SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Craig Button's Final List

Craig Button's Final List

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: GoHabsGo99
Published: Jun. 20, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
And he's proving once again why everyone thinks he's an idiot, Savoie at 19, Lambert at 42, etc
TZ11, Poehling and drivet liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
There is so much to digest here, what even is this? Button's lists are typically pretty bad but this one is on a whole new level of bad.

Adding to what @A_Habs_fan already said: Kemell at 3, Snuggerud in the Top 10, Kulich at 14, Firkus at 16, Schaefer at 20, Goyette in the 1st round and Bichsel at 55. There are a lot more things I disagree with but these are the worst imo.
A_Habs_fan, Poehling, Lenny7 and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.
Edited Jun. 20, 2022 at 12:16 p.m.
I respect Button for being unafraid to express his opinions. He's had big hits and misses with his picks in the past.

Brayden Point is a player he hit on that most people missed on. I don't think he's an idiot; he's a guy with a different evaluation of players than many others have, and a diverse opinion is what the media needs. Good for him.

In this particular situation: Cooley dropping to fourth? This is not that uncommon an opinion, but you get downvoted to hell by Gen Y "experts" who obsess with Gen Y metrics.
Poehling, drivet, drambui and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Element23VM
I respect Button for being unafraid to express his opinions. He's had big hits and misses with his picks in the past.

Brayden Point is a player he hit on that most people missed on. I don't think he's an idiot; he's a guy with a different evaluation of players than many others have, and a diverse opinion is what the media needs. Good for him.

In this particular situation: Cooley dropping to fourth? This is not that uncommon an opinion, but you get downvoted to hell by Gen Y "experts" who obsess with Gen Y metrics.

IMO, Cooley is certainly a player who *could* drop a bit. I do think he's the 2nd most talented player available, and that he'd be the right pick for Arizona, but people are pretty high on Slaf/Kemell (not me...not in the top 5 at least...). If he gets past Arizona, I could easily see Seattle (Nemec) and Philly (Jiricek) skipping. If either of those teams went off the board, then Columbus takes whichever of Nemec/Jiricek is left, leaving Cooley for Ottawa, which would be insane.

With Savoie, I can see him falling a bit due to size, but at 19OA? Whooooof. GM's have proven inept at identifying skill over size many, many times before, but I'd say it'd be 10 OA at the latest (As a Ducks fan, I'm all in...)

If Lambert slides all the way to 42? Well, then it's further proof that nobody learned from Raty. These <18 year olds playing in Europe don't typically get put into positions to be succesful offensively, leaving their stats in an underwhelming spot. If there was a guy outside of the top 5 that is probably near-NHL ready, it's Lambert, and he's got the skills to back it up.

One of the biggest things that I see here that I can't imagine happening? Casey at 40. IMO he's the top RD available after Nemec/Jiricek, and I'd be extremely surprised if he doesn't go top 25. There's a ton of second tier LD's/RD's, and Casey is, once again just my opinion, the top option available.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
IMO, Cooley is certainly a player who *could* drop a bit. I do think he's the 2nd most talented player available, and that he'd be the right pick for Arizona, but people are pretty high on Slaf/Kemell (not me...not in the top 5 at least...). If he gets past Arizona, I could easily see Seattle (Nemec) and Philly (Jiricek) skipping. If either of those teams went off the board, then Columbus takes whichever of Nemec/Jiricek is left, leaving Cooley for Ottawa, which would be insane.

With Savoie, I can see him falling a bit due to size, but at 19OA? Whooooof. GM's have proven inept at identifying skill over size many, many times before, but I'd say it'd be 10 OA at the latest (As a Ducks fan, I'm all in...)

If Lambert slides all the way to 42? Well, then it's further proof that nobody learned from Raty. These <18 year olds playing in Europe don't typically get put into positions to be succesful offensively, leaving their stats in an underwhelming spot. If there was a guy outside of the top 5 that is probably near-NHL ready, it's Lambert, and he's got the skills to back it up.

One of the biggest things that I see here that I can't imagine happening? Casey at 40. IMO he's the top RD available after Nemec/Jiricek, and I'd be extremely surprised if he doesn't go top 25. There's a ton of second tier LD's/RD's, and Casey is, once again just my opinion, the top option available.

Lot of truth here, but Button isn't predicting where players go; he's merely expressing whom he likes the most vs whom he likes the least.

His mock drafts are different from his draft rankings. His mock, he has Savoie going 11 to the Sharks, and Savoie, Nazar, Gauthier are all in the same tier of center, and they could all go as high as 5. He has Snuggerud going to the wings and I "guess" they'll take Nazar or Savoie, but we'll see.
Lenny7 and drivet liked this.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 7:34 p.m.
im all up for bold take. here everyone post the same mocks over and over and every year there is huge droppers and risers.
Jun. 20, 2022 at 10:00 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
It is widely known, that Button does little to no research and usually just puts guys who perform well at the WJC wayyyyy too high every year. So lazy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll