San Jose Sharks - Brent Burns
St. Louis Blues - Jori Lehtera
Tampa Bay Lightning - Anton Stralman
Toronto Maple Leafs - Tyler Bozak
Vancouver Canucks - Ben Hutton
Washington Capitals - Nicklas Backstrom
Winnipeg Jets - Kyle Connor

Vegas Golden Knights - Either Vadim Shipachyov or Reid Duke laugh

What do you guys think? You can post your own lists here if you want to, but you don't have to.
May 8, 2017 at 1:45 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
(headdesk)
PrisonBull, nobody, phillyjabroni and 1 other person liked this.
May 8, 2017 at 1:49 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Snobalt
(headdesk)

What do you mean?
May 8, 2017 at 1:54 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
(headdesk)

What do you mean?

Where do I start?

Lindholm, OEL, Ristolainen, Faulk, Klingberg, Yandle, Kopitar, Pacioretty, Josi, Tavares, Giroux, Burns, and Backstrom (probably more) are already properly recognized as very good players. Definitely not underrated.
On the flipside, Soderberg, Girardi, and Lehtera are just bad, plain and simple.
PrisonBull, Rodzikhockey93, trickydick55 and 2 others liked this.
May 8, 2017 at 1:59 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

What do you mean?

Where do I start?

Lindholm, OEL, Ristolainen, Faulk, Klingberg, Yandle, Kopitar, Pacioretty, Josi, Tavares, Giroux, Burns, and Backstrom (probably more) are already properly recognized as very good players. Definitely not underrated.
On the flipside, Soderberg, Girardi, and Lehtera are just bad, plain and simple.

Soderberg had ONE BAD YEAR. And i think Nick Backstrom is the most underrated player in the league.
Zach liked this.
May 8, 2017 at 2:53 a.m.
Not yet trannycided

Where do I start?

Soderberg had ONE BAD YEAR. And i think Nick Backstrom is the most underrated player in the league.

Ok so maybe not Soderberg if he rebounds from this year. Backstrom, however, is far from overlooked. Even with Ovi hogging much of the spotlight, and deservedly so, everybody knows how good Backstrom has been alongside him all these years.
May 8, 2017 at 9:11 a.m.
Courtright
neilsen is overrated
May 8, 2017 at 1:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Ok so maybe not Soderberg if he rebounds from this year. Backstrom, however, is far from overlooked. Even with Ovi hogging much of the spotlight, and deservedly so, everybody knows how good Backstrom has been alongside him all these years.

He wasn't even in the all-star game when he's got over a point a game.
May 8, 2017 at 1:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Courtright
neilsen is overrated

I, myself, think he's underrated because i think he's a great all-round player. That's just me though.
May 8, 2017 at 1:59 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

Crosby wasn't in the all-star game in 2016. Therefore, he must be underrated too.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy liked this.
May 8, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
Below Market Value
Kyle Connor has played one year in the AHL. I don't think it's fair to call him rated at all.
May 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jarvis

Crosby wasn't in the all-star game in 2016. Therefore, he must be underrated too.

Well now people are starting to notice how good Crosby is. I think he was underrated, but maybe isn't anymore ... and he wasn't playing the best all-round game anyway.
May 8, 2017 at 5:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Kyle Connor has played one year in the AHL. I don't think it's fair to call him rated at all.

Yeah, but i think he's the most underrated player on the Jets as i don't think they have many underrated players. But now that i think about it they have Hellebyuck.
May 8, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.
Below Market Value

Well now people are starting to notice how good Crosby is. I think he was underrated, but maybe isn't anymore ... and he wasn't playing the best all-round game anyway.

Sidney Crosby hasn't been underrated at all in his career.
PrisonBull and Banks liked this.
May 8, 2017 at 5:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Sidney Crosby hasn't been underrated at all in his career.

I guess you're right. I think he was a LITTLE bit underrated a few years ago though.
May 9, 2017 at 12:02 a.m.
half these players are considered top tier players in the league.....
PrincessChloe liked this.
May 9, 2017 at 1:04 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: trickydick55
half these players are considered top tier players in the league.....

Like who? I think some of them are, but most don't notice it.
May 9, 2017 at 7:42 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Edited May 10, 2017 at 12:08 a.m.
This was actually very tough to do. Some picks felt like a stretch because I couldn't decide on anyone. If you don't agree with me with a certain player, let me know who is more underrated on that team because some teams I felt were littered with overrated players or no underrated players at all.

Anaheim Ducks - Andrew Cogliano - Just because his Iron Man streak is incredible
Arizona Coyotes - Peter Holland - He has consistency problems but a decent 3rd/4th line center.
Boston Bruins - Drew Stafford - He's overpaid and gets injured a lot but hes valuable when healthy.
Buffalo Sabres - So many over rated players. Only person I see here is Rasmus Ristolainen even though mostly everyone knows how good he is now.
Calgary Flames - Kris Versteeg - Had a strong season and almost didn't get a contract to begin the season
Carolina Hurricanes - Lee Stempniak - $2.5M for a 40 point scorer
Chicago Blackhawks - Niklas Hjalmarsson - He doesn't get much praise since Hawks have Seabrook and Keith. But Hjalmarsson is a big reason behind the blackhawks success
Colorado Avalanche - Couldn't decide on anyone. This team is mainly overrated players
Columbus Blue Jackets - Oliver Bjorkstrand - Seemed like he would put up points every time he got called up to the NHL
Dallas Stars - Stephen Johns - Even though he doesn't put up numbers, the games I watched he was a solid defensive D and great at moving the puck
Detroit Red Wings - Petr Mrazek - He had a horrible season but he had a terrible team in front of him. I think he will be a good starter one day.
Edmonton Oilers - Mark Letstu - Wouldn't have used him 3 weeks ago but hes been amazing in the playoffs
Florida Panthers - Nick Bjugstad - I think his injury was a big factor to why Panthers didn't make the playoffs. Having him healthy next year will really help
Los Angeles Kings - Jake Muzzin - Muzzin is a solid puck moving D. However, he gets hidden behind Doughtys big minutes
Minnesota Wild - Jared Spurgeon - He has to be the most underrated defenceman in the league. I think mostly only Wild fans know how good he is
Montreal Canadiens - Phillip Danault - He had a huge season and most people only talk about Pacioretty, Radulov, Galchenyuk, etc
Nashville Predators - Viktor Arvidsson - Pretty much same as above. Another young guy with a breakout season
New Jersey Devils - Damon Severson - He had a decent season even on NJD
New York Islanders - Anders Lee - Not sure about this one. I think most people know hes good. Hes not really underrated or overrated.
New York Rangers - JT Miller - Hes a gritty player that keeps getting better
Ottawa Senators - Tom Pyatt - One of the best cheap free agent signings in the off-season. He has worked amazing with Bouchers system in Ottawa
Philadelphia Flyers - Michael Del Zotto - Couldn't decide on anyone else over him
Pittsburgh Penguins - Jake Guentzel - Even though he plays with Crosby, the kid is a scoring machine.
San Jose Sharks - Melker Karlsson - Not sure about this pick. I think he might be good one day but hes not there yet.
St. Louis Blues - Colton Parayko - He had a great season
Tampa Bay Lightning - Vladislav Namestnikov - A good young player that most likely will be going to Vegas
Toronto Maple Leafs - Hunwick - He was horrendous with Polak at the start of the season but by the end of the season he was one of the best defensive D and puck moving D on the Leafs
Vancouver Canucks - Troy Stecher - He was on a bad team and was one of the better D on the Canucks
Washington Capitals - Burakovsky or Orlov - Both had a break out season
Winnipeg Jets - Nikolaj Ehlers - Not sure if he can be considered underrated anymore as its his 2nd strong season in the NHL
trickydick55 liked this.
May 10, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.

KREJCI, TAVARES, PACOIRETTY, GIROUEX, KOPITAR, BACKSTROM, OEL, KLINBERG , RISTOLINEN, BRENT FREAKING BURNS, ROMAN JOSI, SEABROOK
May 10, 2017 at 12:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: trickydick55

KREJCI, TAVARES, PACOIRETTY, GIROUEX, KOPITAR, BACKSTROM, OEL, KLINBERG , RISTOLINEN, BRENT FREAKING BURNS, ROMAN JOSI, SEABROOK

okay, you're right, but i think those guys are better than some think they are.
May 10, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
This was actually very tough to do. Some picks felt like a stretch because I couldn't decide on anyone. If you don't agree with me with a certain player, let me know who is more underrated on that team because some teams I felt were littered with overrated players or no underrated players at all.

Anaheim Ducks - Andrew Cogliano - Just because his Iron Man streak is incredible
Arizona Coyotes - Peter Holland - He has consistency problems but a decent 3rd/4th line center.
Boston Bruins - Drew Stafford - He's overpaid and gets injured a lot but hes valuable when healthy.
Buffalo Sabres - So many over rated players. Only person I see here is Rasmus Ristolainen even though mostly everyone knows how good he is now.
Calgary Flames - Kris Versteeg - Had a strong season and almost didn't get a contract to begin the season
Chicago Blackhawks - Niklas Hjalmarsson - He doesn't get much praise since Hawks have Seabrook and Keith. But Hjalmarsson is a big reason behind the blackhawks success
Colorado Avalanche - Couldn't decide on anyone. This team is mainly overrated players
Columbus Blue Jackets - Oliver Bjorkstrand - Seemed like he would put up points every time he got called up to the NHL
Dallas Stars - Stephen Johns - Even though he doesn't put up numbers, the games I watched he was a solid defensive D and great at moving the puck
Detroit Red Wings - Petr Mrazek - He had a horrible season but he had a terrible team in front of him. I think he will be a good starter one day.
Edmonton Oilers - Mark Letstu - Wouldn't have used him 3 weeks ago but hes been amazing in the playoffs
Florida Panthers - Nick Bjugstad - I think his injury was a big factor to why Panthers didn't make the playoffs. Having him healthy next year will really help
Los Angeles Kings - Jake Muzzin - Muzzin is a solid puck moving D. However, he gets hidden behind Doughtys big minutes
Minnesota Wild - Jared Spurgeon - He has to be the most underrated defenceman in the league. I think mostly only Wild fans know how good he is
Montreal Canadiens - Phillip Danault - He had a huge season and most people only talk about Pacioretty, Radulov, Galchenyuk, etc
Nashville Predators - Viktor Arvidsson - Pretty much same as above. Another young guy with a breakout season
New York Islanders - Anders Lee - Not sure about this one. I think most people know hes good. Hes not really underrated or overrated.
Ottawa Senators - Tom Pyatt - One of the best cheap free agent signings in the off-season. He has worked amazing with Bouchers system in Ottawa
Philadelphia Flyers - Michael Del Zotto - Couldn't decide on anyone else over him
Pittsburgh Penguins - Jake Guentzel - Even though he plays with Crosby, the kid is a scoring machine.
San Jose Sharks - Melker Karlsson - Not sure about this pick. I think he might be good one day but hes not there yet.
Tampa Bay Lightning - Vladislav Namestnikov - A good young player that most likely will be going to Vegas
Toronto Maple Leafs - Hunwick - He was horrendous with Polak at the start of the season but by the end of the season he was one of the best defensive D and puck moving D on the Leafs
Vancouver Canucks - Troy Stecher - He was on a bad team and was one of the better D on the Canucks
Winnipeg Jets - Nikolaj Ehlers - Not sure if he can be considered underrated anymore as its his 2nd strong season in the NHL

Thanks for your list!
May 10, 2017 at 11:49 p.m.

Thanks for your list!

If Namestnikov goes, I'll genuinely be p***ed off. He, Kuch and Stamkos worked extremely well before Stamkos was injured. Be better if we lost Killorn.
May 11, 2017 at 12:31 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17

Thanks for your list!

If Namestnikov goes, I'll genuinely be p***ed off. He, Kuch and Stamkos worked extremely well before Stamkos was injured. Be better if we lost Killorn.

I think Killorn is better than Namestnikov,
May 11, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
Below Market Value
My list:

ANA: Josh Manson
ARZ: Connor Murphy
BOS: Colin Miller
BUF: Robin Lehner
CGY: Mikael Backlund
CAR: Jaccob Slavin
CHI: Artem Anisimov
COL: Nikitia Zadorov
CBJ: Joonas Korpisalo
DAL: Radek Faksa
DET: Anthony Mantha
EDM: Patrick Maroon
FLA: Mark Pysyk
LAK: Jake Muzzin
MIN: Jonas Brodin
MTL: Paul Byron
NSH: Calle Jarnkrok
NJ: Travis Zajac
NYI: Anders Lee
NYR: JT Miller
OTT: Mike Hoffman
PHI: Sean Couturier
PIT: Nick Bonino
SJ: Paul Martin
STL: Jaden Schwartz
TBL: Ondrej Palat
TOR: Connor Brown
VAN: Markus Granlund
WSH: Andre Burakovsky
WPG: Bryan Little
May 11, 2017 at 6:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
My list:

ANA: Josh Manson
ARZ: Connor Murphy
BOS: Colin Miller
BUF: Robin Lehner
CGY: Mikael Backlund
CAR: Jaccob Slavin
CHI: Artem Anisimov
COL: Nikitia Zadorov
CBJ: Joonas Korpisalo
DAL: Radek Faksa
DET: Anthony Mantha
EDM: Patrick Maroon
FLA: Mark Pysyk
LAK: Jake Muzzin
MIN: Jonas Brodin
MTL: Paul Byron
NSH: Calle Jarnkrok
NJ: Travis Zajac
NYI: Anders Lee
NYR: JT Miller
OTT: Mike Hoffman
PHI: Sean Couturier
PIT: Nick Bonino
SJ: Paul Martin
STL: Jaden Schwartz
TBL: Ondrej Palat
TOR: Connor Brown
VAN: Markus Granlund
WSH: Andre Burakovsky
WPG: Bryan Little

Thanks for your list! And finally! Someone who agrees that Brodin is underrated!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll