$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:33 a.m.
Bratt >>>>>>> Anderson

Devils easily decline
Friendly_Cannon, bagelbob, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:36 a.m.
Quoting: mv21227
Bratt >>>>>>> Anderson

Devils easily decline

From.. Frank Seravalli

"Add in Fitzgerald’s mandate to find “hard skill” this summer, and well, it makes you wonder."

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/bratt-beauvillier-and-blackwood-join-the-latest-trade-targets-list/

Either you don't know your GM's fascination with size or you think Seravalli isnt legit lol
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:38 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
From.. Frank Seravalli

"Add in Fitzgerald’s mandate to find “hard skill” this summer, and well, it makes you wonder."

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/bratt-beauvillier-and-blackwood-join-the-latest-trade-targets-list/

Either you don't know your GM's fascination with size or you think Seravalli isnt legit lol

Yeah, because that justifies trading a 73 point player for 32 point one.

They might as well trade Hughes for Cal Clutterbuck.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:40 a.m.
Quoting: justaBoss

Malarkey. Absolute nonsense comparing Hughes to Bratt and Clutterbuck to Josh.
Please check Max Domi's stats for 2019. 72 points. This wont be the first time Josh gets traded for a scorer and one that just peaked. Josh also had more uncertainty that year without a contract and missing most of the season.

Already precedent set in the last 2 years.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:43 a.m.
What in tarnation
Please check Max Domi's stats for 2019. 72 points. This wont be the first time Josh gets traded for a scorer and one that just peaked. Josh also had more uncertainty that year without a contract and missing the entire season.

I mean fwiw the point difference were exactly the same between Hughes and Clutterbuck and Anderson and Bratt. 41 points - granted Hughes missed a great portion of the season.

I did check Max Domi's stats from his good year, and the year he was dealt to CBJ. 44 points. He was coming off a massive down year compared to year before and was a pending RFA. What a convenient thing to leave out.
bagelbob, iforgotmyname, Pags71 and 3 others liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:44 a.m.
Please check Max Domi's stats for 2019. 72 points. This wont be the first time Josh gets traded for a scorer and one that just peaked. Josh also had more uncertainty that year without a contract and missing most of the season.

my guy, no. just no. makes no sense for a young rebuilding team to trade one of its best young pieces for josh anderson. seravalli’s trade list has no real meaning and is just “i’ve heard teams are interested” or “i think maybe this GM wants to improve in this area.” it’s virtually all speculation.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:45 a.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
my guy, no. just no. makes no sense for a young rebuilding team to trade one of its best young pieces for josh anderson. seravalli’s trade list has no real meaning and is just “i’ve heard teams are interested” or “i think maybe this GM wants to improve in this area.” it’s virtually all speculation.

Isnt this whole website speculation? This is me brain storming and ive been right a half dozen times going back to the TDL. Chairot to the Panthers (2 ACGMS) I'm putting through sources and Frank is the best on the game unless you think leaking the whole entire Seattle draft was done by some amateur
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:48 a.m.
Isnt this whole website speculation? This is literally me brain storming and ive been right a half dozen imes going back to the TDL. Chairot to the Panthers (2 ACGMS) I'm putting through sources and Frank is the best on the game unless you think leaking the whole entire Seattle draft was done by some amateur

leaking the seattle draft happened because frank’s main sources are at the NHL central registry, not inside team front offices or with agents.

this whole website is speculation bc we’re all ****ing around. not one other legit insider has even floated the idea of bratt being traded. based on his description, seems like frank just took fitz’s comments and drew his own conclusion.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:51 a.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
leaking the seattle draft happened because frank’s main sources are at the NHL central registry, not inside team front offices or with agents.

this whole website is speculation bc we’re all ****ing around. not one other legit insider has even floated the idea of bratt being traded. based on his description, seems like frank just took fitz’s comments and drew his own conclusion.

He also leaked Price waiving his no movement clause a day before anyone thought it was possible. That was only Frank.

Yes, it is speculation so what's your point? I've had literally every response be negative, including JUstaboss, to the Kulak, Chiarot and Lehkonen trades and I was correct in the return more or less. This doesnt stop me. Anderson is being unveralued by the crowd here and many will be surprised yet again. You have Lebrun and Frank both reporting not speculation but actual conversations regarding Josh Anderson from other Gms and they are calling Hughes!
uncle_toto liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:54 a.m.
He also leaked Price waiving his no movement clause a day before anyone thought it was possible. That was only Frank.

Yes, it is speculation so what's your point? I've had literally every response be negative, including JUstaboss, to the Kulak, Chiarot and Lehkonen trades and I was correct in the return more or less. This doesnt stop me. Anderson is being unveralued by the crowd here and many will be surprised yet again. You have Lebrun and Frank both reporting not speculation but actual conversations regarding Josh Anderson from other Gm's and they are calling Hughes!

did that conversation include bratt? did ANY insider besides seravalli mention bratt at all? no? great. glad we covered that. bratt >>>>> anderson by a mile. the only “hard skill” player they’d trade him for is matthew tkachuk, be real for a minute.
iforgotmyname liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:56 a.m.

Yes, it is speculation so what's your point? I've had literally every response be negative, including JUstaboss, to the Kulak, Chiarot and Lehkonen trades and I was correct in the return more or less. This doesnt stop me. Anderson is being unveralued by the crowd here and many will be surprised yet again. You have Lebrun and Frank both reporting not speculation but actual conversations regarding Josh Anderson from other Gms and they are calling Hughes!

I agree with you that other GMs are actively interested in Anderson, but Bratt aint the price nor is he getting dealt. And for people who are quoting Fitzy saying the devils need 'harder skill' Bratt is not the person on the way out. 1 thing that Seravelli and Friedman leave out when they talk about Bratt being potentially traded is that at Fitzgerald's End of Year press conference, he talked about how important Bratt is to the team and resigning him is a must. And mentioned multiple times throughout last season and this season that Bratt is part of the main core.
bagelbob, Andy_Dick, justaBoss and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:58 a.m.
What in tarnation

Looks like I need to convey you the same message I did for DucharmeTheDominator earlier today, when he questioned why people don't "respect" him after getting the Chiarot trade about correct

Quoting: Me
We all doubted you because nothing you said made sense. Yes, you got a trade correct, but guess what - it didn't make sense either.

If I went before last year's draft boast around to Flyers fans about them acquiring Risto with that 14th overall everyone would have thought I was an idiot, despite it actually happened.

Because no one here can actually predict what happens in reality, majority of us stick with what is "fair", because we don't have a prior knowledge of when the other GM is going to be an idiot. But based on your trades, every single one of them has this assumption as the basis of it.

It feels weird to quote myself btw, but I digress. We can't predict the fickle minds of GMs, the only actual fruitful discussion we can have here is to discuss fair value. And this offer for example is at least as far from fair as the Risto or Chiarot trades were - in fact it's even worse.

If you want to ride that high horse about being "correct" on something, feel free, but don't be surprised when the response will be negative 99% of the time.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 2:03 a.m.
Quoting: iforgotmyname
I agree with you that other GMs are actively interested in Anderson, but Bratt aint the price nor is he getting dealt. And for people who are quoting Fitzy saying the devils need 'harder skill' Bratt is not the person on the way out. 1 thing that Seravelli and Friedman leave out when they talk about Bratt being potentially traded is that at Fitzgerald's End of Year press conference, he talked about how important Bratt is to the team and resigning him is a must. And mentioned multiple times throughout last season and this season that Bratt is part of the main core.

Actual levity I can work with. I mean you can draw your own conclusions to the year end press conferences. Ken Holland for example said they'd be talking to Koskinen and try to work something out when everyone and their dog knew he was gone. Bye Bye, hello Swiss Alps!

A year end press conference and behind the doors dealings with an insider are different beasts and FRank is an insider with connections to the agents in Montreal, how else did he know about Price waiving?
Please someone answer that one?

That is a legit source inside the Mtl organization and yes, you can say that maybe these sources aren't being entirely forthright in their dealings with Seravalli as everyone has an angle but Frank's central registry 'source' did not leak the Price situation
Jun. 20, 2022 at 2:08 a.m.
Looks like I need to convey you the same message I did for DucharmeTheDominator earlier today, when he questioned why people don't "respect" him after getting the Chiarot trade about correct

It feels weird to quote myself btw, but I digress. We can't predict the fickle minds of GMs, the only actual fruitful discussion we can have here is to discuss fair value. And this offer for example is at least as far from fair as the Risto or Chiarot trades were - in fact it's even worse.

If you want to ride that high horse about being "correct" on something, feel free, but don't be surprised when the response will be negative 99% of the time.

Being an arbitrator of truth isn't a good look. There's a difference between perception and fact. You are reaching big time buddy.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 2:14 a.m.
Having interest in adding size =/= trading away a 1st line winger for a depth player. They could just give Nichushkin a blank check if they really want a power forward
sh51_aa, HeadHighSauce and Devil liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 2:19 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Having interest in adding size =/= trading away a 1st line winger for a depth player. They could just give Nichushkin a blank check if they really want a power forward

Again, this is from Frank Seravalli not me. I'm not an insider. I quote actual dealings not hearsay. My argument is that Frank is legit. This isn't some kind of nonsense spewed by Eklund. Frank has sources in teams manangement and Fitz is known as a GM looking for bite.

Also, just cause you could sign Nichushkin does NOT mean you can sign him. Same theory ppl dont understand with offer sheets. Why didnt the Leafs have to match CBJ offer to Marner? Because he didnt sign there!

New Jersey much like Edmonton is a place you overpay for talent in trade.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 2:19 a.m.
What in tarnation
Being an arbitrator of truth isn't a good look. There's a difference between perception and fact. You are reaching big time buddy.

Arbitrator of truth? What a nice title. I'm gonna use it.

But it's also an impossibility.

There's no such thing as fact on a forum like this, but probably the closest thing to that is the consensus opinion of what is fair and what is not. Because we don't have actual facts, that's in my opinion the thing we should be aiming for, finding a middle ground of what the majority of users think is fair. Ironically that's also the point where you probably get the most negative response, because you get crap from both ends of the scale - those who think asset is worth more, and those who think an asset is worth nothing/negative value.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 3:28 a.m.
From.. Frank Seravalli

The issue is Seravalli is using very outdated information as a base with this take. "Available last spring" means over a year ago. The GM now considers him a core piece to their future. No extension talk also doesn't mean much of anything since the season isn't even over yet. The Devils have other things to focus on right now (ie goaltending), they can worry about Bratt after he files for arbitration.

End of the day it still doesn't change the fact that Bratt has significantly more value than Josh Anderson
Jun. 20, 2022 at 3:46 a.m.
The issue is Seravalli is using very outdated information as a base with this take. "Available last spring" means over a year ago. The GM now considers him a core piece to their future. No extension talk also doesn't mean much of anything since the season isn't even over yet. The Devils have other things to focus on right now (ie goaltending), they can worry about Bratt after he files for arbitration.

End of the day it still doesn't change the fact that Bratt has significantly more value than Josh Anderson

We will see it just makes me laugh that some ppl are so sure of themselves here. Then make up such ridiculous claims afterwards like oh Lehkonen wasn’t traded for a 1st so I was right lol Justin Barron is supposed to be used car that loses all value when the key is put in the ignition.?? Yea, I’m rambling a bit, it’s late, so forgive me.

This site is hilarious. So many ppl are experts one minute, clowns the next.

So what happens if Bratt gets traded for Anderson?

A lot of ppl will be in denial with crazy claims such as oh that’s just NHL gms making dumbs moves like Risto. Why is Risto even mentioned here besides a straw man? Malarkey.

If Bratt for Anderson doesn’t happen, I feel no shame because I’m strictly reporting what’s on the table. Again speculation. That I’m putting out there. Zero wrong with it! Seems like I’m being quite reasonable with a lot of negative ppl in this thread.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 4:21 a.m.
What in tarnation
We will see it just makes me laugh that some ppl are so sure of themselves here. Then make up such ridiculous claims afterwards like oh Lehkonen wasn’t traded for a 1st so I was right lol Justin Barron is supposed to be used car that loses all value when the key is put in the ignition.?? Yea, I’m rambling a bit, it’s late, so forgive me.

A lot of ppl will be in denial with crazy claims such as oh that’s just NHL gms making dumbs moves like Risto. Why is Risto even mentioned here besides a straw man? Malarkey.

If Bratt for Anderson doesn’t happen, I feel no shame because I’m strictly reporting what’s on the table. Again speculation. That I’m putting out there. Zero wrong with it! Seems like I’m being quite reasonable with a lot of negative ppl in this thread.

So, when you post up a trade that is according the majority opinion extremely f*cking stupid it's only speculation, but when people disagree with you and potentially turn out to be wrong they're clowns?

Nah bro. You know that works both ways. The one posting such a biased trade by your assumption could also be a clown (even when based on a hypothetical report which in this case is a massive long shot), and those who disagree with that could also be just speculating that what your post has in it should've never happened (like people did with Chiarot/Ristolainen trade, or the straw man as you put it). By how people express their disagreement is another thing entirely, which will likely lead them to look more stupid if they eventually happen to be wrong on the issue.

Nonetheless, in my opinion, your stance on the issue is exactly what spouts negativity and toxicity around. It's not a fruitful base on a conversation when you put yourself in a place where you "arguably cannot be wrong" for lack of better wording and look at things like you're above the rest, while laughing at their opinions.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 4:30 a.m.

This is such a weird take to me. Like there is certainly a chance that Bratt gets traded for Anderson, but it's just very unlikely. The same way McDavid "could" be traded for Lucic.

The problem here is that you dont want to accept what a logical value is and when you are eventually wrong you think it doesn't matter.
justaBoss and Tbrew liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 4:42 a.m.

You’re definitely a weird dude. You said it. There’s only so much responding that I can help to address.

Conveniently, leaving out things like Bratt having one 70 point season, I could also make that a thing but it’s too off base. Don’t get how I wasn’t being transparent but ok, you’re a weird one.

Never have I mentioned Ristolainen value being anything but what GMs around the league will aim to pay. Don’t know why it’s brought up.

If you want I can quote everything you said about Kulak, Chiarot and Lehkonen?

I won’t ‘conveniently’ leave out anything. I don’t even need to search long in this thread here.
You compared Hughes to Bratt. You compared Josh Anderson to Cal Clutterbuck. You did that. I simply can’t keep up with your fallacies.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 4:47 a.m.
Edited Jun. 20, 2022 at 5:16 a.m.
This is such a weird take to me. Like there is certainly a chance that Bratt gets traded for Anderson, but it's just very unlikely. The same way McDavid "could" be traded for Lucic.

The problem here is that you dont want to accept what a logical value is and when you are eventually wrong you think it doesn't matter.

You simply don’t see the forest for the trees here. The take is that I’m not putting an opinion on the value in question. I’m addressing the lack of foresight in denying the probability. Where is Lucic being rumoured all over the place? No. He’s not. So what is your point?

Josh Anderson is not Lucic.

McDavid is not Bratt.

Where do these players even have any kind of relevance. You two are two peas in a pod with a Ristolainen and McDavid references out of nowhere. That is when you know someone is talking nonsense. They start building straw man claims.

You two keep going in circles so much you forgot where the starting line and finish lines are located.

Again, Seravalli reported Fitz is looking for bite and Anderson is being heavily rumoured. That is a link. You don’t start making McDavid for Lucic claims without proof if you want to make any kind of point.

Whatever point you are trying to make is so far from the gist of the argument.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 5:25 a.m.
You simply don’t see the forest for the trees here. The take is that I’m not putting an opinion on the value in question. I’m addressing the lack of foresight in denying the probability. Where is Lucic being rumoured all over the place? No. He’s not. So what is your point?

Josh Anderson is not Lucic.

McDavid is not Bratt.

Where do these players even have any kind of relevance. You two are two peas in a pod with a Ristolainen and McDavid references out of nowhere. That is when you know someone is talking nonsense. They start building straw man claims.

You two keep going in circles so much you forgot where the starting line and finish lines are located.

Again, Seravalli reported Fitz is looking for bite and Anderson is being heavily rumoured. That is a link. You don’t start making McDavid for Lucic claims without proof if you want to make any kind of point.

Whatever point you are trying to make is so far from the gist of the argument.

Its not straw man claims you just simply don't understand A) what Seravalli wrote, and B) player value.

Bratt could very possibly be traded, but almost certainly not for a strictly inferior player like Josh Anderson.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 8:02 a.m.
Dougie HIMilton
You’re definitely a weird dude. You said it. There’s only so much responding that I can help to address.

Conveniently, leaving out things like Bratt having one 70 point season, I could also make that a thing but it’s too off base. Don’t get how I wasn’t being transparent but ok, you’re a weird one.

Never have I mentioned Ristolainen value being anything but what GMs around the league will aim to pay. Don’t know why it’s brought up.

If you want I can quote everything you said about Kulak, Chiarot and Lehkonen?

I won’t ‘conveniently’ leave out anything. I don’t even need to search long in this thread here.
You compared Hughes to Bratt. You compared Josh Anderson to Cal Clutterbuck. You did that. I simply can’t keep up with your fallacies.

Anderson and Clutterbuck isn’t fair, you’re right.

Clutterbuck is significantly better.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll