EDM
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (SJS)
ARI
  1. Klefbom, Oscar
  2. Smith, Mike
  3. 2022 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
    Future considerations.

Arizona retains 50% flips for a third from someone.
    EDM
    1. Talbot, Cam
    2. 2022 4th round pick (MIN)
    Additional Details:
    Wild then sign flower to a super cheap extension.
    MIN
    1. 2022 2nd round pick (SJS)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$82,500,000$81,269,462$896,000$2,200,000$1,230,538
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $12,500,000$12,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $762,500$762,500
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,250,000$9,250,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $3,666,667$3,666,667
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,538,462$5,538,462
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    LD
    RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 9:04 a.m.
    Banned
    The only way this would be considered maybe is Fleury resign. Even then Guerin wants 1a, 1b situation. He wasn't happy with Talbot and Kaapo kahkonen situation
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
    If I was GM, I’d accept, but BG recently said on KFAN that “the only thing I know is Cam will be back, he’s under contract”. Maybe that’s GM speak, we’ll see. I think this is a strong offer though. We may just ask for a 3rd round pick and keep our 4th.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
    Quoting: IcemanJoe
    If I was GM, I’d accept, but BG recently said on KFAN that “the only thing I know is Cam will be back, he’s under contract”. Maybe that’s GM speak, we’ll see. I think this is a strong offer though. We may just ask for a 3rd round pick and keep our 4th.

That's fair. I just wanted to use this year's first to accomplish as much as I can somewhat creativity. Moved two short term ltir contracts and used left overs from that to go after Talbot.
    IcemanJoe liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
    Quoting: Wildnochance
    The only way this would be considered maybe is Fleury resign. Even then Guerin wants 1a, 1b situation. He wasn't happy with Talbot and Kaapo kahkonen situation

I'm assuming in this situation fleury wallstead sorry if spelt wrong would tandem or find a cheaper option than Talbot to back up the flower.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 9:46 a.m.
    Owly
    I would think that after getting utterly destroyed by Colorado, you'd realize this roster needs a lot more changes than getting a marginally better goalie to take a step. Sure it's good enough to beat the Kings and Flames but those teams would have been swept by Colorado as well. What's the point of being good enough to only win a round or two and nothing else?
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Timmah007
    I'm assuming in this situation fleury wallstead sorry if spelt wrong would tandem or find a cheaper option than Talbot to back up the flower.

Wallstedt will not play in NHL thus year, not a chance. Guerin won't let him
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
    Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
    I would think that after getting utterly destroyed by Colorado, you'd realize this roster needs a lot more changes than getting a marginally better goalie to take a step. Sure it's good enough to beat the Kings and Flames but those teams would have been swept by Colorado as well. What's the point of being good enough to only win a round or two and nothing else?

Best d and second best forward were both crippled for that series I'm counting on health making a big difference....
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
    Owly
    Best d and second best forward were both crippled for that series I'm counting on health making a big difference....

Nurse would have got lit up, he's not very good. And Draisaitl healthy still doesn't touch the Avs. Edmonton is so far away from the top teams. Despite their two best players being so good. Patching holes with 10 dollar bandaids hasn't worked and won't work. It's too late now though, any step backwards is going to cause McDavid and Draisaitl to want out. So Holland is going to do the same thing he did last year. Nothing
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 11:30 a.m.
    Nurse would have got lit up, he's not very good. And Draisaitl healthy still doesn't touch the Avs. Edmonton is so far away from the top teams. Despite their two best players being so good. Patching holes with 10 dollar bandaids hasn't worked and won't work. It's too late now though, any step backwards is going to cause McDavid and Draisaitl to want out. So Holland is going to do the same thing he did last year. Nothing

I'm not sure what point your trying to make other than bashing the oilers.... 10 dollar bandaid?
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
    Owly
    I'm not sure what point your trying to make other than bashing the oilers.... 10 dollar bandaid?

The Oilers defence sucks, their goaltending sucks and their depth sucks. They won't succeed until they fix all 3 of those. If winning a round or two is the big wins you are hoping for you'll be fine, but only because the Pacific is by far the weakest division in hockey. To me, I want the Oilers to be good for McDavid's sake but I don't see how that is even possible. You have bad contracts all over the lineup, no depth and nothing special coming down the pipeline as far as prospects. I look at the Oilers and just feel for you guys. This is as good as it's going to get before getting just awful.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
    The Oilers defence sucks, their goaltending sucks and their depth sucks. They won't succeed until they fix all 3 of those. If winning a round or two is the big wins you are hoping for you'll be fine, but only because the Pacific is by far the weakest division in hockey. To me, I want the Oilers to be good for McDavid's sake but I don't see how that is even possible. You have bad contracts all over the lineup, no depth and nothing special coming down the pipeline as far as prospects. I look at the Oilers and just feel for you guys. This is as good as it's going to get before getting just awful.

Bad contracts? Find one on this roster.
    No good prospects? Holloway bourgault broberg are certainly very quality prospects.
    D was good enough to reach final four with nurse playing on one leg entire playoffs.
    Forwards I'm not sure what there is to complain about lost Kane but teams loose rentals every year still a better roster than started last year with and that should be the goal every year steps forward.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 12:16 p.m.
    Owly
    Bad contracts? Find one on this roster.
    No good prospects? Holloway bourgault broberg are certainly very quality prospects.
    D was good enough to reach final four with nurse playing on one leg entire playoffs.
    Forwards I'm not sure what there is to complain about lost Kane but teams loose rentals every year still a better roster than started last year with and that should be the goal every year steps forward.

Nurse, Kassian, Kieth, Ceci, Hyman, Barrie and Smith are all bad contracts. Either too much for what they can do or too much term for players who will decline before their deals are up. Nurse is the worst one. He's not a top pair defenceman but scores points off the back of McDavid and is below average when McDavid isn't on the ice. Yost from TSN did an article on Nurse about how he's 2 different players. A average to below average top 4 without McDavid and elite with McDavid. Paying him for what McDavid does for him is a mistake.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 12:41 p.m.
    Nurse, Kassian, Kieth, Ceci, Hyman, Barrie and Smith are all bad contracts. Either too much for what they can do or too much term for players who will decline before their deals are up. Nurse is the worst one. He's not a top pair defenceman but scores points off the back of McDavid and is below average when McDavid isn't on the ice. Yost from TSN did an article on Nurse about how he's 2 different players. A average to below average top 4 without McDavid and elite with McDavid. Paying him for what McDavid does for him is a mistake.

Ceci provided well over his cap hit.
    Keith played top four minutes all year maybe a bit over paid at this stage but delivered exactly what Edmonton wanted. Good luck finding a more tallent right shot puck mover for under 5 million Barrie is very fair value. Your the first person I've ever heard say anything negative about Hyman contract very fair value there. Smith saved the oilers season and absolutely provided extremely great value for just over two million and along with Kass they both aren't even on this roster. Nurse at 5.6 no complaints. It remains to be seen if he's worth the raise he got but can't judge him against his new cap hit until he plays games at that cap hit. If healthy I see no reason he can't live up to it he's out preformed every deal he's had so far.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
    Owly
    Ceci provided well over his cap hit.
    Keith played top four minutes all year maybe a bit over paid at this stage but delivered exactly what Edmonton wanted. Good luck finding a more tallent right shot puck mover for under 5 million Barrie is very fair value. Your the first person I've ever heard say anything negative about Hyman contract very fair value there. Smith saved the oilers season and absolutely provided extremely great value for just over two million and along with Kass they both aren't even on this roster. Nurse at 5.6 no complaints. It remains to be seen if he's worth the raise he got but can't judge him against his new cap hit until he plays games at that cap hit. If healthy I see no reason he can't live up to it he's out preformed every deal he's had so far.

Hyman is a good player but I would never pay that type of player more than 3.5 million. Bunting proved that he was easy replaceable. It's not hard to score when you play with the likes of Matthews, Marner and McDavid. However when he's away from those guys he's a 30 point 3rd liner. Paying a guy 5+ to coast on coattails will look really bad soon.

Barrie is a liability, Ceci sucks and Kieth is a bottom pair guy now.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll