SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #3

Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:42 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Cont.d its expected the Devils will select Wright if need be and the Canadiens are undecided on who to select.

Some interesting tweets
DirtyDangle, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:44 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: yikes

Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:48 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: csick
Connor Brown for Poolparty

I believe I ****ed up your comment with how I inputted the tweets as it didnt show my sentence or yours without quoting them, should be fixed now.

But yea, CBrown would be a great pickup for the Oilers to have in the same uni as Hyman. Both are very desirable players and EDM would be spoiled.
csick liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:49 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

(Its believed two former Sharks players are two of three finalists)

First time GM to handle this mess and Hasso the crazy old man...
Oh boy strap in; I'm ready to be taken for a ride.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: AndrewLadd
GM: welcome to our team, Pierre-Luc Dubois!
Dubois:
spongebob.jpg

Dubois is the Kyrie of the NHL
AndrewLadd, Db1899, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:55 p.m.
retired
that 2016 draft just can't get settled. once puljujarvi gets traded 7 of the top 10 picks will have been traded. 10 of the top 15 picks, as well.
yikes, Rolfadinho, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 6:57 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: DirtyDangle
that 2016 draft just can't get settled. once puljujarvi gets traded 7 of the top 10 picks will have been traded. 10 of the top 15 picks, as well.

TOP POINTS FROM 2016 DRAFT
1OA Toronto Auston Matthews
6OA Calgary Matthew Tkachuk
2OA Winnipeg Patrik Laine
39OA Chicago Alex DeBrincat
7OA Arizona Clayton Keller
3OA Columbus Pierre-Luc Dubois
162OA New Jersey Jesper Bratt
DirtyDangle, Devil, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.

Cont.d its expected the Devils will select Wright if need be and the Canadiens are undecided on who to select.

Some interesting tweets

Honestly I’d love Puljujarvi. He seems like a great low cost, high upside guy to slap on Stutzle’s wing next year, and for sure an upgrade to our top 9. Having him dig out pucks for Stutzle, as well as just adding another young right shot forward to our group (something we desperately need) would be awesome. It’s honestly refreshing to see the Sens in rumours like this (final 3 on Fiala, now in on Puljujarvi, presumably in on DeBrincat, haven’t necessarily seen rumours about it but the Athletic wrote on an article on it), rather than guys like Derek Stepan and Erik Gudbranson (when he was bad) lol.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Alfie11
Honestly I’d love Puljujarvi. He seems like a great low cost, high upside guy to slap on Stutzle’s wing next year, and for sure an upgrade to our top 9. Having him dig out pucks for Stutzle, as well as just adding another young right shot forward to our group (something we desperately need) would be awesome. It’s honestly refreshing to see the Sens in rumours like this (final 3 on Fiala, now in on Puljujarvi, presumably in on DeBrincat, haven’t necessarily seen rumours about it but the Athletic wrote on an article on it), rather than guys like Derek Stepan and Erik Gudbranson (when he was bad) lol.

I think JP is the best option for the Sens.

Fiala - costly - huge new deal too (a worry but not bad)
Cat - super costly - needs "new" deal soon (not a huge subtraction tho)
JP - much less then the other two easily (unless Dori gets fleeced) - prob gonna take a decent bridge

Hes obviously not Cat but hes a great player and could surpass Fiala TBH. He'll cost the least and be hungry to earn his next deal in a fresh start, and he's still a great player if he doesn't "surpass" Fiala.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:06 p.m.
Farewell
It's happening

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/tampa-bay-lightning-working-with-ryan-mcdonagh-to-find-trade-fit/

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, McDonagh's been really good for a long time and is a great veteran leader. On the other, he's coming off a really rough playoffs, is getting older, and has a pricey contract. Depending on the return, could be a good move.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:17 p.m.
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
It's happening

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/tampa-bay-lightning-working-with-ryan-mcdonagh-to-find-trade-fit/

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, McDonagh's been really good for a long time and is a great veteran leader. On the other, he's coming off a really rough playoffs, is getting older, and has a pricey contract. Depending on the return, could be a good move.

I thought the same thing, but didn't see anybody talking about it. Thought I was going crazy for a second. He had a tough go of it.

I think if they can find a good fit, now's the time to move on from him.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:27 p.m.
What in tarnation
Damn it.

Montgomery the next Bruins coach.

He was a good one in Dallas until his personal issues ruined it.
EsoYeezus69 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Some interesting tweets

Personally I think Husso would be intriguing for Edmonton as for one hes younger and two if he can continue to build momentum he could end up being one of the best late bloom starters in the NHL which for Edmonton would be fantastic.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Would like to thank my mom and dad

My coach

My friends

And all I got to say is

AIGHT BOYS LETS ****ING GOOO AND WIN THIS SUCKER
A_Habs_fan, Rolfadinho, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:51 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: aadoyle
Personally I think Husso would be intriguing for Edmonton as for one hes younger and two if he can continue to build momentum he could end up being one of the best late bloom starters in the NHL which for Edmonton would be fantastic.

Honestly I think someone somewhere in the organization absolutely hates Finns the way they're treated en masse by the franchise and the Oilers media. Niemelainen is currently immune to this by way of truculence and having played in the CHL but I expect this in time will change too. If you take Kurri and Tikkanen out of the equation the track record has been dismal. Misused Pitkanen, abused Puljujarvi, ruined the remainder of Jokinen's career, sewered one of the Granlund brothers, pissed Hartikainen away. It's almost as bad as their relationship with Russian players (and they aren't hot with the Swedes either).

Idk maybe they're just very, very outwardly xenophobic and can't get past themselves. Draisaitl is literally the only exception it seems.
aadoyle liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:53 p.m.
I think JP is the best option for the Sens.

Fiala - costly - huge new deal too (a worry but not bad)
Cat - super costly - needs "new" deal soon (not a huge subtraction tho)
JP - much less then the other two easily (unless Dori gets fleeced) - prob gonna take a decent bridge

Hes obviously not Cat but hes a great player and could surpass Fiala TBH. He'll cost the least and be hungry to earn his next deal in a fresh start, and he's still a great player if he doesn't "surpass" Fiala.

He’s definitely a good option. I would really like the Sens to bring in a guy who’s good at puck retrieval this summer to put with Stutzle and I think Puljujarvi might be able to fill that role, with enough skill to keep up and hopefully pot 20-25 goals. He’s also younger and likely comes in cheaper than a guy we could get from UFA like Marchment or Niederreiter. I would like if we could get DeBrincat (and honestly if the acquisition cost is like the trade proposed in the Athletic, which was 7oa+64oa+Greig+JBD+Murray [25% retention] I think that’s worth it), but Pulju + a UFA (maybe Burakovsky?) would still be a solid way to upgrade our top 9, even if we trade Connor Brown (either for Pulju or for a pick).
csick liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Honestly I think someone somewhere in the organization absolutely hates Finns the way they're treated en masse by the franchise and the Oilers media. Niemelainen is currently immune to this by way of truculence and having played in the CHL but I expect this in time will change too. If you take Kurri and Tikkanen out of the equation the track record has been dismal. Misused Pitkanen, abused Puljujarvi, ruined the remainder of Jokinen's career, sewered one of the Granlund brothers, pissed Hartikainen away. It's almost as bad as their relationship with Russian players (and they aren't hot with the Swedes either).

Idk maybe they're just very, very outwardly xenophobic and can't get past themselves. Draisaitl is literally the only exception it seems.

It helps that Draisaitl is a monster lol. Even the most angry fan can hardly hate a top 5 player in the league.
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Maybe Holland will make an exception to solve the goaltending

Its a wait and see game rn as FA is still 14 days away
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.

Some interesting tweets

Smith is expected to go on LTIR? Why? At least it’s free cap space for me ( I own him in the GM Game )
Jun. 30, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM

Koskinen?
Jun. 30, 2022 at 8:07 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle

Elite winger Kieffer Bellows will likely be traded as well
Jun. 30, 2022 at 8:08 p.m.
Carolina just found their niederreter replacement. They’ll trade a 2nd for puljujarvi and sign him to a 6 year deal at 4 mill per
Hurricanes_WPG liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 8:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jun. 30, 2022 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899
Carolina just found their niederreter replacement. They’ll trade a 2nd for puljujarvi and sign him to a 6 year deal at 4 mill per

I think they sign Evander Kane if the arb doesnt give him his contract back

Or heck even if he does they will trade for him

As to me hes the last piece they need to go further in the playoffs

Now for where Nied goes my gut feeling says Vancouver
Jun. 30, 2022 at 8:27 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Maybe Holland will make an exception to solve the goaltending

Its a wait and see game rn as FA is still 14 days away

Sounds like Campbell or Kuemper are the primary targets.

Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Koskinen?

Perfect example. Man was overpaid but entirely serviceable and the media couldn't wait to frigg him off into the sunset.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 8:33 p.m.
I think they sign Evander Kane if the arb doesnt give him his contract back

Or heck even if he does they will trade for him

As to me hes the last piece they need to go further in the playoffs

Now for where Nied goes my gut feeling says Vancouver

If they can get Kane on a 1-2 year deal I’m sure they would do it, but they won’t sign a 30 year old to a long term deal

I can see Nino signing with Dallas, they need play drivers

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll