SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Reaching for Slafkovsky or A CENTER

Created by: PrinceSolaire
Published: Jun. 27, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$0011---0000--
Beckman, AdamWaivers ExemptMinnesota WildMinor-$0011---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$6,588,9121935463611
Change$0-1-1-2000
Final$6,588,91218 (↓)34 (↓)44 (↓)3611000

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$0011---0000--
Beckman, AdamWaivers ExemptMinnesota WildMinor-$0011---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Minnesota WildMIN)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$25,334,1671533523614
Change$0112000
Final$25,334,16716 (↑)34 (↑)54 (↑)3614000
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
I think NJ would have to add here, maybe with a 3rd rounder or a decent prospect. The Wild probably want to hang onto Beckman, too.
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
Banned
Take out Beckman because otherwise not a chance Minnesota does this
CoolHandL and mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 1:38 a.m.
Kap it with Seider
Quoting: Wildnochance
Take out Beckman because otherwise not a chance Minnesota does this

I don't know necessarily what our real position is on Beckman at this point. I LOVED watching him in preseason stuff last year, at first I was disappointed Duhaime made the roster instead of him, but quickly realized Duhaime is the better role player for the line he's on whereas Beckman is a scoring line type. What matters to me is, is Beckman going to be in the lineup this year in lieu of Fiala? There could be chemistry between him and Boldy, but who knows right now - I don't want to see Boldy get locked into the Fiala cycle of not having consistent linemates, especially because I think Gaudreau's success was piggy-backing off Fiala and Boldy, so I don't think he's capable of healthily managing two young players. Realistically, we should /hope/ to see Boldy and Rossi together next year, but then they'll need an experienced winger to lock them down, which makes me think Beckman may not get the runway he needs in Minnesota to crack into the lineup in a healthy way.

I also devalue Fiala in any trade we could make because
A) free agency is going to be flooded with high-end offensive talent this year, and
B) it's no secret Minnesota has to dump him to be cap-compliant, so that puts them into a desperate position, thus devaluing Fiala because he HAS to move (Guerin showed his hand in that interview after we got eliminated in saying that he highly values Dumba, so that's not an alternative move that the league realistically will look at as being probable).

To me, this felt like more of a stretch for Minnesota reaching NJ's value than the other way around, and I may not see a near-future for Beckman in the MN lineup, is ultimately what I'm getting at with this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:26 a.m.
NJ's not moving 2OA for Fiala, end of story.

Minnesota's selling the player, and selling means you lose a gold asset for some silver and bronze, not that you get to trade a gold asset for platinum.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: PrinceSolaire
I don't know necessarily what our real position is on Beckman at this point. I LOVED watching him in preseason stuff last year, at first I was disappointed Duhaime made the roster instead of him, but quickly realized Duhaime is the better role player for the line he's on whereas Beckman is a scoring line type. What matters to me is, is Beckman going to be in the lineup this year in lieu of Fiala? There could be chemistry between him and Boldy, but who knows right now - I don't want to see Boldy get locked into the Fiala cycle of not having consistent linemates, especially because I think Gaudreau's success was piggy-backing off Fiala and Boldy, so I don't think he's capable of healthily managing two young players. Realistically, we should /hope/ to see Boldy and Rossi together next year, but then they'll need an experienced winger to lock them down, which makes me think Beckman may not get the runway he needs in Minnesota to crack into the lineup in a healthy way.

I also devalue Fiala in any trade we could make because
A) free agency is going to be flooded with high-end offensive talent this year, and
B) it's no secret Minnesota has to dump him to be cap-compliant, so that puts them into a desperate position, thus devaluing Fiala because he HAS to move (Guerin showed his hand in that interview after we got eliminated in saying that he highly values Dumba, so that's not an alternative move that the league realistically will look at as being probable).

To me, this felt like more of a stretch for Minnesota reaching NJ's value than the other way around, and I may not see a near-future for Beckman in the MN lineup, is ultimately what I'm getting at with this.

Wild value Beckman. It's why they told him to get a head start on his summer, training. He's going to bid for roster spin in his 3 year of elc. People are way overvaluing a pick , potential prospect whose done nothing. You don't devalue fiala because of the things you mentioned
Jun. 29, 2022 at 11:38 a.m.
Kap it with Seider
Quoting: Wildnochance
You don't devalue fiala because of the things you mentioned

Player values 100% fluctuate based on the market - look at how goalie contracts were a few years ago when the free agency market was flooded with them. When you have the option of signing a free agent like Andrew Copp, Johnny Gaudreau, or Ondrej Palat, without giving up assets vs. giving up assets for Kevin Fiala, you're going to be lowering what your offer is. Plus, yes being pushed into a corner because of the cap and HAVING to trade Fiala is a lot different than having the option of keeping him and trading him anyway - you think Detroit could have swung the Mantha for a 1st, 2nd, and Jakub Vrana trade if they were against the cap? It's important to keep that perspective I think.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
No 2OA for you. Glad some of these ridiculous offers can be put to bed.

Now if the Debrincat or Miller for a loot job could go away, I'd be happy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll