SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

Girardi

May 9, 2017 at 12:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't think they should buy out Dan Girardi, but if they do, who signs him?
Jun. 2, 2017 at 8:58 a.m.
Girardi is the less expensive to buy out but my vote is for Staal go to
Jun. 2, 2017 at 12:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: donpaulo
Girardi is the less expensive to buy out but my vote is for Staal go to

My vote is for neither of them to be bought out.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 12:55 a.m.
Oh Canada
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Let's be real if he isn't good enough to make the rangers blue line then he isn't good enough to play in the NHL.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 1:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: gojetsgo

Let's be real if he isn't good enough to make the rangers blue line then he isn't good enough to play in the NHL.

So nobody would sign him you're saying?!??!!??!?!??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Jun. 9, 2017 at 11:31 p.m.
Girardi can be traded starting July 1st when his NMC changes to a modified one, that means he'll have to list 15 teams he is willing to be traded too. I think you can probably entice some team out there to take him for some combination of picks and maybe even a prospect. You could also trade Raanta for a pick and then try to trade Girardi to Dallas for Lehtonen since both their contracts are awful, but that trade would still require the Rangers to give Dallas a good pick for it to be with it for them. I'd rather they buyout Staal since he is unmovable. Honestly I like Girardi and In a perfect world I would keep him for less money and a reduced role but that is obviously impossible
Jun. 10, 2017 at 12:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Granta153
Girardi can be traded starting July 1st when his NMC changes to a modified one, that means he'll have to list 15 teams he is willing to be traded too. I think you can probably entice some team out there to take him for some combination of picks and maybe even a prospect. You could also trade Raanta for a pick and then try to trade Girardi to Dallas for Lehtonen since both their contracts are awful, but that trade would still require the Rangers to give Dallas a good pick for it to be with it for them. I'd rather they buyout Staal since he is unmovable. Honestly I like Girardi and In a perfect world I would keep him for less money and a reduced role but that is obviously impossible

Why would NYR give DAL a pick. Girardi is better than Lehtonen and has a smaller contract.
Jun. 12, 2017 at 10:38 p.m.

Why would NYR give DAL a pick. Girardi is better than Lehtonen and has a smaller contract.

NYR would give Dallas a pick because while they both have terrible contracts Lehtonen is only on for one more year opposed to Girardi who is on for 3 more. Rangers would need to sweeten the pot to get Dallas to take on Girardi contract for 3 years. And if they just want to buyout the player, Lehtonen would be much cheaper to buy out, so NYR would definitely need to give something else. That being said, I'm doing anything to get rid of Girardi and/Staal's contracts this summer. Don't want to buy both out tho, and preferably neither. Most likely can't find a trade for both tho
Jun. 13, 2017 at 9:34 a.m.
NYR v3 GM
Giardi's decline has been a steep one and the changes that have been happening within the league aren't helping him either. His skating is awful compared to the players he goes up against and he alms never makes a solid first pass out of the zone. It's a shame that McDonagh's prime is being wasted because of the anchor he has been dragging around the past couple years. I think one of Girardi or Staal is bought out this offseason and if some tema did sign one of them for whatever reason it would be in a significantly reduced role and ALOT less money. (Something like 1 year @1.5mil max to play third pair) He just isn't an NHL defenseman anymore. The role of a dman is shifting toward a puck moving, fleet footed type of guy and away from a shot blocking, body taking dman and unfortunately that just isn't Girardis game.
Jun. 13, 2017 at 1:22 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

NYR would give Dallas a pick because while they both have terrible contracts Lehtonen is only on for one more year opposed to Girardi who is on for 3 more. Rangers would need to sweeten the pot to get Dallas to take on Girardi contract for 3 years. And if they just want to buyout the player, Lehtonen would be much cheaper to buy out, so NYR would definitely need to give something else. That being said, I'm doing anything to get rid of Girardi and/Staal's contracts this summer. Don't want to buy both out tho, and preferably neither. Most likely can't find a trade for both tho

Quoting: JT_Miller
Giardi's decline has been a steep one and the changes that have been happening within the league aren't helping him either. His skating is awful compared to the players he goes up against and he alms never makes a solid first pass out of the zone. It's a shame that McDonagh's prime is being wasted because of the anchor he has been dragging around the past couple years. I think one of Girardi or Staal is bought out this offseason and if some tema did sign one of them for whatever reason it would be in a significantly reduced role and ALOT less money. (Something like 1 year @1.5mil max to play third pair) He just isn't an NHL defenseman anymore. The role of a dman is shifting toward a puck moving, fleet footed type of guy and away from a shot blocking, body taking dman and unfortunately that just isn't Girardis game.

i'm going to ignore this 'Girardi is bad' stuff. Even Claude Giroux (who plays a lot against Girardi) says Girardi is the most underrated player in the league.
Jun. 14, 2017 at 2:57 p.m.
And he's been bought out
Jun. 14, 2017 at 3:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: loganreid
And he's been bought out

he will be bought out, but hasn't been bought out yet. and it isn't like he's a bad player, he just has too big of a contract.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 12:01 a.m.
like all established players, they are paid based on past performance as well as "future" ones.
DG was a great ranger.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 3:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: donpaulo
like all established players, they are paid based on past performance as well as "future" ones.
DG was a great ranger.

agreed, he was a great player ... but yeah, i guess his contract was pretty bad. kind of similar to Seabrook. a top 4 defenseman with a bad contract.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 5:42 p.m.
Oh Canada

Quoting: JT_Miller

i'm going to ignore this 'Girardi is bad' stuff. Even Claude Giroux (who plays a lot against Girardi) says Girardi is the most underrated player in the league.

Translation: "I'm going to ignore the reality because it doesn't support my position"
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 9:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Translation: "I'm going to ignore the reality because it doesn't support my position"

Seriously, he's an NHL player and he actually does what a defenseman needs to do and he is bad? Seriously????
Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:12 p.m.
Oh Canada

Seriously, he's an NHL player and he actually does what a defenseman needs to do and he is bad? Seriously????

1. Not a top 180 dman, therefore not an NHL caliber dman.
2. If you think that blocking shots qualifies as "what a defenseman needs to do" then you have a very rudimentary understanding of what the position entails.
phillyjabroni and AlexNYR20 liked this.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 11:30 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

2. If you think that blocking shots qualifies as "what a defenseman needs to do" then you have a very rudimentary understanding of what the position entails.

he also moves the puck and all that.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
Oh Canada

Not according to every single advanced stat or the eye test.
phillyjabroni and AlexNYR20 liked this.
Jun. 21, 2017 at 5:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

stats don't tell everything.
Jun. 21, 2017 at 11:33 p.m.
Oh Canada

Jun. 22, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

yes, and i watch hockey.
Jun. 22, 2017 at 5:37 p.m.
Oh Canada

yes, and i watch hockey.

Watching hockey is one thing, understanding is another...
Jun. 22, 2017 at 6:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

yes, and i watch hockey.

Watching hockey is one thing, understanding is another...

yes, and like it or not, i understand it.
Jun. 23, 2017 at 5:20 p.m.
I guess Deangelo is the replacement for Girarde a right handed shot who got more goals in much less games smile. I used to like Girarde back in the day. I wonder what people think of Kris Russel who is big for blocking shots smile...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll