Forums/Armchair-GM

Pulijarvi Value

Created by: JustanIdea
Team: 2022-23 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 1, 2022
Published: Jul. 1, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
According to TSN Jesse Pulijarjvi has asked for a trade and the Oilers are willing to oblige and they have already talked to four teams as they want to get it done before the trade deadline.

Here is what an offer could possibly look like:
Trades
OTT
    Let me know what you think?
    EDM
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    15$82,500,000$53,705,714$0$4,025,000$28,794,286
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $8,205,714$8,205,714
    LW
    UFA - 6
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $4,975,000$4,975,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $925,000$925,000
    LW
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,300,000$1,300,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    C
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:33 a.m.
    I think you can maybe add one more piece, like a 2nd or a 3rd from oilers since you are helping them cap wise (getting Kassian, retaining Brown 50% salary), but I would say it is close value wise
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:34 a.m.
    As an Edmonton fan I don't really see a need for Austin Watson. If the Oilers want someone like that they could get Nick Deslauriers as a UFA for similar AAV and no trade needed. Although the retention on Brown's Salary is nice. Would be nice for Oil to just add in a pick instead of Savoie for some salary retention and Kassian's cap dump. Although I see what you are doing there with the players and proposals, and I don't think you're too far off. Good suggestion!
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:36 a.m.
    Quoting: zizougaffar
    I think you can maybe add one more piece, like a 2nd or a 3rd from oilers since you are helping them cap wise (getting Kassian, retaining Brown 50% salary), but I would say it is close value wise

I didn't cause Savoie is a really good prospect who could be a good middle six winger for the Sens this year with a lot of scoring touch. That and I think that Sens fans like myself do overvalue Brown a bit and I would think that the returns would be a slighly scalled down Lehkonen or Coleman trade.
    JBrger18, Andy_Dick, zizougaffar and 1 other person liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:37 a.m.
    Savoie and Pool Party is quite a bit for Connor Brown.

It’s close tho
    JustanIdea liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:38 a.m.
    Quoting: JBrger18
    As an Edmonton fan I don't really see a need for Austin Watson. If the Oilers want someone like that they could get Nick Deslauriers as a UFA for similar AAV and no trade needed. Although the retention on Brown's Salary is nice. Would be nice for Oil to just add in a pick instead of Savoie for some salary retention and Kassian's cap dump. Although I see what you are doing there with the players and proposals, and I don't think you're too far off. Good suggestion!

Thanks I added Watson just as a replacement to the beefiness that Kassian is providing to the lineup and worst comes to worst you could bury him.

He's also good enough to play on 2PK and not harm the team and he is an amazing teammate and person.
    JBrger18 liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:39 a.m.
    Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
    Savoie and Pool Party is quite a bit for Connor Brown.

It’s close tho

It's closer when you think of the value needed to dump Kassian and then the value needed to get Brown.

I would also like to say that I was reading a TSN article today and most scouts that the writers talked to and I think it was Jason Bukula who wrote the article said that he was worth a third or a late 2nd. Might've been Mark Spector if not Jason Bukula.
    zizougaffar liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:40 a.m.
    Quoting: JustanIdea
    I didn't cause Savoie is a really good prospect who could be a good middle six winger for the Sens this year with a lot of scoring touch. That and I think that Sens fans like myself do overvalue Brown a bit and I would think that the returns would be a slighly scalled down Lehkonen or Coleman trade.

Solid take. I appreciate seeing you say that you along with other fans overvalue Brown at times. A lot of fans (including myself) overvalue players on favourite teams, and can't come to terms with a value more accurate lol.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:44 a.m.
    Solid take. I appreciate seeing you say that you along with other fans overvalue Brown at times. A lot of fans (including myself) overvalue players on favourite teams, and can't come to terms with a value more accurate lol.

That's the big problem with this site. Is that there are very few trades where that people agree on because you love every player on you're favourite team and don't want to see them go unless it's for an offer that's to good to ignore which is the bias in a lot of posters as they want to get an outlandish offer rather than look at reality and see the value as it means one of there favourite players is going.
    JBrger18, zizougaffar, Andy_Dick and 1 other person liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:48 a.m.
    That's the big problem with this site. Is that there are very few trades where that people agree on because you love every player on you're favourite team and don't want to see them go unless it's for an offer that's to good to ignore which is the bias in a lot of posters as they want to get an outlandish offer rather than look at reality and see the value as it means one of there favourite players is going.

Yes 100% agree. I try to stay positive for the most part. But there are always those people on here who just comment and say "EDM says no, he's with a 1st, not even close". Then proceed to have pointless arguments lol. Personally I would love to somehow see EDM sign Kane, trade for Brown, and trade for D Strome's rights and sign him. That would be an unreal forward group, like wow haha.
    JustanIdea and GermanGretzky liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:49 a.m.

I mean that's understandable, but Ottawa would definitely try and get as much as possible from the oilers, but yeah in terms of value wise, I think this is decent
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:57 a.m.
    Jimmy Stu
    Honestly let another team do the Pool party experiment. Too many games I watched him look lost and the underlying numbers don't matter to me. Off McDavid or draisatls wings and he did nothing. I wanted him to do well but it just won't happen till his late 20s if at all
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 12:59 a.m.

Not just that but ppl chose to ignore reality and look at their own narratives. Chiarot is 1, Josh Anderson is another. You cant choose to look at one aspect of a player's game and ignore all the rest.

Exactly why a lot of scouts aren't to be trusted as they watch one player's bad performance and refuse to wash it on other viewings. Ppl develop bias and they refuse to move off their positions despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
    JBrger18 liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:02 a.m.
    It's closer when you think of the value needed to dump Kassian and then the value needed to get Brown.

I would also like to say that I was reading a TSN article today and most scouts that the writers talked to and I think it was Jason Bukula who wrote the article said that he was worth a third or a late 2nd. Might've been Mark Spector if not Jason Bukula.

Oh I agree. I have come to an understanding that we are selling Puljujarvi as a loss. I'm not going to ignore the growing speculation as many do here and live in denial. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire as the saying goes. This would be a very tough pill to swallow.

Kassian though i still believe can be discarded without having to take on a contract like Watson.
    JBrger18 liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:05 a.m.
    Quoting: CMac66
    Honestly let another team do the Pool party experiment. Too many games I watched him look lost and the underlying numbers don't matter to me. Off McDavid or draisatls wings and he did nothing. I wanted him to do well but it just won't happen till his late 20s if at all

I look at him as the next Valeri Nucuskin and I think cause of recency bias a lot of GM"s see him as the exact same way.
    JBrger18 liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 1:05 a.m.
    Yes 100% agree. I try to stay positive for the most part. But there are always those people on here who just comment and say "EDM says no, he's with a 1st, not even close". Then proceed to have pointless arguments lol. Personally I would love to somehow see EDM sign Kane, trade for Brown, and trade for D Strome's rights and sign him. That would be an unreal forward group, like wow haha.

Ive seen countless posts of Edmonton trading their 1st at 29OA for Mtl 2nd at 33rd OA and ppl commenting that the Oilers wont give up their 1st, completely overlooking that its only 4 spots. Its really hard sometimes to care to respond to so many ppl that dont even take the time to read and digest information without trolling. Its almost a running joke at this point, post an ACGM and guaranteed 2 or 3 posters wont catch it.
    JBrger18 liked this.
    Jul. 1, 2022 at 11:41 a.m.
    Jimmy Stu
    I look at him as the next Valeri Nucuskin and I think cause of recency bias a lot of GM"s see him as the exact same way.

I get the dream and honestly I have been president of the puljujarvi is going to show everyone wrong club for 3 years. But his weird skating (nichushkin never had that), poor reads, off positioning have caused me to admit I was wrong. I could see him rounding into a decent 3rd line checker (lower expectations) but that's full maturity at 27/28. He's so inconsistent now. I'd be ok if the sens bought low or even value because it's a risk if they're overpaying

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll