Forums/Armchair-GM

What now

Created by: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
Team: 2022-23 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 30, 2022
Published: Jun. 30, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I cant believe Lou didnt move 13OA for Fiala. he didnt even submit an offer smh. Next best option is probably Gaudreau or PLD and move him to the wing. Since we havent seen a PLD trade yet, I will do him.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,245,000
1$950,000
2$795,000
6$6,025,000
4$2,265,000
Trades
NYI
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
he played LW for a chunk of the season, too.

he has to cost a bit less than Fiala. I would think he is worth like a 15OA pick. So we can use 13OA, Bailey as a dump which they can retain and flip for value and a 3rd to equalize it all out
WPG
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. 2022 1st round pick (NYI)
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (NYI)
NYI
    anywhere for anything. wouldnt be the jets but could be any team. likely a 6th or 7th coming back
    NYI
    1. Vanecek, Vitek [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    They need a more established goalie. Could see a big russian lineup if they get Malkin, too.
    WSH
    1. Varlamov, Semyon
    Additional Details:
    I would imagine they have similar value but you can add some pick swaps to even it out if you want
    BOS
    1. 2023 4th round pick (NYI)
    Additional Details:
    I think that they will get a 3rd or 4th for him. So this could be either pick
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$82,500,000$80,034,130$245,796$1,370,000$2,465,870
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $7,245,000$7,245,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LW
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,150,000$4,150,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $6,150,000$6,150,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $6,025,000$6,025,000
    RD
    RFA - 3
    $795,000$795,000
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $1,450,000$1,450,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,265,000$2,265,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW
    UFA - 4
    $764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
    Less than zero chance Winnipeg considers a soon to be 33 year old winger as the main piece coming back for Dubois.

Fiala's return isn't comparable in this case. PLD is a more valuable center and the Jets aren't being forced to trade Dubois.
    Nix liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
    take out bailey and add pulock or dobson and jets probably accept lol
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:40 p.m.
    Isles555
    Quoting: TuckerPoolman

Dubois wouldn’t return Dobson one for one.. agree Bailey trade for sure an underpayment though
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks

are you joking lmao?
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Quoting: Windjammer
    Less than zero chance Winnipeg considers a soon to be 33 year old winger as the main piece coming back for Dubois.

Fiala's return isn't comparable in this case. PLD is a more valuable center and the Jets aren't being forced to trade Dubois.

Bailey just is not the main piece lmao. the 13th pick is lmao.

obvuously they accept. Pulock has more value than PLD alone lmao. And dont even try to argue it. Pulock has incredible analytics and is on a long term, team friendly deal. AND is a RD which is far more valuable than centers in the current market.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
    Quoting: oliver_wahlstrom
    Bailey just is not the main piece lmao. the 13th pick is lmao.

Yeah the 13th pick isn't close to enough. Plus you would then need to compensate Winnipeg for taking Bailey.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:01 p.m.
    are you joking lmao?

are you joking with that original offer?tears of joy
    Windjammer liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:02 p.m.

Yeah from his replies, I'm starting to think it was just a troll.
    Nix liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Yeah the 13th pick isn't close to enough. Plus you would then need to compensate Winnipeg for taking Bailey.

the idea that Bailey has negative value is stupid and wrong. Is he good? no. Is he worth 5 mil? no. but he is a well respected vet and has solid prodction and has played on the PK for a decade, with it being the best part of his game. Him alone is probably very minimal value but he can be used to flip at a mil or two retained at the TDL for some solid value.

If you want to say PLD has more value than Fiala, fine. But it is quite close. Faber and 19OA is very similar to 13OA IMO. When teams trade up from 19 to 13 or so, it take a pick from like 30-45 to move up. faber went 45OA. Now we add a 3rd just to sweeten the pot if you do have PLD>Fiala.

if you really want to break it down even more, you can make the 3rd round pick and change it to a 2nd. But PLD is not getting miles more than Fiala. he just isnt. And the jets are looking to retool. Fiala did not have to go. they could have moved Dumba and/or Talbot+another defenseman/bottom 6 forward making some money. PLD is not getting a package of picks and players and prospects like you may want.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks

Yeah from his replies, I'm starting to think it was just a troll.

LMAOOOO. you guys seriously overrate a 60 point player lmao. it is pretty crazy.

You guys probably think a PLD return is Wahlstrom, Pulock, 13th pick and a future 1st lmao.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
    the idea that Bailey has negative value is stupid and wrong. Is he good? no. Is he worth 5 mil? no. but he is a well respected vet and has solid prodction and has played on the PK for a decade, with it being the best part of his game. Him alone is probably very minimal value but he can be used to flip at a mil or two retained at the TDL for some solid value.

If you want to say PLD has more value than Fiala, fine. But it is quite close. Faber and 19OA is very similar to 13OA IMO. When teams trade up from 19 to 13 or so, it take a pick from like 30-45 to move up. faber went 45OA. Now we add a 3rd just to sweeten the pot if you do have PLD>Fiala.

if you really want to break it down even more, you can make the 3rd round pick and change it to a 2nd. But PLD is not getting miles more than Fiala. he just isnt. And the jets are looking to retool. Fiala did not have to go. they could have moved Dumba and/or Talbot+another defenseman/bottom 6 forward making some money. PLD is not getting a package of picks and players and prospects like you may want.

Just take it as a no then.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Just take it as a no then.

you have zero response and no idea how trades work.

PLD had 60 points in 81 games. Fiala had 85 in 82. I disagree that PLD has more value but even if he did, it isnt by much. So stop expecting that youll get a lot in return. Be happy with a first in general
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.

PLD had 60 points in 81 games. Fiala had 85 in 82. I disagree that PLD has more value but even if he did, it isnt by much. So stop expecting that youll get a lot in return. Be happy with a first in general

Lol. You are pretty clueless. Why would the Jets trade Dubois now for Less than what he gets as a rental in 2 years at the TDL?

Dubois' minimum price then is a 1st and a good prospect. Do some research, educate yourself on how trades work and you won't sound so ignorant in your posts.
    Nix liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Lol. You are pretty clueless. Why would the Jets trade Dubois now for Less than what he gets as a rental in 2 years at the TDL?

Dubois' minimum price then is a 1st and a good prospect. Do some research, educate yourself on how trades work and you won't sound so ignorant in your posts.

how did you calculate his price? playing franchise mode on NHL22?

To find players value you find compatible's and see what they got. Fiala is compatible. So they will get equal value.

Copp was on similar pace as PLD. barron and the 5th are worth nothing so it was basically a late 1st and a late 2nd. What has more value: 13OA or late 1st, late 2nd, late 3rd and Morgan Barron? And this is being nice to you as the original trade was 2 late 2nds, late 5th and Barron so the 1st adds value.

But hey, please just explain how you got PLD's value and what your reasoning is
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.

Sorry bud, but it is you who has zero clue how trades work. Friedmann reported that it would take Kakko, Schneider, Chytil and probably a 1st for a Dubois. That is a whole lot more than what you are offering. Also, RD are not more valuable than a 200' 2 way center. Never have been in this league and never will be, no matter the market. You think very highly of Dobson, and that's great. I love to see people who are passionate about their team and it's players. But give your head a shake, he has had 1 maybe 2 good years. He is not even top 15 in the league. I would also venture to say that Schneider will be better in the long run. Now, I don't think that the Rangers will make that trade. Just pointing out what the value of Dubois is, whether you think so or not. Your opinion is fine, it is just factually wrong.
    Windjammer liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Quoting: Cory
    Sorry bud, but it is you who has zero clue how trades work. Friedmann reported that it would take Kakko, Schneider, Chytil and probably a 1st for a Dubois. That is a whole lot more than what you are offering. Also, RD are not more valuable than a 200' 2 way center. Never have been in this league and never will be, no matter the market. You think very highly of Dobson, and that's great. I love to see people who are passionate about their team and it's players. But give your head a shake, he has had 1 maybe 2 good years. He is not even top 15 in the league. I would also venture to say that Schneider will be better in the long run. Now, I don't think that the Rangers will make that trade. Just pointing out what the value of Dubois is, whether you think so or not. Your opinion is fine, it is just factually wrong.

HAHAHAHAH SCHNIEDER BETTER IN THE LONG RUN?

Freidman said it would take Kakko, Schneider, Chytil and a first for Dubois? I would love to see that tweet. I already know that you are gonna make something up for that.

Dubois had a negative defensive WAR lmao. He isnt a 200 foot guy. I could say random stuff, too. Chara is a great defenseman and Elliot Friedman tweeted that he could get back 3 first rounders at the TDL!!!! It doesnt make it true. Dobson has a 1.5 higher WAR than Schneider, 8.6 higher GAR. Dobson had 51 points in 80 games and Schneider had 11 in 43.... And Dobson played with Zdeno Chara and Andy Greene for the year. Under Barry Trotz. Nice take.

This is f----ing stupid. Send me the tweet. @windjammer I am still waiting for the trade comparable to PLD. Because last I checked, a 60 point forward who has a negative defensive WAR is not getting back a huge haul like you may hope for.

If you can find a trade where a 60 point center in their mid 20s got back a bigger haul than what Fiala got or what I proposed (and i mean substantially bigger like you are insisting), I will gladly concede.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 11:56 a.m.
    HAHAHAHAH SCHNIEDER BETTER IN THE LONG RUN?

Freidman said it would take Kakko, Schneider, Chytil and a first for Dubois? I would love to see that tweet. I already know that you are gonna make something up for that.

Dubois had a negative defensive WAR lmao. He isnt a 200 foot guy. I could say random stuff, too. Chara is a great defenseman and Elliot Friedman tweeted that he could get back 3 first rounders at the TDL!!!! It doesnt make it true. Dobson has a 1.5 higher WAR than Schneider, 8.6 higher GAR. Dobson had 51 points in 80 games and Schneider had 11 in 43.... And Dobson played with Zdeno Chara and Andy Greene for the year. Under Barry Trotz. Nice take.

This is f----ing stupid. Send me the tweet. windjammer I am still waiting for the trade comparable to PLD. Because last I checked, a 60 point forward who has a negative defensive WAR is not getting back a huge haul like you may hope for.

If you can find a trade where a 60 point center in their mid 20s got back a bigger haul than what Fiala got or what I proposed (and i mean substantially bigger like you are insisting), I will gladly concede.

i love how angry you are about this lol.

Chevy gave up Laine (one of our franchise cornerstones) and Jack Roslovic (a young solid second liner waiting to break out with more opportunity) for Pierre Luc Dubois. if you think he’s gonna flip him a year later for a mid round draft pick you’re insane. If that’s the best offer he’ll hold onto him for 2 more years and convince him to stay or trade him at the deadline for even more than this pathetic offer. Minnesota literally had to move Fiala, they had no choice (not to mention centers have more value then wingers, literally look at the PLD/Laine trade). Winnipeg isn’t in that position with PLD. We don’t even know if he wants to leave, he just said he wants to test free agency. could mean he just wants to see his options and inevitably ends up resigning in WPG. but either way unless someone seriously overpays now, PLD isn’t going anywhere until atleast 2024. especially not for that
    Windjammer liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    i love how angry you are about this lol.

Chevy gave up Laine (one of our franchise cornerstones) and Jack Roslovic (a young solid second liner waiting to break out with more opportunity) for Pierre Luc Dubois. if you think he’s gonna flip him a year later for a mid round draft pick you’re insane. If that’s the best offer he’ll hold onto him for 2 more years and convince him to stay or trade him at the deadline for even more than this pathetic offer. Minnesota literally had to move Fiala, they had no choice (not to mention centers have more value then wingers, literally look at the PLD/Laine trade). Winnipeg isn’t in that position with PLD. We don’t even know if he wants to leave, he just said he wants to test free agency. could mean he just wants to see his options and inevitably ends up resigning in WPG. but either way unless someone seriously overpays now, PLD isn’t going anywhere until atleast 2024. especially not for that

LMAOOOOOOOOO. We are talking about value. that Laine trade was stupid from the getgo lmao. Fiala did not HAVE to go. They have other players like Dumba and Talbot that they could have moved.

PLD had 60 points in 81 games and had a negative defensive WAR. Laine has 26 goals and 56 points in 56 games, on a much worse and defensive team. They are not comparable, they were not then and are not now.

Find me a trade in the past 15 years where a player like PLD got a big return... please.

@windjammer I have asked for that tweet like 5 times now. Still waiting

And Im not mad, I just find it stupid how people like you go on here and say random things but never back them up. I am an islanders fan and I am not stupid enough to say Barzal could warrant a top return. Barzal couldnt get a Pulock, Wahlstrom, 13OA return
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 3:18 p.m.

Find me a trade in the past 15 years where a player like PLD got a big return... please.

literally PLD himself lol
    Windjammer liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    literally PLD himself lol

LMAOOOOOO. You think you did something, but you really didnt.

It would be fair to say Brock Faber and Roslovic have similar value, right?
    So Fiala was very comparable to Laine in terms of production combined with value. Laine was just under a PPG at the time of the trade but scored more goals and had more talent while Fiala was over a PPG and has about 8-10 goals a season less than Laine. Fiala has better advanced metrics so it all evens out.

If Faber and Roslovic cancel out and Fiala and Laine cancel out, that puts PLD equal to 19OA. Now he is worth more than that IMO, but it is literally using YOUR logic. Lets just say Laine is a good amount better than Fiala and Roslovic is a bit more than Faber, that gap of PLD+Roslovic-Faber and Fiala is probably the same gap as 13OA-19OA, maybe a little more so you can add a late pick.

Thank you for saying that lol. Helped me prove my point even more!
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.
    LMAOOOOOO. You think you did something, but you really didnt.

It would be fair to say Brock Faber and Roslovic have similar value, right?
    So Fiala was very comparable to Laine in terms of production combined with value. Laine was just under a PPG at the time of the trade but scored more goals and had more talent while Fiala was over a PPG and has about 8-10 goals a season less than Laine. Fiala has better advanced metrics so it all evens out.

If Faber and Roslovic cancel out and Fiala and Laine cancel out, that puts PLD equal to 19OA. Now he is worth more than that IMO, but it is literally using YOUR logic. Lets just say Laine is a good amount better than Fiala and Roslovic is a bit more than Faber, that gap of PLD+Roslovic-Faber and Fiala is probably the same gap as 13OA-19OA, maybe a little more so you can add a late pick.

Thank you for saying that lol. Helped me prove my point even more!

like you think you’re doing something starting every comment with “LMAOOOOO”?

you’re making this way to confusing cancelling players out and stuff.

this whole thread is stupid. if PLD is moved this offseason it will be for a haul, or he simply won’t be moved. simple as that.
    Windjammer liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    like you think you’re doing something starting every comment with “LMAOOOOO”?

you’re making this way to confusing cancelling players out and stuff.

this whole thread is stupid. if PLD is moved this offseason it will be for a haul, or he simply won’t be moved. simple as that.

you have no argument. legit none. and @windjammer is so scared its mad funny
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
    you have no argument. legit none. and windjammer is so scared its mad funny

this is capfriendly bro why are you taking it this seriously
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    this is capfriendly bro why are you taking it this seriously

you made a stupid comment but are refusing to back it up. This is an open forum for discussion. dont cry
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
    you made a stupid comment but are refusing to back it up. This is an open forum for discussion. dont cry

what stupid comment? you made a stupid trade proposal that will never happen
    Windjammer liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll