SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

Should you be happy or upset?

May 6, 2017 at 8:43 p.m.
Coming into the off season, and the 2017 NHL draft the Detroit Red Wings need a solid Defenseman as we all know. Should you be happy or upset if they draft a forward instead?
May 6, 2017 at 11:20 p.m.
Banned
Detroit Red Wings Need Soild Defensemen And I Will Be Happy If Wings Draft A Forward In 1st Round or the later rounds
UncleBingo liked this.
May 17, 2017 at 6:32 a.m.
Oscar Mayer Winner
They could use help at center or wing position also. I will be happy as long as they don't take a long-shot (off the board gamble) or goaltender in the 1st round. I'd be very happy if they got a big winger, ala Kostin or Tippett (Tippett will be gone, but...). A big NHL ready winger allows you to move Tatar/Nyquist + picks to make room for a moderately priced guy like Alzner.
May 18, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.
Danaultisabike
Quoting: UncleBingo
They could use help at center or wing position also. I will be happy as long as they don't take a long-shot (off the board gamble) or goaltender in the 1st round. I'd be very happy if they got a big winger, ala Kostin or Tippett (Tippett will be gone, but...). A big NHL ready winger allows you to move Tatar/Nyquist + picks to make room for a moderately priced guy like Alzner.

I actually am not so sure Tippett will be gone. My mock order is
Hischier
Patrick
Vilardi
Heiskanen
Mittelstadt
Glass
Makar
Liljegren
Tippett
Jun. 13, 2017 at 6:39 p.m.
Wingsfan20
I'm crossing my fingers for Liljegren, but if he's gone, I'd take the best available or even consider trading the pick and possibly something else for a good young player like Jonathan Drouin. I think to be successful in todays NHL you need at least 2-3 top end elite forwards, a number 1 defenseman and a top goalie. Obviously having all three of these is extremely hard to obtain, but I think if you can have 2 of the 3, you give yourself a good shot. Look at Pittsburgh, they had Crosby, Malkin and Kessel at forward and Murray in net, they didn't have that number one Dman because the other two made up for it. Chicago had Kane, Toews and Hossa at forward and Keith at D without a top end number one goaltender. The Wings currently have none of these, but they do have the framework. Mantha and Larkin are on their way and I still think Mrazek will be a top tier net minder in the NHL. There are three forwards I would target this summer if I were Holland and if he could get one or two of them, it would be huge: 1. Jonathan Drouin 2. Nathan Mackinnon 3. Andre Burakovsky. These three guys are all potential top end players that are on teams that could be in a position to trade. Tampa is going to have cap troubles and I think Yzerman hasn't forgotten about the whole Drouin thing last year. Washington is also going to have trouble fitting a lot of these contracts in (Kuznetsov, Orlov, Oshie, etc.). Now I heard for the longest time that Mackinnon was the only player off limits in Colorado, but lately I've read that he could be available for the right price. As much as it would pain Ken Holland and a lot of fans. I'd have all of our draft picks available if it means obtaining one or two of these players and also maybe shedding some salary via another trade with say Arizona or Vegas. This draft is obviously not deep and it could be the perfect opportunity to bolster the team through trade. Chances are that the player Holland would obtain by trading the #9 pick would be better than that pick would ever become given the weakness of this year's draft.
Jun. 22, 2017 at 12:31 a.m.
cap space right now is horrible. 1st round pick this is out of the blue here but callen foote i think this kid is going to be a real stud. i have no clue why he is so undervalued. really depends on who is available tho but 4 picks in the 3rd round i would be talking to vegas about that 13th pick they got from winnepeg 3 out of 4 3rd maybe even a mid range prospect cody glass and callen foote except for 1st 2 picks nolan and nico i see the next 20-25 players being all about team preference and playing style. i could also see using a few of those 3rd round picks to get a dman and salary dump with vegas. either way i think most of the activity at the draft will go through vegas. should be fun 2 days in chicago. cringe worthy statement there.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll