Tampa Fans Quick Question about Foote

Created by: Justseth
Team: 2022-23 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 24, 2022
Published: Jun. 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TBL
    So I'm doing an ideal offseason for every team and I'm working on the Tampa on right now. Now I'm stuck with a delima. I think that Tampa is going to have to change some of there defense. I don't Mcdonagh is going to be on the team next year with his cap hit. but it's not about him it's about Cal Foote. Now everyone knows he's not what he was projected to be back in the 2017 draft. but i think he could be a very good top 4 dman maybe a top 2 on a certain team. but i feel he's not going to achieve that on Tampa. So i trade him away for late 2nd early 3rd and brought in Josh Manson who i think his defensive ability can help the Lightning, but looking at other Tampa armchair gm's it seems they still have faith in him and that overlooking him. What do you think a should i trade him and sign Manson or should i keep him and see if there's a way to resign Palat (which means i probably won't re-sign Paul)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    18$82,500,000$76,558,333$0$0$5,941,667
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 8
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,800,000$4,800,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $758,333$758,333
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $6,750,000$6,750,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $900,000$900,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,800,000$4,800,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
    Foote looked much better once playoffs hit, if he can keep up that play during the regular season he will be a solid #4 dman for us. maybe play next to Hedman on the top pair and get 18 minutes a night. I dont see us trading Foote mostly because hes our 2nd best RHD and the right side is our worst area for NHL ready dmen. Mix in the fact hes only 850k this season and probably wont get too much of a raise when his contract is up. still have high hopes he can turn into an everyday top 4 dman that can be physical but hit "Foote" speed is gonna be a killer against fast teams like Colorado
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
    Keep Foote imo rather see his development than trade out for a play that might not make an impact and spend more cap on a dman that he could be they need young players that's how tampa will survive into the future great drafting (Colton, Cirelli, Kucherov, palat, point) they all make up tampas successful runs and when tampa faces cap trouble they will count on guys like Foote to take that step forward into top 4 minutes

Can't believe I went into that much detail for a team that isn't my own lol
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    ep him sign Paul According to Coach Zettler Foote's positioning and ability to read the play are exceptional . he needs to work on his skating and get experience..
    Palat is gone. resign Paul TB didn't give up the assets they did to let him walk chep.
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
    Quoting: Boltsradynasty
    ep him sign Paul According to Coach Zettler Foote's positioning and ability to read the play are exceptional . he needs to work on his skating and get experience..
    Palat is gone. resign Paul TB didn't give up the assets they did to let him walk chep.

Palat is far from gone, and if he's willing to work with the team on a new deal, he could.stay for some time. Much rather have Palat for a few more years than Killorn for one more year. Either way, there's a decent chance one of the main rfas are gone after next year(unless McD agrees to waive, which is unlikely). If there's a choice between Palat or Killorn for 4-5 more years, I'll take Palat.

Killorn's been a good player for Tampa, and his trade value will be at a high after the near 60 point season he had. Palat is still the better player and so, if he's willing to take a little less to stay in Tampa, the optimal move is to keep him and get value for Killorn now. Given cap constraints and the cap only going to 83.5 after next season, Tampa is faced with the very likely position of being able to keep only 4 of Palat, Killorn, Serg, Cirelli, Cernak, Colton. Now if McD is willing to be moved after next season that fixes most of the issues, but unless the team buys him out, it seems unlikely.

If they lose both Palat and Killorn by the end of next season, the F core will not be at the level of a Cup contender for the '23-'24 season. Keep Palat, Cirelli, Cernak and Colton. Get a great return for Serg and best value for Killorn. Serg will probably ask for too much anyway, so get 3 quality assets while you can and find a 3LD like Kulikov or comparable. If the team can move on from McD, great, keep Serg and either promote from within at 3LD or trade/sign a cost effective one. If Serg is willing to take 6 or less, then Tampa can probably make it work, but if he's asking for 7+, he needs to get moved(unless McD is moved instead). Tampa can't afford to continue to pay the d Corp whatever at the cost of F depth.
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Quoting: JTBF81
    Palat is far from gone, and if he's willing to work with the team on a new deal, he could.stay for some time. Much rather have Palat for a few more years than Killorn for one more year. Either way, there's a decent chance one of the main rfas are gone after next year(unless McD agrees to waive, which is unlikely). If there's a choice between Palat or Killorn for 4-5 more years, I'll take Palat.

Killorn's been a good player for Tampa, and his trade value will be at a high after the near 60 point season he had. Palat is still the better player and so, if he's willing to take a little less to stay in Tampa, the optimal move is to keep him and get value for Killorn now. Given cap constraints and the cap only going to 83.5 after next season, Tampa is faced with the very likely position of being able to keep only 4 of Palat, Killorn, Serg, Cirelli, Cernak, Colton. Now if McD is willing to be moved after next season that fixes most of the issues, but unless the team buys him out, it seems unlikely.

If they lose both Palat and Killorn by the end of next season, the F core will not be at the level of a Cup contender for the '23-'24 season. Keep Palat, Cirelli, Cernak and Colton. Get a great return for Serg and best value for Killorn. Serg will probably ask for too much anyway, so get 3 quality assets while you can and find a 3LD like Kulikov or comparable. If the team can move on from McD, great, keep Serg and either promote from within at 3LD or trade/sign a cost effective one. If Serg is willing to take 6 or less, then Tampa can probably make it work, but if he's asking for 7+, he needs to get moved(unless McD is moved instead). Tampa can't afford to continue to pay the d Corp whatever at the cost of F depth.

I love Ondrej but Killorn plays with less talented linemates puts up better numbers kills penalties Your assesment is WRONG!!
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
    I love Ondrej but Killorn plays with less talented linemates puts up better numbers kills penalties Your assesment is WRONG!!

Lol, Killorn does not put up better numbers. For the last 3 seasons, based on full 82 games played, Palat averaged 58 points per season, Killorn, 55. Killorn takes one pathetic ozone penalty after another, and plays die on his stick as of late. He's a solid pker/overall defensive forward, but he's not better than Palat. If Palat will take 5 or less to stay, it's an easy decision, especially when Tampa can get a 2nd+ for Killorn now or maybe even add to him to get another 1st. If not they lose both by the end of next year and the F group is very weak for '23-'24.
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 5:59 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Edited Jun. 24, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.
    Lol, Killorn does not put up better numbers. For the last 3 seasons, based on full 82 games played, Palat averaged 58 points per season, Killorn, 55. Killorn takes one pathetic ozone penalty after another, and plays die on his stick as of late. He's a solid pker/overall defensive forward, but he's not better than Palat. If Palat will take 5 or less to stay, it's an easy decision, especially when Tampa can get a 2nd+ for Killorn now or maybe even add to him to get another 1st. If not they lose both by the end of next year and the F group is very weak for '23-'24.
    Either You are lying or your math sucks I figured it to a ppg deal and Killorn is at .684 and Palat is at .676 since the start of the 2019/2020 season
    Palat 136 pts in 201 games
    Killorn 141 pts in 206 games
    and Palat has played with Point and Kuch or Point and Stammer the more talented linemates than Killorn
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 6:47 p.m.
    Either You are lying or your math sucks I figured it to a ppg deal and Killorn is at .684 and Palat is at .676 since the start of the 2019/2020 season
    Palat 136 pts in 201 games
    Killorn 141 pts in 206 games
    and Palat has played with Point and Kuch or Point and Stammer the more talented linemates than Killorn

As I said, extrapolating to a full 82 games played, Palat has better stats based on that for the last 3 seasons. Killorn has been a .5 ppg hos whole career outside of two seasons. He's been the team's worst F these playoffs as well. He's also played plenty with Stamkos the past few seasons, so he hasn't been
    playing with scrubs. The point remains, he's better as a trade chip now rather than keeping. Your vision is very narrow on how the team will look past next year if you think losing Palat now and Killorn after next year(which is a 100% certainty), makes this team better long term. The best course of action is keeping Paul and Palat while making the tougher choice which between McD and Serg has to go, whether this offseason or next.
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    As I said, extrapolating to a full 82 games played, Palat has better stats based on that for the last 3 seasons. Killorn has been a .5 ppg hos whole career outside of two seasons. He's been the team's worst F these playoffs as well. He's also played plenty with Stamkos the past few seasons, so he hasn't been
    playing with scrubs. The point remains, he's better as a trade chip now rather than keeping. Your vision is very narrow on how the team will look past next year if you think losing Palat now and Killorn after next year(which is a 100% certainty), makes this team better long term. The best course of action is keeping Paul and Palat while making the tougher choice which between McD and Serg has to go, whether this offseason or next.

THEN YOUR MATH OBVIOUSLY IS INACCURRATE 201 GAMES 136 PTS PALAT 206 GAMES 141 KILLORN PALAT .87 PPG KILLORN .68 AND PALAT P,AYS A HELL OF A LOT MORE WITH THE TOP GUYS IF YOU SAY DIFFEERNTLY YOU'RE EITHER A COMPLETE LIAR OR DON'T WATCH TB
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 7:20 p.m.
    THEN YOUR MATH OBVIOUSLY IS INACCURRATE 201 GAMES 136 PTS PALAT 206 GAMES 141 KILLORN PALAT .87 PPG KILLORN .68 AND PALAT P,AYS A HELL OF A LOT MORE WITH THE TOP GUYS IF YOU SAY DIFFEERNTLY YOU'RE EITHER A COMPLETE LIAR OR DON'T WATCH TB

Aww, someone's mad, not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but over the last 3 seasons Killorn is at .677 ppg average, .72, .59, .72(49 in 68, 33 in 56 amd 59 in 82) while Palat is at .687(41 in 69, .59, 46 in 55, .84, 49 in 77, .64). Your math is considerably off saying Killorn is anywhere close to .87, what a joke.
    I was off on 58 points per 82 game season vs 55, as it's closer to 56-55 or even. Either way, getting value for an asset vs losing two for nothing is pretty straightforward. Killorn gets plenty of time with good players, and he's had a great run, but now it's time for him to help the team one last time by providing a good return in trade. He's been terrible these playoffs, a black hole offensively and oh yes, very good on a pk that is the primary reason why Tampa is losing the series(an amazing 50% rate atm). I've missed 4 Lightning games in the past 8 years, so yeah, seen plenty of both. Both are good players, but it's basic asset management at this point. As long as Palat is willing to take a discount to stay, bye Killorn.
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 7:31 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Aww, someone's mad, not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but over the last 3 seasons Killorn is at .677 ppg average, .72, .59, .72(49 in 68, 33 in 56 amd 59 in 82) while Palat is at .687(41 in 69, .59, 46 in 55, .84, 49 in 77, .64). Your math is considerably off saying Killorn is anywhere close to .87, what a joke.
    I was off on 58 points per 82 game season vs 55, as it's closer to 56-55 or even. Either way, getting value for an asset vs losing two for nothing is pretty straightforward. Killorn gets plenty of time with good players, and he's had a great run, but now it's time for him to help the team one last time by providing a good return in trade. He's been terrible these playoffs, a black hole offensively and oh yes, very good on a pk that is the primary reason why Tampa is losing the series(an amazing 50% rate atm). I've missed 4 Lightning games in the past 8 years, so yeah, seen plenty of both. Both are good players, but it's basic asset management at this point. As long as Palat is willing to take a discount to stay, bye Killorn.

Palat 19/20 69gp 17/24/41 20/21 55gp 15/31/46 21/22 77 gp 18/31/49 201 gp 136 pts .878ppg
    Kiilorn 19/20 68go26/23/49 20/21 56gp 15/18/33 21/22 82 go 25/34/59 206gp 141 points .684ppg
    Palat spends substantially more time with the top line than Kiilorn any statement otherwise is just flat out untrue!!!
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 7:44 p.m.
    Palat 19/20 69gp 17/24/41 20/21 55gp 15/31/46 21/22 77 gp 18/31/49 201 gp 136 pts .878ppg
    Kiilorn 19/20 68go26/23/49 20/21 56gp 15/18/33 21/22 82 go 25/34/59 206gp 141 points .684ppg
    Palat spends substantially more time with the top line than Kiilorn any statement otherwise is just flat out untrue!!!

Cool, you copied my stats with the wrong ppg, as it's .687 for Palat, .677 for Killorn, but sure. Palat indeed plays with Point and Kuch primarily, never argued that. What you continue to miss is that Palat carries better long term value with the team. He's younger and better offensively, as well as having amazing synergy with Point and Kuch. Killorn is better defensively but actually has value now to move. Hagel, Paul, or Colton will be able to take his spot next year on line 2. Losing Palat now for nothing and then watching Killorn do the same is some of the worst management imaginable from this team. Unless Palat just goes for max $, which no other top contending team will be able to realistically offer, him taking a little less to stay in Tampa and make a ton plus compete for more Cups seems like a good idea. Get a pick+prospect(or two picks, or add something and get another 1st) for Killorn and move on.
    Jun. 24, 2022 at 7:53 p.m.
    Miss YA Killer
    Edited Jun. 24, 2022 at 8:05 p.m.
    Cool, you copied my stats with the wrong ppg, as it's .687 for Palat, .677 for Killorn, but sure. Palat indeed plays with Point and Kuch primarily, never argued that. What you continue to miss is that Palat carries better long term value with the team. He's younger and better offensively, as well as having amazing synergy with Point and Kuch. Killorn is better defensively but actually has value now to move. Hagel, Paul, or Colton will be able to take his spot next year on line 2. Losing Palat now for nothing and then watching Killorn do the same is some of the worst management imaginable from this team. Unless Palat just goes for max $, which no other top contending team will be able to realistically offer, him taking a little less to stay in Tampa and make a ton plus compete for more Cups seems like a good idea. Get a pick+prospect(or two picks, or add something and get another 1st) for Killorn and move on.

clesrly your math is inaccurate 136/201=.676 141/206= .684 A You're assuming Palat is willing to take a discount. B you're assuming Killorn isn't. Palat has been eligib;e to sign that discount sincr the start of this Hockey fiscal year if he were going to take a discount he'd probably signed it already (like Hedman when he signed) Killorn can't sign one until the begining if the NH: fiscal year. serious;y if Palat is willing to sign a c;ub friend;y deal why isn't it done already?
    Jun. 25, 2022 at 12:35 a.m.
    clesrly your math is inaccurate 136/201=.676 141/206= .684 A You're assuming Palat is willing to take a discount. B you're assuming Killorn isn't. Palat has been eligib;e to sign that discount sincr the start of this Hockey fiscal year if he were going to take a discount he'd probably signed it already (like Hedman when he signed) Killorn can't sign one until the begining if the NH: fiscal year. serious;y if Palat is willing to sign a c;ub friend;y deal why isn't it done already?

Tampa was never extending Palat until after the season when JBB took a look at everything. Oh look, another **** game from Killorn tonight. He should be scratched at this point but Tampa really doesn't ha e anyone.else that they'd play at thls point. Killorn is gone. He's one of the few guys who isn't even hurt from most reports, and he's straight trash out there. Oh and look at that, Palat scored yet another gwg and now has 11 goals and 20 points. Palat is going nowhere as long as he's willing to work with the team. Who cares if Killorn would take a discount, which is, wait for it, assumption by you, and he's a weaker Ayer that's actually miveable.now for value. It's a very easy decision. Palat remains next year with Point-Kuch, amd there will be 5 more spots solidified in the top 9 with Stamkos, Hagel. Cirelli. Colton and Paul. The 6th spot will either be Perry if they move him up.or more likely one of Barre-Boulet, Nash, or Koepke.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll