Forums/Armchair-GM

Full steam ahead whats domis price

Created by: Birtle34
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 14, 2022
Published: Jun. 14, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What is domi’s ask or numbers these days? Over termed him and over payed him to come to Winnipeg
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$7,250,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
3$1,800,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
1$950,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$5,000,000
Trades
WPG
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (DET)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DET
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$82,500,000$80,917,024$0$2,262,500$1,582,976
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 14, 2022 at 4:28 a.m.
Detroit accepts, player useful.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 4:33 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Billy12Bob
Detroit accepts, player useful.

Ya nothing against Schmidt but just a need of changing cap allocation
Jun. 14, 2022 at 5:06 a.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Ya nothing against Schmidt but just a need of changing cap allocation

WPG isn't the only team in that situation and Schmidt isn't the only LD on offer but with Martinez being injured (and may never recover) Schmidt has sailed up as a very good option for Detroit.
Birtle34 liked this.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 5:16 a.m.
No thanks to Domi… he’s overpaid and over rated
Jun. 14, 2022 at 5:23 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: BatVader
No thanks to Domi… he’s overpaid and over rated

I probably did the overpaying and over terming, just wondering what the number would be to get him to Winnipeg, I think he could add some missing ingredients that the jets are missing, chippy edge with some versatility. Copp probably not coming back, just think the jets could use a vet with some upside, probably a little late to realize it, but opportunity and team need should give him a ton of chances to fill a top 6 or 9 role. Stastny probably gone too. Less term and money might be intriguing in my opinion.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
I probably did the overpaying and over terming, just wondering what the number would be to get him to Winnipeg, I think he could add some missing ingredients that the jets are missing, chippy edge with some versatility. Copp probably not coming back, just think the jets could use a vet with some upside, probably a little late to realize it, but opportunity and team need should give him a ton of chances to fill a top 6 or 9 role. Stastny probably gone too. Less term and money might be intriguing in my opinion.

Don’t want him in WPG. He’s hugely overrated for what he offers and brings.
I’d rather trade for an actual worthwhile player or give some of our youth a chance over paying Domi.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 10:18 a.m.
MisstheWhalers

Quoting: BatVader
Don’t want him in WPG. He’s hugely overrated for what he offers and brings.
I’d rather trade for an actual worthwhile player or give some of our youth a chance over paying Domi.

None of the Jets youth do anything though and none play with an edge, this is too much for Domi but he'd be a good signing somewhere in the $3-4M range.
Birtle34 liked this.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
None of the Jets youth do anything though and none play with an edge, this is too much for Domi but he'd be a good signing somewhere in the $3-4M range.

Might take a little extra dough or extra year to pull off the signature. I wonder if there’s a scheifele trade, a strome signature might not be a bad plan, as long as it’s not a lot of term.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Might take a little extra dough or extra year to pull off the signature. I wonder if there’s a scheifele trade, a strome signature might not be a bad plan, as long as it’s not a lot of term.

Yeah, Idk... feels like with or without Scheifele they're just so far behind. I'm definitely moving more towards the trade Scheifele and Hellebuyck camp, better to get some good assets now and hurry up the retool.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 9:08 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Yeah, Idk... feels like with or without Scheifele they're just so far behind. I'm definitely moving more towards the trade Scheifele and Hellebuyck camp, better to get some good assets now and hurry up the retool.

To be honest I’m in the same camp, 23 year old Dubois future captain, approach ehlers and Connor on what they want going forward, and tear it right back to the studs. Take a snapshot of tb and every defenseman going forward is 62 or greater. Large on the wings and smaller and skilled up the middle or combination of the two. Need a few a-holes in the line up also, not all get along go along types. But as always just an opinion.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
To be honest I’m in the same camp, 23 year old Dubois future captain, approach ehlers and Connor on what they want going forward, and tear it right back to the studs. Take a snapshot of tb and every defenseman going forward is 62 or greater. Large on the wings and smaller and skilled up the middle or combination of the two. Need a few a-holes in the line up also, not all get along go along types. But as always just an opinion.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised but I can't believe how many think the Jets just need Trotz and they'll be contenders, FFS we're really nowhere close to the same level as the final four teams and a lot of the teams knocked out in the 2nd round are much deeper and more complete teams than the Jets are.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 11:41 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Guess I shouldn't be surprised but I can't believe how many think the Jets just need Trotz and they'll be contenders, FFS we're really nowhere close to the same level as the final four teams and a lot of the teams knocked out in the 2nd round are much deeper and more complete teams than the Jets are.

At best jets are playing for 3rd place in the central, with two rather large holes, need a franchise changing right handed dman and right handed top end sniper, perfect storm season they could lose in conference finals. But zero chance beyond that. They have a goalie that can steal a series, there’s no guarantee they could win a physical series or win one winning the special teams battle. They possibly could win one 5vs5, but that’s questionable. There a laine/mcavoy away from being a contender of any sort, and neither grow on trees.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
At best jets are playing for 3rd place in the central, with two rather large holes, need a franchise changing right handed dman and right handed top end sniper, perfect storm season they could lose in conference finals. But zero chance beyond that. They have a goalie that can steal a series, there’s no guarantee they could win a physical series or win one winning the special teams battle. They possibly could win one 5vs5, but that’s questionable. There a laine/mcavoy away from being a contender of any sort, and neither grow on trees.

Yeah, if some Central Division rivals regress which is possible and the stars in the sky align they could maybe get to a conference final, seems unlikely but suppose it's possible, maybe a Lucius comes out of nowhere and pots 30 but that's another unlikely scenario as the Jets will probably want to keep him in the AHL for a year.

Can Helle steal a series, guess he did against Edmonton but this years Oilers team is better than that one was and would've have lit him up I bet. I'm just not a Helle believer, watching Vasilevskiy and Shesterkin is eye popping, watching Helle is eye closing... lol.. I don't see Helle as a top 5 goalie, probably somewhere in the 6-10 range of top goalies in the league imo.

I still hate the Laine trade, I'd reverse it if I could.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:13 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Yeah, if some Central Division rivals regress which is possible and the stars in the sky align they could maybe get to a conference final, seems unlikely but suppose it's possible, maybe a Lucius comes out of nowhere and pots 30 but that's another unlikely scenario as the Jets will probably want to keep him in the AHL for a year.

Can Helle steal a series, guess he did against Edmonton but this years Oilers team is better than that one was and would've have lit him up I bet. I'm just not a Helle believer, watching Vasilevskiy and Shesterkin is eye popping, watching Helle is eye closing... lol.. I don't see Helle as a top 5 goalie, probably somewhere in the 6-10 range of top goalies in the league imo.

Ya that was 100 percent every bounce and every call dream run. Ya I don’t understand the 8x Dubois everybody seems so excited to sign on for, he screams a won’t age well contract, and keep the squad in pergatory. I find a deal with devils and get that second pick, and kick a youth movement into gear, even if it costs helly, and if helly moves it’s time to find a home for scheifele and wheeler. Then have to post the question to ehlers/Connor/pionk/morrissey if they are committed to whatever comes next and go from there. I move Dillon and Schmidt if I move wheeler and scheifele. At least one either way, to make a hole for heinola and or samberg. But ideally try to move up in this draft and possibly find a 23 pick also, would be my win for this off-season. Cup is the only thing to play for.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:20 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

What I hate worse is the wheeler contract, gamble on laine all day and everyday. I hate the loyalty 27/30 age group, just because they were warriors for first half of career. Better have a whole lot more in the tank, to make that term and money to make sense to beat father time.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 6:46 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

Thinking about it further and jets probably lose to St. Louis/colorado/Minnesota/Dallas, so possibly only route would have been flames/oilers and I’m not sure if they beat them both. So ya a conference final or even out of the first round is probably pushing it, even if everything breaks perfectly.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Ya that was 100 percent every bounce and every call dream run. Ya I don’t understand the 8x Dubois everybody seems so excited to sign on for, he screams a won’t age well contract, and keep the squad in pergatory. I find a deal with devils and get that second pick, and kick a youth movement into gear, even if it costs helly, and if helly moves it’s time to find a home for scheifele and wheeler. Then have to post the question to ehlers/Connor/pionk/morrissey if they are committed to whatever comes next and go from there. I move Dillon and Schmidt if I move wheeler and scheifele. At least one either way, to make a hole for heinola and or samberg. But ideally try to move up in this draft and possibly find a 23 pick also, would be my win for this off-season. Cup is the only thing to play for.

Yeah a Dubois contract in the $7M range long term is fine but anything into the $8 or more range would worry me, just really doubt he'd ever live up to it.

I'd be totally down for trading Helle and/or Scheifele if its going to lead to better days in the long run, these next few years look like more of the same, make some bold moves now that'll pay off for years to come cause without some major additions they're likely an at best 2nd round exit and picking like 22nd overall and key pieces are UFA and gone for nothing or signed to anchor contracts, that doesn't sound appealing to me.
Birtle34 liked this.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Yeah a Dubois contract in the $7M range long term is fine but anything into the $8 or more range would worry me, just really doubt he'd ever live up to it.

I'd be totally down for trading Helle and/or Scheifele if its going to lead to better days in the long run, these next few years look like more of the same, make some bold moves now that'll pay off for years to come cause without some major additions they're likely an at best 2nd round exit and picking like 22nd overall and key pieces are UFA and gone for nothing or signed to anchor contracts, that doesn't sound appealing to me.

Ya exactly quit playing for third place, and tip your hat to colorado and beat Arizona to the next colorado situation in central.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
What I hate worse is the wheeler contract, gamble on laine all day and everyday. I hate the loyalty 27/30 age group, just because they were warriors for first half of career. Better have a whole lot more in the tank, to make that term and money to make sense to beat father time.

I was probably the only one but I would've went $8M×8 with Laine after his subpar 3rd year if he was willing. That Wheeler contract wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't such a clown!
Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:24 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

Dubois for 35 to 40 million and 5 years is what I would do, and not worry about the next contract, see where the team is at, possibly resign or trade when it comes down to it.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I was probably the only one but I would've went $8M×8 with Laine after his subpar 3rd year if he was willing. That Wheeler contract wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't such a clown!

I would have went 8x9.25 and gave him a million more than wheeler just to wrattle some cages lol
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:34 p.m.
Dubois for 35 to 40 million and 5 years is what I would do, and not worry about the next contract, see where the team is at, possibly resign or trade when it comes down to it.

A contract with a 4-5 year term would make alot of sense from Dubois' perspective. He would still be under 30 when his next contract kicks in and by then the cap will be both higher and rising at a faster rate than now. Bettman said today that he expects normal increases in salary cap in 2-3 years.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:48 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
A contract with a 4-5 year term would make alot of sense from Dubois' perspective. He would still be under 30 when his next contract kicks in and by then the cap will be both higher and rising at a faster rate than now. Bettman said today that he expects normal increases in salary cap in 2-3 years.

He just screams a more physical Logan couture, and his physical play and skating abilities wears down with age and time, just don’t want to be on the hook for the last 3x8 if it’s a anchor of a contract. Gambling at 23 is a whole lot better than after 27, but I think jets ran into trouble when they kept more than they should have into there 30s without trading them for value when they still had value.
Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:48 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Yeah I'd definitely try to keep Dubois somewhere in the 7's, usually I want the Jets to get as much term as possible with key RFA'S but I'd definitely go shorter term with PLD to keep his AAV lower.
Birtle34 liked this.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:51 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Yeah I'd definitely try to keep Dubois somewhere in the 7's, usually I want the Jets to get as much term as possible with key RFA'S but I'd definitely go shorter term with PLD to keep his AAV lower.

My biggest fear is the jets turning into a parise/suter wild and or the sharks and forever bubble pergatory. I’m not a milestone night fan, damn would a parade and cup lift In Winnipeg would be awesome for the jets

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll