit C’s better than him, then it does make sense to move him as a C now than move him to wing in the top 6 and lose that C positional value. Just my two cents.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
This is around what I expect Fiala to return. RFAs don't go for huge packages, so 2oa i think is off the table, but everyone on this site seems to forget Fiala is a legitimate superstar right now and those guys don't come up very often. Yes Buchnevich only got Blais and a second but that return was widely panned by literally everyone at the time and NYR were still in their Wilson freakout phase and wanted the "physical presence" of Blais. Reinhart, a worse player with a worse track record, got a first plus a B prospect. Mercer had a great rookie year and put up nice point totals, but his underlying stats, particularly defensively, were not as sparkling and there is no guarantee that he develops into the player Fiala actually is right now.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
From what we’ve been told by the local media, Fiala’s big concerns are being love and getting paid. It was reported that He was going to take a hometown discount to stay in MN. If Dorian gives up a lot in assets for him and gives him the contract he wants, I can’t see why he wouldn’t sign long term there. If Fiala turns heel and demands only playing for one team, then yeah, the value will be reduced big time. I just don’t see that happening based on what we know about Fiala.

I don't think he /won't/ extend in Ottawa. But he now holds a lot of leverage to choose where he wants to go, so if he has 4 teams interested, he can have a preference. I'm sure those are his priorities but he functionally has a choice right now so I don't think its overly far-fetched to imagine him preferring to play somewhere specific. Not that I think it's most likely. I have no idea what's going to happen. Wide range of outcomes.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll