Forums/Armchair-GM

Middle 6 Scoring

Created by: villenash
Team: 2022-23 Nashville Predators
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 20, 2022
Published: Jun. 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just taking a different approach to what NSH could look like next season.

Saw the PHI and BUF in other posts
Add Barrie to help with PP2 and add some extra scoring on the backend -- or could flip him to another team this summer or next

If Forsberg remains unsigned, sign a top/middle 6 FA: Burakovsky/Nichushkin/Copp/Palat/Kane/Marchment

With Forsberg signed, probably trade Barrie + one of Granlund/Johansen the following season to re-sign Fabbro/Carrier/Jeannot-- without Forsberg, cap space isn't as big of an issue
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$850,000
5$2,500,000
4$4,750,000
1$874,125
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,800,000
Trades
PHI
  1. L'Heureux, Zachary
  2. 2022 1st round pick (NSH)
NSH
  1. Olofsson, Victor [RFA Rights]
BUF
  1. Tolvanen, Eeli
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (NSH)
NSH
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. 2023 5th round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
Kunin
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$78,246,101$0$295,000$4,253,899

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$8,800,000$8,800,000
LW
UFA - 8
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$874,125$874,125
C, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 4
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 1
$733,333$733,333
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
I was the one who did the Olofsson trade, I decided to make it a 2nd.

But I also changed my mind and now I think Olofsson would end up in PIT
villenash and MCDavidLeeRoth liked this.
Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
I really like tolvanen’s defensive upside so easy yes for me. I’d be surprised if NSH did it though, olofsson isn’t cost controlled and idk if they’re inclined to give him almost 5 mil with term
Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
Quoting: Stadel
I really like tolvanen’s defensive upside so easy yes for me. I’d be surprised if NSH did it though, olofsson isn’t cost controlled and idk if they’re inclined to give him almost 5 mil with term

Not a fan of trading Tolvanen honestly, but just seeing what a build could look like if NSH decided to do it and get trigger happy trying to improve the team. He's really excelled defensively last season, so hopefully he can improve his offensive output this coming season. And his contract is hard to beat.
MCDavidLeeRoth liked this.
Jun. 24, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Some pretty good offers

I think this could be one Philly has to consider.. might need a mid pick as a kicker to outbid other teams but id take it
Jun. 24, 2022 at 3:08 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Serious question: do you think Forsberg re-signs? If so, for how much?
Jun. 24, 2022 at 3:15 p.m.
Quoting: JeffSkinnerFan53
Serious question: do you think Forsberg re-signs? If so, for how much?

Poile is quoted saying he has an 8 year offer on the table for Forsberg, but it hasn't been accepted yet. The longer it goes, the less likely I feel he will re-sign. Although, honestly, the way he ended his last game and his body language on the stage at CMA Fest recently lead me to believe he's already made up his mind to pursue FA. But at the same time, I have no interest in having a $9m+ Forsberg on this team-- oft-injured, streaky player. When he's on, he's amazing-- but this is really the only year he has been a consistent offensive threat. I wouldn't go over $8.5m, and even that seems high. He's pretty much a $7m player that had a career year at the perfect moment and is now trying to cash in as much as he can-- at least that's what it feels like. And it doesn't help that Poile also traded Arvidsson away and let SEA grab Jarnkrok-- they were two of Forsberg's best friends on the team. We'll see, but I'd be surprised at this point if he signs.
Jun. 24, 2022 at 3:18 p.m.
Banned
Konecny isn't worth a 1st and a prospect, he's worth a mid 1st at most
Jun. 24, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
Quoting: villenash
Poile is quoted saying he has an 8 year offer on the table for Forsberg, but it hasn't been accepted yet. The longer it goes, the less likely I feel he will re-sign. Although, honestly, the way he ended his last game and his body language on the stage at CMA Fest recently lead me to believe he's already made up his mind to pursue FA. But at the same time, I have no interest in having a $9m+ Forsberg on this team-- oft-injured, streaky player. When he's on, he's amazing-- but this is really the only year he has been a consistent offensive threat. I wouldn't go over $8.5m, and even that seems high. He's pretty much a $7m player that had a career year at the perfect moment and is now trying to cash in as much as he can-- at least that's what it feels like. And it doesn't help that Poile also traded Arvidsson away and let SEA grab Jarnkrok-- they were two of Forsberg's best friends on the team. We'll see, but I'd be surprised at this point if he signs.

I usually give Forsberg 9M+ In these things but I agree with you. Even at 8.5M, it’s more than he should probably get. He’s been a 60-70 point player his entire career and gets injured yearly. This year was an offensive explosion from him but it’s also one I doubt happens next season. I really wish we traded him at the deadline. Could’ve got a bounty
Jun. 24, 2022 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s

I'm not gonna complain if it costs less! But I just grabbed this from another PHI post
Jun. 24, 2022 at 3:46 p.m.
Banned
I'm not gonna complain if it costs less! But I just grabbed this from another PHI post

People live under this illusion that Konecny falls under the same tier as other high end wingers. Well he doesn't, he's inferior to other young wingers such as Kevin Fiala, Brock Boeser, Alex Debrincat, and Jesper Bratt
Jun. 24, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.
People live under this illusion that Konecny falls under the same tier as other high end wingers. Well he doesn't, he's inferior to other young wingers such as Kevin Fiala, Brock Boeser, Alex Debrincat, and Jesper Bratt

Im actually flabbergasted by this list you made.

Some “high end wingers” coming off career highs and havent had great numbers before that
Others coming off career lows while have been looking like they have been trending down and even have worse numbers than Konecny

I mean, most these names probably fetch far more than the above offer, so not sure why you’re even bringing them up. Not sure how what Brock or Bratt fetch but Konecny is more than just a play maker… his all around game is where most his value comes from. He has grit and is good on both ends of the ice.

In general I just cant make heads or tails from this list. Id say id probably take Deb over Brock and Bratt together, Fiala over either of those two and a prospect… and I guess it would come down to needs and cap between Brock, Bratt and Konecny

Anyway, all that to say, Konecny is worth that offer.
Jun. 24, 2022 at 5:31 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: ReelBigFan
Im actually flabbergasted by this list you made.

Some “high end wingers” coming off career highs and havent had great numbers before that
Others coming off career lows while have been looking like they have been trending down and even have worse numbers than Konecny

I mean, most these names probably fetch far more than the above offer, so not sure why you’re even bringing them up. Not sure how what Brock or Bratt fetch but Konecny is more than just a play maker… his all around game is where most his value comes from. He has grit and is good on both ends of the ice.

In general I just cant make heads or tails from this list. Id say id probably take Deb over Brock and Bratt together, Fiala over either of those two and a prospect… and I guess it would come down to needs and cap between Brock, Bratt and Konecny

Anyway, all that to say, Konecny is worth that offer.

Everyone recognizes your bias towards the flyers, Konecny doesn't kill penalties, can't really say he's great in his own end if he doesn't kill penalties
Jun. 24, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
Everyone recognizes your bias towards the flyers, Konecny doesn't kill penalties, can't really say he's great in his own end if he doesn't kill penalties

Rotflmao

You put Brock and Deb on the same tier. Sit down

And Philly has a ton of dudes who are just there because of their defensive play. Killing penalties makes you good at blocking shots, not stripping players of the puck and chasing them down. Konecny is aggressive, too aggressive for the PK, doesnt mean it doesnt work 5 on 5
MCDavidLeeRoth liked this.
Jun. 24, 2022 at 8:11 p.m.
Lets go Preds
I’d rather not give up L'Heureux because I think the kid is gonna that scoring pest. I’d rather give up someone else but with that being said if this was absolutely necessary to get konecny I would do it. The only deal I don’t like at all is the Barrie trade. I’d either let kunin walk or trade him for a lower pick. I’d use that cap to sign some like Manson who you could put on our top pairing with josi. But all in all I would enjoying watching this forward group
Jun. 24, 2022 at 8:20 p.m.
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
I’d rather not give up L'Heureux because I think the kid is gonna that scoring pest. I’d rather give up someone else but with that being said if this was absolutely necessary to get konecny I would do it. The only deal I don’t like at all is the Barrie trade. I’d either let kunin walk or trade him for a lower pick. I’d use that cap to sign some like Manson who you could put on our top pairing with josi. But all in all I would enjoying watching this forward group

Yeah, not a huge Barrie fan, but NSH could use some additional scoring from the backend. PP2 looks a lot more dangerous now too. I see it as Kunin for a 3rd, and Barrie for a 5th. NSH can choose to immediately flip him too if they want it keep him for a year— this build is just if they decided to keep him. I think they would be able to get a better deal trying to trade him than EDM considering their cap situation.
GeauxPreds1 liked this.
Jun. 24, 2022 at 8:47 p.m.
McDavidLeeRoth

If Konecny’s value was just a mid first round pick he probably would’ve been moved by now since several teams would have made that offer without a second thought.

I just found the Boeser comment funny as well since Konecny out produced him two of the last three seasons. If not for the Vigneault system handicapping the team he probably goes three for three
villenash liked this.
Jun. 25, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MCDavidLeeRoth
If Konecny’s value was just a mid first round pick he probably would’ve been moved by now since several teams would have made that offer without a second thought.

I just found the Boeser comment funny as well since Konecny out produced him two of the last three seasons. If not for the Vigneault system handicapping the team he probably goes three for three

Boeser has a higher ceiling, and he played less games than Konecny this past season. Boeser had 46 pts in 71 games, while Konecny had 52 pts in 79 games, so technically they were even
Jun. 25, 2022 at 6:30 a.m.
McDavidLeeRoth
Boeser has a higher ceiling, and he played less games than Konecny this past season. Boeser had 46 pts in 71 games, while Konecny had 52 pts in 79 games, so technically they were even

Technically Konecny .658 had while Brock had .647, so Konecny did better. He also did this while only putting up 9 points for the 24 games Vigneault was still dragging him, and every other Flyer down. So he was going at .781 after that.

Brock is a pretty consistent player before this year, who is more of a goal scorer, which some value slightly more, others don’t care. I mean, JVR netted 24 with only two being under Vigneault but everyone sees him as a buyout, so clearly finishing isn't that important to everyone.

I wouldn’t say Brock has a higher ceiling, both players have very high ceilings. Truthfully, I think they get back similar value
Jun. 25, 2022 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: Stadel
From where do you obtain your data regarding a players defensive skills?
He does not PK.
His 50.9$ Corsi, 50.3% OZ%, -7 +/- are all among the worse on the team.
None of those numbers are what I would expect from a strong defensive forward.
I ask because I want to know to help me evaluate players.
Jun. 25, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: MCDavidLeeRoth
Technically Konecny .658 had while Brock had .647, so Konecny did better. He also did this while only putting up 9 points for the 24 games Vigneault was still dragging him, and every other Flyer down. So he was going at .781 after that.

Brock is a pretty consistent player before this year, who is more of a goal scorer, which some value slightly more, others don’t care. I mean, JVR netted 24 with only two being under Vigneault but everyone sees him as a buyout, so clearly finishing isn't that important to everyone.

I wouldn’t say Brock has a higher ceiling, both players have very high ceilings. Truthfully, I think they get back similar value

I'm totally down to be proven wrong should Konecny get dealt this off-season or the next, but I don't like this excuse about Vigneault dragging down every player offensively, it sounds like a reach
Jun. 29, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
Well fiala just got a 1st plus faber. So I would put Konecny in that area. 1st and a fairly recent 2nd round pick like afanasyev or similar player
villenash liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll