Forums/Armchair-GM

Anderson Trade Id Be Into

Created by: ForsbergForVezina
Team: 2022-23 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 27, 2022
Published: Jun. 27, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
He’s just not that good, I don’t care how big he is. Lou better stay off the phone

As for the Habs, I know Pageau isn’t much of a fit, but valuewise I legit think they’re pretty similar; not super effective 5v5 anymore but bring some physicality, good on special teams and intangibles that winning teams like
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,700,000
2$850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$3,500,000
1$4,000,000
Trades
NYI
  1. Del Zotto, Michael
  2. 2024 4th round pick (TBL)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$80,626,630$245,796$1,370,000$1,873,370
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$4,700,000$4,700,000
RD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4
$836,667$836,667 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 27, 2022 at 1:27 a.m.
Lou traded 2 2nds for Toews when his back was against the wall with the cap

Isles went ALL IN on Barzal with Trotz fired. Gaudreau goes to the Isles and takes their 12 million in cap space.

Isles have to trade Beauvillier and Varlamov just to fit in Dobson contract.

Lou then has to trade another 2nd to move a contract (Ladd deal) Josh Bailey to the Yotes.

There's your 2022 Isles.

Beauvillier, Varlamov and 2022 1st for Anderson. Sorry. Not sorry.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 1:31 a.m.
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
Sorry Lou traded 2 2nd s for Toews with his back was against the wall with the cap

Isles went ALL IN on Barzal with Trotz fired. Gaudreau goes to the Isles and takes their 12 million in cap space.

Lou then has to trade another 2nd to move a contract (Ladd deal) Josh Bailey to the Yotes.

There's your 2022 Isles.

i don’t understand what you were trying to say but i literally wouldn’t deal beau for anderson one for one so
Jun. 27, 2022 at 1:32 a.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
i don’t understand what you were trying to say but i literally wouldn’t deal beau for anderson one for one so

It will be ok. Breathe. Luckily, you are not the GM.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 1:41 a.m.
It will be ok. Breathe. Luckily, you are not the GM.

all i need is for more than one of the teams i support to be competitive at the same time and i fear the mets being good rn has doomed the islanders to the lottery once again
drambui and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:16 a.m.
Mtl will never make or respond to this offer so you´re not into at all
Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:49 a.m.
Quoting: GO_HABS_GO
Mtl will never make or respond to this offer so you´re not into at all

These fans are delusional to think that Pageau is enough when literally every insider including Lebrun and Seravalli are reporting that the ask is massive for Anderson and teams are offering up to the ask. Its like they believe feelings over facts. Cringe.

Its a bidding war. Hughes is smart he will wait it out til the draft just like the TDL with Kulak and Lehkonen
Billy739 and GO_HABS_GO liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:00 a.m.
Billy739
I got no problem trading Anderson
But its gotta be a Toffoli overpay or Hughes wont bother
He's gotten great value in every trade even Webers capdump he got a player who scored more then every player but Suzuki(tied Caufield)

I just dont see how JGP fits that pattern
Andy_Dick liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:09 a.m.
Billy739
Dufour , Bellows and a 1st in 2024 (NYI can swap it for 2023 pick if they want)

MTL gets a French Power Forward , The son of a 1993 SC Champ Legacy Player which will sell a ton of Jersey's and the pick which will be likely 15th-25th(based on their draft history to date i think they'll go on a run next year now that TBL has to further dilute their Cup team for cap reasons)
Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:10 a.m.
Quoting: Billy739
I got no problem trading Anderson
But its gotta be a Toffoli overpay or Hughes wont bother
He's gotten great value in every trade even Webers capdump he got a player who scored more then every player but Suzuki(tied Caufield)

I just dont see how JGP fits that pattern

It wont be but the only problem is that he needs to move one of Petry, Armia or Anderson for the cap issues the next 2 years.

If the market isn't there for Petry and Armia and you are dealing them at a loss then its better to trade Josh even though he's a valuable part of the club and its culture. Build back up Armia's value who's starred for Finland at WHC with 5 goals in 10 games last month and Petry that finished strong with 21 pts in last 30.

Lou must have really liked Josh next to Barzal in the World Championships, and he is a win now GM. I mean he's as old as time, replaces coaches in the last 10 games of the year, he's a complete wild card that doesn't care about what ppl think.
Habs easily can get a boatload off him including Beauvilier who seems like hes gone for sure because of the cap, 1st rounder and a prospect.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:30 a.m.
Billy739
Edited Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:40 a.m.
It wont be but the only problem is that he needs to move one of Petry, Armia or Anderson for the cap issues the next 2 years.

If the market isn't there for Petry and Armia and you are dealing them at a loss then its better to trade Josh even though he's a valuable part of the club and its culture. Build back up Armia's value who's starred for Finland at WHC with 5 goals in 10 games last month and Petry that finished strong with 21 pts in last 30.

Lou must have really liked Josh next to Barzal in the World Championships, and he is a win now GM. I mean he's as old as time, replaces coaches in the last 10 games of the year, he's a complete wild card that doesn't care about what ppl think.
Habs easily can get a boatload off him including Beauvilier who seems like hes gone for sure because of the cap, 1st rounder and a prospect.

I predict you see Savard go to DAL
They kicked the tires on Both Petry and Savard when they thought they had to trade Klingberg
Now Klingbergs officially gone i think they'll cicle back to Savard
DAL only has 3 Right Handed shots remaining now after Klingbergs exit

I think you're right about Anderson and Lou
I just dont think they want Anderson to stop protecting Caufield just yet.
MSL placed Anderson on Suzuki-Caufields LW and they both went a PPG for the 21 games they were together.
MSL split them up because while the line succeeded Anderson was usually the guy to make the plays happen but never get a point

With Wright coming in soon a player like Anderson has even more importance
That said Matt Martin's little Cousin Condotta had a big off season as was a Key Tough Guy who helped Laval get to Game 7 of a ECF
He could easily come up and help Pezetta handle things but that would rely on Pezetta playing a bigger role (which i think is possible given we're rebuilding)

One things for sure not everyone can stay
I just hope if Anderson does go its to a team like NYI where he can be the Lehkonen in a cup run
Andy_Dick liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:40 a.m.
I predict you see Savard go to DAL
They kicked the tires on Both Petry and Savard when they thought they had to trade Klingberg
Now Klingbergs officially gone i think they'll cicle back to Savard
DAL only has 3 Right Handed shots remaining now after Klingbergs exit

I think you're right about Anderson and Lou
I just dont think they want Anderson to stop protecting Caufield just yet.
MSL placed Anderson on Suzuki-Caufields LW and they both went a PPG for the 21 games they were together.
MSL split them up because while the line succeeded Anderson was usually the guy to make the plays happen but never get a point

With Wright coming in soon a player like Anderson has even more importance
That said Matt Moulsons little Cousin Condotta had a big off season as was a Key Tough Guy who helped Laval get to Game 7 of a ECF
He could easily come up and help Pezetta handle things but that would rely on Pezetta playing a bigger role (which i think is possible given we're rebuilding)

One things for sure not everyone can stay
I just hope if Anderson does go its to a team like NYI where he can be the Lehkonen in a cup run

Completely agree. Anderson is such a good complementary player. He cant create whatsoever unless its off the rush but give him a defensively responsible player and great vision passer like Wright. That is a match made in heaven. I said the same thing in my ACGM about keeping Anderson. I am much more excited to see Wright/Anderson together than any trade for Josh. The 13th pick really does little for this team, they need quality prospects, this draft class gets weak around that range. Far too many questions marks than usual for mid picks. Josh can be even better and I think he's just entering his prime at 28
Billy739 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:54 a.m.
Billy739
Completely agree. Anderson is such a good complementary player. He cant create whatsoever unless its off the rush but give him a defensively responsible player and great vision passer like Wright. That is a match made in heaven. I said the same thing in my ACGM about keeping Anderson. I am much more excited to see Wright/Anderson together than any trade for Josh. The 13th pick really does little for this team, they need quality prospects, this draft class gets weak around that range, very weak. Josh can be even better and I think he's just entering his prime at 28

If its me im trying to use Dadanov as a piece to upgrade to another late 1st or early 2nd
Dude had a great season just was one of the guys pushed out when lines changed up after Eichel came on board
Retain Salary at 50% and take back a player that a contender cant afford anymore

Given CGY Cap Situation with key players like Tkachuk and Gaudreau owed paydays they're looking to move Monahan's cap
If you can cut your cap from 6.3m to 2.5m and double your production i think CGY would be open to moving their 1st in 2023
Might have to add something in to sweeten the pot but it could work for MTL who might be able to rebuild Monohan's trade value like we did Scandella's
Jun. 27, 2022 at 4:00 a.m.
If its me im trying to use Dadanov as a piece to upgrade to another late 1st or early 2nd
Dude had a great season just was one of the guys pushed out when lines changed up after Eichel came on board
Retain Salary at 50% and take back a player that a contender cant afford anymore

Given CGY Cap Situation with key players like Tkachuk and Gaudreau owed paydays they're looking to move Monahan's cap
If you can cut your cap from 6.3m to 2.5m and double your production i think CGY would be open to moving their 1st in 2023
Might have to add something in to sweeten the pot but it could work for MTL who might be able to rebuild Monohan's trade value like we did Scandella's

Dont see how they fit Monahan without sending away two decent size deals. They have 2M to play with if Price and Byron aren't on LTIR to start the year. They have to sign Romanov and Rem Pitlick among others. They already took their cap dump with Dadonov, I dont think they can take much more salary without money going out. It's a very tricky situation as many teams are in the same situation, its going to come down to timing. Sometimes you can miss an opportunity to unload a deal and the market dries up fast as very few teams are willing to take on any kind of salary atm. They have to be careful with any new salary on the books because they'd be hard pressed to move salary like the Isles sending Toews away for so little or Vegas sending Fleury away for free after winning the Vezina.

That Scandella trade was nutty. Trade away a 4th for him then a month later get a 2nd and 4th for Scandella. Yikes, Buffalo. I cant remember something like that coming together so quick.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 9:25 a.m.
Islanders Fan

There's your 2022 Isles.

Or hear me out...they don't trade for Anderson and get legit assets in return for the pieces you just mentioned.
bagelbob and Nightowl26 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: joshelkin
Or hear me out...they don't trade for Anderson and get legit assets in return for the pieces you just mentioned.

yeah i feel like i’m going insane every time i read anything about anderson, he’s such a mid player who hasn’t put up great levels of production, and doesn’t have great analytics that suggest he’ll pop any time soon. he just looks like an overpaid middle 6 winger. the isles have plenty of those. giving up 28OA for an overpaid winger (palmieri) is one thing but 13OA + a better, younger, cheaper player + prospect for one is ludicrous, just go get fiala at that rate. the twitter account above has like 800 followers and i don’t see why they’d be considered a reliable source in the slightest, and lou never leaks anything, so i don’t think it’s likely at all but i just really don’t see the appeal of this player.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
CHI NYI

There's your 2022 Isles.

That legit makes zero sense
Nightowl26 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
No point for MTL to make this trade. They dont wanna trade Anderson, Hughes said it himself. Only way he gets traded is if the return helps the team long term since theyre rebuilding. He would get traded for a high pick or top prospect only
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: FiveForFighting
No point for MTL to make this trade. They dont wanna trade Anderson, Hughes said it himself. Only way he gets traded is if the return helps the team long term since theyre rebuilding. He would get traded for a high pick or top prospect only

I hope he sticks to that

And that Lou doesn’t push too hard
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
I hope he sticks to that

And that Lou doesn’t push too hard

Remains to be seen if theres a deal to be made here. I really do think that the team that acquires Anderson wont regret it. Hes such a game changer when hes on and he became a fan favourite instantly as soon as he got traded to MTL. You look at how Lehkonen had an impact for the Avs, Anderson can make that same kind of impact for a contending team. Thats mainly why Hughes doesn’t want to trade him. He’s also in talks for the captaincy so we’ll see what happens
Jun. 27, 2022 at 8:53 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
That legit makes zero sense

Well, your ACGM would agree with this thinking. Its terrible because Pageau isnt being pushed for anything unlike Josh. You made things out of thin air, big guy
Jun. 27, 2022 at 9:30 p.m.
CHI NYI
Well, your ACGM would agree with this thinking. Its terrible because Pageau isnt being pushed for anything unlike Josh. You made things out of thin air, big guy

Is that not what this site is for lmao?

All I’m saying is that I don’t think the perception of the player he is lines up with what he actually is. My opinion doesn’t matter ofc, but to me there’s just nothing I’ve seen out there that justifies the alternative.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll