(MTL/VGK) - Weber for Dadonov

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
there's a reason you only have 5k likes on your 18k posts. ****ty take lol

tears of joy

"Likes" is a count of how many I've given, not how many I've received!

And my take is 100% accurate. Vegas gets a MASSIVE amount of cap relief with this move and it didn't cost them anything of value.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:30 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
You are incorrect sir. Although it's very simple to just add both Dadonov's contract with Weber's and think "that's how much they're saving in cap space", it's wrong. VGK replaced Dadonov's contract with Weber's... so the only cap relief they will get is from Weber's contract. $7.85mil. Not the addition of both.

My initial comment was correct. Vegas deleted Dadonov's contract ($5M) plus took on Weber's which will go straight to LTIR, allowing them to exceed the cap by his $7.86M cap hit. For Vegas, it's $12.86M in cap relief and it didn't cost them a damn thing.

They were prepared to part with a 2nd to move Dadonov's $5M cap hit, so this is a huge win for them.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 1:02 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: CD282
tears of joy

And my take is 100% accurate. Vegas gets a MASSIVE amount of cap relief with this move and it didn't cost them anything of value.

Yeah that's totally fine. I never once said Vegas lost this trade.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 8:11 p.m.
Go leafs go
tears of joy

No, the “likes” under posts in the user is how many you’ve received. Weird of him to bring it up, but he is correct on how it works.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
No, the “likes” under posts in the user is how many you’ve received. Weird of him to bring it up, but he is correct on how it works.

That's odd. The likes on my profile are ones I've given, not received. How can you be sure?
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf

In any case, it doesn't matter. His point was 'you aren't popular therefore you must be wrong' which doesn't hold water with me. I couldn't care less about being popular.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 11:31 p.m.
Go leafs go
That's odd. The likes on my profile are ones I've given, not received. How can you be sure?

Oh yes, when you look at your profile, it shows the ones you give, but the number under your amount of posts is the amount of likes you’ve received. But as you said

In any case, it doesn't matter. His point was 'you aren't popular therefore you must be wrong' which doesn't hold water with me. I couldn't care less about being popular.

I agree, it doesn’t matter that much.
CD282 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2023 at 12:41 p.m.
Habs4Ever
Like this for Montreal. They trade a "negative asset" and acquiring a 40 PT pending UFA (next season) that they can flip at the TD for a massive return.

We can forget the massive return 😆
Jan. 8, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
We can forget the massive return 😆

Still addition by subtraction. Dadonov will be gone at the end of the year and Weber's contract isn't our problem anymore.
Jan. 8, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
Habs4Ever
Still addition by subtraction. Dadonov will be gone at the end of the year and Weber's contract isn't our problem anymore.

Yeah I know it was a win-win trade since day 1 but huge for Vegas
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jan. 8, 2023 at 4:21 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
Yeah I know it was a win-win trade since day 1 but huge for Vegas

Yeah it makes sense for both teams. Great trade
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Goldmine of bad takes.

'"Yeah I'll start it already. Massive return as in 1st round pick + meh prospect. That's a massive return IMO . Hell even a 2nd round pick is good enough"

"Dadonov is not a cap dump"
Feb. 26, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: DongLord23
Goldmine of bad takes.

'"Yeah I'll start it already. Massive return as in 1st round pick + meh prospect. That's a massive return IMO . Hell even a 2nd round pick is good enough"

"Dadonov is not a cap dump"

You just gonna completely ignore the rest of the conversation we had after that? Not surprised you'd comment something like that.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 4:12 p.m.
You just gonna completely ignore the rest of the conversation we had after that? Not surprised you'd comment something like that.

You said that I was gonna delete my account because I'd be wrong lol.

I said that Dadonov could PLAY BAD (guess what happened) or get injured. Should've got a pick back.

You were acting very smug & were completely wrong.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
WentWughes
You said that I was gonna delete my account because I'd be wrong lol.

I said that Dadonov could PLAY BAD (guess what happened) or get injured. Should've got a pick back.

You were acting very smug & were completely wrong.

Did I say somewhere in our conversation where that return was guaranteed. I said he needed to continue his form with Vegas which obviously did not happen. If he didn't, we simply got out from Weber for nothing. We got a struggling player which is better than nothing IMO. Wasn't the return I was hoping for obviously if everything went perfect, but the chances of that happening were very unlikely. It was a low risk high reward move that didn't pay off.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
Did I say somewhere in our conversation where that return was guaranteed. I said he needed to continue his form with Vegas which obviously did not happen. If he didn't, we simply got out from Weber for nothing. We got a struggling player which is better than nothing IMO. Wasn't the return I was hoping for obviously if everything went perfect, but the chances of that happening were very unlikely. It was a low risk high reward move that didn't pay off.

You said he wasn't a cap dump & was a positive asset. That I'd delete my account once he gets a good return and you can gloat lol. People are wrong all the time it's no big deal, but when someone acts that smug It's certainly fun to rub it in their face a little.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 4:21 p.m.
WentWughes
You said he wasn't a cap dump & was a positive asset. That I'd delete my account once he gets a good return and you can gloat lol. People are wrong all the time it's no big deal, but when someone acts that smug It's certainly fun to rub it in their face a little.

He wasn't a cap dump though. You aren't rubbing any in my face. Not sure if it was our conversation, but I said it many times, just because it was a cap dump for Vegas doesn't mean it was a cap dump for anyone else. MAF had value, Pacioretty had value, Dadonov had value.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit