SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Edmonton Oliers Draft Board

Edmonton Oliers Draft Board

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: BruinsFan35
Published: Jun. 23, 2022 at 10:06 a.m.
Description
My plan is to make a big board for each team prior to the draft, looking at guys who's abilities would match up well with what the team in question should be looking for on draft night. I'm using my Draft Guide for the rankings, and the goal is to select multiple players within the range of each teams' selections that they should consider. These players are ranked by my ranking numerically, not necessarily who the team should value first, second, third, etc. at that spot (hopefully that makes sense). The plan was to provide explanations for the first round picks for every team, then just provide the list for rounds 2-7. However, since it's been a while since I've posted these, and I'm running low on time to get all 32 boards out, I'll be just posting players, not descriptions, for every pick. If you want clarification on a specific player, comment and I'll provide it.

Edmonton is up next, 3 key needs are:

Left Defense
Right Defense
Goalie
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
First Round
#29 Overall
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-My Ranking: #24
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-My Ranking: #27
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-My Ranking: #28
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-My Ranking: #31
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksMy Ranking: #32
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
Fifth Round
#158 Overall
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Stefan Milosevic
My Ranking: #153
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-My Ranking: #156
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-My Ranking: #157
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-My Ranking: #160
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
Sixth Round
#190 Overall
13Logo of the New York Islanders-My Ranking: #187
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-My Ranking: #188
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-My Ranking: #192
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsMy Ranking: #193
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-My Ranking: #194
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-My Ranking: #195
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
Seventh Round
#222 Overall
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-My Ranking: #218
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-My Ranking: #220
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsMy Ranking: #223
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Yegor Guskov
My Ranking: #229
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Jun. 23, 2022 at 10:42 a.m.
power forward
Edmonton should definitely target one of the overaged goalies like Malik, Brochu, Whitehead in the later rounds.

Could I have an explanation for Murashov?
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Jun. 23, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Edmonton should definitely target one of the overaged goalies like Malik, Brochu, Whitehead in the later rounds.

Very quick, agile goalie who killed it in the MHL. Plays his angles extremely well. His strong angle play aids him on controlling rebounds to corners very consistently, which is a big plus that many Draft Eligible goalies don’t often do too well. He needs work on his five hole, he gets beat there far too often. Overall, he projects to be a solid platoon goaltender that’ll pair very well with Stuart Skinner/Olivier Rodrigue in the future.
Jun. 23, 2022 at 12:01 p.m.
I agree, defense, defense, defense.

Quoting: christianyog

For overage goalie I have decent candidate (not in games that I watched, but it was too small sample size): Zakhar Vinogradov. He is 6ft2, plays in VHL, which is not well scouted. He will turn 20 in autumn and is under contract until 2023/24. He plays positional style, where reading the flow of the play has advantage before athleticism. As mentioned, he wasn't outstanding in games that I watched, just good enough to win. But VHL is league of grown men, nothing should be taken for granted. And his SV% shows he "must" be good. I think he wasn't selected last season, because VHL is not well scouted. Imagine, CAR selected in 7th round goalie from MHL who has also had small sample size (Naumov)... but that guy hasn't played a game this season. In fact he wasn't even good in his 9 games last season. If Vinogradov would be playing MHL or KHL, someone would notice him.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Jun. 23, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: Playersoverpayed
I agree, defense, defense, defense.

For overage goalie I have decent candidate (not in games that I watched, but it was too small sample size): Zakhar Vinogradov. He is 6ft2, plays in VHL, which is not well scouted. He will turn 20 in autumn and is under contract until 2023/24. He plays positional style, where reading the flow of the play has advantage before athleticism. As mentioned, he wasn't outstanding in games that I watched, just good enough to win. But VHL is league of grown men, nothing should be taken for granted. And his SV% shows he "must" be good. I think he wasn't selected last season, because VHL is not well scouted. Imagine, CAR selected in 7th round goalie from MHL who has also had small sample size (Naumov)... but that guy hasn't played a game this season. In fact he wasn't even good in his 9 games last season. If Vinogradov would be playing MHL or KHL, someone would notice him.

Yeah I have Vinogradov ranked on my big board. He’s good, but there are many better options.
Playersoverpayed liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
power forward
Explanation for Luneau and Bichsel?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll